The FORTUNE COOKIE SURPRISE TRIP To Disney-THE SURPRISE!

Wow Jan of 2008 and this is still up and running. Barb, I will have to talk to her about getting a trip report. They are in the middle of doing something that is disney related but im not sure if she is keeping it a secret for now til its done or what but once she has a break from it I will try to get her to write one.

Alex

Congratulations! We are trying to plan ours as a surprise too and I can only hope it goes as well as yours!

I loved your story. It was so great!!! I would so love to do something like this with DH's family or mine. We've never taken vacations together since I've been married so it would be nice for us to do something like that.

I hope that you truly have a very memorable and fun vacation. I'm sure your family will love it!

I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely young woman today when I brought my DS to "an office in RI". ;) When I went to pay her co-worker with my Disney Visa, the woman held it up to the lovely young woman, whose eyes lit up as only a Disney lover's eyes can at someone else's credit card. :laughing: Of course, we started a conversation, and she declared herself a Disney freak, as am I! One thing led to another, and she mentioned this thread, and I'm assuming she's one of the "kids" in the story!

She also showed me her VERY COOL new Minnie on her ankle. :thumbsup2 ("Mom" knows about this, right? :scared1: )

I read the first page or so...a wonderful story!...and found the place where lyinninpa explains she's Amy from RI (which was good, because I was getting :confused: ). Thanks Amy's DD, for pointing it out to me. And it was a pleasure meeting you! See you in 6 months. :laughing:

I just found this when I was on the recipe thread. I just read how you told your family with the fortune cookies. How creative!! How much fun would that house have been with the nine of you??? :rotfl: :cool1: :lmao:

Going back to read now.

Just finished reading this fun thread. A little disappointed that this didn't lead to a TR:worried: , but nonetheless really enjoyed the read. It was very nice to have some family members chime in. :love: the tat.

A very :grouphug: :hug: :hug: family of nine. Thanks for sharing this story. As you can see, it has inspired many towards surprising others. Sharing the magic is a wonderful thing.

thanks again

Mary! As soon as I started reading your post I knew you were talking about my Gf Liz!!! She is always telling me when she meets "disney freaks" or when someone has a Disney credit card but she never told me she met someone from the dis!!! When she gets home from work im gonna have to talk to her about that one lol. Just for the record im Amys DS, Liz is my girlfriend :P. A couple days after she got her tattoo she bought me one for my b-day and I got Mickey on my wrist!! Take care!!!!

Alex

I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely young woman today when I brought my DS to "an office in RI". ;) When I went to pay her co-worker with my Disney Visa, the woman held it up to the lovely young woman, whose eyes lit up as only a Disney lover's eyes can at someone else's credit card. :laughing: Of course, we started a conversation, and she declared herself a Disney freak, as am I! One thing led to another, and she mentioned this thread, and I'm assuming she's one of the "kids" in the story!

She also showed me her VERY COOL new Minnie on her ankle. :thumbsup2 ("Mom" knows about this, right? :scared1: )

I read the first page or so...a wonderful story!...and found the place where lyinninpa explains she's Amy from RI (which was good, because I was getting :confused: ). Thanks Amy's DD, for pointing it out to me. And it was a pleasure meeting you! See you in 6 months. :laughing:

Hey! I forgot all about telling you about the website until my boyfriend came home the other day and told me that he read your post...I cant believe you found it. isn't it an amazing story..They truly are a great family to know...Well I am glad you were able to read the story and enjoy seeing the experience we shared. I will see you soon..:)

Thank you for sharing it sounds you like you are all going to have a wonderful trip. You made the magic even more special have a great time with your family.

I've been planning a Fortune Cookie surprise, but couldn't figure out what to say on the fortunes. I searched on here and found this. I am so excited and can't wait to reveal our surprise in October!!!!!

Mary! As soon as I started reading your post I knew you were talking about my Gf Liz!!! She is always telling me when she meets "disney freaks" or when someone has a Disney credit card but she never told me she met someone from the dis!!! When she gets home from work im gonna have to talk to her about that one lol. Just for the record im Amys DS, Liz is my girlfriend :P. A couple days after she got her tattoo she bought me one for my b-day and I got Mickey on my wrist!! Take care!!!!

Alex
Hey! I forgot all about telling you about the website until my boyfriend came home the other day and told me that he read your post...I cant believe you found it. isn't it an amazing story..They truly are a great family to know...Well I am glad you were able to read the story and enjoy seeing the experience we shared. I will see you soon..:)
Believe it or not, I'm just now seeing these posts! :eek: I didn't subscribe to threads back then, but I just came across a link to this thread that I posted on another board way back when. Love the fortune cookie tattoo! Not sure Liz still works at that office these days, or if you're both still together, but it was fun to see your posts, even if it is almost 4 years later!

~MaryAnn, a.k.a. "Mare"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter