The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long the Christmas decorations will be up around WDW? When I worked at DLR they usually remained up till a week after New Years. Also does POP decorate for Christmas?

We just made or POP reservation August 23-Sept 1, 2009. Because if this "groovy" thread I am 100% sure about going with POP. We are going to drive from Nova Scotia Canada (32 hours eek:scared1: ). Does anyone know the size of the fridges for rent? Or better yet, can anyone direct me to a thread? We are trying to decide whether to purchase one.

The info in Post 1, was clear and concise and I was able to get DH to read most of it. LOL. I am the planner in the family.

Thanks again for the wonderful thread.

We had one when we stayed for DS' meds. It was a small. I don't know the dimensions but it was pretty small. I believe it was the same size as the one in our room at WL though so maybe if you look at the pics of the WL rooms you can get an idea.

34 Days for us. Going with my Minnesota family!! See you there! We just LOVE POP!:hippie:

On the funny topic of towel animals, we always have bad luck reciving them. Is it because we don't have kids with us? On one 7 night stay we did not get a single one all week. Before our last day we left a note and a nicer tip requesting a towel animal. All the other rooms seemed to have them in their windows. :confused3

The maid did leave us a note... "I no work yesterday" and no animal. :sad1:

I am sorry but I LOL at the note she wrote you!! See ya there - look for a frazzled mom with 2 crazy little boys :)

As far as the fridge goes, this is what we did- when we placed our order with garden grocer or wegoshop we added a styrofoam cooler to our order. I think it was less than $5. We kept it iced up with free ice. It kept our milk, yogurt, fruit, some soda, water and a couple of deserts nice and cold- all for $5. We just left it in the room when we checked out.

Bev

Fabulous idea!!!!! Going to do this!!

Thank you very much for saying that. :hug: I know you were worried we would loose sight of all the good info from the original thread when the "Groovier" thread was established (can you believe it) a year ago.

I think we've ALL done a great job of making Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of the Groovier thread invaluable! So keep it coming!

I know!! LOL! I panicked when you made that one thinking I would lose all the info, but got more. So glad you were right and I was sooo wrong!

Hi Everyone!

I apologize if this has been asked before but I can't find it through the big thread so I am hoping someone can help me....we're arriving at POP in just 36 days now and we're starting to worry a bit about getting the baby to sleep in the same room with us and the big boys, my question is....can we fit a pack n' play in the sink area? Where the luggage rack is, underneath the "closet"? I noticed on the front page that someone has brought a tension rod and curtain and hung it between the walls to darken the area and we're thinking this may be an option for our little one to go to sleep easier...maybe he won't know we're just around the corner?:confused3 Anyone try this? Anyone put a pack n' play in that area before? Any help/tips are appreciated. Thanks!:goodvibes

I think you could, and have even heard of others putting it there, but there won't be much room to get around it to the bathroom most likely.

We ordered from Garden Grocer last month and it worked out so well, the Luggage Room delivered it right to the room. The cooler we got from them was styrofoam and cost about $5.99. It was a pretty good size and we had not trouble putting bottles of green tea in there standing up.

One thing I wanted to share from having read these threads for so long is Mousekeepers are not allowed to keep anything left in the room unless you put a note on it says "Take this" or some close wording, otherwise everything left is thrown out when they clean the room. What we did with our cooler when we left was write Free Cooler on it and leave it near the elevator for some other guest to take and use. I hope someone took it and it helped them out for their stay at Pop.

I am a "Scooter Person" and if you rent one offsite and they deliver ahead of time it will be in the Luggage Room right next to the Airline Check In desk when you arrive. We rent a car to make it easier for me to get around with the scooter so we dropped off our luggage as our room as not ready and picked up my scooter and went off to enjoy the rest of the day at the parks. They delivered our luggage along with our Garden Grocer items to our room when it was ready.

They take real good care of guests at Pop and the reason even though we have stayed in Moderates it is our favorite resort and we return so often.

can we fit a pack n' play in the sink area? Where the luggage rack is, underneath the "closet"?

We put our pack and play in the corner at the foot of the bed that is closest to the bathroom- does that make sense? Between the TV and the wall with the safe. My 10 month old was a very light sleeper and he had no problem sleeping! We wore him out. The curtain is good to have so you can take a shower, brush teeth, etc with out the vanity light borthering the kids. The toilets are loud and baby would better a little out of the bathroom area. But again my light sleepers sleep like little rocks when we are at Disney- we even turn the TV on!:happytv:
Hope this helps a bit! Enjoy your trip-

Stacy

I was thinking of making the first day really special for the kids and ordering a cake. Does anyone know if pop has a bakery? I know I heard you can buy cakes at the food court but can you have one sent to the room too? Would that be something i wait until I am there to do?

I was thinking of making the first day really special for the kids and ordering a cake. Does anyone know if pop has a bakery? I know I heard you can buy cakes at the food court but can you have one sent to the room too? Would that be something i wait until I am there to do?

Unfortunately they will not deliver a cake to your room. Check out Post #1, and search for "Celebration Cakes". All the options you have available to you are noted there, along with a link to the Cake Thread. :)

We just made or POP reservation August 23-Sept 1, 2009. Because if this "groovy" thread I am 100% sure about going with POP. We are going to drive from Nova Scotia Canada (32 hours eek:scared1: ). Does anyone know the size of the fridges for rent? Or better yet, can anyone direct me to a thread? We are trying to decide whether to purchase one.

The info in Post 1, was clear and concise and I was able to get DH to read most of it. LOL. I am the planner in the family.

Thanks again for the wonderful thread.
Hi Dimples1973ca

We are from PEI and did the drive in 2006. We are currently booked for Free dining at the POP Aug 23rd - Sept 6th. Are waiting to try and get free dining in April?

Unfortunately they will not deliver a cake to your room. Check out Post #1, and search for "Celebration Cakes". All the options you have available to you are noted there, along with a link to the Cake Thread. :)

ok, thank you!

Hi Everyone!

I apologize if this has been asked before but I can't find it through the big thread so I am hoping someone can help me....we're arriving at POP in just 36 days now and we're starting to worry a bit about getting the baby to sleep in the same room with us and the big boys, my question is....can we fit a pack n' play in the sink area? Where the luggage rack is, underneath the "closet"? I noticed on the front page that someone has brought a tension rod and curtain and hung it between the walls to darken the area and we're thinking this may be an option for our little one to go to sleep easier...maybe he won't know we're just around the corner?:confused3 Anyone try this? Anyone put a pack n' play in that area before? Any help/tips are appreciated. Thanks!:goodvibes

I think you could probably squeeze it in even tho it would be a tight fit, but then you might have to move the iron and ironing board, especially if you need to use the sink. See what I mean:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/barbja55/POProom4.jpg

I think you could probably squeeze it in even tho it would be a tight fit, but then you might have to move the iron and ironing board, especially if you need to use the sink. See what I mean:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/barbja55/POProom4.jpg

Hmmm......looks like a tight sqeeze and I don't want to have to move everything every time we need the sink, so I guess we'll have to wait and see when we get down there. Think it's worth buying a shower rod and curtain for this? Probably not, right? We'll probably just have one rough night and then he'll get use to it...we hope!!! Thanks for the info and picture!!!!:goodvibes

Well, I think the official policy is that they don't deliver to the rooms right now. BUT, it never hurts to ask.;) We got lucky and the chef called us right after we checked in and actually offered to deliver it. It came it a big brown bag with handles and had everything you need - not just plates, napkins, forks, but ALSO candles, candleholders and matches. In addition, they delivered an autographed photo card from Minnie with balloons. I've said it before on this thread, but it's worth saying it again - that was the most yummiest cake! Well worth pre-ordering. It thrilled DGD13 to have it delivered and it was great having it in the room where we could munch for days!
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/barbja55/HPIM2419.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/barbja55/HPIM2421.jpg

Hmmm......looks like a tight sqeeze and I don't want to have to move everything every time we need the sink, so I guess we'll have to wait and see when we get down there. Think it's worth buying a shower rod and curtain for this? Probably not, right? We'll probably just have one rough night and then he'll get use to it...we hope!!! Thanks for the info and picture!!!!:goodvibes

Well...I've read that people have squeezed in there and then used the curtain, but I'm thinking that with your family it might be more trouble than it's worth as your other kids will have to squeeze around to get to the sink or the bathroom. I probably wouldn't go out and buy the rod and curtain, but if you have one or can borrow one, it wouldn't hurt to pack it and try it.

Well...I've read that people have squeezed in there and then used the curtain, but I'm thinking that with your family it might be more trouble than it's worth as your other kids will have to squeeze around to get to the sink or the bathroom. I probably wouldn't go out and buy the rod and curtain, but if you have one or can borrow one, it wouldn't hurt to pack it and try it.

THANKS!!:goodvibes

We leave in 10 days and I'm so thankful for this thread and the previous!

Any body want me to look for or report back?

I brought a tension rod (fit in my suitcase, we flew) bought a twin size flat sheet, ripped out the stitching on the top sides and slide the tension rod through (I don't sew!) worked perfect, not essential but provided a little extra privacy and filtered the light above the sink while others were sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter