• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

Fish Extender:

Remember to contact Katzs 13 with your information names, child's ages, room number, and email.

Yeses
maddiesmum03 and 3cheers4dis (2A and 1C)
Katzs13 (2A and 1C)
StaceyL0u (2A)
jeffann6 (3A)
DisneyOrBustColorado (2A and 2C)
Himmin (2A)
Gmilligan (2A)
Paulfamily4 (2A and 2C)
Tinkers (2A)
mickieKK18 (1A and 1 almost A)
Smudge (3A and 2C)
gilsan (2A and 1C)
MaryKLady (2A and 1C)
cat98c (2A)

Maybes
BMICKEY
Debagu

Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt:

maddiesmum03 and staceyL0u will be organising this event please contact them if you are able to volunteer.

Participants
Yes
Katzs13 - 1 kid
maddiesmum03 and 3cheers4dis - 1 kid
Paulfamily4- 2 kids
DisneyOrBustColorado - 2 kids
gilsan - 1 kid
MaryKLady - 1 kid

Maybe
Gmilligan
Debagu
Tinkers
Smudge

Volunteers
Prior to Cruise
Yes
staceyL0u
gilsan
DisneyOrBustColorado
Paulfamily4
MaryKLady

During Cruise

Yes
staceyL0u
maddiesmum03
Paulfamily4
MaryKLady

Maybe
gilsan
maddiesmum03

Recipe Post Card Exchange:

StaceyL0u
gilsan
cat98c

Please add me to the recipe exchange too!:hippie:

Wow this thread is really moving along !!! what's everyone doing for shore trips ??. We have been to Grand Cayman a few times, (would love to retire there glorious sunshine and NO tax). We are going to go to Sting Ray City, we know Maddy will love it.

Costa Maya, only once way back in 2006, this time we are going to Maya Chan, a private allinclusive beach,they are putting on special party's when the Fantasy is in port.

Cozumel, our 6th visit,we always visit Chankanaab National Park, for some snorkelling !!, then back into San Miguel for some shopping (DW) and cheap cerveza's for me !!.

cheers

Iain.

We are excited about the Costa Maya stop, I know lots on this board say it's not worth getting off the ship, but Maya Chan sounds great. They are having Mayan days with a feast and snorkeling, kayak lessons and sand building contests for the children supervised by staff, so the adults can get a chance for a massage and nap in a hammock. Transport from the dock is included and I know we are not in port for very long, but we intend to make the most of it! PM either of us if you want more details:)

Maddiesmum03 - I wanted to read your wedding trip report, but did you know all your pics from the trip are gone? Just an FYI ;o)

Maddiesmum03 - I wanted to read your wedding trip report, but did you know all your pics from the trip are gone? Just an FYI ;o)

I noticed the photos had all gone some time ago, the site I hosted them on must be gone, I really need to do something about it, I have all the official photos no problem, but all my personal photos were all on my old PC and we are having trouble transfering the discs I saved them on onto this PC, once I've done that I can also post photos of our last Magic cruise and our ports of call.
I copied most of that wedding trip report to a word document and am in the process of making a scrapbook with it, but we may have reached a few more anniversaries before that project is finished!:goodvibes

FE Question

I was looking into my FE and figured out what I want to do...I'm not telling ;) but I have to order away for part of it. So my question is...do we have a cut off for accepting more FE participants? I looked around but didn't see one.

FE Question

I was looking into my FE and figured out what I want to do...I'm not telling ;) but I have to order away for part of it. So my question is...do we have a cut off for accepting more FE participants? I looked around but didn't see one.

We don't currently have a cut off date that I know of, but I agree that we should make one. I was reading a couple threads about FE. There were many comments about it getting to large with a lot of last minute people joining.

IMO 3 months out should be the latest to join. I also thought that if the late comers want to do FE there could be a second group for them. Or we could set a certain # of cabins and when we have that total we could begin a new group.

Wow this thread is really moving along !!! what's everyone doing for shore trips ??. We have been to Grand Cayman a few times, (would love to retire there glorious sunshine and NO tax). We are going to go to Sting Ray City, we know Maddy will love it.

Costa Maya, only once way back in 2006, this time we are going to Maya Chan, a private allinclusive beach,they are putting on special party's when the Fantasy is in port.

Cozumel, our 6th visit,we always visit Chankanaab National Park, for some snorkelling !!, then back into San Miguel for some shopping (DW) and cheap cerveza's for me !!.

cheers

Iain.

We have not nailed down what we are doing yet. Georgia wants to swim with the dolphins. I am not that keen on it but we probably will do that at one port. I wouldn't mind seeing some Mayan ruins if possible.

I noticed in the navigators that they are having a scrabble tournament on our first port day. I like scrabble and would like to participate, but don't want to miss a port:confused3:rotfl: I don't know why they wouldn't do it on a sea day.

We are excited about the Costa Maya stop, I know lots on this board say it's not worth getting off the ship, but Maya Chan sounds great. They are having Mayan days with a feast and snorkeling, kayak lessons and sand building contests for the children supervised by staff, so the adults can get a chance for a massage and nap in a hammock. Transport from the dock is included and I know we are not in port for very long, but we intend to make the most of it! PM either of us if you want more details:)

I did check out the website for Maya Chan and it looks nice. We might be interested. Were you looking at putting a small group together for the excursion? I noticed the price went down with the more people going.

7166539116_7497e28268_z.jpg

I did check out the website for Maya Chan and it looks nice. We might be interested. Were you looking at putting a small group together for the excursion? I noticed the price went down with the more people going.

Gilsan, have PM'ed you with the price ....:)
As for getting a group together, at the prices they are charging I have no doubt that they will fill the maximum of 40 guests they allow, but I would rather share the day with people we know;)

We don't currently have a cut off date that I know of, but I agree that we should make one. I was reading a couple threads about FE. There were many comments about it getting to large with a lot of last minute people joining.

IMO 3 months out should be the latest to join. I also thought that if the late comers want to do FE there could be a second group for them. Or we could set a certain # of cabins and when we have that total we could begin a new group.

3 months sounds good to me too, or limiting the group size as you suggest. We also need a cut off for the scavenger hunt, so there is plenty of time to print the sheets etc. All these things should be FUN, no one wants to stress over making or buying more and more gifts as the group gets larger and larger, not to mention using most of your luggage allowance to get it all to the ship:bitelip:
After all I need at least some of my 23kg allowance for my pirate night/halloween costume...at least I'm saving a few kg's by combining the two and bringing my DEAD pirate costume:rotfl:

3 months sounds good to me too, or limiting the group size as you suggest. We also need a cut off for the scavenger hunt, so there is plenty of time to print the sheets etc. All these things should be FUN, no one wants to stress over making or buying more and more gifts as the group gets larger and larger, not to mention using most of your luggage allowance to get it all to the ship:bitelip:
After all I need at least some of my 23kg allowance for my pirate night/halloween costume...at least I'm saving a few kg's by combining the two and bringing my DEAD pirate costume:rotfl:

We could do it by # of cabins and 3 months. Right now we have 14 yeses for FE. We could cut it off at 20-30, or August 27 2012, which ever happens first. For new people who miss the cutoff and still want to participate we could start a new group of FE for them.

I am not sure about how many cabins would be too many but I think between 20-30 is plenty. I know personally I don't want to do FE for 40+ cabins.

Maybe we should use the same criteria for the scavenger hunt.

I PM'ed you about Maya Chan.

Forgot to mention the drinks are all included too:goodvibes

We could do it by # of cabins and 3 months. Right now we have 14 yeses for FE. We could cut it off at 20-30, or August 27 2012, which ever happens first. For new people who miss the cutoff and still want to participate we could start a new group of FE for them.

I am not sure about how many cabins would be too many but I think between 20-30 is plenty. I know personally I don't want to do FE for 40+ cabins.

Maybe we should use the same criteria for the scavenger hunt.

I PM'ed you about Maya Chan.

:eek:the thought of making 40 gifts and delivering them all has brought me out in a cold sweat! could everyone who has said yes to FE participation state the MAXIMUM number of cabins they would be happy to swap gifts with? I vote for 20 -30 same as Gilsan and I like the idea of having the cut off as 27th August too.

:eek:the thought of making 40 gifts and delivering them all has brought me out in a cold sweat! could everyone who has said yes to FE participation state the MAXIMUM number of cabins they would be happy to swap gifts with? I vote for 20 -30 same as Gilsan and I like the idea of having the cut off as 27th August too.

I agree I think 20 cabins should be the max per group of FE. We have 14 cabins signed up currently. If we reach 20 prior to August 27th we can start a new group.

If the there are only a couple we can add them to the original group. People joining after August 27 can do a new group for FE if they like. In the post August 27 group I would set a cut off of October 1, 2012

Any ideas for FE? If everyone agrees with the above I will add it to the front page.

Hey

I am really sorry guys but im going to have to pull out of the FE Exchange, Wedding Planning is getting rather hectic atm and combine this with extra long hours at work and me studying for my last accountancy exam I just dont think Im going to be able to put the time or thought into the FE that I would like to.

Really sorry again guys but I dont think it would be fair on all those people who I know would be able to put the time in:sad1:

On a brighter note, im loving this more active board and loving the photos, im getting more and more excited now!

Also did I read we had Packers Fans on here? Even though were in the UK we are big Packers Fans!!

Hey

I am really sorry guys but im going to have to pull out of the FE Exchange, Wedding Planning is getting rather hectic atm and combine this with extra long hours at work and me studying for my last accountancy exam I just dont think Im going to be able to put the time or thought into the FE that I would like to.

Really sorry again guys but I dont think it would be fair on all those people who I know would be able to put the time in:sad1:

On a brighter note, im loving this more active board and loving the photos, im getting more and more excited now!

Also did I read we had Packers Fans on here? Even though were in the UK we are big Packers Fans!!

I understand, I can't imagine trying to add FE gifts into all that! I will take you off the list.

I agree I think 20 cabins should be the max per group of FE. We have 14 cabins signed up currently. If we reach 20 prior to August 27th we can start a new group.

If the there are only a couple we can add them to the original group. People joining after August 27 can do a new group for FE if they like. In the post August 27 group I would set a cut off of October 1, 2012

Any ideas for FE? If everyone agrees with the above I will add it to the front page.

I agree with gilsan the max number of cabins should be no more than 20, in general with cabins spread thru out the ship it could be somewhat of hassle delivering the gifts. I think that if there are too many cabins to deliver to it may take away the fun of it. :confused3

And yes I'm a Packer fan, and I will admit to watching our very own DD on DWTS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter