The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by *NikkiBell*, Jul 16, 2009.

1. panthergirl

panthergirl Go Carolina Panthers!!

Aw - thanks! I think I'm the lucky one. They have been my little Disney buddies since they were 6. Kind of nice to be doing V&A instead of Chef Mickey's now. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. evedein

evedein Mouseketeer

It seems that most people how call at the 90 day window are told that the Chef's Table is already booked, often for their entire stay. So how does anyone get a ressie there? Also, what size group gets the Chef' Table? Is it a single group, or a few unrelated couples?

4. 2infinityandbeyond

2infinityandbeyond DIS Veteran

Luck, I guess. Our waiter at V&A's told us that the Chefs Table is booked every day within 30 seconds of the reservation lines opening.

It's your table for the night, up to a party of 8 (or is it 10?).

5. chell

chell <font color=red>Mushu's <font color=blue>Best <fon

We had a reservation here for last Monday but had to cancel because I got sick. I'm still heartbroken over it! I've wanted to dine here for so long now. Hopefully next trip we can make it.

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You pretty much have to be the first to get through. And it's 180 days now, not 90.

Only one group gets the Chefs Table - they won't combine groups. I believe that group can be up to 12 people (it could be 10 so dont take my word for it)

I definitely hope they don't actually book +10 for the chef's table, because if that is true, then locals or anyone who does not have a WDW resort reservation more than 180 days out can forget about it.

7. TheDISneyFamily

TheDISneyFamily <marquee><font color=peach>°O° DIS Friendship Pixi

Website is LIVE! :thumbsup2

Oueen Victoria's Room

This new dining experience is the most exclusive at Victoria & Albert’s – an elegant, intimate setting behind closed doors where French gueridon service – tableside finishes for diners’ pleasure and entertainment – is making a comeback. With just four tables and rich décor inspired by Old World dining rooms of London and Paris, the tone is set for a luxurious, leisurely evening. The sublime experience includes up to ten courses. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for sensational cuisine, the Queen Victoria’s Room takes dining to new heights.

Can't wait to try it! :goodvibes

8. TinkerBelle_325

TinkerBelle_325 Magical Musing Meg

All I can say is WOW!

The website is stunning, I wish my food pictures would turn out as well as those! Now I am dying to try that scallop (here's hoping it will still be on the menu in March :thumbsup2)

At first I wasn't sure I would be interested in the Queen Victoria Room, but now I'm intrigued!

9. Tink rules

Tink rules <font color=teal>The kids in my family sometimes t

YAY!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Now I have to convince My other half to go with me...

10. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

Dumb question, but when does the reservation line open?

11. GirlfromTN

GirlfromTN Mouseketeer

I called V&A today to find out about the new Queen Victoria room. The woman I spoke with seemed kind of confused about the new dining experience (since it doesn't begin until Feb 1). Either she is wrong, or the website is wrong. She said that every person will be charged $295, whether they want the wine pairings or not. She also said there is a set dining time for the Queen Victoria room (she thought it was 5:30 but was not sure). We won't be doing this if they force everyone to buy the wine pairings.

12. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Woah, um, that's pretty expensive, per person, if you don't drink wine. Also, 530 is pretty much lunch time.

13. GirlfromTN

GirlfromTN Mouseketeer

Agreed. The woman told me that you'd pay $295 per person no matter what, just for "the experience of dining in the Queen Victoria room." This doesn't match up with what's on the website (website says $195 menu, with $95 wine pairings). Plus, when I ate in the Queen Victoria room in December, it was COLD (I was freezing all night), seemed far removed from the "action" of the main room, was not decorated as nicely (with holiday decorations), and we could not hear the harp music well.
    Doesn't make much sense to me, b/c I am pretty sure that at the Chef's Table, the wine pairings are an optional add-on charge.
    I also dislike the seating times at V&A (either very early, around 530, or very late, around 830 or 845). I am just kind of disappointed overall with V&A right now - it appears that they launched the new website without really figuring out the details of the Queen Victoria room, or making sure the website was correct, or that the reservation staff knew what was going on. Plus, they apparently have not changed the menu at ALL since early December. For a restaurant that supposedly serves seasonal foods, selected on a daily basis by the chef....not impressive.

14. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

7am Eastern

15. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

16. mef78

mef78 How many days?

This is so cool! I was hoping it wouldn't be just a myth. Now I just have to figure out what I'm ordering... and how we're paying for it... :rotfl: Queen Victoria's Room menu

17. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

Going by their website, it seems like this is basically the chef's menu in a more elaborate setting. Am I missing something? We were able to get the same menu in the regular dining room.

18. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing - about half those courses I've already tried in the main dining room. I guess I was expecting them to serve something different.

19. Rip

Rip Proud Redhead

Same here, you can already get the chef's menu in the regular dining room, so Im' not sure why getting it in this new room make it worth that much more.

20. hoverpumpkin

hoverpumpkin Mouseketeer

Hm. It looks like the main difference is, there is somewhat more tableside preparation with Vicky's Room - so you get a little entertainment, yet it's more intimate than going for the Chef's Table.

However, I would NEVER pay that much just to see somebody flambe something that I could get more affordably just a room over. I think this is a case of Disney expecting people to pay more for perceived exclusivity (which, of course, some will).

If they were going to go through all the hassle of creating a new level of dining, I do wish they'd also done a different menu.

21. BriarRosie

BriarRosie <font color=blue>Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:<br>Cl

It seems that just about everything on that menu is on the menu I just had in October. I was hoping there were a few new original items.