• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked dinner in the QVR for 6/9 at 5:00. I will be a solo diner. I am beyond thrilled! I decide on the QVR because I wanted all the many luscious courses and didn't want to be tempted to upgrade some of the courses from the regular menu.

I did V & A about 15 years ago and we did the wine pairing. WAY too much wine for me so I will skip it this time.

Will a solo diner feel awkward? I've dined solo many times and don't have any issues with it. Although, if I'm solo, I usually read a book on my phone or Kindle and I would assume that's probably frowned upon :rolleyes1

If you've dined solo at V & A, I'd love to hear your experience!

I have dined solo many times at V&A, mostly in the main dining room and once in the QVR. I have never felt awkward and have always had a superlative time. I usually take lots of photos and write in my journal during the meal. By the end of my meal in the QVR, all the tables of guests were interacting with one another and it became a bit of a party! You will love it!!

If you can catch the chef's table, go for it. You can always use the QVR as a back up if the chef's table is already taken. We did the chef's table a couple years back. Our actual 10 year anniversary date was already taken when I called at the earliest possible date, but we did manage to get the day after our anniversary.

We're still weighing out the QVR vs CT. From what I'm reading, they're now both 10 courses, as opposed to chef's being 13-14 previously? What's the difference in the wine pairing offer, does anyone know?

I'm just finding this thread, don't know how it took me so long. We have reservations for our anniversary in September for our inaugural trip to Victoria and Alberts. Its a surprise for my hubby, which hopefully he'll love. I've stayed away from V&A to date as we've eaten at some of the countries best restaurants and I didn't want to be disappointed. But after reading multiple reviews lately, I'm pretty sure we're gonna love it. Wine pairings here I come....

We're still weighing out the QVR vs CT. From what I'm reading, they're now both 10 courses, as opposed to chef's being 13-14 previously? What's the difference in the wine pairing offer, does anyone know?
From what I read, I'm under the impression that QVR and CT are identical in every way except the setting. The pairings are picked to match the courses and the courses are identical in the two rooms. I'd like to think CT may have some slight difference as you can give feedback to the chefs based on your experiences with the courses you try, but that's just wishful thinking.

From what I read, I'm under the impression that QVR and CT are identical in every way except the setting. The pairings are picked to match the courses and the courses are identical in the two rooms. I'd like to think CT may have some slight difference as you can give feedback to the chefs based on your experiences with the courses you try, but that's just wishful thinking.

Will both rooms handle menu preferences the same as CT? For instance if one of the couple doesn't like fish, etc. I've read a lot of reviews about the chef's adjusting the courses slightly for food preference (like red meat or no seadfood, etc.)

With the CT I've told them things I didn't like and they were fine with bringing me something else. I'm not a fish lover but they can make fish taste good if you like! if you have allergies, just let them know ahead of time.

With the CT I've told them things I didn't like and they were fine with bringing me something else. I'm not a fish lover but they can make fish taste good if you like! if you have allergies, just let them know ahead of time.

Cool! I was just giving some examples, there's 1 or 2 things my girlfriend will lose mind over matter and put it off lol.

I'm pretty sure everyone has those "things" I WILL NOT eat duck liver or liver of ANY KIND! there is NOTHING they can do to make it taste good! lol

I phoned V&A yesterday to make an ADR for the main dining room for end of September or early October. I was informed that reservations were only being accepted until end of September. It was explained that in a few weeks an announcement was forthcoming about a price change and new menu for October, somehow tied in with the Food&Wine festival at Epcot. The main dining would increase from $150 to $185 pp. Reason given for not booking October is to not disappoint a potential booked guest about the price change.
I was wondering as my 180+10 was today and except for the day we arrive, there were no tables available at V&A's. It seemed very strange to have no tables at all in October even though I didn't get to the ADRs until late morning. I took the 9/30 reservation.

I was wondering as my 180+10 was today and except for the day we arrive, there were no tables available at V&A's. It seemed very strange to have no tables at all in October even though I didn't get to the ADRs until late morning. I took the 9/30 reservation.
Make sure you get waitlisted for the other days. I was called within a few hours of waitlisting and got the day I wanted (which is rare to happen so soon, but with 180 days, someone will change plans).

Does anyone have a recent QVR menu? I will be going to V&As with my daughter in the next few weeks. I would love to have an advanced menu to read over while we finish our countdown. Thank you!

I'm just finding this thread, don't know how it took me so long. We have reservations for our anniversary in September for our inaugural trip to Victoria and Alberts. Its a surprise for my hubby, which hopefully he'll love. I've stayed away from V&A to date as we've eaten at some of the countries best restaurants and I didn't want to be disappointed. But after reading multiple reviews lately, I'm pretty sure we're gonna love it. Wine pairings here I come....

I don't think you will be disappointed. We weren't. Here are some the more well-known restaurants that we have eaten at in the past. This list isn't necessarily that prestigious. However, many of the chefs at these restaurants have been James Beard winners. V&A isn't a 4 diamond restaurant for nothing. It's a real distinction, not some bogus award. Definitely, get the wine pairings. It was awesome. Hope you have an awesome meal.

Emeril Lagasse - So many that I can't remember them all.
Brennan's in NOLA
Louis XVI in NOLA
French Room (Adolfus Hotel Dallas)
Nobu NY
Aquavit NY
Rubicon San Francisco
La Toque Napa Valley/Rutherford
Some other really good places in the Napa area that I can't remember.
Uchi (Austin, TX)
La Fonda San Miguel (Austin, TX)
Le Cirque Las Vegas
Mix Las Vegas
Remy DCL Fantasy

So what time in the morning do you call on you 180 days out?? and whats the main number to V&A.

Our plan is to get on CT waiting list and book V room.

Oh I was thinking $750 is good budget for dinning party of 2, which includes the tip??????

???????????
One question mark is more than enough, don't waste them or we might run out :)

V&A's opens at 9am EST, call 866-WDW-DVNA to reach them directly.

Prices are available online, with QVR costing $225/pp and CT $250/pp. Wine pairings for both rooms are $105/pp. Add in 6.5% for sales tax and X% for tip.

I don't think you will be disappointed. We weren't. Here are some the more well-known restaurants that we have eaten at in the past. This list isn't necessarily that prestigious. However, many of the chefs at these restaurants have been James Beard winners. V&A isn't a 4 diamond restaurant for nothing. It's a real distinction, not some bogus award. Definitely, get the wine pairings. It was awesome. Hope you have an awesome meal.
Even better, it's a five diamond restaurant!

One question mark is more than enough, don't waste them or we might run out :)

V&A's opens at 9am EST, call 866-WDW-DVNA to reach them directly.

Prices are available online, with QVR costing $225/pp and CT $250/pp. Wine pairings for both rooms are $105/pp. Add in 6.5% for sales tax and X% for tip.

Even better, it's a five diamond restaurant!

Thank you very much! I got excited, only 61 more days till 180 day mark.

Thanks for the info. The only one of those we've eaten at was le cirque, which we enjoyed, but I'm familiar with several of the others. We enjoy Napa too and honeymooned there so we could eat at the French laundry ; ). The more I read about v & a the more excited I get, so thanks for solidifying that

Thanks for the info. The only one of those we've eaten at was le cirque, which we enjoyed, but I'm familiar with several of the others. We enjoy Napa too and honeymooned there so we could eat at the French laundry ; ). The more I read about v & a the more excited I get, so thanks for solidifying that

We tried to get French Laundry when we went to Napa, back in 2008, but it was all booked. It looked fabulous though. We liked Le Cirque a lot, but V&A was better. I realized that a lot of the nicer places we have eaten were before our son was before, so many of them no longer exist. We need to do more solo trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter