The Family, Friends, Fun, Food, Five pounds (well 7 really) and....*UPDATED 12/31*

This will be my last entry as a PTR, I will continue will the festivities when I get back.
On a side note, this is my first trip with more than a basic camera. I will be taking two lenses and my tripod with me this trip. I really want to take some night photography, fireworks and dark rides. We will be hanging around at the parks on night EMH days so I can get some shooting in. This is the first trip that I am actually planning some shots that I would like to get. Normally, I just shoot what is in front of me. I am by no means a photograher, I have really just started taking this up as a hobby in the last year. So this should be fun.

Thanks for following along on my PTR and hope you stick around for the TR.

See ya real soon......:)
have a good trip daddy o!!! dont let the wind blow that hat off your head!:lmao:

Okay so the trip is over and I am back in the real world. I have been trying to fit in time to write this TR with getting caught up at work, home and whatever else is going on.

So…….here we go…..

The day before we leave is what I like to call “The Pre-Show” it’s like the build up to the big game. popcorn:: We actually stay at a hotel the night before our flight when we go away. We live about an hour and a half from the airport so to make a 6:30 am flight would not be pretty from home. :scared1: The price of parking for the duration of our trip is ridiculous at the airport, so for about $30 dollars more we stay at a hotel near the airport and have the airport shuttle do the driving for us, this stay also includes parking at the hotel.

IMG_6161-1.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

The big plus for my boys is that there is a pool and a waterslide in the hotel, there is also a hot tub that Daddy-O decided to take full advantage of as well.:thumbsup2

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

I asked the boys to smile and this is what I got......close enough I guess.:lmao:

IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

So after all of this fun it’s off to bed and ready for the big day, :yay: I set two alarms and have a wake up call for 3:30 am. Hey, I don’t want to miss the flight. Coming back is one thing but getting there is entirely another.

Up next Day 1- A plane ride, a meal with some old pals and a heck of a way to end any day!

Cool way to start the trip! My DD would not have wanted to leave the pool! :lmao::lmao:

Welcome back home!

Is this really Bruce from Finding Nemo or just a really good knock off?

Does Canada not have copyright laws? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ya we have laws, I always wondered how that Magic Forest theme park in northern Ontario got away with the whole Mikey and Millie Moose thing!!:lmao::lmao:

Good eye, I was wondering if anyone would spot that, I thought it looked exactly like him too.:thumbsup2

Cool way to start the trip! My DD would not have wanted to leave the pool! :lmao::lmao:

Truth be told it took a while to get them out. They love that place. When we got back my little one asked if we could go for a swim before we went home.:lmao:

The surprise video was priceless - what a great idea! I can't wait to read more!

Thanks for joining in :goodvibes and :welcome:

I will do my best to keep the updates coming! :surfweb:

Welcome back!

Good job on the pre-show with waterslides. That's a cool idea. Too bad your sons hated it so much. :lmao:

And that's not Bruce. It's a completely different and totally unrelated shark named Brooce. :rolleyes:

Nice that the kids got to blow off some steam before the flight! :banana:

So did you try out the slide? :confused3

Can't believe I've missed your report up until now. Looks like I picked a good time to find it though!

Welcome back!

Good job on the pre-show with waterslides. That's a cool idea. Too bad your sons hated it so much. :lmao:

And that's not Bruce. It's a completely different and totally unrelated shark named Brooce. :rolleyes:

They definately had a great time, it also gives Mom and Dad a couple of minutes to think before we leave. Just in case we forgot any last minute stuff.

:lmao:

Oh...that's good...I was trying to think of a name. :thumbsup2

Maybe Bryce? :confused3
But I agree, Brooce is probably the way to go. :thumbsup2

I think its official the Canadian look-a-like sharks name is Brooce.:lmao::lmao:

Um...

***IN***

:welcome: I think its only fitting that you joined the party.:thumbsup2

Can't believe I've missed your report up until now. Looks like I picked a good time to find it though!

:welcome:

No problem, glad you made it. :)

Nice that the kids got to blow off some steam before the flight! :banana:

So did you try out the slide? :confused3

Only problem is they get so wound up they can hardly sleep. But its totally worth it.

No, I didn't try out the slide the bubbles in the hottub had me at hello. :lmao::lmao:

I just realized I have not put a picture of our family up yet, so here we are……..

IMG_7306.jpg

Day 1 Part I - Let the games begin…..

Let me give you a quick snapshot of my morning,

- wake-up call 3:30
- try to get kids and wife up
- need coffee
- get luggage ready to go
- wife is up, try to get the kids up again
- get dressed, brushed, washed and ready
- still need coffee
- kids are up
- catch the shuttle
- get to the airport
- still need coffee
- wait in a huge line
- check our baggage (see you at the hotel)
- security check
- wondering if we will have to go through the full body scanners……it’s early and really cold…enough said
- remove shoes, belts, cell phones, empty pockets, have a stranger touch me in strange places….
- no scanners…whew
- did I mention I still need coffee
- walk to the gate
- finally get my coffee
- for some reason another security check, this time a weird machine pointed at me tells me I’m okay, Jonathan is not so the security guy pats him down. I guess we are high risk…a Canadian family of 4 going to Disneyworld…what are they planning!!
- get on the plane, watch a terrible movie with no sound because I refuse to pay for earphones.
- get offered a gross sandwich for $6 that they are nice enough to let us pay in US$ at par if we want…how generous of them.
- drink my complimentary “shot glass” of ginger-ale
- get off the plane
- I could use another coffee
- go through customs, Yes sir, no sir, …Canadian......for pleasure….going to Disneyworld…thank-you
- another security check, remove shoes, belts, cell phones, empty pockets, have another stranger touch me in strange places, joke to the wife about this being the most action I’ve had in weeks.
- did I mention I could use another coffee
- realize this time I have to collect my luggage off of the carosel and move it 10 feet to a big pile for Disney (strange)
- finally in the Orlando airport and get my second coffee
- grab the imitation monorail and get to the other side of the airport, go downstairs and after all of that I see this………….

IMG_6283.jpg

Needless to say any pictures before this would not have been pretty.

Finally…….Magical Express!!!!!!!
IMG_6282.jpg

From here on out I belong to the Mouse!!
IMG_6286.jpg

Matthew is getting tired, Jonathan decides to re-fuel on licorice, what a great Dad he has…
IMG_6292.jpg

That cold snap sure has taken its toll here, the grass is very brown.
IMG_6297.jpg

Shhhhh…..the movie is starting.
IMG_6294.jpg

No, we don’t want to go to Tampa…..keep to the left please.
IMG_6301.jpg

The front seat has its privilages
IMG_6298.jpg

I see it in the distance….that wonderful sign!
IMG_6304.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!
IMG_6305.jpg

You know you are getting close when you see this…..
IMG_6309.jpg

We are HOME…….Port Orleans Riverside. I feel relaxed already.....
IMG_6865.jpg

Con't on the next post....

con't from previous...

Check-in was great, very quick, we requested a room near the main pool and a quiet pool if possible, they put us in room 8611 in the Magnolia Terrace Building. Not too bad the main pool is across the bridge but still very close.
IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

Here is our room before we destroy it…..
IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6323.jpg

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

Bounceback…hmmmm…I will have to look into this…
IMG_6325.jpg

By this point we are starving, we hit the food court and grab a bite to eat.

con't on the next post

con't from previous....

I have this….Carrie had the same thing and the kids had pasta.
Not gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but it filled the void.
IMG_6328.jpg

We bought these of course…..hey I know that guy!!
IMG_6329.jpg

Kids are ready for the pool, our luggage was not there yet but we have done this before and we always bring the kids swim trunks in the carry-on just in case.
IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

By this point they thought they were getting good and were pretending they were surfing.
IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6360.jpg

Next up…..Our dinner with some old friends and the finale to our first day….

Just joining in... Enjoying the trip report so far. Fascinating- Canadians look strikingly similar to Americans! Who knew?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter