The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember right it takes a longtime for the DVD's to come. I usually order them in the fall (but haven't yet this year), and I think my last one took about a month or two. But I would say at least 4 weeks for all the ones I ever ordered. So I wouldn't wait for that to book your trip.

When I called about 2 weeks ago to order the planning DVD, I talked to someone there and she she I wouldn't have any problem getting a room for the end of Jan if I called back after I got the dvd.. I'm still waiting on that dvd. :mad:

I also told her my situation about space. The baby sleeps with us, so we would only need one pack n play or crib anyways. She said that would be fine, because I told her I put in 4 children and the only ones would come up is the very expensive ones, we can not afford right now.

I would recheck this if I were you. I'm sure you could make the sleeping arrangements work but there are fire code limits that Disney really sticks by. I hope you can, but I would definately double check so you had no budget busting surprises later.

Good Luck!

I agree w/rechecking. It says 5 max w/one in crib. And all children will be listed on the reservation. we are going down w/our family and my DS who will be 15 months is listed on the reservation, even though, he doesn't have a ticket, doesn't have a meal plan..but he's still listed.

Great thread! We got back two weeks ago from our AKL stay and I'm already planning for November 2009! I think we will try POP this time as this trip will have to be on a tighter budget. It sounds great, looking forward to reading along for the next 22 months! :rolleyes:

Thanks for this consise thread! It was helpful to have all of the Pop info in one place.

We just got back, stayed Dec 16th through the 23rd. We were pleasantly surprised! The resort was fairly empty the beginning of the week, and gradually filled up, with a large influx over the weekend before Christmas.

Here's what we liked:
-The food court. Lots of choices, great values on the 2007 DDP
-The room was well laid out, although tiny.
-The busses. We drove to some places, but the busses were great. The longest wait we had was 20 minutes going to MGM in the morning, and we had to stand, but otherwise the waits were short.
-Housekeeping was very friendly and took good care of us.

What we didn't like:
-The beds, too small for us with a king at home.
-The mess and crowds at the food court over the weekend. Maybe they weren't staffed up for the holidays yet, but the food court was chaos every time we went there (no parks for us those days). Things were broken (toaster, coffee) and the garbage was overflowing. It was just bad.

It was a great value and we will probably stay there again, although maybe in 2 rooms. The other guests seemed nice, and everyone was happy.

i am getting so excited... how far of a walk is it from the perferred rooms to the standard ? My husband and I are going with my sister and I, my husband and I booked a stanard room, and my sister and her husband booked the perferred and I was just wondering how much wallking we would have to do ?

i am getting so excited... how far of a walk is it from the perferred rooms to the standard ? My husband and I are going with my sister and I, my husband and I booked a stanard room, and my sister and her husband booked the perferred and I was just wondering how much wallking we would have to do ?

The distance can be varied. It could be a couple of doors down from yours, or in an entirely different building. Preferred rooms are scattered. Check out Post #1, and you'll find a link to a map that shows preferred rooms.

Thanks for this consise thread! It was helpful to have all of the Pop info in one place.

We just got back, stayed Dec 16th through the 23rd. We were pleasantly surprised! .....

Great!!! I'm thrilled the condensed thread was valuable to you. Thanks so much for your sharing your experience with a review!!

Are y'all decorating your windows? Mine will be decked out for Mardi Gras!

Nope I'm afraid not. But that would be fun! Just bringing some of the festivities to your room!

Wow it seems there are quite a few people staying in here during the same time as us. Well I did go last year during President's Day week so It definitely can't be that crowded...right?

At the bowling pin building do they have some sort of bowling? My son saw bowling balls in a picture and got all excited :woohoo:

Wow! Looking forward to seeing some of you there. My sister and I are heading down for a long weekend (Jan 31 - Feb 5) and we'll be at the POP!

At the bowling pin building do they have some sort of bowling? My son saw bowling balls in a picture and got all excited :woohoo:

Sorry no bowling. The ball are simpl props and the pool deck looks like a lane.

Those bowling balls are just decoration. You can't remove them. I think sometimes the lobby has games, and sometimes game poolside. I think I heard once that a bowling type game is done. But I haven't witnessed any, so can't say for sure.

They seemed to have Big Wheel races every day at 4 PM, if that would interest your DS. It's by the Big Wheel. :) My kids wanted to go every day. Getting little plastic trophies was better than going to the parks, if you ask my kids. :rotfl: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter