The first movie you saw in theaters?

Oh WOW....... hmmmmmmmmm

I remember seeing That Darn Cat at the Drive-in but I am sure there must have been something before that. Lots of Disney movies like Flubber, etc.

I remember when the big fancy theatre opened (with cushioned seats that rocked) and we saw Patton.

I also remember going to the downtown theatre on Saturdays and all we had to do was bring the liners(10 of them) from RC cola bottles to get in for free and we could stay as long as we wanted. It was airconditioned so we stayed a long time!! My Dad worked at a place with a drink machine (glass bottles that you had to use an opener for) and he would dig out the RC caps out of the collection box for the caps and bring them home for us to use!!

Glass-Bottom Boat, 1966. A Doris Day movie. It's a Cold War spy spoof set in Florida, with Dom deLuise and Paul Lynde -- not a kid's movie, though I was only 4 at the time.

My aunt from NYC was visiting, and decided that she wanted to go to the movies, and did not want to go alone. Mom said she should take me, so I went. I still remember it clearly, as it was a big occasion, I got dressed up in a pink coat, with a matching hat and gloves, and we went to lunch downtown before the movie.

BAMBI!!

Bambi came out in 1942 but re-released to theaters in 1947, 1957, 1966, 1975, 1982, and 1988.

I was 3yo. I can even remember it was scary for me. :sad1:

I think Lion King? That could be wrong though--Did Lion King come out before Little Mermaid? Cause it was a movie BEFORE Little Mermaid...

Fantasia. Don't know how old I was but I have vivid memories of being in the theatre and just completely dazzled and amazed by the movie.

Teresa

Im not sure it is was the first but it is the first I remember was Satisfaction at the drive in in 1988

I have no idea!

Do you all actually remember seeing these movies or is it that your parents told you what your first movie was?

I think it was "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo" in 1977 or 1978.

I saw Cinderella when it was re-released in 1987. I remember that my Dad's workplace gave free tickets to see it and I was 8/9 years old (depending on the month).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter