The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

I have a bag of gold coins and other pirates treasures from a pirate treasure hunt I was in the midst of organising last year like everyone else I'm happy to organise clues etc and if it's only for an hour I'm happy to volunteer on the starting block on the day.

But I digress we could use the coins as something to collect from each station depending how many kids there are and if they have say five at the end they can trade them in for a goodie bag? If we make it family based and the final goodie bag family based then groups based on a cabin could join in and limit the clues etc needed and would be a nicer prize at the end if the 'entry fee' was a gift for the goodie bags for example I have pirate playing cards, or snack size mars bars, or a pirates eye patch?

DIS Name: jeffann6
Stateroom: 8186
Names/Age(s): Jeff/Ann/DD Rachel (23)
Where From: Wisconsin
Dining - late or early: early
Celebrating: n/a
Fish Extender (FE): Y/N/Maybe :yes

Welcome jeffann6 !!!! are you Packer fans ??:thumbsup2

Here is a picture of our room. It very nice with lots of storage!
7121154959_4eb9aa5977_z.jpg

I have a bag of gold coins and other pirates treasures from a pirate treasure hunt I was in the midst of organising last year like everyone else I'm happy to organise clues etc and if it's only for an hour I'm happy to volunteer on the starting block on the day.

But I digress we could use the coins as something to collect from each station depending how many kids there are and if they have say five at the end they can trade them in for a goodie bag? If we make it family based and the final goodie bag family based then groups based on a cabin could join in and limit the clues etc needed and would be a nicer prize at the end if the 'entry fee' was a gift for the goodie bags for example I have pirate playing cards, or snack size mars bars, or a pirates eye patch?

This is a much better idea than having children TOT and an adult scavenger hunt seperate. Perhaps rather than gold coins we could have all the clues on one sheet with spaces to add a sticker at each station and the helper at that station would just need to hand out "sugar skull" stickers or some such thing to represent our day of the dead theme. A completed sheet = goodie bag. This would certainly simpfy things
- we wouldnt need to collect goodies before hand, they can be shared out between starting the hunt and the first team back to base. No one would need to spend time sharing out bags, or sharing their cabin with loads of sweets
- we wouldnt need to give identifying badges/bags to each person, just one sheet per family. The helpers wouldn't have trouble handing out gifts, just a sticker on each sheet
- Random folk would be less likely to try to join in, as there wouldnt be people sitting around giving out bags of candy except at the end point
- Regardless of final numbers of applicants, if all the clues are on one sheet each family could choose the order they complete the clues, so helpers would not be overwhelmed and we could not run out of prizes as more applicants = more goodies. We would just need ample stickers and clue sheets.

Gilsan - I agree with your opinion on candy bars, I'm sure I can find room in our case for some UK chocolates;) I also agree with a cut off time, so perhaps it would be good to only expect folks to complete some of the clues to get their goodie bag...I would probably be miffed, if I had given to the goodie stash to then find I couldn't get the clues and win any back :bitelip:

My only disappointment with this is it won't take much planning. I was hoping for an excuse to have a commitee meeting with a drink of the day ( or two):rotfl:

Loving your ideas! If you are happy to and everyone else I'd love to do the before hand prep together then just ask people to volunteer on the day? :)

Maybe if it's just stickers and we rang ahead we could persuade cast members I.e guest services etc to have a sheet of stickers to stamp when people got to each station? Or would that be to ambitious?:confused3

This is a much better idea than having children TOT and an adult scavenger hunt seperate. Perhaps rather than gold coins we could have all the clues on one sheet with spaces to add a sticker at each station and the helper at that station would just need to hand out "sugar skull" stickers or some such thing to represent our day of the dead theme. A completed sheet = goodie bag. This would certainly simpfy things
- we wouldnt need to collect goodies before hand, they can be shared out between starting the hunt and the first team back to base. No one would need to spend time sharing out bags, or sharing their cabin with loads of sweets
- we wouldnt need to give identifying badges/bags to each person, just one sheet per family. The helpers wouldn't have trouble handing out gifts, just a sticker on each sheet
- Random folk would be less likely to try to join in, as there wouldnt be people sitting around giving out bags of candy except at the end point
- Regardless of final numbers of applicants, if all the clues are on one sheet each family could choose the order they complete the clues, so helpers would not be overwhelmed and we could not run out of prizes as more applicants = more goodies. We would just need ample stickers and clue sheets.

Gilsan - I agree with your opinion on candy bars, I'm sure I can find room in our case for some UK chocolates;) I also agree with a cut off time, so perhaps it would be good to only expect folks to complete some of the clues to get their goodie bag...I would probably be miffed, if I had given to the goodie stash to then find I couldn't get the clues and win any back :bitelip:

My only disappointment with this is it won't take much planning. I was hoping for an excuse to have a commitee meeting with a drink of the day ( or two):rotfl:

Loving your ideas! If you are happy to and everyone else I'd love to do the before hand prep together then just ask people to volunteer on the day? :)

Maybe if it's just stickers and we rang ahead we could persuade cast members I.e guest services etc to have a sheet of stickers to stamp when people got to each station? Or would that be to ambitious?:confused3

Lets not depend on cast members just in case they don't deliver on the day!, I am happy to do the stickers and clue sheets, but need the expertise of someone such as yourself who has been on the dream to head up the clues.
Is that OK with everyone else? that Staceyl0u and myself co-ordinate the scavenger hunt ahead of time?
DisneyorbustColorado - would it also be OK to use your knowedge of Day of the Dead to tie in the topic within the clues and perhaps create an information sheet that we could add to each goodie - or should I say calaverita bag!?
we would then just need volunteers on the actual day. Gilsan, I am also happy to help co-ordinate on the day. I like to see a project through to the end:goodvibes

Lets not depend on cast members just in case they don't deliver on the day!, I am happy to do the stickers and clue sheets, but need the expertise of someone such as yourself who has been on the dream to head up the clues.
Is that OK with everyone else? that Staceyl0u and myself co-ordinate the scavenger hunt ahead of time?
DisneyorbustColorado - would it also be OK to use your knowedge of Day of the Dead to tie in the topic within the clues and perhaps create an information sheet that we could add to each goodie - or should I say calaverita bag!?
we would then just need volunteers on the actual day. Gilsan, I am also happy to help co-ordinate on the day. I like to see a project through to the end:goodvibes

Sorry I haven't been on the ship before! But I have helped organise different events and scavenger hunts in my home town since I was about 15. I'm happy to help on they day too I'm sure we can play with times and stuff so none of us miss out on anything with our family's. :yay: also I did something about day of the dead a couple of years ago the more I read the more I remember reading before lol :confused3

Gmilligan
Stateroom 5666
Name Candice and Greg
Where From Tennessee
Dining - late
Celebrating: Anniversary
Yes to FE
maybe to the trick or treat or scavengerhunt

Sorry I haven't been on the ship before! But I have helped organise different events and scavenger hunts in my home town since I was about 15. I'm happy to help on they day too I'm sure we can play with times and stuff so none of us miss out on anything with our family's. :yay: also I did something about day of the dead a couple of years ago the more I read the more I remember reading before lol :confused3

Silly me, I dont know why, I thought you had cruised on the Dream, Gilsan, ( or anyone else who has cruised on the Fantasy's sister ship)would you be able to give us the heads up on appropriate clue station locations please? (thats a mouthful, there must be a better name for them!)
Staceyl0u, you must have had great fun organising your scavenger hunts, I'm sure our "little" DIS event will be easy peesy in comparison!, mind you, for all we know there might be hundreds more people join our thread in the next 6 months:bitelip:

Silly me, I dont know why, I thought you had cruised on the Dream, Gilsan, ( or anyone else who has cruised on the Fantasy's sister ship)would you be able to give us the heads up on appropriate clue station locations please? (thats a mouthful, there must be a better name for them!)
Staceyl0u, you must have had great fun organising your scavenger hunts, I'm sure our "little" DIS event will be easy peesy in comparison!, mind you, for all we know there might be hundreds more people join our thread in the next 6 months:bitelip:

I can help with finding clue stations. I added to the thread that you guys are organising the scavenger hunt and to PM you if they can volunteer.

DIS Name:paulfamily4
Stateroom: 7060
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Meg (37), Jeff (38), Brenna (10), Mac (7)
Where From: St Charles, IL (about 1 hour west of Chicago)
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating:family
Fish Extender (FE): Y/N/Maybe YES YES YES
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: Y/N/Maybe YES (for the 2 kids and I will certainly help out.... just tell me what to do. No allergies)

We are so excited to be going and that things are starting to heat up on the board. This is our second cruise. Our first was to Alaska last June.

We are certainly up for the FE.... we have to pull out the one that we made last year, in the hotel - 2 hours before departure, with fabric and a stapler and Iron!!!!

I will learn more about what was done last year on the cruise for the hunt, etc. I am not all the familiar, but we certainly would love to participate - just tell me what to do.

Also, if there are any 9-11 year old girls who might want to start pen paling with my daughter before we leave, that would be great. Brenna spent most of the Alaska trip with us, as she found it hard to make connections with other girls in the lab.... tweens!

DIS Name:paulfamily4
Stateroom: 7060
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Meg (37), Jeff (38), Brenna (10), Mac (7)
Where From: St Charles, IL (about 1 hour west of Chicago)
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating:family
Fish Extender (FE): Y/N/Maybe YES YES YES
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: Y/N/Maybe YES (for the 2 kids and I will certainly help out.... just tell me what to do. No allergies)

We are so excited to be going and that things are starting to heat up on the board. This is our second cruise. Our first was to Alaska last June.

We are certainly up for the FE.... we have to pull out the one that we made last year, in the hotel - 2 hours before departure, with fabric and a stapler and Iron!!!!

I will learn more about what was done last year on the cruise for the hunt, etc. I am not all the familiar, but we certainly would love to participate - just tell me what to do.

Also, if there are any 9-11 year old girls who might want to start pen paling with my daughter before we leave, that would be great. Brenna spent most of the Alaska trip with us, as she found it hard to make connections with other girls in the lab.... tweens!

Welcome to the thread. Good to hear you are able to help out on the scavenger hunt!

Maddiesmum03 has a 9yo on the cruise. My DD is 7 and she also didn't love the clubs because she didn't know anybody.

It would be nice if for the kids if they had an oppurtunity to "meet" some of the other kids before the cruise

I also agree with a cut off time, so perhaps it would be good to only expect folks to complete some of the clues to get their goodie bag...I would probably be miffed, if I had given to the goodie stash to then find I couldn't get the clues and win any back :bitelip:

Anyone who doesn't arrive by a certain cut off time could have their treat bag left in their FE.

I am sure the commitee could still manage a meeting at least a drink or two long:rotfl:

Anyone who doesn't arrive by a certain cut off time could have their treat bag left in their FE.

I am sure the commitee could still manage a meeting at least a drink or two long:rotfl:

good idea about the treat bag...and the drink...eh, meeting:banana::banana::banana:

paulfamily4, welcome! thank you for saying you will help on the day with the scavenger hunt, we shall certainly take you up on that!
Maddy will be 9 just a few days before we cruise, I have no worries about her not enjoying the Lab, in fact I don't think we will be able to keep her out of it, if our cruise on the magic when she was 4 is anything to go by! but I'm sure she would love to "meet" some more of the kids who will be on board either on line or good old fashioned post!

Gmilligan
Stateroom 5666
Name Candice and Greg
Where From Tennessee
Dining - late
Celebrating: Anniversary
Yes to FE
maybe to the trick or treat or scavengerhunt

Gmilligan...welcome:) which anniversary are you celebrating? is it a big one?

Can I just say that I am loving finally having this thread going!!!!:cool1: let's keep it up guys! :banana:

Also I have spoke to maddiesmum about it separately as we have both said we will try to organise the scavenger hunt but I personally am starting to maybe think if we could get away from needing volunteers on the scavenger hunt that might be better?

As we have so few people compared to last year at the moment and even if we end up with more, wouldn't it be nicer for everyone to be able to enjoy the scavenger hunt with their familys? As isnt this the whole point of a holiday?

I'm thinking taking photos at each location instead of recieving a sticker for your goodie bag at the end or answering a question about that location?

What does everyone else think? :confused3

Can I just say that I am loving finally having this thread going!!!!:cool1: let's keep it up guys! :banana:

Also I have spoke to maddiesmum about it separately as we have both said we will try to organise the scavenger hunt but I personally am starting to maybe think if we could get away from needing volunteers on the scavenger hunt that might be better?

As we have so few people compared to last year at the moment and even if we end up with more, wouldn't it be nicer for everyone to be able to enjoy the scavenger hunt with their familys? As isnt this the whole point of a holiday?

I'm thinking taking photos at each location instead of recieving a sticker for your goodie bag at the end or answering a question about that location?

What does everyone else think? :confused3

That is an excellent idea!

Perhaps we could give out the scavenger hunt clues on the first day at a meet up, give a bag of candy, get a clue list. Then on November 1 we could do another meet up to check off clues and receive prizes. That would give everybody more flexibility for doing the scavenger hunt on there own vacation time.

Volunteers would only need to divy up the prizes collected which also could be done whenever.

I also agree about the thread the old one only had 11 pages in 14 months and this one is at page 4 in one week!

I love the idea about taking pictures at each location. This really allows you to do it at your own pace and time. What a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter