The Greatest Hits: A Trip Like This Needs a Soundtrack!-A July 2012 TR Upd. 5/5!

July 7, 2012

And I'm almost there, I'm almost there
People down here think I'm crazy, but I don't care
Trials and tribulations, I’ve had my share
There ain't nothing gonna stop me now ‘cause I'm almost there

When I left off it was 5:28pm, and we were arriving at our non-Disney hotel, the Springhill Suites! I was really bummed we weren’t going straight to the Beach Club, but it was only for one night, so I wasn’t too sad. Plus, as soon as we checked in and got settled we were going straight to Disney World, so who could be sad in a situation like that?!

John dropped me off to go check in, then he went to park the car. The man at the check in desk was super friendly, and he told me he loved my shirt. He gave me my room keys and a map showing me where our room was located, and then he gave me some stuff that he said was “important information about the free continental breakfast”, which I promptly lost. :laughing: I guess it wasn’t that important, because we had no trouble getting the breakfast without it the next morning. Aaaanyway...

Here’s the lobby of our non-Disney accomodations.

DisneyTripSummer2012038.jpg

I walked back outside, took another picture, and found where John had parked the car.

DisneyTripSummer2012039.jpg

We took the stuff that we would need for the night out of the car and made our way inside. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so we took the elevator up. We quickly discovered that the elevator at this hotel made REALLY freaky noises, and moved super slow, much to my dismay. :scared: Luckily we made it off without and trouble, and then we started the seemingly never ending walk to our room.

Check out this Shining-esque hallway. (“Come and play with us, Danny...” You guys remember that?)

DisneyTripSummer2012040.jpg

After walking for what felt like an eternity, we finally found our room!

DisneyTripSummer2012041.jpg

I now present you with our boring non-Disney room pictures! Enjoy!

Here’s the desk/kitchen area:

DisneyTripSummer2012042.jpg

The living room area, with some of my junk piled in for good measure:

DisneyTripSummer2012043.jpg

And here’s the bed, complete with shadowy John unpacking his stuff:

DisneyTripSummer2012044.jpg

Honestly, for a non-Disney hotel, the place wasn’t so bad. We were just happy to be steps away from Disney World!

DisneyTripSummer2012045.jpg

The best part was, this hotel was a Disney “Good Neighbor” hotel or whatever they’re called, so it had some nice Disney touches that made us feel a little better about staying there!

DisneyTripSummer2012046.jpg

The best Disney touch of all, you ask?

DisneyTripSummer2012047.jpg

QUEEN STACEY, GODDESS OF ALL THINGS DISNEY.

DisneyTripSummer2012048.jpg

Join me as we bow down to her greatness. :worship: And then join me as we do the must-dos that you must do to do the must-dos at Disney. But really, I had a mini panic attack when I realized the hotel picked up the Stacey channel. THANK YOU, SPRINGHILL SUITES. That’ll do, pig. (Why did I just randomly insert a “Babe” reference? I have no idea. I’m writing this late at night. Forgive me. :confused3)

After we finished exploring our room we were reading to G-O. I grabbed my backpack, filled it with the essentials, and we were on our way!

Speaking of my backpack, here’s a picture of it for you!

DisneyTripSummer2012049.jpg

I bought that on our January trip to replace the crossbody bag I usually carry, and it was such a wise investment. Seriously, that bag holds everything, and it’s super comfortable to wear. I love it!

This picture is also important because it was snapped about two seconds before we almost died on the elevator. Okay not really, but the thing was being slower and louder than ever, and when we got to the first floor it took a solid minute for the doors to open. John jokingly commented, “I didn’t know I’d be riding Tower of Terror so soon.” I found this hilarious and laughed all the way to the car. Ah, nerdy Disney jokes. He’s a keeper. ;)

We hopped in the car, eagerly anticipating arriving at Disney World in just a few short minutes! Our GPS said we were less than a mile away! Woo hoo! We pulled out of the parking lot, giddy with excitement...aaaand pulled directly into ridiculously heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic. Awesome. :mad: You would think that I would freak out at this moment, being so close and yet still so far from Disney World, but I was actually okay with it. We had arrived earlier than we had anticipated, so I was doing my best to go with the flow. Haha. The flow. Because we were in traffic. PUN INTENDED. Anyway, the traffic was inching along, so John decided to just get back on I-4 and go into Disney that way.

Before I knew it, I saw THIS:

DisneyTripSummer2012050.jpg

DisneyTripSummer2012051.jpg

:hyper: WE. WERE. THERE.

Up Next: We take care of business, and I finally get DISNEY FOOD! Stay tuned!

Ahh yay your hotel had Stacey!!! Brilliance. Love the 2012 backpack! I kinda want one even though I have my Vera...

Love the ToT joke. Good one, John! :thumbsup2

The hotel looks nice. And if it had Stacey, then it must've been good! :thumbsup2

Yay! for making it into Disney! :cool1:

Stacey at your hotel? How awesome is that?!?

I love the fact that you spent literally no time at all at the Springhill Suites, drop the bags off and head straight to Disney-that's my girl! Lol

Woo hoo, you've arrived! (well sort of). Not so bad for a non-Disney hotel, except the elevator. I have some major claustrophobia issues and would NOT have been able to get back on that thing, in fact, I probably would have just done the steps in the first place and wished DH luck as he went up the elevator with our bags:rolleyes1

Can't wait to hear about your evening at MK:goodvibes

The look on your face in the Stacey picture symbolizes pure joy. I love it. :laughing:

I have that same backpack... only the '06 version. I literally can't go to Disney without it!! It's the perfect park bag! :goodvibes

I can't believe you had Stacey at the non-Disney hotel! That's awesome!:woohoo:

Non-Disney hotels aren't as good as Disney ones, but to save a bit of money or to make a trip possible that would be otherwise impossible- They are totally worth it!

Gah, I LOVE Stacey! My whole family loves that girl, in fact. Granted, I loved the old song better (I quoted your "hot sauce feeling" interpretation in my last TR!), but when I want to complain about that I'm reminded of a sign that used to hang in my aunt's bathroom that said, "qwitcherbellyachin."

We stopped off for one night and a continental breakfast last trip and encountered that same traffic, but early in the morning. Love that you're punny about it!

Stacey at a non-Disney hotel?? Marvelous!

Cute backpack! I have a similar Cinderella one that accompanies me on every trip.

Yay! The gates! I can't wait to find out where you go/what you eat! :goodvibes

Is that the springhill suites in the marriot village? We're going there in august and I am a Marriott traveler; everywhere we go we always stay at a Marriott chain hotel but never in Orlando before. We haven't been off site until now. Please tell me traffic is not always that bad there since they are right where downtown disney is located!!!! :sad1:

I am subbing to your TR and I love it so far, love your rating system and yoiur wonderful sense of humor! I can't wait for more! :woohoo:

YAY!!! You had stacey at your hotel!!! That is not the same without stacey!!!

Loving the back pack, I need to get myself one!! :)

So excited to read more soon!!! Can't wait to see what you got up to in the parks!!! And what park was your first choice!!! :D

That actually seems like a good hotel (for non-disney at least) We almost stayed there, but I convinced hubby the price difference was not that much to stay on-site and the benefits were better :)

Cannot wait to hear what comes next!!!

I'm cracking up at "Important information about the continental breakfast" :rotfl: I mean... how much information can there be? You walk downstairs, the food is out...that's pretty much it...

Check out this Shining-esque hallway. (“Come and play with us, Danny...” You guys remember that?)

Do I remember?! I watch that movie every year on or right before Halloween. One of the spookiest movies EVER. And oh Jack Nicholson, you flawless actor you.

Aww, love the pic of you guys in the mirror. What a cute couple.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STACEY!!!! OH THANK THE DISNEY GODS THAT SHE WAS IN YOUR ROOM!!!! The pic of you posing in front of her on the TV should be your default EVERYTHING photo for LIFE. In fact you should probably blow it up to poster size and hang it in your classroom.

hahaha, Babe! I used to love that movie when I was a kid!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!! YOU'RE THERE!!! I can't wait to read more!

Firstly, love the title! Princess and the Frog, my all-time FAVORITE Disney movie and I love that song, should've been won that Academy Award not the crappy country song from Crazy Heart :P Anyways...

Wow, you have one cool off-property hotel. That may be the nicest non-Disney hotel worker I've heard of yet, but, in reply to your Shining reference with some variation, "All work and no play makes Joni a dull girl." (Awesome movie! Jack Nicholson is the man!) Until you turn on the TV and then STACEY! Wow, I can't believe they had Stacey at the hotel, so cool! I never even knew there were good neighbor hotels like that in WDW, only thought they were in DLR. Well, learn something new everyday! LOL @ John's reaction to the elevator, this hotel is truly Shining-esque.

Sorry to hear you hit traffic on your way out though, GPSs really are awful when picking a route since they always go for the popular one. But you made it! Gotta love those gates, always prepare the way for an awesome trip!

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I just found this TR today and as a result, went back and read through your first TR from 2010! I really enjoyed it and I look forward to your newest adventure at WDW! In between updates, I'll read your other TR. Until I can get back and visit, I'll live vicariously through your posts!!

Love the trip report. With no trip on the immediate horizon, it is always good to live vicariously through others ;)

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites a year ago on a quick trip down. It was really nice for a non-Disney hotel, but the traffic was brutal every night!!!

My dad is the same way about wanting to drive the entire time. Only recently has he started letting my mom do some of the driving because he's old and his knees get tired. Oh, men and their pride... ;)

I'm sorry about the traffic. I hate it too. Sitting in traffic gives me anxiety. There's nothing worse. OK, there are worse things (ie: death, illness, birds) but traffic is just awful.

QUEEN STACEY! Is it just me or do non-Disney hotels become a lot less gross and uninviting when you discover that Stacey's there waiting to divulge all the must-do's?

YAY DISNEY WORLD!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter