The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 5:45 reservation in the main dining room next month. Any idea how long we should expect to be there? Thanks!

For anyone who's tried to make an October reservation...

If you've left a message, have you received a call back and actually been able to get a reservation?

We are going the week of 10/18 for our 30th anniversary, next week is our 180 day mark, and V&A is the only place we'd like to secure a reservation for our anniversary dinner. Having read that you have to leave a message on their voicemail and then wait for a call-back is not too comforting, then again, this will be our first time dining here so not sure if that's the norm!?

We have a 5:45 reservation in the main dining room next month. Any idea how long we should expect to be there? Thanks!
I would plan for 2.5+ hours. Main dining is typically less than Victoria room or Chef's table (would plan for 3.5+ hours there)

Will both rooms handle menu preferences the same as CT? For instance if one of the couple doesn't like fish, etc. I've read a lot of reviews about the chef's adjusting the courses slightly for food preference (like red meat or no seafood, etc.)
Last time I was at V&A we had three of the four people with different allergies and/or dislikes. We actually had four different menus but each person had the same number of choices for each course. Also, as each course was served we were individually warned if we were sharing not to eat specific items as they had allergens.

Does anyone happen to have a recent menu from the Queen Victoria's room or the Chef's Table?
I spoke with them today, they did in fact state that the online menu is "for sample and can be 100% different and likely is."

Thanks!

Does anyone happen to have a recent menu from the Queen Victoria's room or the Chef's Table?
I spoke with them today, they did in fact state that the online menu is "for sample and can be 100% different and likely is."

Thanks!

We are doing the Queen Victoria's room this June; when I called with the same question they told me it changes so often even several times a month. I'm really looking forward to dining at V&A for the first time.

We are doing the Queen Victoria's room this June; when I called with the same question they told me it changes so often even several times a month. I'm really looking forward to dining at V&A for the first time.

I'm torn between going after a QVR or CT slot.
I spoke to them, wine pairing, course count and the menu are the same. Just the experience and occasionally trying some things the chef may bring out extra. Definitely worth the small difference in price, just torn between the experience I want for the two of us.

I don't think you will be disappointed. We weren't. Here are some the more well-known restaurants that we have eaten at in the past. This list isn't necessarily that prestigious. However, many of the chefs at these restaurants have been James Beard winners. V&A isn't a 4 diamond restaurant for nothing. It's a real distinction, not some bogus award. Definitely, get the wine pairings. It was awesome. Hope you have an awesome meal.

Emeril Lagasse - So many that I can't remember them all.
Brennan's in NOLA
Louis XVI in NOLA
French Room (Adolfus Hotel Dallas)
Nobu NY
Aquavit NY
Rubicon San Francisco
La Toque Napa Valley/Rutherford
Some other really good places in the Napa area that I can't remember.
Uchi (Austin, TX)
La Fonda San Miguel (Austin, TX)
Le Cirque Las Vegas
Mix Las Vegas
Remy DCL Fantasy

What's your views on the wine pairing for one person and about sharing a wine pairing?

What's your views on the wine pairing for one person and about sharing a wine pairing?

We decided to each get our own. It was plenty of wine, maybe slightly too much. I'm small and can be a lightweight. The pours felt like the appropriate size. I know some people had said their pours were too small. They seemed to be the same size as every place that I have done a wine pairing. I don't regret getting my own. Also, since we got different dishes, the wines would not have been paired properly for all of the dishes, just one of ours. It was expensive, but we felt that it really enhanced the experience even more. We would most likely get individual ones again.

We decided to each get our own. It was plenty of wine, maybe slightly too much. I'm small and can be a lightweight. The pours felt like the appropriate size. I know some people had said their pours were too small. They seemed to be the same size as every place that I have done a wine pairing. I don't regret getting my own. Also, since we got different dishes, the wines would not have been paired properly for all of the dishes, just one of ours. It was expensive, but we felt that it really enhanced the experience even more. We would most likely get individual ones again.

I was never a fan of pairings, but I was lucky enough to get in on a free $300 pairing at eleven madison park the other week and loved it.
All the times prior, I was disappointed at Per Se and a few others I had splurged for the pairing and started playing it safe with glasses or bottle of something I knew. I keep seeing high praises of the pairings here though.

I'm torn between going after a QVR or CT slot.
I spoke to them, wine pairing, course count and the menu are the same. Just the experience and occasionally trying some things the chef may bring out extra. Definitely worth the small difference in price, just torn between the experience I want for the two of us.

I also couldn't make up my mine and was torn between the two. What made up my mind was availability. As hard as I tried I just could not land a CT reservation. But I'm not disappointed, I'm sure we will love the QVR.

we have reservations for chef's table around October 20th (we made so many different reservations I can't remember when they are! good thing that DH has everything down!) we were told that they would be adjusting the menu for the Food and wine fest! I can't wait to find out what exactly will be different! this will be our 35th anniversary trip for just my husband and I. I'm not much of a wine drinker but my husband always has the wine flight...the Somallier is amazing! his name is Isreal Perez and he's been there for years and years so if you have any questions feel free to ask him! I am however going to have the awesome coffee. To all who are going to either Chef's table or QV between now and then....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

For anyone who's tried to make an October reservation...

If you've left a message, have you received a call back and actually been able to get a reservation?

We are going the week of 10/18 for our 30th anniversary, next week is our 180 day mark, and V&A is the only place we'd like to secure a reservation for our anniversary dinner. Having read that you have to leave a message on their voicemail and then wait for a call-back is not too comforting, then again, this will be our first time dining here so not sure if that's the norm!?

We didn't leave a message, we went through the whole reservation process with "Tammy" (who was fantastic), but their cpu system was down and we don't have an email confirmation nor is it in our Disney Itinerary/Reservations yet... she said it may take two weeks. I'm a little freaked out, but she assured me that we were totally set. We are in the Queen Victoria Room at 5:30pm on 10/7. It's also an anniversary celebration for us (a little early, 3 weeks, but when in Rome or errr Disney).

Have a great time!

Tara

we have reservations for chef's table around October 20th (we made so many different reservations I can't remember when they are! good thing that DH has everything down!) we were told that they would be adjusting the menu for the Food and wine fest! I can't wait to find out what exactly will be different! this will be our 35th anniversary trip for just my husband and I. I'm not much of a wine drinker but my husband always has the wine flight...the Somallier is amazing! his name is Isreal Perez and he's been there for years and years so if you have any questions feel free to ask him! I am however going to have the awesome coffee. To all who are going to either Chef's table or QV between now and then....HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

We are on the waitlist for the Chef's Table! SO HOPING TO GET IN!

Have a wonderful time and congratulations :)

Tara

I was thinking of sharing because I know if the wine is yummy I will drink it all and dont want to be sloshed to much.

never even thought of the differences. ugh.

We didn't leave a message, we went through the whole reservation process with "Tammy" (who was fantastic), but their cpu system was down and we don't have an email confirmation nor is it in our Disney Itinerary/Reservations yet... she said it may take two weeks. I'm a little freaked out, but she assured me that we were totally set. We are in the Queen Victoria Room at 5:30pm on 10/7. It's also an anniversary celebration for us (a little early, 3 weeks, but when in Rome or errr Disney).

Have a great time!

Tara

So this was my plan too. snag anytime I can get for Queen Victoria Room, get on the waiting list for chef table if not available, when I call and pray to the Disney gods that a miracle happens.

I was thinking of sharing because I know if the wine is yummy I will drink it all and dont want to be sloshed to much.

never even thought of the differences. ugh.
My sincerest recommendation would be to share. It is a full pouring and (I think I posted this before) you would not want to lose the experience of V&A to a blurry room after the fourth course :).
We shared and our intent was to get the pairing taste and not get drunk and it was perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter