• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Frickles Family Vacation: Every Mile a Memory; THE LAST MILE! CH 12 pg 20 6/20!

SweetJamal said:
Those Beach Club halls are long, but would Mr. Frick prefer walking to Epcot from Port Orleans?
Girl! Why didn't I think of that comeback while we were there! Good one!

whogirl's said:
Way to go on the upgrade!
Thank you muchly! I am pretty proud of it! It was our first, and hopefully not our only!!!

Melinda said:
Way to score the upgrade, Frick! But I don't believe all that "boo-yah" stuff for a minute. I bet you said something like....."Oh, y'all are so sweet! Thank you for the awesome room!"
Well us Southern Girls are sweet as sugar.... you know me too well! ;)

ASH said:
Okay, I admit it. I would've bought him the frickin' slushie. I'm a wimp, what can I say? I KNOW the meanest mamas (both north and south) would never give in, and I admire you for sticking to your guns. I just don't think I could deal with that sweet, sad (okay, furious) face all night. Poor baby had had a tough, tiring day, what with smashing into a brick wall and all........(Geesh, you'd think Dad would've gotten him the slushie out of guilt, if nothing else!!)

I'm ded over the last sentence!!

CRSNDSNY said:
I just have to say I think you all are excellent parents for not giving in. YOu're right that it really would set a precedent for the rest of the trip although you probably wanted nothing more than to make him happy. You did the right thing

Girl that was sweet of you to say! Thank you!

PongoPrettyGirl said:
Andy and I went to the ESPN club one trip and we watched a radio show, it was pretty neat.

I found the bathrooms to be interesting.

Who needs to watch sports while they pee?
Oh now I am bummed that I did not go to the potty....that sounds cool but it would have been even cooler if they had some Grey's Anatomy playing in the girl's room. :) And the pick of David Lee is the Bomb! That is how I like him. He looks too much like a banker these days. (NOMellyMan)

KPK/Kimmie said:
Oh yes. My little shy fry knew exactly what she was doing to abandon her mom and catch a ride with the Frick boys and The Nicest Parents in the World.
It looks like she had a good time to me!!!

summer07521.jpg

For those of y'all who are wondering what in the stars we are talking about,
we met up with the KPK's, The AshClan & Tink at Jamal's house this summer! It was a super sweet good time!

I also haven't cooked you all any food in a while...so here's some okra to snack on while you wait on me to update!
summer07531.jpg

I have no idea what orka taste like but it is a pretty shape. Like little flowers but the sides look like celery. :confused3

I will stick to this popcorn::

I have heard a lot about park openings and the benefits of getting there at least fifteen minutes before the hoopla. We have never ever made it to a park before 10:00, because we just aren’t ‘morning people’, but this year I convinced myself and my family that we needed to get up and get going early every morning. I would love to become a morning person, but after 36 years, it just aint happening. We had missed our night at the Magic Kingdom because of the rain, so we all agreed we wanted to get there early and ‘beat the crowds’. That was going to the be theme for the trip. The call to get our cans out of bed came at 7:45.

Usually, before we hit the parks, I like to take a shower and get all cutsied up. I decided I needed to give that up this year. I showered the night before so all I had to do was roll out of bed, throw in my contacts, put the hair in a pony-tail and apply a little make-up. I kept reminding myself of one of my dis friends phrases “Disney isn’t a hair show”. Oh, and I put on some clothes.

I am the dis-nerd that packs my kid’s clothing in zip-lock bags so I can throw it at them and let them dress themselves with ease. I tell ya, I think my lil Frick is color blind, or expressive, or maybe a clown in training. The outfits he puts together are worse than I can describe. He loves to put two different shades of red together, or to put as many colors on as he can. If we try to make him change, there is major drama. Just like today, he went to the country club to do a gingerbread house workshop with me. He walked in wearing navy ‘swishy’ pants (aka- sweat pants that swish when you walk) with a hole in the knee, a black fake Under Armor shirt, white socks and green crocs. It was painful for me, but sometimes you just don’t want to deal with the fight. Just like I didn’t want to deal with the fight at early thirty at Disney. That is why I sat in his bedroom floor for an hour planning out his outfits and placing them in a zip-lock bag before we left. It works wonders for us and my child actually matches. Bless him.

We did a great job of getting up and dressed. I stressed over the contents of the bag I was going to carry. This year I went with a little Vera Bradley bag. Can’t remember the style name, but I gave up the back pack this year. I brought the back pack, but struggled with the little bag vs. big bag decision. When I felt good about taking the little bag, we headed out and hit the Beach Club Market for some breakfast treats for the boys. Mr. Frick and I had a granola bar from home, but I wanted the boys to start the day off right with a Mickey Rice Krispie. We couldn't find the Mickey head, but we did find a flip flop and a beach ball. I thought this was a good payback for not letting lil Frick have a slushie the night before. (hey, just so y'all know, before the slushie he had already had a pack of Crabby Patty gummies, two cokes, ice-cream with lunch and an ice-cream sundae with dinner. The boy wasn't deprived of sugar. ;) )

As we left the Market, we started the ‘should we take the car or the bus’ debate. I was on the bus's side. Mr. Frick was on the car’s side.

I won.

Unfortunately.

I wanted to be like every other resort guest and ride the bus. Mostly because we don’t often do it and mainly because I didn’t want to get lost. Yes, we can’t navigate the Disney signs very well. Last year we got lost like seven times and even drove out of The World twice by mistake. I didn’t want Mr. Frick taking a tour of Disney again this morning, I wanted the straight shot to the MK gates and I knew we had a better chance with the bus. At 8:40, we joined the five hundred other people who wanted to make a park opening somewhere and waited. And waited. And waited. Mr. Frick started in with the “Why don’t I just go and get the car.” I came back with the “As soon as you get the car, the bus will pull up.”

We continued to wait and I got antsy. When the bus finally came, we did a great job of pushing people out of our way and getting ourselves on there. We ended up standing and we were a fly’s butt hair away from each other and nintey seven other tourists. We were smashed on that bus. Mr. Frick, who doesn’t like crowds, was mis-er-a-ble.

We got to the gates at 9:07. Mission unaccomplished. The wife made a bad call. We should have taken the car. Oopsies. Mr. Frick declared that he will never, ever ride the Disney bus again.

Ahhhh, getting to the park at 9:07 was very pleasant. I still don’t know what I’m missing at 9:00, but maybe I will find out some day. There was no one in the bag check lines and we made it into the park in record time. For us.

We went straight to our favorite ride, Buzz, and walked right on. We marveled over how getting up early was so worth it. We then took it over to Space Mountain. I don’t know why, but for some reason we thought Lil Frick might get a little ballsy and ride Space. We took him through the line with us and the whole time he was doing the “I’m not riding it” deal. We did the whole “Come on, just look at it and make up your mind when you get there” deal. It didn’t work. We got to the loading area and he was ready to bail. Fortunately, the cm’s were awesome about it and they let me sit with him at the unloading area to watch for Mr. Frick and Stitch, and when they returned I was able to walk a secret path back to the loading area to ride. While we waited for Mr. Frick and Stitch to return, we saw a little girl exit her space ship with a huge smile on her face. I said to Lil Frick “See! See how much fun she had on this ride! You should think about trying it.” The next space ship that pulled up didn’t help my cause. The little girl exiting from it was having a major crying fit and screaming at the top of her lungs. One step forward, ten steps back.

After Space, we headed over to the Tea Cups. Now we love the Tea Cups. Every time we have ever ridden this ride, Stitch and Lil Frick go by themselves and Mr. Frick and I get a romantic little Tea Cup to ourselves. We love our Tea Cup because Frick here knows how to keep it from being a puke inducer. We were all set in our own Tea Cups, enjoying the brief break from the kiddies, and we see a CM start talking to the boys. Next thing we know, they are climbing in our little cup of tea with us. I asked the CM why they had to move because I just knew they were doing something to break the Tea Cup law, like mooning each other or jumping up and down on the spinning handle. She informed me that they were too young to ride alone. Hmmm, I asked her why they had been able to ride in their own cup for the last two years? She had no idea, and she locked us up in that cup with two boys who like to spin. Oh my.

Thankfully, I didn’t see my granola bar again. Or Mr. Fricks. It was ugly and I looked like Brittney leaving a night club afterwards, but we made it.

We headed to Winnie next and hopped in the short line. I mean the Winnie line is never short for us and we always have to waste a Fastpass on it, but not this time. As we waited in our short line, we were amazed by this…

Disney209.jpg

The skywriter was hard at work. He wrote uplifting messages all day and we enjoyed them all day. It was a nice reminder to stop remember Him in all we do.

After a visit with Pooh and the gang, we headed to Splash and we all got in line. Again, Lil Frick pulled the “I’m not riding” gig and we did the old “just wait in line with us and then make up your mind’ comeback. Well, he bailed at the end and he and Mr. Frick, who has never ridden Splash because he really doesn’t want to get wet, went to watch us plummet down into super clean Disney water from the bridge.

We had a nice free lunch at Pecos Bills. We all like Pecos Bills because my boys love them some Taco Salad. I have no idea what I had, but it was good. BUT, the dessert selections at PB are just pitiful. Our youngest, Lil Frick, is highly allergic to peanuts so he would not be indulging in their PB pie. Neither would we. We decided it was a great time to head back to Main Street, grab an ice cream and then head back to the resort.

Mr. Frick and Lil Frick got an ice cream cone while Stitch and I went to the Bakery to get the famous ice cream sandwich. I was freaking over the size of the thing when we finally got it. Can I just say that it was one tasty little five pound morsel and everyone should indulge in one at least once!!

We got a little rejuvenated from the sugar and decided not to leave just yet. We headed for Tomorrowland to catch another ride on Buzz and tackle Stitch, The Laugh Floor and the TTA. On the TTA, which I still like to call the People Mover, we whipped out the camera to snap a few shots. I took a photo of Lil Stitch and Mr. Frick. Mr. Frick took a picture of me and Stitch. Stitch wanted his picture with his Daddy, so he hopped over into their seat.
Then, I decided I would hop over to the other side and get my picture with Mr. Frick. Stitch took it right as I was getting my hair out of my face.

Disney217.jpg

Little did I know that while we were having all this great photo fun, the TTA police were watching us. Instead of hearing our favorite lines of “Mr. Morrow. Paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring”, we hear “Please remain seated at all times blah blah blah blah blah”. The warning went on and on and my cheeks got redder and redder. I was so nervous that I was going to get a good talking to when we exited the ride. I heard a ‘way to go Mom’ from the crew and I couldn’t even enjoy the rest of our lil trip on the People Mover for fear that they were never going to let me on it again.

Thankfully, the exit boy CM had no clue we were being bad, and he smiled at us and helped us out of our Mover. Phew.

As always, my boys walked up the down moving sidewalk for as long as they could. I think that is one of their favorite things about Disney and it drives us absolutely nuts. When we all finally made it to the bottom, Stitch, not my Stitch but the real one, appeared and we hopped in line to get an autograph and a picture, where Stitch tried to get my boys to simulate surfing.

Disney221.jpg

My boys were a little embarrassed about trying to look like they were surfing on ashpalt.

We were beat and ready to head back to the resort for some down time by the pool. We got to the exit and began the the discussion about how to get back to the resort since Mr. Frick was never going to ride the Disney busses again.

Looks like you guys had a great day. We are hoping for a little more pool time at the resort this stay. Hope the rest of your day was as great as the start.
All the best:goodvibes

P.S. Ummmm..I don't think I like okra

Ahhhh, the Disney buses. We feel the same way and try to drive whenever possible for the same reason!

Sounds like you really enjoyed your early entry into MK -- we love that time of day.

I'm really enjoying your TR! THanks for posting!!!

Frickles, you know what is funny? Just a a couple of weeks ago, my work team went on a team outing to MK and Epcot, and decided to do the "guest experience" and took the bus over from Boardwalk. A couple of stops at the Swan and Dolpin, and 30 mins later we were there (although a bit crowded).

I am not sure that driving would be any faster, with having to takes trams and monorails, but whatever makes you happy.

Great installment.

I have heard a lot about park openings and the benefits of getting there at least fifteen minutes before the hoopla. We have never ever made it to a park before 10:00, because we just aren’t ‘morning people’, but this year I convinced myself and my family that we needed to get up and get going early every morning.

:thumbsup2 She's learnin'!!! Glad the Fricks have seen the light. The "early morning light", as it were. If someone will take just one piece of advice, it's always the one I pass along!

Oh, and I put on some clothes.

So....that WASN'T you on the floor in the Contemporary gift shop?! Well, thank goodness for that!!;)

I tell ya, I think my lil Frick is color blind, or expressive, or maybe a clown in training.

I think they call that a man in training.

While we waited for Mr. Frick and Stitch to return, we saw a little girl exit her space ship with a huge smile on her face. I said to Lil Frick “See! See how much fun she had on this ride! You should think about trying it.” The next space ship that pulled up didn’t help my cause. The little girl exiting from it was having a major crying fit and screaming at the top of her lungs. One step forward, ten steps back.

:rotfl:

Thankfully, I didn’t see my granola bar again. Or Mr. Fricks. It was ugly and I looked like Brittney leaving a night club afterwards, but we made it.

DED

Mr. Frick and Lil Frick got an ice cream cone while Stitch and I went to the Bakery to get the famous ice cream sandwich. I was freaking over the size of the thing when we finally got it. Can I just say that it was one tasty little five pound morsel and everyone should indulge in one at least once!!

:woohoo: Love me an ice cream sammie, as our friend Sheridac would say!! (we need a clapping smilie, here, BTW)

Little did I know that while we were having all this great photo fun, the TTA police were watching us. Instead of hearing our favorite lines of “Mr. Morrow. Paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring”, we hear “Please remain seated at all times blah blah blah blah blah”. The warning went on and on and my cheeks got redder and redder. I was so nervous that I was going to get a good talking to when we exited the ride. I heard a ‘way to go Mom’ from the crew and I couldn’t even enjoy the rest of our lil trip on the People Mover for fear that they were never going to let me on it again.

Those Disney spies.....They are EVERYWHERE!!! (Make sure to always fasten your seatbelt!!)

As always, my boys walked up the down moving sidewalk for as long as they could. I think that is one of their favorite things about Disney and it drives us absolutely nuts.

My teenagers STILL do it. Don't be thinking it goes away when they "grow up". :rolleyes:

Great chapter, sweet Frick! Can't wait to hear about your afternoon poolside!!

We got to the gates at 9:07. Mission unaccomplished. The wife made a bad call. We should have taken the car. Oopsies. Mr. Frick declared that he will never, ever ride the Disney bus again.

My DH also refuses to ever ride the Disney bus again. Last year we rode the bus to Downtown Disney and it took for-ev-errrrr! Now if we can't get somewhere via the monorail we take a taxi - it is so worth the money!

(Thanks for taking the time to write another trip report. It's great!)

Wonderfully installment(s)......haven't been around here lately.....but I've been pulling for your dawgs!!!....not when they played BAMA of course!! I really wanted Tenn to lose the other night!!

oh yeah.....love the okra :)

I like Mr. Frick's hat.

I used to have one like it.

Until I peed on it. Set it on fire. Peed on it again. Then ran over it with my car 12 times.

I even went on a hunger strike. I'm not eating again until Bama rights the ship. Or lunch time comes.

I'm a man of principle. But I have limits.

Great update, by the way.

:moped:

Last edited by AshClan : Yesterday at 05:06 PM. Reason: IMO, by the time you drove, parked at the TTC, and took a boat or monorail, you wouldn't have gotten there much earlier....

She's right, but then great minds think alike. I'd hate to sidetrack and start an argument here in the middle of your trip report, so move along.

I just know Mr. Frick will relax and love Disney even more before this adventure ends.

Or will he? Maybe a trip with Shrek is in order? Lesser anti-Disney dads have been felled by his hijinks in the park.

I'm counting on your magic and those cool surfers to bring him from the dark side. He looks so Disney, even in that silly hat. NO Mr. Silly.

Ash.. I have been to ONE park opening in all the times I have been.
ONE.

In september I was lucky I made it to the MK when I was supposed to.

Yes ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear your seatbelt.
And keep your gum in your mouth.

Frick, we always ride the bus. I suppose if we ever actually had a car at Disney, we would drive. If you get there for park opening, no tram because you're parked right up front, right? At least that's what I hear.

Great chapter!

FRICK!!!!

OMG! I just found this.

And enjoyed a delicious cyber lunch!

Many pork products, and Orka :love:

Very enjoyable lunch time read dear Frick!

Keep it comin'

:banana:

DC146.jpg

Just look at that enthusiasm. They must be singing about potato salad, Top Gun, and favorable rulings.

Now, when we watch Illuminations, we have to have some funnel cake, thanks to LaLa.

You're welcome, my girl. I think. It just ain't Illuminations without a half pound of sugar sitting on a paper plate in front of you, is it?

We ended up standing and we were a fly’s butt hair away from each other and nintey seven other tourists. We were smashed on that bus. Mr. Frick, who doesn’t like crowds, was mis-er-a-ble.

Well, at least you were a fly's butt hair away from each other instead of a fly's butt hair away from a total stranger sportin' a nosehair longer than Britney's list of lovers. Not that that's ever happened to us. Or has it?

Like Ash, I'm DED over this. But that's why I don't ride the Tea Cups. I learned my lesson with the spinning cup rides in the tenth grade at Opryland. That's right. I've got more puke stories than you could possibly imagine.

I can't believe you got busted getting out of your seat on the TTA. And were called out on it. That's so something that would happen to me. And I'm weighing in on the slushie thing. I know it was hard to tell him no, but good for you for standing your ground. That picture of him is priceless though. You've got a couple of cuties on your hands, chick.

I'm LOVING your TR, Frick my girl. Keep it comin!

:moped:

That's right. I've got more puke stories than you could possibly imagine.

Oh, we can imagine. I think you've shared every single one of them with us already. 362 and counting.

Ummmm, Chappie, I'm offended. You come to my trip report to harass LaLa and don't even say hello to the grand hostess of this ball? That is it buddy, you are getting a ham in your pm box. A ham with extra water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter