The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

DIS Name: Smudge
Stateroom:6182/6184
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Me (Rich) 42, Lucy(41), Charlotte(6), Tom,(4) & Audrey(79)
Where From: Bristol, UK
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating: Life in General
Fish Extender (FE): YES
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: Maybe

Hello All,

This is like UK buses....wait for ages then 2 forums turn up at once! :yay:

Well we are really looking forward to this now....

Tinkers, what part of Bristol are you from? We're from Bris originally but now live in Bradley Stoke?

DIS Name: Smudge
Stateroom:6182/6184
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Me (Rich) 42, Lucy(41), Charlotte(6), Tom,(4) & Audrey(79)
Where From: Bristol, UK
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating: Life in General
Fish Extender (FE): YES
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: Maybe

Hello All,

This is like UK buses....wait for ages then 2 forums turn up at once! :yay:

Well we are really looking forward to this now....

Tinkers, what part of Bristol are you from? We're from Bris originally but now live in Bradley Stoke?

Welcome to the new thread Smudge!

My daughter will have just turned 7 before the cruise, I see your is 6.

My daughter works in Merchandise, Mickey's Mainsail & Castaway Cay.
That sounds like it would be a good job on the ship.

There are so many interesting jobs that you don't think of on the ships.

No worries at all I totally understand we can discuss through pms and on here until we think it's nessacary to do anything else. :goodvibes

Is everyone else happy with the basic plan for the scavenger hunt then we can get to work on it. :cool1:

I like the plan for scavenger hunt:)

My daughter will have just turned 7 before the cruise, I see your is 6.

Hi Gilsan,

Yes Charlotte will be 6 for the cruise and cant wait. maybe we can set up an email between them before the cruise or something?

I am liking the way that the scavenger hunt game is evolving. I can & will help out prior to the cruise in any way that I can. So sign us (or at least my kids) up for a "yes". I kind of like this idea or something like it:

I do like the idea of possibly handing out a scavenger hunt sheet early in the cruise & then having it turned in with photos and/or answers on the last day at sea to collect your goodie/prize bag.

Another thought is that maybe I could make up a scavenger hunt sheet with Day Of The Dead Trivia & the answers could be posted in various places around the ship. Maybe even on stateroom doors? It might be fun to give clues that lead to the answer locations around the ship. The only problem with that is that if we had quiz answers hanging around the ship they may only last for an hour or so before they were taken down by CMs or other people (unless they are on state room doors.) Maybe people participating in the FE program would be willing to post a single answer on their door & the people with the quiz sheet would have to figure out which blank the answer goes in. Then turn in the filled up sheet for the goodies/prize bag on our last day?

Lots of possibilites for sure. Just keep me posted on what I can do to design a trivia/quiz sheet. I won't be much help thinking up locations since I have never been on the Dream or the Fantasy ship/s. I could however think up Day Of The Dead knowledge questions. I also have no problem designing the pages. I may not be as much of a disigner as you gilsan (AWESOME job on the Halloween graphic) but I know enough to create something useful and pretty. I also have a broker account with a printer & can look into print costs.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just throwing out ideas & am open for anything. I will be much more available this summer when my kids are out of school.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE :lovestruc the idea of putting the answers to the DOTD quiz sheet on our cabin doors, that would tie in so well with the FE exchange!, I'd never looked at the price of magnetic paper before, but it's actually more reasonable than I thought it would be, it wouldn't be difficult to print these answers out to give to peeps at sailaway, or wherever we are having our DIS meet would it?
All these ideas are comming together nicely now!
I think that together we can create a unique experience that will add to the excitement of cruising Disney, on the Fantasy, with likeminded DIS people, at Halloween :goodvibes
Disneyorbustcolorado, as Staceyl0u says, it will be easy for us to comunicate through PM's if you don't want to join us on facebook, but your input would be invaluable.

I also love the idea of putting answers on doors but I can see a couple of faults in that one, there are some lovely people on board who maybe find it funny to swap the answers or remove them altogether I know it happens very rarely but I have heard of kids taking magnets and this would be just as easy?

Also if we were setting up clues to take pictures places etc and answering questions where people had to go to said place even though we have four/five days to do it we need to make sure it's not going to take hours and hours of people's time as there is so much on the ship already everyone will be wanting to do.

All that being said I do love the idea and am wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to get around those, not putting blocks in the way!!:goodvibes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE :lovestruc the idea of putting the answers to the DOTD quiz sheet on our cabin doors, that would tie in so well with the FE exchange!, I'd never looked at the price of magnetic paper before, but it's actually more reasonable than I thought it would be, it wouldn't be difficult to print these answers out to give to peeps at sailaway, or wherever we are having our DIS meet would it?
All these ideas are comming together nicely now!
I think that together we can create a unique experience that will add to the excitement of cruising Disney, on the Fantasy, with likeminded DIS people, at Halloween :goodvibes
Disneyorbustcolorado, as Staceyl0u says, it will be easy for us to comunicate through PM's if you don't want to join us on facebook, but your input would be invaluable.

I also love the idea of putting answers on doors but I can see a couple of faults in that one, there are some lovely people on board who maybe find it funny to swap the answers or remove them altogether I know it happens very rarely but I have heard of kids taking magnets and this would be just as easy?

Also if we were setting up clues to take pictures places etc and answering questions where people had to go to said place even though we have four/five days to do it we need to make sure it's not going to take hours and hours of people's time as there is so much on the ship already everyone will be wanting to do.

All that being said I do love the idea and am wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to get around those, not putting blocks in the way!!:goodvibes

if there were only a few of the answers on doors, and even then people may know the answer without seeing the word on a door magnet, if people weren't doing the FE exchange, or didn't want to bother looking it wouldn't really matter that much (unless they were adamant they wanted to win the extra prize:)
we could give a couple of identical word answer magnets to chosen people to put on their doors and if one went missing then another one could replace it, if that one also went walkabout then I'm sure if someone was happy to have the magnet there in the first place, they would also be happy to "stick" the answer on a slip of paper to their fish, or sticking out from under another magnet etc. I think it just adds an extra fun element to an already exciting scavenger hunt!

Oh yeah I never thought about duplicating them! :rolleyes1 that would be the most sensible choice!

Also on an entirely separate note after creeping on other peoples ideas I've noticed some people are doing postcard recipe exchanges and ordering personalised lanyards for the cruise which work out at about 1.90 each, any thoughts?

if there were only a few of the answers on doors, and even then people may know the answer without seeing the word on a door magnet, if people weren't doing the FE exchange, or didn't want to bother looking it wouldn't really matter that much (unless they were adamant they wanted to win the extra prize:)
we could give a couple of identical word answer magnets to chosen people to put on their doors and if one went missing then another one could replace it, if that one also went walkabout then I'm sure if someone was happy to have the magnet there in the first place, they would also be happy to "stick" the answer on a slip of paper to their fish, or sticking out from under another magnet etc. I think it just adds an extra fun element to an already exciting scavenger hunt!

DIS Name: MaryKLady
Stateroom: TBD
Names/Age(s) at sailing: I'm Jen, 37 sailing with DD Ashleigh, 9 and my friend who has never been on DCl Christina, 22
Where From: North Jersey
Dining - late or early: early
Celebrating: Girls Trip!
Fish Extender (FE): yes
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: yes, one kid, we can volunteer, no food allergies

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. I'm excited it's picked up since I was on last.

We just got back from a cruise on RCI's Oasis. While the ship was AMAZING it lacked the service I've come to know from DCL. My DH who couldn't care less about anything Disney..I know, it's tragic..actually said he is now a DCL convert! I'm so excited for our cruise!!!

Welcome to the new thread MaryKLady!

There is fair number of girls around the same age as your daughter. It is interesting to hear that about RCI. We went on our first cruise last year, the Dream, and really enjoyed it. So I have been looking at other lines with different itineraries. Celebrity has an interesting wine tour cruise.

Oh yeah I never thought about duplicating them! :rolleyes1 that would be the most sensible choice!

Also on an entirely separate note after creeping on other peoples ideas I've noticed some people are doing postcard recipe exchanges and ordering personalised lanyards for the cruise which work out at about 1.90 each, any thoughts?

I might be interested in doing these. How does the postcard recipe exchange work?

I don't think the scavenger hunt should take to long especially if some of the area's are spots we would be anyways ie theatre, restaurant. I agree there are too many things on the ship to fit them in 7 days plus ports;)

DIS Name: cat98c
Stateroom: 6656
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Catherine(36) and Andrew(36)
Dining - late or early: late
Celebrating: Halloween - our favorite holiday!
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: no

Excited to see there are so many people on this cruise - I didn't even think to look here until yesterday!

MaryKLady - where are you from in North Jersey? We're in Wyckoff. Nice to have some local folks on board!

Hi, the postcard recipe exchanges looks like you each by a set of postcards from where you live, write a family/local recipe on the back and deliver them to the other people in the group. :) It looks like a nice idea and I'm always looking for new recipe ideas, this would work especially well as we are such a diverse group so far. :cool1:

I might be interested in doing these. How does the postcard recipe exchange work?

I don't think the scavenger hunt should take to long especially if some of the area's are spots we would be anyways ie theatre, restaurant. I agree there are too many things on the ship to fit them in 7 days plus ports;)

Excited to see there are so many people on this cruise - I didn't even think to look here until yesterday!

MaryKLady - where are you from in North Jersey? We're in Wyckoff. Nice to have some local folks on board!

Jersey's in the house!!! Montville and Rockaway

Welcome to the board cat98c! Halloween is my favourite holiday as well. We were in Florence last year at Halloween, not the same as North America.

Hi, the postcard recipe exchanges looks like you each by a set of postcards from where you live, write a family/local recipe on the back and deliver them to the other people in the group. :) It looks like a nice idea and I'm always looking for new recipe ideas, this would work especially well as we are such a diverse group so far. :cool1:

I really like this idea, it is nice because you can do it ahead of time and won't take up much room in the luggage:thumbsup2

Castaway Cay

6975076400_7153368660_z.jpg

I really like this idea, it is nice because you can do it ahead of time and won't take up much room in the luggage:thumbsup2
I would love this as well - lots of fun and always looking for new recipes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter