The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is awesome that you are so open minded and that you are willing to go to V&A for your husband to be able to experience it. It is so very sweet of you!

:goodvibes Thanks! I feel bad for him. It's not his fault he married someone w/ no taste buds. :laughing: If he could live on seafood, he'd be a happy man. Oh the irony. :laughing: He also had a job set up in FL when he met me 20 years ago and I had no idea he gave it up to stay in MN to be w/ me. I owe him much. :lovestruc :love:

:goodvibes Thanks! I feel bad for him. It's not his fault he married someone w/ no taste buds. :laughing: If he could live on seafood, he'd be a happy man. Oh the irony. :laughing: He also had a job set up in FL when he met me 20 years ago and I had no idea he gave it up to stay in MN to be w/ me. I owe him much. :lovestruc :love:

Aww, so sweet on both of your parts! I don't eat seafood at all but my husband loves it. We go places where he can get it. When we first started dating he didn't have a real taste for good food but I've helped him expand his horizons. I've even gotten him to eat some veggies! :faint: Recently I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease meaning I can't have gluten which is found in wheat, barley, rye and a few others. Lots of times when we go out to eat he won't eat the bread just because I can no longer have it. We were somewhere recently where I knew he LOVED their bread and I had to force him to eat it. Silly man!

I'm pretty upset that they will no longer let you order the Chef's Table menu in the regular dining room. That's what I was planning on doing if I can't get the Chef's Table. No way we can afford the Victoria Room, though, especially since we don't drink wine. I guess it'll be the regular menu for us - at least it'll still be spectacular, right?

I have what is probably a dumb question regarding the regular menu. How many courses is it? The menu looks as if there are only 3, but I could have sworn I read there were 6 somewhere. I've only done the Chef's menu once, and we were planning to order off of the regular menu the next time we go, but I'm confused as to what/how you order off of it.

Can anyone 'splain this to me?

Thanks

Hi Susan-

Divulge! Which restaurant does your nephew work at? We go downtown regularly- and wonder if we've ever been at his restaurant.

You'll love Vicky & Al's... go with an open mind and you'll probably love just about everything that they offer you!

Have a fantastic time!

He works at McCrady's. We went there for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful meal. We are really looking forward to V&A's.

Thanks for asking!

I have what is probably a dumb question regarding the regular menu. How many courses is it? The menu looks as if there are only 3, but I could have sworn I read there were 6 somewhere. I've only done the Chef's menu once, and we were planning to order off of the regular menu the next time we go, but I'm confused as to what/how you order off of it.

Thanks

bump

The main dining room used to do 6 courses, and the Chef's Table used to do 10 courses.

I haven't been in a couple of years, so that may have changed.
It's all wonderful though- and you'll need the extra time to digest the earlier courses to make room for the later ones.

Hope you get the chance!

Thanks

The progression of courses in the main dining room is:

Amuse Bouche - Typically 4 small bites from the chef to start your meal. In Sept 09 ours was a "celebration of summer tomato" which consisted of
1. Caprese Salad - Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella and Pinenuts
2. Roma Tomato Sorbet with Olive Oil Powder
3. Tomato & Fennel Custard served in an egg shell
4. Heirloom Tomato "paper" with Olive Oil Poached Octopus

Cold Appetizer

Fish Course

Hot Appetizer

Entree

Cheese or Gelato Course

Dessert Course

Thanks for that, Tinkerbelle, I was wondering myself!

I'm SO glad they give you a choice of cheese or gelato. I wish their was still a soup course, but as long as I have cheese, I'll live. :cloud9:

The progression of courses in the main dining room is:

Amuse Bouche - Typically 4 small bites from the chef to start your meal. In Sept 09 ours was a "celebration of summer tomato" which consisted of
1. Caprese Salad - Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes with Buffalo Mozzarella and Pinenuts
2. Roma Tomato Sorbet with Olive Oil Powder
3. Tomato & Fennel Custard served in an egg shell
4. Heirloom Tomato "paper" with Olive Oil Poached Octopus

Cold Appetizer

Fish Course

Hot Appetizer

Entree

Cheese or Gelato Course

Dessert Course

Thank you, I had the same Amuse Bouche in October, btw.

If I may ask, is there any way to determine from the menus online which choices coincide with each course?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, I'm just trying to decide if I should try the main dining room or go for the Chef's menu again.

Hey Everyone,

So I tried booking the CT this morning, with no luck. However, the CM asked if I wanted to book the QVR, and I asked her to describe it. She did, and said the price was identical to CT ($200), just in a different setting. I asked her to clarify that it was really only $200, and not $295, and she confirmed it was $200. So the wine pairing may not be mandatory. Has anyone else heard differently?

Also, I found out (the hard way) that (407) WDW-DVNA doesn't open it's lines until 9a (EST). So I was up a few hours early for no reason..ah well.

Spin

Hey Everyone,

So I tried booking the CT this morning, with no luck. However, the CM asked if I wanted to book the QVR, and I asked her to describe it. She did, and said the price was identical to CT ($200), just in a different setting. I asked her to clarify that it was really only $200, and not $295, and she confirmed it was $200. So the wine pairing may not be mandatory. Has anyone else heard differently?

Also, I found out (the hard way) that (407) WDW-DVNA doesn't open it's lines until 9a (EST). So I was up a few hours early for no reason..ah well.

Spin

I called three times to try to book the QVR for upcoming trip in February, and 2 people plus the manager told me the price was $295 whether or not you wanted wine. I was very upset, and I begged them to let me have the regular Chef's Table menu in the regular dining room instead so that I would not be forced to pay for unwanted wine pairings, but they refused. I called them 5 separate times. I even had the receptionist check with chef and manager and call me back, but the answer was the same: no more chef's table menu in regular dining room, and the price for the QVR would be $295 per person no matter what. I hope this has changed. We have already made a reservation for the regular dining room for that night and can't switch it now, so I haven't called back in the last week or so to check if the policy is changed. I will want to see an actual report of someone who has dined in the QVR and paid only $200 per person (w/o wine) to confirm.

I called three times to try to book the QVR for upcoming trip in February, and 2 people plus the manager told me the price was $295 whether or not you wanted wine. I was very upset, and I begged them to let me have the regular Chef's Table menu in the regular dining room instead so that I would not be forced to pay for unwanted wine pairings, but they refused. I called them 5 separate times. I even had the receptionist check with chef and manager and call me back, but the answer was the same: no more chef's table menu in regular dining room, and the price for the QVR would be $295 per person no matter what. I hope this has changed. We have already made a reservation for the regular dining room for that night and can't switch it now, so I haven't called back in the last week or so to check if the policy is changed. I will want to see an actual report of someone who has dined in the QVR and paid only $200 per person (w/o wine) to confirm.

Maybe the policy has changed since you called. You seem a bit confused about whether you called 3 or 5 times.

We ended up canceling our reservation all together. I just didn't think we'd eat any of the food.

Maybe the policy has changed since you called. You seem a bit confused about whether you called 3 or 5 times.

We ended up canceling our reservation all together. I just didn't think we'd eat any of the food.

I called FIVE TIMES but got answering machine twice and left message. Actually spoke to people 3 times. And my husband called a few other times over the course of a week. I don't think anyone knows what the policy is until someone eats there. The fact that they've taken down the website makes me think they don't have the details figured out. They should have worked out the details before posting on the new website. At first the website said the menu was $195, then it said $200. Then it was taken down. I told everyone I spoke to how the website made it appear that you could opt to not get the wine pairings and only pay $200, and they said, sorry, that's not how it is.
There is an older lady who answers the phone for V&A who seems to be very confused about the details of reservations.

I called FIVE TIMES but got answering machine twice and left message. Actually spoke to people 3 times. And my husband called a few other times over the course of a week. I don't think anyone knows what the policy is until someone eats there. The fact that they've taken down the website makes me think they don't have the details figured out. They should have worked out the details before posting on the new website. At first the website said the menu was $195, then it said $200. Then it was taken down. I told everyone I spoke to how the website made it appear that you could opt to not get the wine pairings and only pay $200, and they said, sorry, that's not how it is.
There is an older lady who answers the phone for V&A who seems to be very confused about the details of reservations.

There's definitely more than one person who answers the phone there. I've called twice, and never spoken to an older woman. Maybe you're just getting the wrong person.

I will try and post my menu from our dining experience when we are there on Valentines Day..... we are in the regualr dining room.... can't wait... so far DH still doesn't know about the surprise!!

There's definitely more than one person who answers the phone there. I've called twice, and never spoken to an older woman. Maybe you're just getting the wrong person.

I've spoken to several people, but the older woman is the one that is most confusing. She had to keep putting me on hold to check with people about my questions.
She has been at the one to check us in when we've eaten at V&A also.

I sent an e-mail to an individual I know at V&A and received the following signed by the general manager of V&A:

My apologies if the staff at the Victoria and Albert's reservations office were not able to answer the questions. The Information is part of their training material but I will use your comments for further training.

The answer to your questions are as follows:

1. There are two different price structures for the room.
*If someone is buying the room as a private room the contract price is 295.00 per person with a minimum price of $2,100.00 plus gratuity and taxes
*If multiple couples are seated in the room the price is 200.00 for Food and the wine pairing ($95.00) is optional

2. Cast and Tables in Wonderland discounts will not be accepted at the Chef Table or Queen Victoria Room

Package plans: The only package plan accepted at Victoria and Albert's is the Platinum plan. The value of this plan is 125.00 per person. Guest may opt to use the Platinum plan at the Chef Table or Queen Victoria Room and pay the additional balance with any other form of payment.

I hope this helps.

Best regards

So this is the official word!

Thanks, Cheshire Figment! Actually, I received a call from someone from V&A, saying the exact same thing. I left a message earlier in the day yesterday, and they called back in the afternoon stating exactly what you said (Buyout the room = $295...Share the room = $200 (+ optional Wine Pairing @ $95).

I'm sure any confusion before had to do with the newness of the room - can wait to go in August! :thumbsup2

Spin

Thanks, Cheshire Figment! Actually, I received a call from someone from V&A, saying the exact same thing. I left a message earlier in the day yesterday, and they called back in the afternoon stating exactly what you said (Buyout the room = $295...Share the room = $200 (+ optional Wine Pairing @ $95).

I'm sure any confusion before had to do with the newness of the room - can wait to go in August! :thumbsup2

Spin

I am glad this seems to be figured out. I am still really mad that b/c due to the fact that the staff didn't know the details of the room (or maybe b/c the details weren't finalized yet), I was not allowed to make a reservation for 4 people for the QVR. I was told that the price would be $295 per person regardless of whether we wanted the wine pairings or not. Now it is too late for us to change our plans and eat in the QVR b/c we have decided on a later reservation in the regular dining room. Oh well, maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter