The Family, Friends, Fun, Food, Five pounds (well 7 really) and....*UPDATED 12/31*

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by DisneyDaddy-O, Dec 10, 2009.

1. itJeff

itJeff I'm just not so sure how well this plan was though

That doesn't sound half bad.
    :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FreezinRafiki

FreezinRafiki Cold enough for ya?

Deep fry that thing and I'm totally on board! :thumbsup2

4. DisneyDaddy-O

DisneyDaddy-O Dis Dads Club Member #286

Okay just a quick update today,

So far we have our flights confirmed and have just booked our resort stay. :cool1:We are staying at POR for nine nights. :woohoo: We are going to have 7 day hopper passes and now I have to begin my itinerary. I should have my spreadsheet ready tomorrow. Yes, I create a spreadsheet. :thumbsup2

Time to make some ADRs, wish me luck.

5. Disnydad

Disnydad DVC Member -- OKW

A spreadsheet? Waayyy too much planning. I just jot down a list of beers to try in Epcot. :drinking1

6. trennr

trennr DISDad #104

:worship: spreadsheet

Now do you have a sheet with all the park hours...
    ...color coded for EMH AM and PM? :rolleyes1

7. FreezinRafiki

Spreadsheets are for rookies. I memorize all park hours, ADR numbers, show times, Extra Magic Hours and restroom locations for every park for every day of our stay.

Yeah right. I put it all in my Blackberry. :rotfl2:

8. itJeff

itJeff I'm just not so sure how well this plan was though

I have three spreadsheets, a couple of cheat sheets, a couple of resort maps and a touring plan in my 'vacation 2010' folder right now.... more to come I'm sure. I'll condense alot of it before we go and put stuff on my BB as well. :thumbsup2

Fail to plan, plan to fail.
    :cool2:

9. DisneyDaddy-O

Welcome, but with the spreadsheet, you would know which day had EMH in Epcot therefore giving you more time for said beer tasting:lmao:

yes, yes I do. :lmao: It also includes attraction times, which have there own color. I think I have a problem and need help.:rotfl2:

You got it fellas, I try to plan but not overplan. My DW and I decided that we would make 5 ADRs for the 9 days and wing it for the rest of them. I will have my itinerary up soon.

10. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

...and with a separate column showing the average wait times and standard deviations depending on the time of year/weather forecast for each attraction?

Uh...yeah, me neither. :rolleyes1

11. DisneyDaddy-O

I see nothing wrong with any of these suggestions. :lmao:

12. DisneyDaddy-O

Here is a copy of my spreadsheet, I will list daily events as I confirm. This is a working copy. Basically the columns are the days and all the events fall into the columns. (See below spreadsheet for official itinerary)
    ADRs for Jan are not too bad usually so wish me luck. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

Here is the official itinerary

Friday (No park)
    Chef Mickey's for Dinner (confirmed)
    Head over to the Poly beach to watch “Wishes” (Thanks Mark, Captain Oblivious)

Saturday (DHS)
    Mama Melrose for Dinner (confirmed)
    Watch “Fantasmic”

Sunday (Magic Kingdom)
    No ADRs yet
    Watch “Wishes” and hang around for EMH

Monday (EPCOT)
    No ADRs yet (confirmed)
    Maybe go back for Illuminations or DHS for EMH

Tuesday (No park)
    HDDR (confirmed)

Wednesday (Animal Kingdom)
    1900 Park Fare for breakfast (confirmed)
    EMH

Thursday (EPCOT)
    LeCellier for lunch
    Maybe stay for the day and watch Illuminations

Friday (?)
    No ADRs yet

Saturday (Magic Kingdom)
    No ADRs yet
    We love to close out our vacation with “Wishes”

Sunday
    We go home :sad:

13. dvczerfs

dvczerfs DIS Veteran

IM HERE!!! daddy o , a pre trip report.:worship: i give you all the credit in the world!! :worship: nice trip spread sheet, we do the same w/ park hours, adrs, emh etc... good luck on your pre and the trip report to follow. im pullin for you!:thumbsup2

14. Emma's Dad

Emma's Dad DIS Dad #115 8^) Virginia Beach, VA

OK... I'm here! I missed all the action so far. And I thought the spreadsheet was a requirement for all DIS Dads?? :rotfl2::rotfl2: We need to see the surprise on the kid's faces when you tell them you're going!
    Nice Pre-TR... and don't think I didn't figure out who you were referring to in your first post.... :rolleyes:

15. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Bonus points for the Disney font! :thumbsup2

16. DisneyDaddy-O

:welcome:

Thanks, the Adrs are still up in the air we have booked a couple and still trying to get the CM ADR on the first day. :headache:

:welcome:

Wouldn't dream of going without a copy of it in my pocket. I'm am still trying to come up with a way to tell them Christmas morning, I will have the video camera and camera in hand.:thumbsup2

I don't know what your talking about...:rolleyes1 :lmao:

:thumbsup2

17. DisneyDaddy-O

I have updated my itinerary with confirmed ADRs :thumbsup2 and park days, we are also going to see "The Pianoman" at POR one night. (not sue which yet)

We did go to Ohanas last year for breakfast and it was just ok for me. (Been there done that)

Anyone have any suggestions for dining options that would appeal to 4 adults, 2 boys 10 and 8 and a little girl who is about 1-1/2?:confused3

Keep in mind that the people we are travelling with are first timers and the spreadsheet may have freaked them out a bit. I really can't see why it would.:confused3:lmao:

They have decided to just follow us (as much as they can with the little one) so I think I need a little help. The little girl loves the princesses, so I ask, would my boys be completely out of there element at 1900 Park Fare or do you think they would enjoy it as well. This princess thing is quite new to me.

18. trennr

trennr DISDad #104

Nice Spreadsheet...Walt-o-Graph Font and everything. :banana:

Merry Christmas :santa:

19. FreezinRafiki

The boys will not be out of their element at 1900. If you go for dinner it's Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step mother and step sisters. The step sisters are certainly not "princess-y" and very entertaining - even for the boys. Breakfast is with Alice, the Mad Hatter and Pooh. I haven't been there for breakfast, but would recommend dinner. And the strawberry soup... yummy!

20. DisneyDaddy-O

The Surprise.

This is how we surprised our kids on our upcoming trip, I needed to add a few minutes of one of their favorite shows to make it legit. I placed a DVD on the tree that said "play me" on it. This was given to them on christmas morning. You can start watching at the 3 minute mark to avoid having to watch Spongebob unless of course you like it.:lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfawNWF5ks4

21. DisneyDaddy-O

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you and your family.:santa:

I didn't realize that the breakfast characters were different, cool. Maybe we will still go for dinner, I have seen some pictures and some video of the step sisters and now know what you mean, they are hilarious!:lmao: