The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight...

1.) The 10-course menu is now available to the Main Dining Room, but comes with a mandatory wine pairing for $340
2.) The QVR is $340 for that same exact 10-course menu, with the mandatory wine pairing.
3.) Chef's Table is $250 with an option for wine.

How does that work?
And is there now any advantage to getting the QVR vs the MDR 10 course?

As I understand it the main dining room the wine pairing is still optional; In the QVR the wine pairing is now mandatory; And in the Chef's Table it is still optional.

Below I copied this from the link above.

“Diners now have a choice of three distinct dining experiences with food-and-wine pairings in Queen Victoria Room, two menus in the main dining room and the Chef’s Table in the kitchen,” says Perez. “Whichever they choose, they will enjoy the finest quality ingredients and impeccable service.”

The seven-course menu is $185 ($250 with wine pairings); the 10-course menu is $235 ($340 with wine pairings). Dinner in the Queen Victoria Room is $340, and includes 10 courses paired with wine. The Chef’s Table in the kitchen is $250. The restaurant is open daily for dinner. For reservations, call 407-939-3862.

I am happy that I was able to experience the QVR a few weeks ago without having to pair it with wine. I get that it's their "pop stand" and they can do with it as they please. I also get that with only four tables they are wanting to maximize and further get into the pockets of those who walk through their doors. But with the incredible experience I was able to enjoy with my wife in the Queens Room I am very disappointed by this decision. I chose not to drink because of my own personal beliefs for myself. Yes, the main dining room is nice, and I"m sure I will dine there again, it just won't be in the QVR. Very disappointed indeed. :worried:

So let me get this straight...

1.) The 10-course menu is now available to the Main Dining Room, but comes with a mandatory wine pairing for $340
2.) The QVR is $340 for that same exact 10-course menu, with the mandatory wine pairing.
3.) Chef's Table is $250 with an option for wine.

How does that work?
And is there now any advantage to getting the QVR vs the MDR 10 course?

I think the QVR also has French gueridon service and is a more intimate setting.

Also, in the main dining room, you have the option of not having wine paired and a 7-course dinner.

I think those are the main differences now.

I think the QVR also has French gueridon service

I was told yesterday on the phone that the 10 course meal in main dining room also features some gueridon service as well.

As it was explained to me, the difference between the main dining room 10 course menu and the Queen Victoria's Room (besides the wine pairing) is:
In between courses in the QV room, chefs/the sommelier will come into the room and talk to you about your meal/the course you just had.
The menu for the QV room is different from the 10 course menu in the main dining room. The QV menu is based around the wines selected for the evening, whereas the menu in the main dining room is based on the chef's travels around the world and various international cuisines he wishes to feature.
The more intimate setting with a smaller room and four tables (and fireplace) vs the main dining room which is larger with more tables.

If you don't want the wine with your meal in the QV room, you're basically paying $105 extra for the setting, the opportunity to speak with the chefs, and the menu exclusive to the experience.

So here's a hypothetical question, would both guests have to order the 7 or 10-course meal in the Main dining room? I've never been before and was able to grab an ADR for 9pm on 9/11. We'll be spending the afternoon & early evening at the Polynesian pool & Trader Sam's Grotto, so we'd probably get a bottle of wine with dinner instead of a full pairing. I'm excited that I get to choose the 10-course, but don't know if my wife cares enough to. I guess there's enough time to wait and see what people think of the new changes in action and what the 10-course travel-themed menu entails

So here's a hypothetical question, would both guests have to order the 7 or 10-course meal in the Main dining room? I've never been before and was able to grab an ADR for 9pm on 9/11. We'll be spending the afternoon & early evening at the Polynesian pool & Trader Sam's Grotto, so we'd probably get a bottle of wine with dinner instead of a full pairing. I'm excited that I get to choose the 10-course, but don't know if my wife cares enough to. I guess there's enough time to wait and see what people think of the new changes in action and what the 10-course travel-themed menu entails

Guests together at 1 table are welcome to order the 7 or 10 course meal. The 7 course guest will just not be served any courses during 3 of the 10 courses. For instance there are 2 cold courses for the 10 course. 7 course will get 1 and then wait until the 10 course guest's 3rd course to come out.

Also, I don't believe the new policies take effect until October (unless they've changed that too). If so, you will still be under the 7 course in the main dining room for $150 pp.

Also, I don't believe the new policies take effect until October (unless they've changed that too). If so, you will still be under the 7 course in the main dining room for $150 pp.
I do wonder why they would post it now if the changes don't take effect for 3 more months. I'm waiting for a reply from the blog post.

One nice feature of a dinner at V&A that two of us in our party of 4 took advantage of was ordering some items from the vegetarian menu and some from the regular menu. They will allow you to mix and match. Everything we had was very good, although it, like everything at DW, is overpriced.

I didn't see it mentioned, but the Chef's Table is going down for rennovation for all of January and possibly into February. No word as to why.

I'm getting in a CT tasting in October and I'll test out this 10 course meal in the main dining room in January. When I spoke with Sarah (reservations) earlier this week, she suggested that the QVR meal is different than just a standard 10 course meal plus wine pairing, but I didn't think to ask what is different.

Still waiting for my V&A confirmation number for our November reservation so I can link with MDE. Was told to give it 2 more weeks back on July 6. Have people been getting call backs / emails to confirm?

Still waiting for my V&A confirmation number for our November reservation so I can link with MDE. Was told to give it 2 more weeks back on July 6. Have people been getting call backs / emails to confirm?

We called last weekend and received the same information ..... "Available in about 2 more weeks".

-Brian

We called last weekend and received the same information ..... "Available in about 2 more weeks".

-Brian
I know my fiance called and spoke with them last week and we were able schedule a table in the main dining room for 11/3 (the first night of our honeymoon). However, I'm not sure how late into November they are currently scheduling. The person she spoke with said that they would have been calling soon, but that she could go ahead and schedule for us at that time. We were able to get a 6:15 pm seating.

We have a 6:15 ADR for the Queen's room next month. MK is open until 11pm that night. Is it unreasonable to plan on going in to MK for a bit after dinner? or will dinner end too late for us? Thanks for any input!

I'm still waiting on a call back for the official reservation number, too (for November) so I'm glad to hear they're still working through the list. I didn't want to call if it would only take up their time.

Glad someone brought this up....

We had also been waiting for a confirmation for November 16. So last night, I called V&A :) We now have a Res number :).

As could be expected - V&A did everything RIGHT. The WDW Computer System failed them. But an interesting solution seems to have JUST been developed - and it is SIGNIFICANT.

We called V&A directly. V&A confirmed our Reservation, got the CC guarantee, and then, THEY CREATED THE WDW RES NUMBER DIRECTLY. It showed up on MDE within 20 minutes.

To my knowledge, this is the very first time a WDW restaurant has been empowered to act as a DIRECT dining reservation agent. And it's about time :).

Long story short? I believe you will be getting your callbacks VERY QUICKLY now.

Glad someone brought this up....

We had also been waiting for a confirmation for November 16. So last night, I called V&A :) We now have a Res number :).

As could be expected - V&A did everything RIGHT. The WDW Computer System failed them. But an interesting solution seems to have JUST been developed - and it is SIGNIFICANT.

We called V&A directly. V&A confirmed our Reservation, got the CC guarantee, and then, THEY CREATED THE WDW RES NUMBER DIRECTLY. It showed up on MDE within 20 minutes.

To my knowledge, this is the very first time a WDW restaurant has been empowered to act as a DIRECT dining reservation agent. And it's about time :).

Long story short? I believe you will be getting your callbacks VERY QUICKLY now.
I didn't get the promised call-back from V&A. I was reading that others were getting their call-backs and my dates were filling in fast. So I called V&A. They couldn't explain the goof, but changed my date from end of Sept to early October. This was done on July 2nd. I was told that they would change my MDE V&A dinner date to reflect the change (ADR number didn't change). They said to wait about a week to see the change. It's now been a month and 2 days. No change made by V&A to my MDE account. I will have to make another disappointing call to them. Feel like I didn't get any magical treatment from V&A.

Ugh reading this post is breaking my heart! We booked a last minute (by Disney standards) trip for October for my birthday and my family told me to go ahead and make a reservation (since it's all I've ever talked about for years) and they are totally booked out =(

If you're waiting and nervous (I was), just call. I just did, gave my CC and got a confirmation. We are going in late October, and they first said they'd get back to me in June, then late July. They said they were working through the list although I totally understand that the silence is unnerving. If you haven't heard, by all means, call and see if you can get your reservation confirmed.

In related news, we are over the moon to be going to V&A! Been on my Disney Bucket List for a while.

I just called and left another message.

Last time I spoke to someone about our upcoming October reservation was back on July 1st and they told me then that I would have a confirmation # within a couple of weeks and it would appear on MDE. Well, here we are a little over a month now and I still have nothing. I understand that "things" happen and that they are changing things up for F&W, but honestly, I made this reservation back in April and was told back then of how the process was going to work and so far nothing they've said would happen has. While I'm going to remain patient, this isn't something I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber.

I called yesterday and asked about the pricing. The new prices don't take effect until October.

I've never been before and was able to grab an ADR for 9pm on 9/11.
We also have a ressie for 9/11! Ours is at 5:30.

We have Chef's table at V & A in October and even with all of the "changes" I am looking forward to it! we have always eaten chef's table at least once a stay and the somalier (SP) is a fantastic guy! if you don't like the wine you are being served..TELL HIM! I'm not a huge wine drinker and I HATE red wine for the most part so we'll have to wait and see! I'm also looking forward to seeing what they have to offer with the F & W fest offerings! ALWAYS GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter