The FORTUNE COOKIE SURPRISE TRIP To Disney-THE SURPRISE!

Grand fan said:
Please remember to let us all know how it goes and any advice you have for a large group. I'm taking my children, spouses and grand-children to WDW on 4/25/07 and my niece and several other family members are tagging along. Can't wait!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :dance3:

How exciting for you, too! :goodvibes Isn't it exciting to be taking the kids, their spouses and the grandkids to Disney?! :goodvibes Have a wonderful adventure, Grand fan!

We have only 3 days to go now until jac & co. hit the friendly skies Sunday morning on our way to The Fortune Cookie Surprise Trip to Disney! I just can not believe it is almost here!
I want to thank everyone for their support, interest & wishes for a magical adventure. All of your thoughts have meant the world to each and everyone of us-and your responses will all be part of our family scrapbook of our Disney adventure.
I do hope to build a website to include trip reports, dining reviews and pics when we return. I will do my best to do so yet I must admit the whole idea is quite intimidating!

Again, thank you...thank you...thank you all!

Drew, Mikayla, Cj, Alex, Liz, Jenn, Manny, Amy & Craig

I just found this trip report! Rock on Rhode Islanders! I went to PC, and LOVE LOVE LOVE and MISS the state...now I am jealous that you all are going to the DIS (well, it appears that you are back).. I can't wait for the trip report to BEGIN! :0)

Beautiful idea!

Beana9802 said:
I just found this trip report! Rock on Rhode Islanders! I went to PC, and LOVE LOVE LOVE and MISS the state...now I am jealous that you all are going to the DIS (well, it appears that you are back).. I can't wait for the trip report to BEGIN! :0)

Beautiful idea!

Thanks, Beana! :thumbsup2

I'm a newbie here and just read your story --- IT WAS GREAT. Hope you all had a good time. Family vacations are the best. I just love going with my son and his family especially to WDW with the little ones (ages 1 and 4). It's some of the best times we have together and great memories. Hope they never end.:banana:

Was a trip report done on the trip? I can't find it.......Help - I would love to see it if there is one.:rolleyes1

Was a trip report done on the trip? I can't find it.......Help - I would love to see it if there is one.:rolleyes1

I had all good intentions of writing a trip report when we returned! Yet all I got done was a few restaurant reviews. :rolleyes1 Thanks for reading our "story!" :upsidedow

-Amy in RI :wave2:

Well Amy in RI I think it is time to get it done. Just because its almost a year later people obviously still want a good read:rolleyes1

Alex

Lynninpa, I love the fortune cookie idea. Can I borrow a few phrases for our trip?. We are going with a family of 6 --4 teens and 2 adults. All 1st timers. The "dine with nine" one works out perfectly for them and us (2a 1c)

Their teens do not know they are going. 4 months having to keep it secret...yeeesh! As far as they will know they are going to visit family friends in GA. They will know my small unit is going to WDW and will be soooo disappointed (evil parents arent we?) The plan is to caravan down from PA ( I really do live there..lol) and stop for lunch somewhere around Savannah. That is when we will break it to them. HOLD YOUR EARS ON SEPT 10th Georgians, for you will hear the screams clear cross the state. I made up little books for them with tips, trivia and loose itineraries--days we will be where etc. They will get a personal t-shirt with something Disney on it 1st then, the little books(which I dont think they will catch onto right off the bat) then a folder with maps, puzzles, etc. to entertain them the last 4 hours of the drive. I would love to give them some fortune cookies for dessert for lunch as clues also. Figured let 'em eat first or we might as well skip lunch all together. LOL I need some more cluesfor the cookies if anyone can think of any that dont involve flying and would be obscure enuf not to let them figure it out. Trust me, these kids WILL NOT catch on right away with small clues. Kinda bulild up to it.

Maybe I will actually get around to writing a trip report....LOL...yeah right...I still havent done the one from 2 years ago...LOL

Turbo, awesome tatoo.

Thanks for sharing! - This was a wonderful story!

As many of you know, my DH and I have been planning a surprise all-expense-paid trip to Disney for our kids, their spouses and our grandkids. (DH and I are going, too! Of course!) After endless weeks of wondering and asking you all for ideas on just how to announce the surprise, we finally decided on using fortune cookies to announce the surprise!

Little added note: When my two oldest kids were younger, I was raising them on my own. I dreamt about taking them to Disney, yet never was able to do so. So this will be a very first trip to Disney for them! And for our grandkids, too! :wizard:

Saturday morning, my DH and I were running around like two little kids on Christmas morning. Giggling…Smiling…literally holding onto one another and jumping up and down. Literally. :rotfl:
Keep in mind, we still have one child at home. He kept looking at us with one brow raised-you see, it was a surprise for him, too!
We bought fortune cookies from our local market. Very carefully, we slipped the fortunes out of the cookies using craft tweezers-and replaced them with fortunes we had made ourselves. ;)
The fortunes we made read:

Magic awaits you in a faraway World

Your lucky numbers: 08 27 06

In 176 days, your alarm clock will go off at 4 am

Runway lights will take you to new heights

7 days & 6 nights? Plenty of time to see the sights

The best way to dine? Reservations for nine

If you see a mouse dancin’ down the street, smile and say cheese!

(We also made two special fortune cookies, one for my DH to open and one for me to open. But made sure no one else got one of our cookies!) (NOTE! Our family “nick name” is jac & co.)
We then put the fortune cookies in a waxed paper bag and stapled it closed-to look exactly like the way we get them from our favorite Chinese restaurant-and hid them in the kitchen cupboard.
I then set a very casual table, complete with chop sticks while my husband went to pick up our take out order from the restaurant-3 orders of every appetizer on the menu!

Finally, 4 o’clock came. Finally!! We all sat down to a very casual, fun dinner. Lots of smiles and good conversation. Having only chopsticks on the table made for a fun experience in itself!

After dinner, I casually said, “ok, everyone. Grab a fortune cookie!” (we always take time to read our fortunes, so this was nothing unusual)
I opened the bag of fortune cookies (which I had tossed behind the take out containers when no one was looking) and casually held out the bag so everyone could take one.
Everyone read their fortunes. Silence. Then read them again. Silence with quick wide-eyed glances at one another.
To break the silence, I read my fortune: Mi Lao Shu: Mickey Mouse.The kids starting looking at each other…
Then my DH read his fortune cookie:
jac & co. are going to Disney!
Silence.
jac & co. are going to Disney! My DH read again.
Well, the silence was finally broken… :lmao: for the next 4 hours, our little home was filled with a family of nine…everyone talking at once…everyone laughing…everyone hugging…and planning, together, the trip of a life time….Magic. Pure magic. :wizard:

We sent them all home with leftover Chinese food, WDW guidebooks we got at Barnes & Noble and little booklets we made ourselves with park maps and a special jac & co. are going to Disney! cover. :blush:
A special heart-felt thank you goes out to carolfoy :goodvibes

that was a great story. I think that was a great IDEA, it sound like a happliy ever after story..................I'm so happy for all of you.

That was such a neat story! I had tears in my eyes reading it!

It is nice to see this thread is still going strong!!! Now we just need to get lynninpa to answer her phone every once in a while...:lmao:

I just read the original post, when you were still in the planning stages. Lynn in PA, did you ever write a trip report? I want to hear all about it. Just reading about the dinner and fortune cookie surprise, I felt so connected and a part of your suprise. I want to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter