The Good Ole Freap Chat ~ Sequel Part III ~

Our trip next week had to be bare-bones or DH wouldn't go for it. He always resists going to WDW but then he doesn't want to come home when we get down there. :sad2: Our week with the free dining is about $800 and we are using frequent flyer miles to get there. This may be the cheapest Florida trip we have ever taken. Seems like a bargain to me. :banana:

That sounds like a great price!

Do you have all of your ADRs?? Where will you be dining? :yay:

When we were there you could not even get near a restaurant for dinner w/o ADRs. I do not like to plan ahead like that- but anymore, that is what you have to do.

They had to open up some other places to dine just to accomodate all the free dining visitors!

One night we wanted to have dinner and had no ressies- so our hotel checked for us, there was NOTHING open except for Wolfgang Puck Cafe- upstairs. I asked her if they take the dining plan and she looked into it and told me, yes, they did......we get there, and are ready to order and the waiter asked if we were on the dining plan- I said yes, and he said they do not accept it:rotfl2: :headache:

It is DOWNSTAIRS that takes the dining plan! Not upstairs- we had to pay out of pocket. Live and learn.........

Ladies and Gentlemen... Introducing our newest tag team.....MADD AND HRH....

manmos.gif
kanemura.gif

My eyes have gotten so bad and I can't wear contacts any more. :sad1: My astigmatism has gotten so bad that my eyes are literally shaped like footballs with pointed ends. The eye doctor told me should could find me contacts that would fit but she doesn't even recommend them because of the cost. sigh From what I have experienced the contacts will roll around a bit, causing blurred vision, if they can't seal to the eyeball.

Oddly enough, the last time I had a check up she told me my vision was improving and she felt she sees that in patients as they get older. However, the astigmatism is not improving so, although my vision is reversing and improving, the astigmatism and shape of my eye still makes contacts cost-prohibited. :confused3 I need to get in and get my eyes checked again. I am having trouble reading with my glasses but it is because my eyes are getting 'better' and my glasses are too strong. :sad2:

I am so sorry about your horses but I know it makes you feel better to know they have gone to a good home. :hug:

I have NOT made our ADR!! :scared: I usually plan everything right down to the finest detail and I have just been too busy to get that far into it this time. DH told me he does not want to go to the parks that open early. He wants to avoid those crowds. Ok. That means I have to even plan which day we go to which park. :guilty: Normally, that wouldn't be a problem but I just haven't gotten to it. Actually, I have been spending more time on this board with my friends than I have planning my trip. I think it is a mental avoidance thing. :rotfl: I will probably have to sit down this afternoon and finish those reservations. There are just SO many places we haven't tried yet and so many places to choose from! It is exciting and overwhelming at the same time. :yay:

I love the smilies, Debii! :rotfl2: And I agree with you, watching Madd and HRH roam around the DIS neighborhood together can be hIlarious!

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting HRH yet, but it sounds like its a hoot when she and Madd get together. Someone bring her back!

Mt-I'm excited for your trip next week! I too want to hear where you are planning on dining! And Minnievanmom-I am excited for your trip as well. I will keep happy thoughts in mind for the weather (of course, keeping happy thoughts about your weather also means I have my weather in mind as well! ;) ) I have to say that I have a close eye on Ike!! Or should I say EEK!

AWM and Madd-I love the 1900 Park Faire pics you both had. We LOVED that dinner, not because of the food as much as because of the entertainment from the stepsisters! It was a blast!

Today, back to work and reading Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain.

I love that book too! And to tell the truth I kind of have the hots for Anthony B.
AnthonyBourdain.jpg

Susan-YOU BETTER GET TO WORK ON THOSE ADR"S YOUNG LADY!!!! Free dining won't do you any good if you can't get in.:sad2: I'm jealous of your trip. I plan imaginary trips all the time just to have something to daydream about.:rotfl2: Even assuming I can talk DH into going in the spring, the AKL part is probably just a fantasy. A freap's gotta have dreams though.:cloud9:

I can't keep all the storms straight any more....they are all coming in so fast one right after the other! :guilty:

I love that book too! And to tell the truth I kind of have the hots for Anthony B.
AnthonyBourdain.jpg

Susan-YOU BETTER GET TO WORK ON THOSE ADR"S YOUNG LADY!!!! Free dining won't do you any good if you can't get in.:sad2: I'm jealous of your trip. I plan imaginary trips all the time just to have something to daydream about.:rotfl2: Even assuming I can talk DH into going in the spring, the AKL part is probably just a fantasy. A freap's gotta have dreams though.:cloud9:
You are right....all the way around! :goodvibes

I have NOT made our ADR!! :scared: I usually plan everything right down to the finest detail and I have just been too busy to get that far into it this time. DH told me he does not want to go to the parks that open early. He wants to avoid those crowds. Ok. That means I have to even plan which day we go to which park. :guilty: Normally, that wouldn't be a problem but I just haven't gotten to it. Actually, I have been spending more time on this board with my friends than I have planning my trip. I think it is a mental avoidance thing. :rotfl: I will probably have to sit down this afternoon and finish those reservations. There are just SO many places we haven't tried yet and so many places to choose from! It is exciting and overwhelming at the same time. :yay:

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: NO ADRs and you are leaving next week!!! My heart goes out to you!!! At least you are getting the MP for free- you will be fine with your CS and your snacks.

I can tell you this- Spoodles on the BW serves breakfast until 11am and they were never crowded- so that is an option. You can use a TS for a really nice (non character:thumbsup2 ) breakfast

Do you think your DH might not mind getting to the parks around 11am- you MIGHT be able to use your TS credits for an early lunch at some of the restautants. Especially in Epcot. When we were in Epcot early in the day it seemed like no one was in the World Showcase- however, with the F&W that might be a little different now.

BTW- don't even BOTHER attempting to eat at the AK!:sick: The whole place is filled with horrible food, CS and TS- IMHO anyway. Bleck- we ate at Pizzafari OMG- the pizza is horrible- I am limited b/c I am a veggie- but AK is the worst!

I cannot believe they got rid of the Tusker House CS:sad2: That was a really bad move! The TH had the best CS meals!

If you are planning on going to DTD- go to Wolfgang Puck EXPRESS for the pizza!!!! Now THAT is so worth it! You get really good food and it is CS!!

The one thing I really did not like about the changes to the DP is no appetizer however, you get a dessert:confused3 Disney is making such a fuss about "healthy eating" and they do away with the more healthy choice:mad: I am sure it has everything to do with the saving money somehow!:sad2:

Chocolate and half 'n half! :thumbsup2

I KNOW!!!!:scared1: Well, I DID make the switch to 2% milk in the drinks, in place of the half and half now that I am home- I think I might just do the Vanilla Vodka, the 2% milk and squirt a tad bit of chocolate syrup and shake it up!:rotfl2:

I DOUBT they make low-cal Godiva Chocolate liquor!:lmao:

I, too, have the unavoidable (and strange!) crush on Anthony Bourdain! I record ALL of his shows and have a hard time deleting them, so there is always about 20% of our storage space on our tivo devoted to him! :rotfl:

I currently have his No Resevations book checked out of the library...I've had it for over 3 weeks already and just renewed it so I wouldn't have to part with it yet!:love:

Sorry about the size of your character Madd, I was going for the hairdo! :rotfl2:

mt--:scared1: No ADR's yet?:scared1: There are just 2 of you, right? Still:scared1: :scared1:

AKL is so awesome. Hope you can figure out a way to do it. We were there last Sept. and really enjoyed it.

Disney2GBCard015.jpg

Disney2GBCard016.jpg

Disney1GBCard079.jpg

Disney1GBCard053.jpg

What about just Vanilla Vodka and YooHoo! Isn't that low fat? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

By the way...the tv was just hijacked by the weather sevice....Big news conference, Ike is not looking so good! It should most likely stay to the south end, but everyone will head north and clog up the highways and hotels and whatnot....They already said they are prepared to route all of the highways north bound! So I guess we'll see....I think I might have to go clear off the lanai again. Good thing we didn't take the shutters down! :thumbsup2

Cape Cod????? OMG Kellie! You SO deserve to have a wonderful time!:hug:

I have been to Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard- I did not get to see enough of Cape Cod b/c we were rushing off to stay in Nantucket- which I loved!

DH and I have been talking about going Savannah in the Fall! I have to get some "numbers" together for him- for the budget!;)

I'm a born and raised Cape Codda. I just recently moved to Florida. Cape Cod is a beautiful place,but it gets a little too crazy in the summer. I do miss the beaches and the sunsets. My family (Mom,Sister, Daughter and Grand Baby) still live there.

:rotfl2: Madd-now you're gonna have to figure out a way to layer them and call them "Zebra Butt Martinis"!:laughing:

I love those pics from the AKL. I do hope I can find a way to stay there a couple of days. The kids and the DH would absolutely love it(not to mention momma:lmao: ). If we do, I am definately spending a lot of time there to fully appreciate it. We'll get the commando touring out of the way earlier in the week so we can relax some.:hippie:

AnthonyBourdain.jpg

I'm jealous of your trip. I plan imaginary trips all the time just to have something to daydream about.:rotfl2: Even assuming I can talk DH into going in the spring, the AKL part is probably just a fantasy. A freap's gotta have dreams though.:cloud9:

Marna- please, do not tell me you are daydreaming about a Disney trip when you have JD on this earth!:lmao: :rotfl2:

You know- DH watches Anthony Bourdain and I just can't get into him:sad2: He seems a little cocky or something :confused3 I can't put my finger on it.....

I may have mentioned this long ago- but do any of you watch 3 Sheets on MOJO??? I am SO in love with Zane Lamprey! I always tell DH I want to hang out with Zane b/c he is always SO darn funny (and sexy!)

He goes around drinking in different countries

This is Zane:lovestruc He never dresses like this- he is just being a goofy ham!

HeaderBkrnd.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter