The florida freeze

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I hate it and wanted everyone else opinion on it. Has it interfered with anyone else life. I have not been out volunteering due to it.

We don't mind it that much. Wearing a jacket is OK compared with boots, mittens, parkas, long underwear, etc. at home in NH. It would be nice if it were warm enough for swimming and such when we have company in March, though.

This is nothing compared to the winter we had in early 2010 when it was bitter cold in January. We lost a few great looking bottle brush palm trees due to the severe cold.

It was miserable.

All I can say is that this cold weather is the perfect excuse to get stuff done around the house and catch up on my reading and rest before I start volunteering full time next week

Please warm up by the time we get there in mid April. We just got our first really cold days here (Mass.) and I am sure it won't be the last :sad1:

I moved here from Buffalo to be warm. Not at all happy about the cold and can't wait until it warms up again. I can't stand being cold and would stay in bed under the covers all day if I could. Just happy it's only temporary.

My parents live in Florida and my Dad has been whining about the weather. Then I remind him that we were in the teens and he was welcome to switch with me ;)

My Mom then said that at least all of our plants are already dead, she's worried about her palm tree.

if it makes you feel any better FL will be warm in about 7-10 days ehen the restof the country hits a predicted deep freeze. It was odd to see Denver warmer than Orlando yesterday tho.

I think our plants made it ok, DH said Disney lost their bananas. The weather has been so crazy - I wish we could have a week or two of just temps in the 60's, instead of 80-80-80-40-40-80-80. Tuesday I took the kids out to Magic Kingdom just to get a chance to use our winter wear.

I love this weather! I actually feel better when the weather is cooler and humidity is low. I however don't like having to have the heat on as it drives out my sinuses. If you want something positive about the freeze how bout it kills the mosquitoes and fleas.

It was chilly on the way to the store this morning. And saw many dead fish in the water, which might be due to the cold the last couple days, but also due to the red tide in the area. Overall though I'm not complaining. I could be back in Illinois where highs for the day there are the lows here!

My grandmother keeps saying she misses Miami because it was never cold there, like it is in Texas. This is before any real cold hits for the winter. She doesn't want to believe me when I say temps have gotten in the 30's. I remember showing up to work one morning at Animal Kingdom, in 08. They had massive heaters in the oasis to help keep the area warm. It was actually almost too cold for the characters to come out, and my department was worried about the cameras being used in freezing temps. I remember we did 30 minute swaps for about 2-3 hours that morning.

I don't mind it at all. I enjoy the cooler weather. Although like a PP it would be nice to ease in and ease out, not 80 one day down to 30s overnight than back to 80 in a couple days.

My hair looks better in the cold than it does when it is all hot and humid!! ;)

I don't mind it at all. I enjoy the cooler weather. Although like a PP it would be nice to ease in and ease out, not 80 one day down to 30s overnight than back to 80 in a couple days.

My hair looks better in the cold than it does when it is all hot and humid!! ;)

LOL Mine too! I just hope two nights of freezing was enough to kill the lovebugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter