The Fastpass Encyclopedia: Everything you need to know about FPs at DLR

What about GRR? How does that work with World of Color FP's? Are some machines for GRR and some for WoC, or does it switch over some time during the day?

What about GRR? How does that work with World of Color FP's? Are some machines for GRR and some for WoC, or does it switch over some time during the day?

Yes, there are a few of the GRR FP machines that distribute WOC FPs and the rest distribute GRR FPs.

When there was super high demand for WOC FPs, they would use all the GRR FPs machines for WOC FPs in the morning and then switch. But that isn't necessary anymore,'since the demand for WOC FP has waned considerably.

Yes, there are a few of the GRR FP machines that distribute WOC FPs and the rest distribute GRR FPs.

When there was super high demand for WOC FPs, they would use all the GRR FPs machines for WOC FPs in the morning and then switch. But that isn't necessary anymore,'since the demand for WOC FP has waned considerably.

Thanks again! We didn't go on GRR last time, so I didn't pay attention... :)

if you had to choose between rope drop at DCA and MM hour at DL which would you choose?

Below is a list of FP attractions that are currently not connected as of April 17th, 2013.

In Disneyland Park (DL):

• none currently

In Disney California Adventure Park (DCA):
  • California Screamin'
  • Radiator Springs Racers (RSR)
  • World of Color

is this still the case? will there be an update on disconnections at all?

thank you

Great question. To throw another variable in there, with enforced FP times, we'll use most if not all of the FPs we pull. On our last trip, before they started enforcing FP times, we ended our trip with a big stack of unused FPs. I also know people who would come home with a handful of unused FPs. So it's possible a higher percentage of FPs will be used, meaning longer lines. It would be great if enforcement means shorter FP return lines. The other problem is many rides that combine lines don't have much of a FP line anyway. Rides like Indy and Space should see no difference at all in my opinion. Still a great question.

i always thought they were enforced! but interesting to know

Hi :)

First off, have a great time! Just a thought but if you or hubby can sacrifice the first ride and take everyone's park ticket and go directly to stand in the RSR FP line while the rest go wide right and ride RSR, that may help in getting RSR FP's as soon as they are available and not wait in the FP line for 45 minutes :) Oh the sacrifices one makes hehe :thumbsup2

Have fun! :)

LT

this is our plan, but we will be negatively effected by a morning where DCA has EMH but we dont?

and would it be worth us trying to meet up with our wideright counterparts or should we just try and get other FPs eg Soarin and WOC before riding anything

I know that the first post still lists RSR as being disconnected but I thought I read on another thread that it is now connected to the system. Can anyone update if that is so? We are going for the first time this December and I am trying to make sure I am prepared.

JenneleB said:
I know that the first post still lists RSR as being disconnected but I thought I read on another thread that it is now connected to the system. Can anyone update if that is so? We are going for the first time this December and I am trying to make sure I am prepared.

RSR is connected now. We were there in Aug and can confirm it is now true. But the FP are lasting longer into the day now as well for it.

RSR is connected now. We were there in Aug and can confirm it is now true. But the FP are lasting longer into the day now as well for it.

How late in the day do you think they will last on a busy weekend. I'd actually prefer to ride at night so timing is key :goodvibes

How late in the day do you think they will last on a busy weekend. I'd actually prefer to ride at night so timing is key :goodvibes

RSR FPs last about 3 hours (maybe 4) on a busy day when DCA is open until 10PM.

If it was me (and it WAS me in July when I tried to do the same thing ;)) I would try to walk by the RSR FP area 2 and a 1/2 hours after park opening to check the FP return window and then gauge things from there.

:wizard:

RSR FPs last about 3 hours (maybe 4) on a busy day when DCA is open until 10PM.

If it was me (and it WAS me in July when I tried to do the same thing ;)) I would try to walk by the RSR FP area 2 and a 1/2 hours after park opening to check the FP return window and then gauge things from there.

:wizard:

Will do! Thank you--just what I wanted to know !

We will be there February 20 & 21 at the tail end of president's week. From what I've been reading, it looks like that will be a pretty crowded time. I was planning on getting there for rope drop and getting FP right away for RSR but now that it's connected, I'm wondering if we should try to do Toy Story first and then head over to RSR for a FP? I would like to be able to do RSR twice, once during the day and once at night, but don't want to take a chance they will run out of FPs while we're at Toy Story. Also, if we get a FP for something in DCA, can we get another one immediately for something at DL? Would appreciate advice. Thanks.

We will be there February 20 & 21 at the tail end of president's week. From what I've been reading, it looks like that will be a pretty crowded time. I was planning on getting there for rope drop and getting FP right away for RSR but now that it's connected, I'm wondering if we should try to do Toy Story first and then head over to RSR for a FP? I would like to be able to do RSR twice, once during the day and once at night, but don't want to take a chance they will run out of FPs while we're at Toy Story. Also, if we get a FP for something in DCA, can we get another one immediately for something at DL? Would appreciate advice. Thanks.

If you want to ride TSMM, I would make a point of heading there right at rope drop (assuming it's not an EMH-morning). Then come back for an RSR FP. I've done this many times and they most likely won't run out of RSR FPs unless you wait for several hours after park opening to get back to the FP machines.

Yes, the two parks are still disconnected (as of mid-November), so you can get a FP in DCA and then immediately get one in DL.

Thanking you all for this info, I have a much better understanding of FP now!

Any ideas on how the Frozen FP it into the system?
Elsa & Anna is disconnected, and I believe the sing-a-long is connected (we didn't go to the sing-a-long...wasn't open). AFAIK, the Frozen show in FL is disconnected as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter