• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Grand Floridian, View From Room

Ranger1873

Mouseketeer
Looking at a stay at the GF in a standard room.

Can anyone advise what the likely view from these rooms will be, are there any that should be avoided or areas to request?

Thanks.

The grounds of the GF are beautiful. Every time we have stayed there we have had a wonderful view no matter which category we booked. Most likely the room will be overlooking the inner grounds (where the quiet pool is). I believe the other side of the buildings (overlooking the lake) are all considered lagoon view or in some cases theme park view.

Enjoy your trip!

The room view categories at the GF are garden view, lagoon view, theme park view. In a garden view room, you will have a view of the courtyard, as ancestry posted, or of the marina, or the monorail on the back side of Sago.

We usually request the building we like when staying garden view. If you would like to be nearer the main building and themed pool, Big Pine Key is a good request. Boca Chica has a nice view of the main building, and is near the courtyard pool and boat dock. Conch Key, my personal favorite, is near the courtyard pool, boat dock and marina, with a short walk to Gasparilla's (counter service and arcade). Sago Cay is the quietest building, with views of the marina and monorail; it is close to Gasparilla's and the bus stop. It is, on the other hand, the furthest from the pools.

The only rooms with a less desirable view, in my opinion, are some in Big Pine Key and Boca Chica that overlook the courtyard pool building.

Here is a link to the GF FAQ, where there is a map on the first page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718331

Enjoy your planning, and have a Grand vacation!:sunny:

We just got back from a wonderful stay at GF. Our itinerary also stated "standard" or "garden" view, but we ended up in a theme park view room in Boca Chica. We had no idea until we entered the room and opened the curtains. We didn't request anything at check in, so I guess we just got lucky! However, the grounds of the GF are so breathtaking, that I can't imagine there is a bad view in the house!! Boca Chica was in a great location...quiet pool directly outside, main building across from pool, and Gasparilla Grill (which we used often for snacks), was just around to the right. I'm sure wherever your room is, you'll enjoy your stay!!

As the others have said, the GF has beautiful grounds and there's really not a room with a bad view, IMO :). There are some rooms that have a "less desirable" view like k&a&c'smom mentioned, but for the most part, the room views are great ;). Have a magical trip.....the GF is a great resort :wizard:.

Our standard view was in Boca Chica and was a view of the quiet pool and the main building. Loved it! :cloud9:

We now have a reservation for 14 nights from September 2nd, Outer Building – Standard Room – Club Level.

Can anyone tell us what to expect?

Thanks,

Ranger.

We now have a reservation for 14 nights from September 2nd, Outer Building – Standard Room – Club Level.

Thanks,

Ranger.

Oh, very exciting.:cool1: Outer building club means your room will be in Sugar Loaf. There's a map in the GF FAQ that should help you. It's a great location and we love it there. Views are either of the marina or the courtyard with the original pool in the distance. Happy planning and have a Grand holiday. :wizard:

Thanks,

Ranger.

That's exactly whar our reservation said. We had a beautiful second floor room in Sugar Loaf. We had a view of the marina. We could see the fireworks from our balcony. Our room was 6211 and it was perfect.

I don't think that there is a bad view in this resort! I love this place it so nice and peaceful!enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter