The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@2manypets - thanks for clarifying. that is what i figured. we are staying for 6 nights in november and i was hoping to surprise my mom with a rez at the CT for the two of us. from what ive read it sounds like even doing 180+6 for me there is a good chance it will already be booked during my entire stay by guests who arrive earlier and are staying longer and can do 180+10. oh well, hopefully we can "settle" for QVR as our backup plan

i called the v&a line and a young man told me that almost every single morning the CT is booked online at 6am by someone with 180+10. he said by the time they open at 9am and start taking calls it is almost always gone. however, you can ask to be put on a wait list for CT

My 180 is coming soon.. I've seen conflicting info..can Chef's Table be booked online, or do i need to call the V&A line directly?

I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner being the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's on our honeymoon. I was able to book it online.

@2manypets - thanks for clarifying. that is what i figured. we are staying for 6 nights in november and i was hoping to surprise my mom with a rez at the CT for the two of us. from what ive read it sounds like even doing 180+6 for me there is a good chance it will already be booked during my entire stay by guests who arrive earlier and are staying longer and can do 180+10. oh well, hopefully we can "settle" for QVR as our backup plan

i called the v&a line and a young man told me that almost every single morning the CT is booked online at 6am by someone with 180+10. he said by the time they open at 9am and start taking calls it is almost always gone. however, you can ask to be put on a wait list for CT

You can book the CT online. I was able to do it for June at 5 am central time.

Also... if you call V&A's directly... you can ask that you be put on a waiting list for the CT... I've done it and actually been called if someone has canceled. It's probably rare... but it does happen

I sent them the first e-mail with my questions and requests since the website won't let you put in a non-US phone-number. It won't even NOT let you put in a phone-number. So I put in their own....

But that meant it might be a good idea to contact them first :)

Just had an e-mail from V&A with regards to my requests (DH no cheese or tomato, me no seafood/onions/mushrooms/asparagus/anything cabbagy)
I'll get an alternative for the seafood-course which is good.

They even asked for some details so they could make sure everything would be just right.

Can't wait to see DH's face when I tell him where we are going to have dinner :goodvibes

Luckily we'll have the right clothes already with us since we will travel to the US by ship: Queen Mary II. That is a ship where you also dress up for dinner!
So no need to sneakily pack his suit....

CT and main dining room are separate links online. Maybe that's the confusion.

I wish I knew that at my 180 + 10!. I didn't realize there were two links for V & A (even though now I see the links right there in plain sight :rolleyes: ).

I really wanted the CT but by the time I got around to calling it was booked up.

Yesterday I ordered my normal Iced Tea. The Ice Cubes in the glass were brown. It turns out they now make ice cubes out of tea, so when a person orders Iced Tea, as the cubes melt they will not dilute the tea. Another touch of elegance.

Yesterday I ordered my normal Iced Tea. The Ice Cubes in the glass were brown. It turns out they now make ice cubes out of tea, so when a person orders Iced Tea, as the cubes melt they will not dilute the tea. Another touch of elegance.

That is awesome! It's the little touches like that that are making me so excited to dine there in October!

I would say no to khakis. We are talking pretty dressy. My husband always wears a suit and is not over dressed. And I would say around 3 hours average. The wine pairing is a must do. If you like wine even remotely, you will love the pairings. And every course in my opinion is amazing. Do it. You will not be disappointed.

Khakis and a blazer should be fine. Even in NYC at places like Per Se/Eleven Madison Park, you wouldn't be underdressed with khakis and a blazer. So long as it meets the dress code, wear what you want.

My search-fu isn't doing so well, so I apologize if this has already been noted.

V&A is closed for refurbishment June 30th through July 21st. I tried to make online reservations for July 2nd and nothing was available that week. I called the reservation number and the lady informed me the kitchen was being renovated during that time and thus they're closed. I moved my reservation back to the 29th, so I'm sure that will be an interesting "last" night. Too bad the wine cellar isn't part of the refurbishment, or I'd be willing to help drink it up so there'd be less to move...

Quick question--how does V&A work with the dining plan? I just snagged reservations online (quite unexpectedly!! but WOOHOO!), but I'm curious how much to budget for extras.

CuteAndFluffy said:
Quick question--how does V&A work with the dining plan? I just snagged reservations online (quite unexpectedly!! but WOOHOO!), but I'm curious how much to budget for extras.

I don't believe they take it, actually.

You can use the Tables in Wonderland card at V&A just not at the Chef's Table or the Queen Victoria Room.

I once asked them about it and was told that if they took it (which they do not do) the meal would take five entitlements and would not include any of the upcharge items.

it is one point on the platinum plan, and you can pay for any upgrades to the victoria room or Chef Table..if you can get the Chef's table...(tried again for our 10th anniversary - still no luck...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter