The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sweetness in Coca Cola (and the artificial taste of Diet Coke) would distort some of the V&A menu offerings with an inappropriate taste that would not make the dining experience a memorable one. Any of the waters that V&A offer would be a much better complement to the menu choices

All the best. :thumbsup2

This is a great point. While I know, for various reason, not everyone can drink the wine that V&A offers, but they really do compliment each dish in extraordinary ways!

Dh and I are strongly considering the wine pairings, especially him! How much wine would you say it adds up to altogether for the meal in the main dining room? I love wine, but I'm a complete light weight, so I never have more than a glass or two during a meal, and I "nurse" it throughout the meal. I want to make sure I enjoy (and remember) the entire meal there!

In case we both end up doing the wine pairings, how would you suggest getting there and back from the Boardwalk Resort? There's no way we're driving if we both do it!

Dh and I are strongly considering the wine pairings, especially him! How much wine would you say it adds up to altogether for the meal in the main dining room? I love wine, but I'm a complete light weight, so I never have more than a glass or two during a meal, and I "nurse" it throughout the meal. I want to make sure I enjoy (and remember) the entire meal there!

In case we both end up doing the wine pairings, how would you suggest getting there and back from the Boardwalk Resort? There's no way we're driving if we both do it!

They don't fill the glasses that much. They're not like in huge decanters. And of course you don't have to drain each glass dry. You're going to get a bit tipsy of course.

I would just use the Disney transportation to get back and forth. I mean, you could spend money on a taxi too if you're not comfortable with that, but it's not really too complicated. This is what I would do: From Boardwalk, you have a few options. Bottom line is you want to get to Magic Kingdom. You can do this in several ways. The simplest is to take the bus from there. If you want to take the walk to the Epcot monorail, you can also do that, and from there it takes you to the Ticket and Transportation Center, and you take another monorail to Magic Kingdom. When you arrive you in Magic Kingdom, whether by bus or monorail, you then take the resort monorail (or the boat) to the Grand Floridian. And when you go home, you would just take the monorail to Magic Kingdom, and then the bus to the Boardwalk, that's easiest at that point and time.

The wine pours are quite small--MRS U estimated 2--at best 3-- oz pours when we were there in April. So it wouldn't be much (if any) more than two regular glasses of wine at most restaurants.

And you are talking about 2 and a half hours to drink the wine with a # of courses of food..in other words, you're not just gulping it down:)

Everyone has their own tolerance for alcohol of course, but we've always driven to and from V&A in a car and its never been any sort of problem. And I wouldn't be too fond of using WDW transportation while being all dressed up---

And we stay at OKW...

Thank you all for the quick replies! That's great to hear they would get a beer from Citricos. DH doesn't do wine.
Thanks again!!

Keep in mind that the beer selection isn't all that impressive at Citricos.

Enough tho that he should find something he might like.

We will be going to V & A QV Room during our next stay. I was also concerned about the wine pairing. We are not big wine drinkers but we do enjoy it on special occasions. We are staying at the GF RPC but would still like to remember the experience ;).

They don't fill the glasses that much. They're not like in huge decanters. And of course you don't have to drain each glass dry. You're going to get a bit tipsy of course. I would just use the Disney transportation to get back and forth. I mean, you could spend money on a taxi too if you're not comfortable with that, but it's not really too complicated. This is what I would do: From Boardwalk, you have a few options. Bottom line is you want to get to Magic Kingdom. You can do this in several ways. The simplest is to take the bus from there. If you want to take the walk to the Epcot monorail, you can also do that, and from there it takes you to the Ticket and Transportation Center, and you take another monorail to Magic Kingdom. When you arrive you in Magic Kingdom, whether by bus or monorail, you then take the resort monorail (or the boat) to the Grand Floridian. And when you go home, you would just take the monorail to Magic Kingdom, and then the bus to the Boardwalk, that's easiest at that point and time.

The wine pours are quite small--MRS U estimated 2--at best 3-- oz pours when we were there in April. So it wouldn't be much (if any) more than two regular glasses of wine at most restaurants. And you are talking about 2 and a half hours to drink the wine with a # of courses of food..in other words, you're not just gulping it down:) Everyone has their own tolerance for alcohol of course, but we've always driven to and from V&A in a car and its never been any sort of problem. And I wouldn't be too fond of using WDW transportation while being all dressed up--- And we stay at OKW...

DH and I were discussing it, and it didn't take one thing into consideration...I'm walking the boys over to the Beach Club for the kids' camp over there before going to the a Grand Floridian. So if using Disney transportation, DH and I decided we would take the boat from the Beach Club to DHS and then take the bus to the Grand Floridian. It's only one stop on the boat from BC to DHS and the. A bus to the GF. However, good point about not wanting to use Disney transportation while all dressed up. It's a bigger deal for DH since he will be in dress pants and carrying a sport jacket. I'll be in a sleeveless dress. I asked him about this and he was fine doing the boat and bus. At first he said we could just walk to DHS but I mentioned being dressed up and sweating from the walk before even going to dinner, and that the boat is only one stop from BC to DHS. So he said we should do that.

Sounds like not too much wine, DH said he probably could drive but I don't want to risk it.

Or just grab a cab after dinner. One to Pop Century was about $20 including tip and well worth it!

Taking Disney transport there was fun since I was able to pop in and get a photo in front of the floral Mickey in my dress. But I finished 5 minutes after the resort monorail closed for the night and I couldn't stand the thought of going to Downtown Disney and then waiting again for a bus to Pop.

We had a waitlist for an additional night come through for our trip to BCV in October. DW and I will return to V&A after a 4 year absence on that extra night. At this late date, we were surprised that we were able to get a reservation on a Friday night in the main dining room. I asked about the Chef's Table and the Queen Victoria's room and as expected, neither were available. I didn't think to ask at the time but can you be put on a waitlist for either room in case of a cancellation?

We got the Chef's table at 5pm on jan 18th!!! Perfect one year anniversary celebration!!! Can't wait! Today we are 180 days out from going to Disney!!

We are returning to V&A on December 4th. This will be our second visit; DH and I will be celebrating my 45th birthday, our 4th anniversary together, and my enormous new raise (25%!).

We are doing the main dining room - I can barely handle the amount of food there, so the extra courses of QVR/CT would be wasted on me. I'd be sick and in pain from that amount of food.

V&A does not serve beer, per se; however, quality beers (like Chimay) are sometimes served within a wine pairing. Just inform V&A in advance of your dietary requests and the staff will accommodate. All the best. :thumbsup2

I like to dine at V&A and ask for a 6 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon to go with my pate... ;).

Just wanted to chime in here and say that DH and I had an outstanding meal and experience at V&A's on July 27th! Actually, outstanding isn't a strong enough word to describe how wonderful our dinner was there. I don't think there is an appropriate word, haha! It was the best meal we ever had in our entire lives for sure. Every last detail was perfect, and we were impressed with the vacuum press coffee service at the end of the meal. We tried foods like quail and pheasant for the first time and we really enjoyed everything. We ate in the main dining room and we were so stuffed by the end that we couldn't finish our hawaiian Kona chocolate soufflés! And believe me, we sure tried. We did the wine pairings, the service was exceptional, like no other service we've ever had anywhere including some fine restaurants in Manhattan. We were very impressed. This was our 4th family trip to WDW and the first time we had a date night and the kids enjoyed the Sandcastle Club at the BC Resort (chose that one since it's close to where we stay BWV).

We were also lucky because as of August 1st, V&A's no longer takes the TIW card. We are so glad we were able to use it there on this trip, but full price would have been fine too for our experience there! I highly recommend V&A's to everyone I know, I think everyone should experience it at least once if they can! So glad we went, and DH thanked me a million times since that evening for making him bring a sport jacket on our July Florida vacation...this was almost a deal breaker for him until I convinced him based on what some very friendly people said here on the DIS about it being more than worth it...thank you to those people as well! :)

Just wanted to chime in here and say that DH and I had an outstanding meal and experience at V&A's on July 27th! Actually, outstanding isn't a strong enough word to describe how wonderful our dinner was there. I don't think there is an appropriate word, haha! It was the best meal we ever had in our entire lives for sure. Every last detail was perfect, and we were impressed with the vacuum press coffee service at the end of the meal. We tried foods like quail and pheasant for the first time and we really enjoyed everything. We ate in the main dining room and we were so stuffed by the end that we couldn't finish our hawaiian Kona chocolate soufflés! And believe me, we sure tried. We did the wine pairings, the service was exceptional, like no other service we've ever had anywhere including some fine restaurants in Manhattan. We were very impressed. This was our 4th family trip to WDW and the first time we had a date night and the kids enjoyed the Sandcastle Club at the BC Resort (chose that one since it's close to where we stay BWV).

We were also lucky because as of August 1st, V&A's no longer takes the TIW card. We are so glad we were able to use it there on this trip, but full price would have been fine too for our experience there! I highly recommend V&A's to everyone I know, I think everyone should experience it at least once if they can! So glad we went, and DH thanked me a million times since that evening for making him bring a sport jacket on our July Florida vacation...this was almost a deal breaker for him until I convinced him based on what some very friendly people said here on the DIS about it being more than worth it...thank you to those people as well! :)

A wonderful report! We are glad you both had a great dining experience. And we expect to dine there again very soon.

Uncleromulus: Howdy!

We noted on your signature that you first dined at V&A's in September 1988, just after the GFR opened. How did the dining experience compare and contrast with the current one? We started dining at V&A's in 2009 and have been going twice a year since. The only significant change for us has been the establishment of the QV Room.

All the best! :thumbsup2

DH and I are dining here for the first time in 2 weeks! I really want to take pictures inside the restaurant. I do not have a ton of photography experience. Should I leave the flash on auto or shut it off? I don't want to disturb other diners but I really want to capture this experience. Any other photography hints would be appreciated!

DH and I are dining here for the first time in 2 weeks! I really want to take pictures inside the restaurant. I do not have a ton of photography experience. Should I leave the flash on auto or shut it off? I don't want to disturb other diners but I really want to capture this experience. Any other photography hints would be appreciated!

The dining experience at V&A's is wonderful. Part of that experience is the serene and sophisticated atmosphere, which some guests will not experience if flash photography occurs nearby. Even non-flash photography can become an issue for some diners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter