• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja

LOL! I am going to get mine laminated today! But I am going to make my parents do it. hehe.

Yeah I was gifted my sparrow and stitch and I also was able to get a minnie hat on the last day. They were gifted to me by fellow disers. I was able to have my dream come true before vmk closed, I love dis so much. Everyone is so amazing!

Hooray! Haha, I think if I asked my parents, they would be like ... "What are you even talking about?" Haha so I'm glad to have Ninja. For that reason only ;)

Yeah. You stink. :P

I always thought I'd be able to get the Sparrow again. I thought I had the time! I actually got the hat and top in a trade specifically to use in a trade for my Minnie hat. But then ... time ran out. And well, I never got it again for me or Weird.

Only sometimes. I hope.

Yeah, I know you were using it for the Minnie hat trade. It's okay though since you let me wear it for a while. Weird probably would've changed out of it after a while anyway just because he's not used to being a pirate and all.

I think it's about time I posted some of my pictures too! Next post! :thumbsup2

So I brought Ninja and Weird to the office (one of 3 that I work at, usually alone too, which is why I can take these pictures :thumbsup2 ) but as Weird walked through the door, he had an odd feeling that he was being watched ... maybe by a Ninja ...

IMG_0208.jpg

After Ninja revealed herself, they were able to check out the circulation desk. A little bit about what I do: I work at 3 offices, all part of the same department. One circulates projected media (videos, dvds, 16mm, etc.), the other two circulate equipment. Which explains why Ninja and Weird were able to play with this scanner thing. Luckily, they're laminated so they aren't exposed to that red laser and it's not as harmful to their eyes.

IMG_0205.jpg

As you all might know by now, Ninja and Weird really like to stay hydrated. Especially in this weather, it's very important to stay hydrated! So they drank this whole tank. Can you blame them?

IMG_0203.jpg

Another good thing about working alone is that I can sit as close to the air-conditioner as I want without looking like Pumbaa. Get it, without looking like a hog? *rimshot* Yes yes, I know, bad joke. I'm so very sorry.

Anyway, I thought I'd be a part of these adventures as well. Ninja and Weird stay right by the AC because it's so hot and they just fit very well over there!

IMG_0247.jpg

As always, they shared lunch with me. Roast beef, mozzarella, tomatoes. No lettuce though since Weird doesn't like the way they chop up the lettuce around here. Whole leaves for him please!

IMG_0242.jpg

I know, you guys are probably looking for the Six Flags entry ... I'm working on it. But I will leave you with this ...

IMG_0239.jpg

Hmm ... that book on the lower shelf looks familiar ... could it be Ninja and Weird's transport system? ;) Hope you guys enjoyed that!

On Saturday, June 7, a group of people from my church went to Six Flags. There was a Christian concert at night with a band called MercyMe. That was the main reason this outing was planned. I initially didn’t plan on going because although I really like MercyMe, I wasn’t really excited about spending the day at Six Flags. However, when more non-coaster riders signed up, I was game!

In the morning, another girl drove over to my place so that we (my mom, my little brother, that girl, and I) could hitch a ride with my older cousin who lives next door. We all sprayed on sunscreen because of the crazy sun already out! It was already so stuffy at 8:30 in the morning! That was probably the first sign that the day ahead wouldn’t be very fun!

My car stopped at an exit on the turnpike to meet up with another guy heading to the park. I went in his car to keep him company. That started the day off on the right foot. I was especially excited because this is my last week of work before summer vacation! What could go wrong? I wonder …

The two cars went to preferred parking, and I initially thought that it was a waste to do that ($25, as opposed to $15) ... but boy oh boy, I was so grateful that everyone was in that parking lot instead of the main parking lot!

We headed to the bathroom first, and I was just appalled. I am so spoiled with the bathrooms at my school now because they are amazingly clean! But then I was thinking about other theme parks, WDW specifically, and the one at Six Flags was GROSS and it was still the morning! All day I was making comparisons to WDW!

We waited outside for a few other people to show up because they called and were there or almost there. At this point, we split up. The thrill seekers went into the park and got FlashPass so that they could ride all of their rollercoasters. My mom, brother, and I went back to the parking lot to meet up with the Wild Safari people. My uncle was the driver of one minivan and then HowWeird was the driver for the other one.

While waiting for Weird to arrive, I was watching Kingda Ka and Superman from the car. Oh man, Kingda Ka makes me so nervous! I was screaming while the vehicle was coming down the hill ... and that was an awfully long time to scream! I was excited about Superman though. I had ridden it a few years ago and other than the loop that throws you back into your seat, I really really really liked that ride! It goes a lot slower to give you that feeling of flight. That was going to be my thrill ride for the day.

Finally Howard came by so my mom and one of my cousins (uhh, let’s call him “Kevin,” the name of his character in our church coffeehouse event) and I hopped into his van. I was really excited to go to the safari because Weird and I specifically brought our flats with us so that they could get in the pictures.

Here are Weird and Ninja enjoying the animals.

This is their first encounter with animals. Um … they weren’t really focusing on the animals. They just wanted to look good in the picture so they really can’t tell you what’s in the background.
IMG_3015.jpg

More unknown animals! And a costume change! But you can, however, see Kingda Ka in the background.
IMG_3016.jpg

Llamas going into the water! What’s with the obsession over llamas? I know there was a lot of talk about llamas in VMK. Plus, many of my students are into llamas. In fact, today in class, I had kids singing something about “llama llama duck” … so … okay … Oh right, you can see Medusa in the background too.
IMG_3018.jpg

This ostrich decided to be a tour guide for Weird and Ninja. They thought it was clever at first … until Ninja realized where she was being led …
IMG_3020.jpg

OH NO!
IMG_3021.jpg

BUFFALO/BISON. I don’t know the difference. Neither does Ninja. But all we know is that we HATE these animals! They are so creepy! All that hair. Those beady eyes. Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. It’s absolutely terrifying.
IMG_3022.jpg

Buffalo/bison close-up. I was so irrational at this point. I told Weird that if the bison decided to charge at the car, I wanted him to unbuckle my seatbelt and make sure he pulled me out of the way (since I was closest to them). He said, "If the bison charged, I'd just drive away. With you still in the car." HAHAHAHHAHAHAH ... see, I can't think clearly!
IMG_3023.jpg

More close-up, with itty-bitty calves too that aren’t AS creepy. My mom asked my cousin, "Do you want the binoculars?" but I didn't know she was asking him and I whipped around and was like, "WHAT?!"
IMG_3024.jpg

They weren’t the only creepy animals. The ostriches were kind of creepy too since they just freely roamed many of the areas. I turned around and this guy was RIGHT THERE.
IMG_3025.jpg

I’m going to leave off on that note! It’s late, and I’m super tired.

But on a good (random) note … I just found out today that the percentage of 6th grade students getting a 3 or above on the state math test went from a 75% to an 88% this year! Yay! I’m so excited and thrilled that I’ve been doing my job correctly ;)

Oh no! I'm sorry you had to see scary Buffalo/Bison. :( At least none of them ended up charging your car. (Unless, you left that part out for later!)

:rotfl2: every time me and shore and our friend go to great adventure we are ALWAYS comparing it to WDW....lol...and EVERYTHING about the place is trash....were u at the park in time to see the glow-in-the-park parade? it's SO bootleg Spectromagic. it's hilarious...we saw it the night it opened to make fun of it...and we had an AMAZING time making fun of it....sooo cheesy. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yeah, the Dark Knight, as in the new Batman movie. This was the ride for it though, I'm sure the movie is gonna be awesome. But yeah, the ride was definitely not worth the wait. We waited around an hour and a half (because we didn't bother getting FlashPasses because the line for that would've probably been an hour and it wouldn't have been worth it for us) for a 45 second ride. I would highly highly highly suggest you leave that for either the end of the day when there aren't so many people or if you have FlashPass because it is not worth the waiting. But to look on the brighter side, I got a nice tan. ;)

I'm a continent away from Six Flags! :rotfl: The only reason I know what Six Flags is is because a) I once heard about it in vmk b) I then read about it on dis and c) a few days ago I saw a documentary on the construction of the Kingda Ka:-)scared1:)!:rotfl:

I am looking forward to The Dark Knight. I am sorry the ride was disappointing.

They took a break from class (or napping~) to eat lunch. Yep! More chicken! Grilled chicken wrap with roasted red peppers and balsamic vinegar.
IMG_2960.jpg

As always, they shared lunch with me. Roast beef, mozzarella, tomatoes. No lettuce though since Weird doesn't like the way they chop up the lettuce around here. Whole leaves for him please!

IMG_0242.jpg

You should seriously stop posting lunch pics. The food looks so yummy it's making me hungry every time I see the pictures! :goodvibes

More unknown animals! And a costume change! But you can, however, see Kingda Ka in the background.
IMG_3016.jpg

Wow the Kingda Ka! I've only seen it on TV and I don't think I would ever ride it!:eek:

You are so brave for taking the ride!

I'm a continent away from Six Flags! :rotfl: The only reason I know what Six Flags is is because a) I once heard about it in vmk b) I then read about it on dis and c) a few days ago I saw a documentary on the construction of the Kingda Ka:-)scared1:)!:rotfl:

I am looking forward to The Dark Knight. I am sorry the ride was disappointing.

You should seriously stop posting lunch pics. The food looks so yummy it's making me hungry every time I see the pictures! :goodvibes

Wow the Kingda Ka! I've only seen it on TV and I don't think I would ever ride it!:eek:

You are so brave for taking the ride!

Oooh I gotta find that documentary now. I love documentaries on buildings/structures (I better, since I'm studying architecture!) so that would definitely be an interesting one. What network was it on? Was it a Discovery Channel Mega buildings episode or a History Channel special?

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the movie as well. I'm hearing great things about Heath Ledger's last performance. :(

... haha I know, right? Ninja! Your food always looks so good!

Haha we didn't ride Kingda Ka. We actually just saw it from the safari and then again when we were in the park. Other than that, we didn't ride it.

I only have a few more minutes before work so I'm gonna be quick about some more recent adventures. So I was dragged away from the main office because there were some measurements to be taken at the auditorium that my office is in charge of so why not bring the architect-wannabe, right? And of course if I'm going there, Ninja and Weird are coming along!

As my supervisor and I were talking about how to measure the auditorium with only one tape measure that was 33 feet long, Ninja and Weird thought they would measure themselves! You can't actually see the numbers but they're about 4.5inches tall.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Since I was busy measuring, Ninja and Weird thought they'd sit and watch "the show" I did my best to entertain them with my measuring and they did seem pretty impressed. See how they're glued to their seat? :lmao:

IMG_0231.jpg

Just so you guys have an idea of the dilemma my supervisor and I had, our auditorium spans about ... 60+ feet wide and about 80+ feet long. Haha, which meant we had to hold the measuring tape, mark off a spot, and go to that spot again. It was tedious and could've been avoided if we had a laser measurer but why not, right?

IMG_0232.jpg

Okay folks, one more installment by the end of this week and I should have my recap of "Sicks Flags" up next week! Enjoy! :thumbsup2

Oh no! I'm sorry you had to see scary Buffalo/Bison. :( At least none of them ended up charging your car. (Unless, you left that part out for later!)

Haha, thankfully that didn't happen! I kind of jumped out of my seat when I saw what was ahead! I just realized the other day talking to Weird that (I think) they have a singing buffalo head in the Country Bear Jamboree! Maybe that's also one of the reasons why I don't like them! Creepy!

:rotfl2: every time me and shore and our friend go to great adventure we are ALWAYS comparing it to WDW....lol...and EVERYTHING about the place is trash....were u at the park in time to see the glow-in-the-park parade? it's SO bootleg Spectromagic. it's hilarious...we saw it the night it opened to make fun of it...and we had an AMAZING time making fun of it....sooo cheesy. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Haha, we didn't see the glow-in-the-dark parade because we had to leave fairly early. However, I did see the ads for it. For the prices that Six Flags charged, you'd think it'd be better! It makes the WDW prices not so bad because of how wonderful it is.

Haha, well you won't have to worry about food pictures for a while because I'm finished with work! It's now time for my summer vacation, yayyy :D

Talk about a captive audience :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Haha :rotfl:

LOL!:laughing: sorry just saw this today.

Are yours all done yet?!? Waiting ... :rolleyes1

More animals! Here Weird and Ninja were looking at some rhinos lying out in the sun, apparently not bothered by the extreme heat.
IMG_3027.jpg

No tans … do they get … grayer?! Haha.
IMG_3028.jpg

Afterwards we moved on to the elephants. I was so amazed that we could be so close to elephants! REAL elephants! Very unlike Jungle Cruise!
IMG_3030.jpg

Ninja was thinking if she could somehow crawl under the fencing and barbed wire to ride the elephant.
IMG_3032.jpg

Weird and Ninja continued on with the safari and saw more rhinos.
IMG_3042.jpg

Rhino close-up.
IMG_3041.jpg

Weird knows a good deal about animals. Ninja does not. So she only remembered that these were animals … with four legs … and fur.
IMG_3043.jpg

These animals looked very graceful, holding their heads up so nice and straight.
IMG_3045.jpg

I had to get a picture of this sign. Ellipsis! Such an English major/ELA teacher animal! Later on during the ride, I ended up giving a mini-grammar lesson unintentionally!
IMG_3046.jpg

We had passed by the "Tigers Lair" and my cousin pointed out that there should be an apostrophe to read "Tiger's Lair," but I clarified and said it should be "Tigers' Lair" because there was more than one tiger in those fences. My mom and he said that maybe it could also be "Tigers's Lair." Then I went on about how it can't be that because "tigers" is a plural noun, and the only time you do the "s's" thing is when it's a singular noun for possession, like with names ... Hans's pen, Marcus's binder. Yeah ... I didn't do that on purpose! It just started coming out because I'm so used to doing it at school!

Way back behind a fence was a baby giraffe! Baby Geoffrey! Part of Ninja still absolutely loves Toys R Us.
IMG_3047.jpg

And out on the road was this tall fella! Long time ago, the giraffe kept licking our sunroof! I was literally face to face with the giraffe because I put my face up to it.
IMG_3048.jpg

He was trying to be the center of attention with all the cars stopping to get a close look.
IMG_3051.jpg

Haha, it caught sight of me! I tried showing it Weird and Ninja, but it wasn't interested.
IMG_3055.jpg

These were the good giraffes that didn't venture out into the traffic. They stayed away so that they wouldn't get into trouble.
IMG_3062.jpg

Zebra! It looked like a tiny pony with painted stripes!
IMG_3063.jpg

This is a Texas longhorn. We thought it was really interesting how this cow animal thing kept shuddering. We figured it was having spasms. Then we saw that there were a lot of bugs underneath the creature. Then I also thought that maybe the spasming was because it was calling its friends ...
IMG_3065.jpg

They heard! They all started climbing up the "hill"! So many of them!
IMG_3066.jpg

This guy was twisted over. We were wondering if he was stuck under another one of his buddies. Then I thought that maybe he was joking around by pretending his horns were too heavy (which would make everyone take a picture of him ... because I actually got 4-5 pictures of him!).
IMG_3071.jpg

It was a good thing we had moved up because all these aminals just went directly into the traffic! And they ALWAYS have the right of way.
IMG_3072.jpg

A different kind of animal … with horns.
IMG_3076.jpg

We were examining how each animal had horns that were twisted in different ways. Then we noticed that one of them was missing a horn! Weird made it okay though because he said that it probably just donated it to "Horns of Love" (like Locks of Love, since I recently cut off 10 inches of my hair for the cause).
IMG_3077.jpg

Rams.
IMG_3078.jpg

There was this little treehouse (oh wait ... it's not in a tree ...) thing that Ninja thought was really cool. She could live in it and be able to see the lions every day.
IMG_3079.jpg

Oh wait ... nevermind. She doesn't want to live there anymore!
IMG_3080.jpg

(continued in next post ... too many pictures!)

(continued from previous post)

This lion said, "I am Aslan!"
IMG_3082.jpg

Don't worry, Weird and Ninja listened to the instructions and stayed in the car!
IMG_3085.jpg

See? Very obedient.
IMG_3084.jpg

Silly bear … eating … sand?
IMG_3094.jpg

These bears were trying to plot their escape as they casually wandered to the fence and sniffed around.
IMG_3096.jpg

This bear looked very … strange. He wasn't nice and chubby like the sand-eating bear.
IMG_3098.jpg

Flamingo! It reminded Ninja of WDW because of the warm, Florida weather!
IMG_3100.jpg

A bird. Ninja was glad to have gotten this picture. That's why she's not in it herself.
IMG_3105.jpg

Ninja's working on her photography skills.
IMG_3110.jpg

Swans. The one in the back was camera shy. It's okay, we're all a little insecure at one time or another.
IMG_3107.jpg

A family of bears! Those cubs were so small and adorable!
IMG_3115.jpg

These two siblings started fighting! The one on the left was sitting there first. Then the one on the right tried pushing the other one out of the way!
IMG_3117.jpg

There were a lot of bears at the safari. Ninja was excited about that because she was reminded of the shy, waving bear from Prince Caspian.

This bear seemed to need some privacy to do some business. You know, Charmin Ultra business.
IMG_3121.jpg

The bear on the right wanted the bear on the left to hurry up!
IMG_3123.jpg

Taking a swim!
IMG_3126.jpg

Last bear picture, I promise! Ninja giggled when she saw this bear sitting in this position!
IMG_3127.jpg

Emus! Emos? Haha. I thought it was funny how that emu crossed its legs. I sometimes teach standing that way for some reason.
IMG_3131.jpg

Here we are in the baboon village. We were looking for the exit so as not to drive through the baboon area, but then we saw that they can no longer climb on your car. I don't know when they changed that, but the last time I went to the safari was when I was a little kid.

It was funny how the baboons had their own piece of Six Flags with them! Weird joked that that's why he doesn't want to go on the rollercoasters because the tracks just fling apart into the Baboon Village!
IMG_3149.jpg

After the safari, we headed on over to the park. This is when I took the picture of the sign. How sad is that sign in comparison to the Magic Kingdom sign?!
IMG_3152.jpg

We met up with the other car in the parking lot before we headed to the main part of the park. It was so gross and hot out at that point; we were already getting ice from the cooler to help us not feel as gross! Howeverrrrr, that will be the next installment! Thanks for reading :)

Hey, those flats seem like alot of fun. I do have a question though, before you laminated them, were they just regular computer paper or did you glue them to cardboard or anything? Me and my friend from vmk will probably have some more real magical adventures. Thanks :)

Haha don't worry about it Ninja, I'll put in the aMiNal names when I get to my post. It should be interesting to see if I remember them all ...

How sad to see all those cars surrounding the giraffe .. I bet he wishes he lived on the Disney property instead. :faint:

Oh, not just him, even I wish I live on the Disney property!! :rotfl:

Hehehe I'm glad you enjoyed that :D

Hey, those flats seem like alot of fun. I do have a question though, before you laminated them, were they just regular computer paper or did you glue them to cardboard or anything? Me and my friend from vmk will probably have some more real magical adventures. Thanks :)

Quick answer to a quick question. We printed it on regular computer paper. I believe Ninja printed it via inkjet and I printed on laserjet so the quality was slightly different. My paper actually ended up harder to cut because it was smoother and thinner. However, before we laminated them, we didn't glue them onto anything, the lamination itself holds up pretty well. Hope to see your adventures soon! :thumbsup2

lol My friend is having problems getting on herself, and asked me to ask one more question. With your flats, how did you get them so big without making them too "pixelated"? (that is her word- i really don't know if it is a real one lol)

lol My friend is having problems getting on herself, and asked me to ask one more question. With your flats, how did you get them so big without making them too "pixelated"? (that is her word- i really don't know if it is a real one lol)

LOL, it is a word. She's saying that when she makes them larger, the image isn't clear and you can see the pixels (like the image is made up of blurry squares). To avoid that, I didn't stretch mine in Paint. I used a regular screen cap and stretched it on Microsoft PowerPoint. Weird stretched his in Photoshop. Hope that helps!

Oooh I gotta find that documentary now. I love documentaries on buildings/structures (I better, since I'm studying architecture!) so that would definitely be an interesting one. What network was it on? Was it a Discovery Channel Mega buildings episode or a History Channel special?

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the movie as well. I'm hearing great things about Heath Ledger's last performance. :(

... haha I know, right? Ninja! Your food always looks so good!

Haha we didn't ride Kingda Ka. We actually just saw it from the safari and then again when we were in the park. Other than that, we didn't ride it.

I think it was a Discovery Channel production. Here it was broadcast through another channel but I can remember seeing 'Discovery Channel' somewhere in the closing credits:thumbsup2

Yes, I've read some raving reviews on the interpretation of the Joker :( Looking forward to seeing the film!!

How sad to see all those cars surrounding the giraffe .. I bet he wishes he lived on the Disney property instead. :faint:

Those poor animals. It must be horrifying for them to have to wander around so many cars...Just sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter