The Fratt house Takes on the World! - Sept 2012 PTR

Your son is so cute!! Thanks - he's pretty awesome:goodvibes

I do the same thing with the schedule. I have a spreadsheet with each item listed in the order I would probably do it, and I estimate about how long it will take so that I can make xxx show at xxx time. I dont' really stick to it, it just lets me know if I think I'll have enough time to do the things I really want to do, or if I need to skip some stuff. I totally agree! It's challenging - I want to plan everything out so we absolutely maximize the time we have and do what's most important, but don't want to get too attached to them so I don't get frustrated if it doesn't work out....Just got to remember the bigger picture and enjoy the magic, I guess!

As for the Dole whip, I have tried them twice and I just can't say I love them. I love pineapple, so I should love them, but I don't:confused3. I get the rootbeer with vanilla ice cream and DH gets the dole whip float. I'll probably get banned from the Disboards for saying this. LOL! We'll see how I like it:) It's worth a try, anyways!
:goodvibes

My first bite of Dole Whip, it just tasted bizarre, like this weird conglomeration of chemicals that didn't relate to anything I'd ever had before. It was like my brain was trying to puzzle out what the heck it was supposed to be. But it was cool and sweet and liquid, plus I'd paid for it, so I kept spooning it up, then after a couple of bites it suddenly tasted like pineapple and has tasted like pineapple to me since then, without that "what the heck?" tasting-brain bewilderment on the first bite. :p

To be honest, although I like Dole Whip alright, I prefer a "tastes like" recipe I picked up somewhere, which is essentially frozen crushed pineapple and whipping cream. :faint: One of those rare cases where the clone version is less healthy than the Disney original! ;) However, the Disney original is smoother.

Hmmmm....that's the second mediocre review I've gotten. Maybe I need to lower my expectations! Any other snack items at MK you would recommend?

Aw, I think you should give Dole Whip a try. It's not the best thing out there, but OTOH it's a classic Disney snack and kinda different theme park food. I'm getting one next time (although I'll probably foist some of it off on hubby or one of the kids). :)

Any other snack items at MK you would recommend?

I've heard good things about the Main Street Bakery. :scratchin We've only been to WDW twice, and both times stopped off at the Contempo Cafe for a cupcake. I looove their Florida Strawberry cupcakes, and the dos Leche are pretty good, too.

Oh! :idea: Classic amusement park food, but when we got ours I thought it a notch above -- funnel cake with strawberries at Sleepy Hollow. I don't usually like the strawberries in red goo you get most places, but either the red goo there isn't bad, or they buried it in so much whipping cream I didn't notice. :p

And there are cream-cheese-stuffed pretzels in Fantasyland I meant to try, which I see I forgot to list in my trip planning food posts. Wonder what else I'm forgetting. :rolleyes:

Aw, I think you should give Dole Whip a try. It's not the best thing out there, but OTOH it's a classic Disney snack and kinda different theme park food. I'm getting one next time (although I'll probably foist some of it off on hubby or one of the kids). :)

I've heard good things about the Main Street Bakery. :scratchin We've only been to WDW twice, and both times stopped off at the Contempo Cafe for a cupcake. I looove their Florida Strawberry cupcakes, and the dos Leche are pretty good, too.

Oh! :idea: Classic amusement park food, but when we got ours I thought it a notch above -- funnel cake with strawberries at Sleepy Hollow. I don't usually like the strawberries in red goo you get most places, but either the red goo there isn't bad, or they buried it in so much whipping cream I didn't notice. :p

And there are cream-cheese-stuffed pretzels in Fantasyland I meant to try, which I see I forgot to list in my trip planning food posts. Wonder what else I'm forgetting. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the suggestions - looks like there's no shortage of junk food options at MK!! I think you're right - I should probably just give Dole Whip a chance. It has reached almost "iconic" status as a snack option, so I guess it's worth giving it a try:) But I'll keep your list on hand in case it disappoints!

But I'll keep your list on hand in case it disappoints!

I actually did a search for my "snack" file that I haven't bothered to look at in forever and should have checked before planning the food for our next trip. :rolleyes1 The pretzels are (or at least were) available at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland -- the place where they were available in Fantasyland is gone but I don't know if they're sold somewhere else or not.

The Main Street snack I couldn't remember is the ice cream sandwiches they make with two of their cookies, which is supposedly huge and yummy. Speaking of which, you've tried a Mickey Bar, right? It's essentially a Dove Bar with ears, but I like Dove Bars and ears are cool so it's all good. ;)

I haven't had them at WDW, but the recipe for the sugared almonds you can get in the carts looks great (also easy). :stir: I've been planning to make it all week, but I'm heading off to South Carolina tomorrow and I think I'll make it out there. I can't cook right before we're going somewhere; I burn stuff and whatnot. :hyper:

And I forgot to specify, in case you don't know -- the Contempo Cafe is in the Contemporary resort; great if you hit the monorail in the afternoon for an air conditioned break but not so good if you plan on staying in the park all day. :)

Oh, wow...I've gotten way behind. I had a lot of catching up to do.

The most exciting thing....the POLY!!!! :woohoo: I'm a little partial to the Poly-It's definitely my favorite!

Your ADRs look great. All I can think, is that you must be living right, 'cause the ADR gods were smiling down on you to land Le Cellier and 'Ohana weeks before your trip. Kona is my family's favorite. :) Sci-Fi is fun...just average food, but you don't go for the food, you go for the atmosphere. Stick to burgers, fries, and chocolate shakes, and you'll be fine!

Finally, you must see "Wishes" during this trip! Though I prefer to be in MK to watch it, with your little one, you might want to sit out on the Poly beach and watch from there.

I actually did a search for my "snack" file that I haven't bothered to look at in forever and should have checked before planning the food for our next trip. :rolleyes1 The pretzels are (or at least were) available at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland -- the place where they were available in Fantasyland is gone but I don't know if they're sold somewhere else or not. Wow - you have a snack file?? I'm so impressed - I clearly have so much to learn when it comes to Disney planning!:worship:

The Main Street snack I couldn't remember is the ice cream sandwiches they make with two of their cookies, which is supposedly huge and yummy. Speaking of which, you've tried a Mickey Bar, right? It's essentially a Dove Bar with ears, but I like Dove Bars and ears are cool so it's all good. ;) I actually haven't had a Mickey Bar:sad: I was really serious when I said my DH was a health nut and I was going to have to take advantage of the opportunity to sneak some of the fabulous snacks while he's away on work stuff:cool1:

I haven't had them at WDW, but the recipe for the sugared almonds you can get in the carts looks great (also easy). :stir: I've been planning to make it all week, but I'm heading off to South Carolina tomorrow and I think I'll make it out there. I can't cook right before we're going somewhere; I burn stuff and whatnot. :hyper: LOL! I burn stuff (or make a plethora of other disastrous mistakes) every time I cook. I wish I could blame it on getting ready for a trip!

And I forgot to specify, in case you don't know -- the Contempo Cafe is in the Contemporary resort; great if you hit the monorail in the afternoon for an air conditioned break but not so good if you plan on staying in the park all day. :) We actually ate here quite a bit when we stayed at the Contemporary two years ago. We really liked it - and we''re definitely planning on taking a break from the parks at least once a day. I don't think DS is up for commando touring quite yet!

Oh, wow...I've gotten way behind. I had a lot of catching up to do. Yes - sorry! I've tried to keep this PTR moving right along since there's so little time until we leave for our trip!!! Thanks for sticking with me!

The most exciting thing....the POLY!!!! :woohoo: I'm a little partial to the Poly-It's definitely my favorite! The DIS definitely swayed me in my decision to stay here - I've heard so many people say that they love this resort, so I can't wait to stay herel! I'm a little afraid it's going to be really hard to leave!!

Your ADRs look great. All I can think, is you must be living right, 'cause the ADR gods were smiling down on you to land Le Cellier and 'Ohana weeks before your trip. Kona is my family's favorite. :) Sci-Fi is fun...just average food, but you don't go for the food, you go for the atmosphere. Stick to burgers, fries, and chocolate shakes, and you'll be fine! I really can't believe it, either! Up until now, our TS experience has pretty much consisted of just showing up at the closest place and seeing if they had availability. we've had good experiences, but it's so much more fun to plan ahead of time and really take advantage of the opportunity to go to the places that we most want to try!

Finally, you must see "Wishes" during this trip! Though I prefer to be in MK to watch it, with your little one, you might want to sit out on the Poly beach and watch from there. I am going to make this happen - even if I have to watch it alone!! My plan is to try and see this the first night we are there in MK, but if that doesn't work out, we've got another night set aside that we can watch it from the Poly if DS doesn't do well up close. We took him to fireworks on the 4th of July and he liked them, but at this age what he loves one minute can totally change in no time at all, so there's really no predicting. My goal is just to have a backup plan for anything that's important. And seeing Wishes is definitely important on this trip!!

Thursday, September 6:

bb0097ac.jpg

Hollywood Studios day! If you’ve been reading along, you heard me mention earlier that this is my least favorite of all the parks. Now I know there are a lot of people out there who like this park the most, so no offense to them. In fact, I think that’s one of the best things about Disney – everyone has completely different things that they love and dislike. So to each their own. But let me give you a little backstory on my relationship to this park.

The first time we went to Disney World, we were only able to stay for two days. We flew in on a Thursday night and flew out at 8 am on Sunday morning. We managed to watch Fantasmic on Thursday night (which we actually really enjoyed), but that was literally all we had time for that evening. Immediately after checking in to our hotel, we grabbed the bus to HS, entered the park, speed-walked straight to Fantasmic (barely making it in time), watched the show, and left. We weren’t too concerned because we knew we’d be there the next two evenings – my husband was there with work for Night Of Joy (which was held at HS that year), so he needed to be at the event at least part of the time each night. So I scheduled us to see the other three parks during the day on Friday and Saturday and assumed we’d experience HS during the NOJ event. BIG MISTAKE. Now let me first say that I think Night of Joy is a cool event (please see previous entry “NOJ – you’re questions answered” for my full analysis), but it is definitely NOT the time to experience a park for the first time. It’s extremely crowded, overrun by teenagers – some respectful and cool, but some not-so-respectful or cool, and very few rides, attractions, restaurants, or shops are open. It is not the same at all as going to the park during the day. So I really didn’t have a very good time at this park. Actually, I had a really miserable time and ended up leaving pretty quickly both nights. It was frustrating.

On our second trip to Disney, I scheduled us to go to this park first – kind of to get it out of the way. We arrived at about one in the afternoon, after our early morning flight, and stayed until closing. We actually had a pretty decent time – we rode most of the main attractions, watched several shows, and ate a pretty decent dinner at Mama Melrose. Overall, it was a good day. But it’s still not my favorite. I can’t quite put my finger on why – it’s got good rides, decent shows, a pretty cool parade. The food isn’t the best, although Mama Melrose was fine. I can only attribute it to some scars that remain from my first trip. I’m determined to put that behind me for this trip and really enjoy what this park has to offer. I’m hopeful DH can be with us for most of this day, too, as there are a lot of attractions that will require rider swap!

So here’s the low down:

We’ll probably grab breakfast from Captain Cook’s then attempt to make rope drop. Might not be too hard since DS wakes up at the crack of dawn. He’s better than any alarm clock, I tell you. If we don’t make Rope Drop, no big deal. At this time of year, we’ll still be able to get fastpasses for TSMM. That’ll be first priority. If the line’s not too long, we’ll do standby as well.

We’ll do counter service for lunch, and spend the day doing the following:

c542d6d5.jpg

Star Tours

b4fc4398.jpg

Tower of Terror

b0c49228.jpg

Rock-n-Roller Coaster

3bfc6878.jpg

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

49820e2f.jpg

Beauty & The Beast

c9b5514f.jpg

The Great Movie Ride

dc16e788.jpg

The Muppets

49818c07.jpg

Light, Motor, Action Extreme Stunt Show

b2ad7758.jpg

Afternoon Parade

After that or when DS gets tired – whichever comes first - we’ll go back to the hotel to nap, relax, and swim.

We have dinner reservations at Rose & Crown in Epcot at 7. I’d like to go a little early to stop by Karamel Kuche and pick up a chocolate caramel to eat later during Illuminations. Depending on how long dinner takes, we may try to hang out at R&C until Illuminations to take advantage of their viewing area, or if we’re done by 8-ish, we’ll just leave, go ride something or other, and then find our own spot to view the show. Illuminations is at 9, then we’ll head back to the resort and sleep. Should be a good day.

What I’m looking forward to most:

b6395e72.jpg

1 – Giving HS another chance. We haven’t had much luck so far, but I’m hoping that with an open mind and a little better planning, I can appreciate it more. Specifically, I’m looking forward to riding toy story mania and watching the parade.

e3a663e1.jpg

2 – Checking out the pool at the Poly. Depending on how early we leave HS, this may or may not happen on this day, but it’s definitely on my list of things to do this trip, so we’ll talk about it here. Both of our other trips were so rushed we’ve never spent much time at the pool. Since this trip’s going to be a little longer – and a little more relaxed – I’m hoping to spend some quality time relaxing here. And of course, working on my trip report:)

490fecc9.jpg

3 – Illuminations – my experience with illuminations is pretty similar to my experience with HS – I’m really not crazy about it. But I think it’s because the only time I’ve seen it, it was pouring rain outside. It started raining just before showtime and we were concerned they would cancel the show all together. They ended up putting on the show, but the rain got worse and worse. We ended up watching it, crammed under a tent with a whole bunch of other guests. It was uncomfortable, wet, and the view was awful. So I’m going to assume that the show really is a lot better than I remember it!

3988e870.jpg

4 – Karamel Kuche – I’ve never been here, and I’ve been craving a chocolate caramel ever since I read about them on the restaurant board. Sounds so good!

39366696.jpg

5 – Rose and Crown – we’ve really had pretty good experiences at all of the table service restaurants we’ve gone to so far (I would probably be terrible at dining reviews. They would all sound exactly the same: “ Had this, it was good, service was good, environment was fun. Overall experience was good.” I guess I should probably just stick to Trip Reports for now!). I’m hoping this meal will be extra special – I’m envisioning my DH and I spending the meal reminiscing about our trip to London three years ago and reliving some of those memories. Good food? Check. Good conversation? Check. Good environment? Check. Looks like we’ve got all the elements for making a pretty good evening.

What about you? What’s your favorite thing to do at HS? Anything I’m missing?

Wow - you have a snack file?? I'm so impressed

I have files on everything, up to and including bathrooms. :upsidedow Don't be impressed though -- I never check them when they're pertinent. :rolleyes: Although I have noticed that writing the schedule and then not checking it while you're actually there can help keep the scheduling brain in line. :thumbsup2

I have files on everything, up to and including bathrooms. :upsidedow Don't be impressed though -- I never check them when they're pertinent. :rolleyes: LOL - I guess the planning process is half the fun!

Although I have noticed that writing the schedule and then not checking it while you're actually there can help keep the scheduling brain in line. :thumbsup2 Too true!! I should probably put my little trip folder somewhere not easily accessible on our vacation. That way I only check it when it's absolutely necessary:goodvibes

So today is the day we visit my very favoritist of Disney Parks. I adore this park, and can never seem to get enough time here – something I am hoping to remedy on this trip.

Any guesses on which park I’m talking about?

If you guessed Epcot – you’d be WRONG!

You’d also be wrong if you guessed Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

3ec1ce5d.jpg

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom. Now I know I am the only DISer who feels this way. Almost all of the trip reports I read involve people spending a half day here to ride Everest and the Safari, and possibly see the Lion King. Then they hop to another park, go to Downtown Disney, or spend the afternoon at their resort pool and have dinner at a signature restaurant. And that’s totally ok. I think that’s one of the best things about Disneyworld – everyone has completely different things that they enjoy and places they want to spend their time. Mine just happens to be Animal Kingdom, and I have yet to leave this park without feeling like I would like to spend at least a couple more hours here. Let me give you the story of my relationship with this park.

On our first trip to Disneyworld, this was the first park we went to (ok – we did pop in to HS the night before to watch fantasmic, but that doesn’t really count because we didn’t do anything else). I have no idea why I planned this park first – maybe I was going in alphabetical order or something. Anyways, there’s just something about the first time you step into a Disney park. It’s a completely magical experience. I think that may be why AK holds such a special place in my heart. It was a beautiful day – sunny, but not too hot. The park was completely un-crowded – we pretty much walked on to every ride. And we just soaked in the beauty and incredible theming of Asia and Africa. We were having a fabulous time until just after lunch, when we decided to ride Kali River Rapids. We got soaked. I’m not talking about oh-go-stand-under-a-blow-dryer-in-the-bathroom-and-you’ll-be-alright wet. I’m talking about completely drenched through all our clothes. We were both in jeans, and it was just miserable. So we begrudgingly decided to go back to our hotel, change clothes, then head to the next park. We fit in a lot during that morning trip, but there was still a lot that I wanted to see and I was disappointed we had to leave.

The next year, we headed to AK on the second day of our trip and were again having a great time – we got to watch FOTLK for the first time, and it immediately became my favorite show in all of WDW. We went on a fantastic safari, and saw the sweetest little six month old gorilla on one of the trails. We were enjoying a delicious lunch at yak & yeti and planning the rest of our day (including riding Everest) when DH got a call from his coworker. She had made it to the semi-finals of American idol and wanted us to come watch her perform. We had just spent the entire day before at HS and only had three days on this trip, so I was really disappointed to be heading back, but what are you going to do? So again, I left AK begrudgingly and haven’t been back since.

So this year, we are going to stay as long as we want – or until the park closes at 5. Here’s the low down:

58b9271a.jpg

We’ll get there whenever we get up and around this morning. DH will probably grab breakfast at Capt Cook’s. I’ll hold off until mid-morning and grab me one of those infamous jalapeno and cream cheese stuffed pretzels. It will go perfect with my morning Dr. Pepper. MMMMMM. Breakfast of Champions:)
We’ll spend the day riding the following:

40d06851.jpg

Expedition Everest

a7581af3.jpg

Kilimanjaro Safaris

7e589e4e.jpg

Dinosaur

14523cb7.jpg

It’s Tough to be a Bug

a3a401ba.jpg

Festival of the Lion King

4aed2dd2.jpg

Finding Nemo

And walk through whatever trails we have time to see. If we’re lucky, DS might even take a nap in the stroller while we walk around the park.

5dd24ba3.jpg

We’ll do counter service for lunch – probably Flame Tree Bar-B-Que. We ate here on our first trip after rave reviews from a coworker. To be honest, I was a little disappointed, but maybe it’s because she talked it up so much. The other option is Pizzafari, but I’ve heard worse things about WDW’s pizza. Plus, DH isn’t really a pizza fan. So I think we’ll give FTB another chance. We need a light lunch, because we’ve got a big dinner ahead of us tonight:yay:

I’d like to see the jungle parade, since it’s the only afternoon parade I haven’t seen. I don’t know if DS will make it that long without a nap, but we’ll try. Then we’ll head back to the hotel for rest and pool time, and get ready for dinner. We won’t have to travel far because tonight’s dinner is at:

8d48eff3.jpg

OHANA!!

Now some of you read my earlier entries and know how excited I am that we were able to get an ADR here this late in the game. I’ve read so many positive things about this restaurant and I just can’t wait to try it. I’m actually considering just eating a couple of light snacks throughout the day so I am really hungry by the time dinner rolls around.

After that, DH will have to go to NOJ, and DS and I have a few options. If he’s napped well throughout the day, we may go to NOJ as well (we did get some lanyards that give us preferred seating in front of the castle, so it might be worth checking out). Or we may just go to the beach and watch the electrical water pageant (or whatever it’s called) and maybe whatever movie they’re showing. Or hang by the pool, depending on how much pool time we’ve had up to this point. Or if he’s really wide awake, we could head over to Epcot for EMH. Depending when DH comes back from NOJ, I’m thinking I might head over to Epcot by myself for a late night. That way I could ride a few things that have height requirements. But that’s only if he makes it back by 10 or 10:30. We could also head to DTD. We wouldn’t have a lot of time, but im not sure exactly when else we’ll be able to fit this in. Or I may just call it a night and DS and I can both catch up on some sleep so we’re good and rested for the next two days. I’m not going to feel bad if we end up going with this option!

What I’m looking forward to most:

1-Spending the day at Animal Kingdom!! I love everything about this park and can’t wait to have an entire, uninterrupted day here.

2-FOTLK and Nemo – I love both of these shows so much! I get a little choked up every time I watch them!

3 – Ohana!! Enough said.

4 – A free evening. We’re going to be cramming a lot into these first few days. I’m looking forward to a little time with no agenda.

So that’s day three. I think today marks the single digit countdown! I can’t believe it is so close, but I really think that it’s shaping up to be a good trip – even though it’s had to come together in only three weeks. I just can’t wait!

Great AK day!
Don't forget Triceratops Twirl for DS at AK. He will probably like the Bone-Yard too-my little guy loved running around crazy inside there!

I have to say that I agree with you on AK!! We love it also. It ties for our favorite park with Epcot.

I want DH to try that pretzel! Me? I'm not one for spicy stuff, but I think DH would love it!

We love Flame Tree. It's one of our favorite places to eat at AK. DH and DS also like Pizzafari. Me? I can take it or leave it.

EE is awesome!! LOL! Funny story. When it was first opening we got to ride it ahead of time. Well, since it was still in the testing stages they were still working out the bugs. Well, the ride stopped about fifty feet before the end of the ride. We had to get out and walk the rest of the way. DS still talks about it now!! LOL!!

I'm really looking forward to trying 'Ohana!!

I have to say I agree with you about DHS, I think what bothers me a bit about it is the layout. My DH and I really struggled with the best way to view the park. Our favorite is MK, and it's just so easy to navigate due to the circular design. I just get so turned around at DHS that I feel like I'm running all over the park trying not to miss anything that I end up missing a lot! :)

My Honeymoon last year was the first time I had been to AK, and we enjoyed EE and the safari ride but I felt like I was running into the same issue with DHS. I just couldn't figure out a good flow to be able to see everything.

So, I'm determined to study up on the maps before we head out this time and develop a good plan of attack. I know I definitely want to get a chance to go on Toy Story (we've never made it because we always end of over there when stand by is so long and FP is gone). So, the plan this year is to let DH and DSD look around at the shops at front of the park, while DS and I go over to Toy Story and get a FP.

I can't wait to hear how your little one reacts to the Parks...that is one thing I'm looking forward to with my DSD6 and my DS. :)

I have to say that I agree with you on AK!! We love it also. It ties for our favorite park with Epcot. Yay! Another AK lover:)

I want DH to try that pretzel! Me? I'm not one for spicy stuff, but I think DH would love it!

We love Flame Tree. It's one of our favorite places to eat at AK. DH and DS also like Pizzafari. Me? I can take it or leave it. I've decided to give this a second chance. I've heard so many good things, I'm betting I just went on an off day.

EE is awesome!! LOL! Funny story. When it was first opening we got to ride it ahead of time. Well, since it was still in the testing stages they were still working out the bugs. Well, the ride stopped about fifty feet before the end of the ride. We had to get out and walk the rest of the way. DS still talks about it now!! LOL!! That's awesome! We had a similar experience the first time we rode Tower of Terror! After the crazy drop sequence, our elevator went down into a basement storage area room. At first we weren't sure if it was part of the ride, because the room was a little dark and creepy. But then we just sat there. And sat there. And sat there. Finally, a voice came over the PA and said that they could see us and someone would be down in a few minutes to assist. They finally came and let us out and offered to let us ride again - ummmmm, no thank you!

I'm really looking forward to trying 'Ohana!!

:)

I have to say I agree with you about DHS, I think what bothers me a bit about it is the layout. My DH and I really struggled with the best way to view the park. Our favorite is MK, and it's just so easy to navigate due to the circular design. I just get so turned around at DHS that I feel like I'm running all over the park trying not to miss anything that I end up missing a lot! :) It is a really awkward layout - I feel like I'm constantly getting lost. But unlike in AK, there isn't gorgeous scenery everywhere I look to keep me from getting irritated!

My Honeymoon last year was the first time I had been to AK, and we enjoyed EE and the safari ride but I felt like I was running into the same issue with DHS. I just couldn't figure out a good flow to be able to see everything.

So, I'm determined to study up on the maps before we head out this time and develop a good plan of attack. I know I definitely want to get a chance to go on Toy Story (we've never made it because we always end of over there when stand by is so long and FP is gone). So, the plan this year is to let DH and DSD look around at the shops at front of the park, while DS and I go over to Toy Story and get a FP. Yes - definitely go on Toy Story! We've only been once because we didn't want to wait in the line, but we really liked it. Although I hate talking anything up too much because I feel like no matter how great it is, it won't live up to expectations. There's so much hype around this ride! But it is a fun experience and something you should definitely try!

I can't wait to hear how your little one reacts to the Parks...that is one thing I'm looking forward to with my DSD6 and my DS. :) I know! It's got to be even more fun with a six-year-old who can really understand and process everything! So magical:)

I actually did a search for my "snack" file that I haven't bothered to look at in forever and should have checked before planning the food for our next trip. :rolleyes1 The pretzels are (or at least were) available at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland -- the place where they were available in Fantasyland is gone but I don't know if they're sold somewhere else or not.

The Main Street snack I couldn't remember is the ice cream sandwiches they make with two of their cookies, which is supposedly huge and yummy. Speaking of which, you've tried a Mickey Bar, right? It's essentially a Dove Bar with ears, but I like Dove Bars and ears are cool so it's all good. ;)

I haven't had them at WDW, but the recipe for the sugared almonds you can get in the carts looks great (also easy). :stir: I've been planning to make it all week, but I'm heading off to South Carolina tomorrow and I think I'll make it out there. I can't cook right before we're going somewhere; I burn stuff and whatnot. :hyper:

And I forgot to specify, in case you don't know -- the Contempo Cafe is in the Contemporary resort; great if you hit the monorail in the afternoon for an air conditioned break but not so good if you plan on staying in the park all day. :)

I thought I was the only nut with a snack file...looks like someone else is as crazy as I am!:lmao:

I can't believe your trip is so soon, I'm jealous! I'm down to two weeks and 5 days, pretty soon I'll be counting the seconds. I'm assuming you're going to do a full blow trip report when you return??

Thursday, September 6:

bb0097ac.jpg

We have dinner reservations at Rose & Crown in Epcot at 7. I’d like to go a little early to stop by Karamel Kuche and pick up a chocolate caramel to eat later during Illuminations. Depending on how long dinner takes, we may try to hang out at R&C until Illuminations to take advantage of their viewing area, or if we’re done by 8-ish, we’ll just leave, go ride something or other, and then find our own spot to view the show. Illuminations is at 9, then we’ll head back to the resort and sleep. Should be a good day.

Karamel Kuche has the BEST snacks!! My absolute favorite WDW snack is a chocolate covered caramel with sea salt. I don't know if you're into the salt/chocolate trend that's going on now but it is SO.GOOD. Seriously, try one.

58b9271a.jpg

We’ll get there whenever we get up and around this morning. DH will probably grab breakfast at Capt Cook’s. I’ll hold off until mid-morning and grab me one of those infamous jalapeno and cream cheese stuffed pretzels. It will go perfect with my morning Dr. Pepper. MMMMMM. Breakfast of Champions:)

8d48eff3.jpg

OHANA!!

I've never had the pretzel but it's on my list of "must try snacks" this time around...have you had one before? Are they spicy?

Definitely go to Ohana hungry! That was one of my favorite meals last time...the food is so yummy and there is soooo much of it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter