The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle_10- I appreciate your review, and I'm glad people will post the cons. Sometimes the things that bugged you wouldn't bug someone else, so I really do appreciate the details in your post (ie: I could sleep through an earthquake, so noise won't bother me). But it has to be a comfy mattress! (Also, the fact that you are a Red Sox fan gives your review extra merit!)

About the towel animal "debate": have you ever tried to make one of those things? (or even duplicate one?) I have a feeling some mousekeepers are naturally talented, and some can't make anything more exciting than a.... washcloth. I have tried to make them myself, and I just stink. But you can look up the instructions on line, and prepare yourself to make a few, that would be really fun for kids to know how to make their own. Just an idea.

Just wanted to say NICE THREAD Buckeye Girl :thumbsup2

.... I just shrugged it off when we didn't get them. I only mentioned it now because of the conversation topic.

Ditto! :hug:

....About the towel animal "debate": have you ever tried to make one of those things? (or even duplicate one?) I have a feeling some mousekeepers are naturally talented, and some can't make anything more exciting than a.... washcloth....

Great point! I'm crafty, but it would be work for me to make some of those! Their primary job indeed is mousekeeping. Everything else is pixie dust! As I mentioned before, it's just fun to get surprises, and can be disappointing to the kids (even big kids like me) if they see their neighbors with them and they didn't get any or few. :) So I think it's a healthy discussion to make sure there are not expectations.

So if I also sounded like I felt entitled, please know that's not the case. I just saw the similar thoughts of 10_Kyle_10 and had to comment. My mousekeeper took care of me and my needs, and I took care of her with appropriately tipping her monetarily as well as with some sweet treats. It's all good!

In regards to my towel animal comment. I think they are neat but we are a couple without kids and they are by no means the reason we came back to our room each night. I simply posted my recent report for the people with little ones whom enjoy them very much. By now we all know that therw is no consistency or a way to get them. I really wish they just got rid of them completely because I feel bad for the families that walk by rooms with 5 in the window and they have none in theirs. Its not fair for the kids, IMO.

Maybe we'll get some one our next trip in May. ;) If not, it isn't like DS didn't bog down our suitcase with enough crap! 2 different Mickey ears, light up Mickey ears, a light up Stitch, light up Mickey, Buzz Lightyear toy, Zurg toy, lightsaber, and a light up Mickey sword. :sad2:

Thanks Buckygal we all need more POP threads:). The towel animal subject seems so funny:rotfl2: we have seem them to in the windows,and like others have not recived them in three years, but reall never look for them.I still tip base on the service and its always have been great:) We are going to bring our disney beanie babies (or what ever there called:rotfl: ) and decorate our room with them.As far as the noise go'es we have never had a issue with noise but we actually like the noise:confused3 ,we stay in the 60's Bldg and faceing the pool i wish we could of herd the music that would have been neat,but sorry to others that had a problem with it.

Thanks Buckygal we all need more POP threads:). The towel animal subject seems so funny:rotfl2: we have seem them to in the windows,and like others have not recived them in three years, but reall never look for them.I still tip base on the service and its always have been great:) We are going to bring our disney beanie babies (or what ever there called:rotfl: ) and decorate our room with them.As far as the noise go'es we have never had a issue with noise but we actually like the noise:confused3 ,we stay in the 60's Bldg and faceing the pool i wish we could of herd the music that would have been neat,but sorry to others that had a problem with it.

I decorate my room with dirty clothes. :rotfl2:

I have noticed some people mention they had a case of water delivered to their room... where do you get it delivered from?

We ordered water and other groceries from Garden Grocer and we very pleased with their service. Luggage Department even delivered it to our room once it arrived.

I have noticed some people mention they had a case of water delivered to their room... where do you get it delivered from?
Many people have it delivered from Costco or Sam's Club or something like that - I believe you can get a 24 pack for like $16 delivered if I remember correctly. Just order it about 5-7 days before your arrival, and have your name and the dates of your stay noted on the package. They will hold onto it for you and you can claim it when you arrive.

Someone should have the link, hopefully.

Wow, can't believe we have a 3rd thread!
Any advice on how far in advance to book Pop for Christmas 09? We're debating on it but aren't positive. I've thought about just holding a room just in case, but I am afraid I won't cancel if it isn't feasible. Any advice?

Book asap for next December - especially if close to Christmas. On another thread someone said they tried booking, but was told nothing was available, a second check did have availablity. Good luck!

Buckeye Gal:
Thank you for starting another Groovier POP FAQ thread! All your hard work is truly appreciated. Even those of us who have stayed at POP a "few" times find so much helpful info here. I often go back to check the maps for someone or to find a room number/location etc. Even 'old timers' do not know all there is to know about POP. ;)

Another nice thing about this thread is that we get to share tips with those who are considering POP and welcome all to share their POP experience, even the negatives. No one gets bashed - which says alot for the tone of the thread,

Hats off to you for another fabulous thread!:thumbsup2

Awe...thank you again for all of you who have expressed appreciation for Post #1. It is only as good as the input, so without all the posters, it wouldn't be current and accurate. Heck...I hadn't even been there until last month!! All of you veterans really helped me! It's one of those "pay it forward" kind of things. :grouphug:

I agree with Minnie&Nana. The tone of this thread is very refreshing in comparison to a few others onthe DISboards. I hope it will always be this way!

OHMYGOSH!! I had no idea!! Did you post a review? Now that's one I must read! You must have felt like you'd been there a hundred times already.;)

:goodvibes

:rotfl2: I *DID* feel like I had been there at least 50 times!!! There were very few suprises, which didn't bother me at all. That's comforting to me actually! I'd much rather have some surprises at the parks instead of my home for the week. ;) Ya gotta be prepared. Heck...I even knew that the ping pong table was new when I saw it! I was on the Disney Magic the following week, so I knew there were many magical times ahead for me within 2 weeks.

I haven't written an official review about Pop. I've made some comments in response to other poster's post based on my experience. For example, I didn't get the room I had requested on my ressie as well as from what I faxed; however, I didn't even make a peep about that at check-in. I ended up in Building 6 ('70s) with a lake view. I loved it there! Actually, after being there in person, I think it was probably better than the '50s era that I had requested. Then of course I contributed to the towel animal chat! I came back with pictures for Post #1 (and the Pop Photo Thread) of things we hadn't had a photo documentary of as well as adding new and updating some info in Post #1 that had apparently changed.

I see we have a chapter 2 now! How exciting! I accidentally deleted my subscription from the other so I am happy to have found this thread! :cool1:

Yeah! a new thread. I had been wondering if a new thread was going to be started.

Buckeye Gal ~

You've done a fantastic job with this thread. I had no idea that this past trip was your first stay at Pop. Amazing!

Thank you!

When we stayed in sept. we only recieved 1 animal the whole trip we were threw 8 nights.. which was fine we had our own animals all over the place...

Also while there we saw on 4 days were they had all the mattresses lined up to go in the rooms. It looked to be as they were changing the rooms that were not booked threw that day. so when people were checking out they were changing the mattresses. I stayed in the 50's building 3 and they had been changed already.. they were doing 1 and 2 while i was there... maybe they did recieve the beds and had already been broken.. i am not sure:thumbsup2

Going to POP 11/24/08 - 12/02/08. First stay at POP, stayed at ASMusic in 2006 and thought it was great, however the first room we were given at ASM was in Country building and was in desperate need of renovation. we asked and were moved to Jazz building and it was wonderful! Completely renovated, seemed brand new. Have any buldings been renovated at POP since it opened? If not, are any generally in beter condition than the others? Not worried about noise, just cleanliness, room condition and confort!

I decorate my room with dirty clothes. :rotfl2:

I sometimes decoarate my house that way too! LOL! Right now my bedroom is decorated with clothes needing ironing!

On the towel animal subject, in 2007 we had 1 when we arrived and nothing more for our stay. This past March we had one when arrived and then 1 or 2 every day but one, and that was the day DD was sick and we put the do not disturb sign out. She was excited, but it wasn't a big deal the year we didn't get them either. But it was fun. Our mousekeeper this time around must've just been more creative. She also took the balloon we bought the first night and each day put it in the window with the towel animals, except for the newest one. And then she would be sure DD's special baby was laid out and covered in the bed. That was more exciting to DD than anything else. She was happy that the mousekeeper was taking care of "Penelope".

With the economy the way it is now, DH is such a downer (though it really isn't affecting us), so I don't know what we will do for vaction this coming up year, but I would like to do the DCL next time around. And if thats a no go, I think DD can bat her pretty blues enough for Pop again! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter