The Fastpass Encyclopedia: Everything you need to know about FPs at DLR

Are there even any FP rides that children 2 and under can ride? Oh, I guess besides World of Color :upsidedow. Other than WoC, you would do rider swap at that point, wouldn't you?

We took my great niece to DL when she was 2 and she was tall enough to ride everything except Indiana Jones, California Screaming and Goofy's Sky School (and she almost made this one). Since she didn't have a ticket, we couldn't get her a fastpass but all we had to do was tell the CM's she was under 3 years old and they let her through with the rest of us.

I wonder if the fast pass lines are shorter, now that they are enforcing times? Now there won't be people who should have come hours earlier in the lines? Has anyone experience it now that they are enforcing times? Is it even faster?:confused3

Are all of the GRR Fastpass machines still used for WOC in the morning? If so, what time do they start issuing GRR Fastpasses?

carisa81 said:
I wonder if the fast pass lines are shorter, now that they are enforcing times? Now there won't be people who should have come hours earlier in the lines? Has anyone experience it now that they are enforcing times? Is it even faster?:confused3

Great question. To throw another variable in there, with enforced FP times, we'll use most if not all of the FPs we pull. On our last trip, before they started enforcing FP times, we ended our trip with a big stack of unused FPs. I also know people who would come home with a handful of unused FPs. So it's possible a higher percentage of FPs will be used, meaning longer lines. It would be great if enforcement means shorter FP return lines. The other problem is many rides that combine lines don't have much of a FP line anyway. Rides like Indy and Space should see no difference at all in my opinion. Still a great question.

Thanks for the updates. Ever since FP enforcement, DBF and I have only used 2 or 3 FPs max per trip. On our April 6 and April 14 trips, we didn't use FP at all. IJ FPs are still useless unless there's some people waiting outdoors, and several FP rides were closed during our last trip due to DOSH or OSHA. In our March trip, we noticed that the standby line for Space went considerably faster, but we didn't time it compared to our FP line time. Updating the first post now!

So my thought are that if I plan to use fast passes as much as possible then I'd like to know what order to get them in? I'm guessing here so correct me if I'm wrong

Disneyland

Indiana Jones
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder (will be closed on our trip)
Star Tours
RR cartoon spin
Autopia

California Adventure

RSR (or use wide right)
Soarin'
WOC (Can hold all three at once) WOC and RSR are disconnected from others
California Screamin' (disconnected)
ToT
Grizzly river run
Goofy Sky School

I just want to be educated in case, I know our dates are May 6,7 and 8 and we plan to do DL the 6,8 AND dca ON THE 7. I have read that space is closed and possibly the matterhorn will be closed after Space opens back up. I have touring plans made for each day but I keep second guessing myself.

Today we were told that Autopia FP are only available on weekends. Touring plans apparently doesn't know this yet as it keeps telling me to use one.

Is it true the RSR fastpass machine is not by RSR ride but in the Bug's Land? Also we are staying at DLH (coming from Australia and lovely man wants us to make the most of the trip) so will have EMH. But I've read about a RSR fastpass line for people waiting to enter the park without EMH - does that mean if we have EMH wanted to try to ride RSR then line up for a fastpass we'd have to go do wide right and then exit the park and join the RSR fastpass queue? I read something else saying just get in line before park opening so am a bit confused!

Is it true the RSR fastpass machine is not by RSR ride but in the Bug's Land? Also we are staying at DLH (coming from Australia and lovely man wants us to make the most of the trip) so will have EMH. But I've read about a RSR fastpass line for people waiting to enter the park without EMH - does that mean if we have EMH wanted to try to ride RSR then line up for a fastpass we'd have to go do wide right and then exit the park and join the RSR fastpass queue? I read something else saying just get in line before park opening so am a bit confused!

I understand that the way people use EMH with RSR is to first do wide-right and get a ride done (assuming the ride opens without a breakdown). Follow that with whatever else you want to use your EMH for. Then, return to the area toward the FP line for RSR and find the end of the queue. The machines will begin dispensing FP at regular opening time. The line apparently moves quickly and may run out of FPs within 45 minutes or as long as a couple of hours depending on park attendance.

You don't have to exit the park. The FP queue is not in Carsland, but a separate area.

I hope I have that right. We don't have early entry privileges, so we'll be lining up at park opening for a FP.

Wow - we're taking our kids in January and are, primarily, making the effort to be there on the 5th birthday of our son, who LOVES Cars. I hope things settle a little by then and our off-season visit will keep us from encountering too many of the challenges people are expressing here. I don't mind using fastpasses, and I understand that lines get long without them. But, waiting 45 minutes for a fastpass and having them run out 45 minutes after park open - I thought TSM at DHS was bad!!

Wow - we're taking our kids in January and are, primarily, making the effort to be there on the 5th birthday of our son, who LOVES Cars. I hope things settle a little by then and our off-season visit will keep us from encountering too many of the challenges people are expressing here. I don't mind using fastpasses, and I understand that lines get long without them. But, waiting 45 minutes for a fastpass and having them run out 45 minutes after park open - I thought TSM at DHS was bad!!

Hi :)

First off, have a great time! Just a thought but if you or hubby can sacrifice the first ride and take everyone's park ticket and go directly to stand in the RSR FP line while the rest go wide right and ride RSR, that may help in getting RSR FP's as soon as they are available and not wait in the FP line for 45 minutes :) Oh the sacrifices one makes hehe :thumbsup2

Have fun! :)

LT

Hi :)

First off, have a great time! Just a thought but if you or hubby can sacrifice the first ride and take everyone's park ticket and go directly to stand in the RSR FP line while the rest go wide right and ride RSR, that may help in getting RSR FP's as soon as they are available and not wait in the FP line for 45 minutes :) Oh the sacrifices one makes hehe :thumbsup2

Have fun! :)

LT

That's my plan. ::yes::

That's my plan. ::yes::

Actually, the best advice I've seen on these boards is to get to security at least 30 minutes early, be in the park for EMH rope drop, and ride as many attractions as you can during the first 50 minutes of EMH (RSR first, if it's running, then Luigi's, Mater's, then over to PP for Toy Story and California Screamin'). Then, at about 10 minutes til park opening, get someone in the FP line for RSR. You'll only be behind any other EMH people who have lined up for RSR FPs as well. You'll be in line ahead of everyone else who had to wait for park opening to get in line. The line typically moves pretty quickly once the park opening time arrives and you'll be in good shape to get your FPs.

Your designated FP person may still stand in line for anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on how long the line is, but they haven't missed out on EMH and all the rides.

If you get in the FP line as soon as EMH starts, you will end up standing in that line for 45-50 minutes until the park opens and the FP machines become available, and that person misses out on the benefits of EMH. Hope this helps.

Actually, the best advice I've seen on these boards is to get to security at least 30 minutes early, be in the park for EMH rope drop, and ride as many attractions as you can during the first 50 minutes of EMH (RSR first, if it's running, then Luigi's, Mater's, then over to PP for Toy Story and California Screamin'). Then, at about 10 minutes til park opening, get someone in the FP line for RSR. You'll only be behind any other EMH people who have lined up for RSR FPs as well. You'll be in line ahead of everyone else who had to wait for park opening to get in line. The line typically moves pretty quickly once the park opening time arrives and you'll be in good shape to get your FPs.

Your designated FP person may still stand in line for anywhere from 10-30 minutes depending on how long the line is, but they haven't missed out on EMH and all the rides.

If you get in the FP line as soon as EMH starts, you will end up standing in that line for 45-50 minutes until the park opens and the FP machines become available, and that person misses out on the benefits of EMH. Hope this helps.

Yeah Peezle's got it right. Don't spend your EMH standing in the RSR FP line. Ride as many rides as you can that will have long lines (and no FP) later in the day. At DCA - two at top of that list are TSMM and Luigi. Ride them for sure and any others you'd like then just be sure to get in the RSR FP line 5 min before EMH ends. You will be at the end of the EMH line, but it goes really fast once they start.

Good point :) Yes, that is the best way, just make sure you get to the FP line before it opens to all! hehe :cool1:

LT :)

My recommendation:

This is an example if the park opens at 9am, but Early Entry is at 8am. This comes from my own personal experiences.

Arrive at the Early Entry entrance 15 minutes before it starts (so 745am).
When EE starts, skip RSR entirely (unless you really want to ride it more than once) and head to Luigi's, Maters (If you ride RSR at EE skip Luigi's and Mater and come back later, after 5pm the lines are quite low for those attractions), TSM (multiple times), Screamin, and when the park opens finish the rest of Paradise Pier, Fun Wheel, Swings, Sky School, Mermaid, then one person can get in line for RSR FP at 930am (NO Later or risk not getting a FP for RSR). The rest of the group, presumably with children can head to Bugs Land and do those attractions.

FP person should get a Fastpass around 4pm-6pm. After you get the RSR FP(not connected) head directly to Soarin to get a FP and a World of Color Fastpass if you need one. FP person catches up to group in Bugs Land.

After Bugs Land it should be 1030am-11am. Grab a FP for Grizzly, then use a FP for Soarin... Lunch Time

After lunch use FP for Grizzly, Head to Hollywoodland, grab a FP for Tower, then do the attractions in Hollywoodland. See the 2ish or 4ish Aladdin, Use FP for Tower, Use FP for RSR, take a break. Perhaps the parade then dinner.

30 minutes before the time posted on your WOC FP get in line for your section. Viewing opens at 8pm, get a spot then have someone in your party get a dessert or snack. Ghiradelli's is an AWESOME choice here.

After WOC you should have about an hour left to go on a couple of more rides, maybe Single Rider RSR?

My recommendation:

This is an example if the park opens at 9am, but Early Entry is at 8am. This comes from my own personal experiences.

Arrive at the Early Entry entrance 15 minutes before it starts (so 745am).
When EE starts, target all of Fantasyland starting with Peter Pan. Then do all of the Fantasyland EE attractions (No Tomorrowland) 5 minutes before the park opens.

5 minutes before the park opens head to Adventureland and once the park opens get a FP for Indiana Jones, ride Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Mansion, get FP for Splash, use FP for Indiana Jones, ride Pooh, use FP for Splash. Lunch time

While ordering your lunch, one person gets a FP for Space, after Lunch take a ride on the Twain or train to Tomorrowland. Get a FP for Tours, ride Buzz, use FP for Space, ride Nemo (should be 30 minutes or less), Grab FP for Autopia, use FP for Tours, See Capt. EO, use FP for Autopia, take train to Toontown. Grab FP for Roger Rabbit, ride Small World, explore Toontown, and use FP for Roger Rabbit,

After that relax (Should be around 5pm-6pm), see a parade, a show, or have dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter