The Future of Epcot...

I think it's a sad indictment on both the park and consumers to see "is Epcot worth going to with 4-8 year old girls?"

Is it that Epcot is not interesting? It's become "pedestrian" with a 190 ft tall golfball in it?

Or more that it has to be an Eisner era reel of Princess movie highlights in 3 dimensions in EVERY Disney park?

Note: this is nothing personal to the poster...I think this is the common thought process that has evolved.

Last edited:
The lack of direction is because the park strategy has been phoned in from headquarters by an executive team that is focused only on things like retail receipts, resort advance bookings, tracking bracelet data, and the DIS share price.

No vision, no attachment to corporate history or traditions, and no feeling for the warmth of the stories and the aspirations they represent.

The word "cynical" sums it up.

If you don't believe me, then please explain the imagination/EO debacle, the Energy Adventure disaster, the paperboy insult, and the Wonders of Life tragedy ...

I have been reading recently of an overhaul to Journey to Imagination based on the new Marvel comics! I hope this happens soon!
There's just That pesky contract that precludes all the marvel titles that people identify with marvel...

And we're putting more brand
Name ip Into a place That specifically wasn't about brandname ip...other brand names? Yes....

But not overlays to feed gift shops

Does it fall under that ruling since it's a ride based on a comic that was based on the ride? There's a mind bender for you.. lol.. Btw, they sell the comic at the gift shop and it's really pretty good.

There's just That pesky contract that precludes all the marvel titles that people identify with marvel...

And we're putting more brand
Name ip Into a place That specifically wasn't about brandname ip...other brand names? Yes....

But not overlays to feed gift shops
No the contract only includes avengers related characters. The comic based on figment is a origin story of where he and dreamfinder came from. The comic series has been extremely popular. It could be used in the parks if they wanted, they even sell the, in the parks.

Does it fall under that ruling since it's a ride based on a comic that was based on the ride? There's a mind bender for you.. lol.. Btw, they sell the comic at the gift shop and it's really pretty good.
This comic does not fall under the contract.

Figment2 - the sequel just came out (on issue #2 or 5). I think the new ride is supposed to be based on the 2nd series which is out now.

No the contract only includes avengers related characters. The comic based on figment is a origin story of where he and dreamfinder came from. The comic series has been extremely popular. It could be used in the parks if they wanted, they even sell the, in the parks.

If I understand correctly...it covers all the ones currently in use.

That's X-men, Spider-Man, avengers, and the fantastic four...if you look at the rides currently being used.

That basically is marvel.

If I understand correctly...it covers all the ones currently in use.

That's X-men, Spider-Man, avengers, and the fantastic four...if you look at the rides currently being used.

That basically is marvel.
We are talking about figment not a current marvel character. Figment is a Disney character that they decided to make a marvel comic on. The contract does not cover him. Universal can't use figment in their theme parks because he is featured in a marvel comic.

I came onto Disboards to get some up to date information, tips and recommendations for my upcoming trip in December, but I feel very deflated after reading this thread. If Epcot (and the other parks according to some entries) are so bad, why do you go there for your vacations? I'm not being antagonistic, I am just wondering what keeps people going back?

Last edited:
I really think that they should somehow add in the characters from Inside Out somewhere into Future World. They are almost made for an attraction!

I know World Showcase isn't a place for rides, but I wouldn't be mad seeing something like the Ratatouille ride come to the France pavilion!

I would love to see a Dr. Who themed ride in the UK. Imagine entering the tardis for a film based ride that takes you to various times in history and running into daleks, Cybermen, etc. They could have several films so each time is a different
experience.

I came onto Disboards to get some up to date information, tips and recommendations for my upcoming trip in December, but I feel very deflated after reading this thread. If Epcot (and the other parks according to some entries) are so bad, why do you go there for your vacations? I'm not being antagonistic, I am just wondering what keeps people going back?

Jackie, despite shortcomings in all the parks, and there always will be since Disney World is a work in progress, as corny as it sounds, it's still the "Happiest place on Earth". That hasn't changed.

And despite a fairly long list of suggestions I had for Epcot a page or two back, its still my favorite park.

Don't get discouraged.

Part of it is the forum you're in. This is more of a place to discuss the changes and future plans and so on. You will see more tips and info on the Themeparks forum even though there might be some negativity too in a few of the threads.

I wouldn't worry too much.

To be perfectly honest. While I would love to see Epcot get some new attractions, I'm also happy with the way it is now. I love having a more relaxed pace here in the evenings. We started coming to Disney when our twins were 3, and they are 7 now. We are Rope Drop Commando, afternoon at the resort, meandering pace in the evening park goers, and Epcot fits perfectly into this touring style. We stroll the countries, the kids color duffy, watch the trains in Germany, run around the maze in England, catch a show, while mom and dad have a beer or two and unwind from the hectic day. Not to mention that Illuminations is my personal favorite of the evening shows. Epcot's Future World could certainly use a refresh. But if you have park hoppers or APs, it's a lovely way to spend an evening. Even with kids.

For the record, I was in Epcot when it first opened, and I do remember and miss all of the old pavilions. I wish they would do something with those spaces. That said, I definitely think that HS and AK needed attention before Epcot. I love AK and can spend 2 half days there. Half days. I'm done after lunch. It's too big and too hot and I want out. HS is fun, but just for a day. They need work. I can go to Epcot every evening and be happy. I can't say the same of HS and AK. Maybe MK, but the evening crowds are just insane. I just hope that Disney eventually circles back once AK and HS updates are done, and announces something for Epcot.

When I was little Epcot was my favourite park. I remember there being many interactive things to do like the exercise bikes with the screens on them, all the things to do in the imagination pavilion, Epcot needs to go back to that, interactive pavilions using technology

I know this isn't going to happen (at least for awhile) but has there ever been any discussion of what countries Disney would use if they did add new ones to the world showcase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter