The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having dinner at V&A's on our anniversary. Can we split the wine pairings (1/2 a glass each)?
They will not split the pairings. But there is nothing to prevent you from sharing. Just be aware that the wine for each course will be based on what the person who has the pairings will be served.

That is incorrect. They WILL split the pairings - but you each get three full glasses, not a half-glass each.

DrGaellon said:
That is incorrect. They WILL split the pairings - but you each get three full glasses, not a half-glass each.

Wouldn't that be costing them twice as much? :/

When you "split" the pairings, each guest gets to choose three of the six glasses. They stopped doing half-pours because the staff were over pouring.

DrGaellon said:
When you "split" the pairings, each guest gets to choose three of the six glasses. They stopped doing half-pours because the staff were over pouring.

Ohh. I understand now. Thank you.:-)

Going to dinner in just over 2 weeks it will be my fourth time but it has been quite a few years since the last visit. Anything out of the ordinary that has changed...aside from menu of course!

1) Somewhat contrary to what others have posted, not everyone is super dressed up. Many men wear blazers and slacks (even dressy khakis) and collared shirts without ties. I usually get very dressed up, however (just short of black tie).

We are going to be dining here for the first time in August. My husband is pretty much squared away...but I'm very curious about how dressy the dress needs to be for females? I was planning on wearing what I thought was a nice dress with strappy black heels. But it is no where close to formal. It is dressy enough that I've worn it for nice meals, deployment homecoming, and Easter Vigil. Should I be looking for something more?

Also, we are staying at the Contemporary...should we spring for a taxi or drive over instead of the monorail? Would it be tacky for the monorail? Sorry...for all the questions, just nervous and want to make sure I don't feel uncomfortable there and not enjoy the experience, or the food.

Thank you!

momof2mouseketeers said:
We are going to be dining here for the first time in August. My husband is pretty much squared away...but I'm very curious about how dressy the dress needs to be for females? I was planning on wearing what I thought was a nice dress with strappy black heels. But it is no where close to formal. It is dressy enough that I've worn it for nice meals, deployment homecoming, and Easter Vigil. Should I be looking for something more?

Also, we are staying at the Contemporary...should we spring for a taxi or drive over instead of the monorail? Would it be tacky for the monorail? Sorry...for all the questions, just nervous and want to make sure I don't feel uncomfortable there and not enjoy the experience, or the food.

Thank you!

It should be fine.:-)

The restaurant wouldn't see if you did the monorail, since its in the hotel, would they?

Dh and I are taking the monorail.:-)

It should be fine.:-)

The restaurant wouldn't see if you did the monorail, since its in the hotel, would they?

Dh and I are taking the monorail.:-)

True:)
I was thinking more about what the people on the monorail would think...but I guess it really doesn't matter, so one less worry for me! :)

momof2mouseketeers said:
True:)
I was thinking more about what the people on the monorail would think...but I guess it really doesn't matter, so one less worry for me! :)

Nah. We dressed up to go to Fultons last time. Got lots of stares on the bus, but several compliments. We loved it.

I have a link in my ptr of the dress I chose, last page or so.

I've been told lbd would have worked,though.:-)

I'm taking an improptu solo trip next week and I was able to get a res! :banana::banana:
It's an early one, just after 5pm, but that is ok for me since I know the length of the meal and it will be my arrival day. I'll be tired by 8pm...LOL!
So excited to be going!:woohoo:
Now I don't know what I'm going to wear....my closet is looking grim.:laughing:

My DH and I are going in November/December for the first time without the kids (well, since before the kids were born). We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and I am hoping to suprise him with the Chef's table one night (I am leaving all 7 nights open for now in hopes that it will be available one night). Does anyone have an idea of how hard that will be to get? We have done the main dining room several times and he thinks we are going there (so he packs his suit ;)) but i wanted to up the wow factor in honor of the 15th.

I'm taking an improptu solo trip next week and I was able to get a res! :banana::banana:
It's an early one, just after 5pm, but that is ok for me since I know the length of the meal and it will be my arrival day. I'll be tired by 8pm...LOL!
So excited to be going!:woohoo:
Now I don't know what I'm going to wear....my closet is looking grim.:laughing:

There is NO better excuse for a new outfit than Victoria and Albert's. :cool1:

Having dinner at V&A's on our anniversary. Can we split the wine pairings (1/2 a glass each)?
This 1/2 glass split of wine pairings stopped sometime after Dec, 2010. DW and I paid for one wine pairing and we were able to split it between us during our trip then. They served the appropriate wine for the individual course. We are light-weights and I couldn't imagine drinking a full glass with each course. It wouldn't look too dignified with me crawling across the floor at the GV after the meal! :lmao:

This makes sense. Thanks for the info. We hope to visit V&A again and this will work perfectly for us! :thumbsup2

Just booked our first dinner here in August to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Excited is an understatement.

I have looked up all about the dress code and the pricing. The one thing I can't find is can you pay with your KTTW card? We don't have a TIW card so we have been using our Target red card to buy Disney gift cards in order to pay off room charges. With my extra savings, I could at least save 10% off the meal which is better than nothing!

Just booked our first dinner here in August to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. Excited is an understatement.

I have looked up all about the dress code and the pricing. The one thing I can't find is can you pay with your KTTW card? We don't have a TIW card so we have been using our Target red card to buy Disney gift cards in order to pay off room charges. With my extra savings, I could at least save 10% off the meal which is better than nothing!

Yes, you can charge the meal to your KTTW card.

Have a great time!

Jill in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter