• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this had been our experience at every other visit but the last. We were sad after this last meal. It was the kind of place we dreamed about returning to every year and now, we won't be rushing back in the near future. :(

And this had been our experience at every other visit but the last. We were sad after this last meal. It was the kind of place we dreamed about returning to every year and now, we won't be rushing back in the near future. :(

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. This is how we felt after our last meal at 'Ohana where we had also had some good meals. The only thing that we really were happy with was the Bread Pudding, it's just disappointing to have high expectations and they are not met. Just due to timing, we won't have the opportunity to go back to V&A's for some time, so we'll see whether or not we choose to go there when we can.

And, I am not trying to get any "satisfaction". I am merely sharing my experience with others.

All I said is that you may want to contact V&A's... if they are having issues... then it is always a good thing to let them know... They can't check into it if they aren't aware of it. It doesn't matter if it's weeks after... Disney listens to their guests and makes changes.

Satisfaction can come in the form of peace of mind - from helping them to correct anything if it's needed, to also help other guests (and maybe even you at another time) enjoy the experience.

While Disney does peruse the Disboards... it's helpful if they hear it from a guest themselves.

Thanks for sharing the recent menu and pictures. Can't wait to enjoy QVR in 10 days. The fall menu looks perfect for us and hoping the negative reviews are a one off or just personal preferences. I may see if they will do tastings of black truffles and white truffles on separate courses for us since tis the season and it seems they have both in the house now. I'll share our experience, menu and photos

Or maybe a "two off" ;). While we were there, a guy complained about the white truffles ( an addition to the menu). Not sure what his gripe was but I heard him ask Israel to take them back & remove from his bill. One item that was very good was the usual herb brioche- it had the twist of the addition of black truffle. Yummy.

children children..please no more arguing..

So instead of me getting rid of all the posts that were arguing....I will just ignore it all and hope you all do too...

thank you ...

Might I suggest you bring your concerns to the managment of V&A's?

The Manager and Sommelier is Israel Perez.

The address for the Grand Floridian is... 4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

& the direct phone number for V&A's is (407) 824-1893

You won't get any satisfaction or resolve of your complaint if they don't know about it.

Yes, Israel was there the night we were there. He was literally kissing the other patrons - hence one reason I think we were 'overlooked' - the table to one side of us knew the sous chef and the other table knew Israel. We did bring our concerns to the manager (? not sure of her role??). She was the one chasing us down as we left the Grand Floridian and then I was completely embarrassed by the group that was looking at us. And people weren't just looking, they had been taking our picture since we walked out of the restaurant. We had a gaggle of people clicking away. My husband looks like a famous sports player and everytime we are at Disney, he gets mistaken for him. Due to our dressiness, we assume that was why people were flocking. Although men have actually approached him at the urinal in Epcot so I suppose this wasn't as bad :rotfl: It just made me uncomfortable to have an audience to our dissatisfaction. We did tell V&A about the bad food and sub-par service. In fact, my husband told them before we left the restaurant. He sincerely thought they were going to adjust our bill but we really wanted to get OUT of there and enjoy the last hours of my fabulous bday (yeah me!) I will see if he wants to call them but it is his choice, as he was 'paying' (ok, don't laugh all you married couples!)

Tinkerbellie16 I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience. We ate there on September 30 and both of us had many of the same dishes that you and your husband ate. Perhaps it was that they had the F&W dinner, or perhaps my partner and I have different tastes, but we absolutely loved the Asian inspired amuse bouche. The Poussin and the Octopus, and I'm not gloating, but the Maine Diver Scallop was cooked to perfection for my taste (I also like my meat still mooing). I also enjoyed the lamb, and had a great Grand Mariner Souffle, the flavor was delicate and subtle.

I had not been to V&A's in over three years and reading some of the comments on this thread helped me to decide to add it into our trip this Fall. We had an amazing experience there and it was everything I expected it to be from the service to the food. We also had an 8:45 reservation on a Monday night and practically had the place to ourselves. There weren't very many other people in the restaurant so perhaps that helped too.

I completely understand that restaurants can have an off night, and I don't want to discount that some people did not have the meals that they wanted when they dined there. I just wanted to say that our meal was fantastic. Now I can't claim that I am an expert at cuisine. I enjoy fine dining, but I also love some good Fish & Chips, a juicy burger and even a good corn dog. But for us, it was a nice romantic night with some great food, and we left feeling very pleased. I'm sorry for those who had different experiences and needed to get food at a QS because what was served at V&A's was that bad.

And I was flabbergasted that the food did not taste well because I KNOW how wonderful they can be! I too am fine with my meat (almost) mooing - a good steak tar-tar is so yummy!!! A scallop is really difficult to cook but at V&A, I know they can do it so that is why I was astonished it wasn't cooked to perfection. And I think it is absolutely ok to expect that quality from V&A. Thanks for your post - I was bummed that it played out the way it did. I think if they had dealt with our situation differently (as in adjusting our bill and discreetly letting us know rather than running after us in the lobby and still NOT adjusting it), then I would have written it off and probably not posted but they didn't :sad1:

Thanks for sharing the recent menu and pictures. Can't wait to enjoy QVR in 10 days. The fall menu looks perfect for us and hoping the negative reviews are a one off or just personal preferences. I may see if they will do tastings of black truffles and white truffles on separate courses for us since tis the season and it seems they have both in the house now. I'll share our experience, menu and photos

I really, REALLY think that my husband's and my experience was due to the circumstances - the food and wine event, the other tables that were there and 'knew' the staff, and that our servers probably had the worst night and it unfortunately came down to our table. Enjoy your meal but if you don't, INSIST on another dish :thumbsup2

Or maybe a "two off" ;). While we were there, a guy complained about the white truffles ( an addition to the menu). Not sure what his gripe was but I heard him ask Israel to take them back & remove from his bill. One item that was very good was the usual herb brioche- it had the twist of the addition of black truffle. Yummy.

We LOVED the black truffle brioche!! We asked for extra bread and that was our entrees :)

I am thankful for all opinions and reviews! WE are having our first V&As QVR experience on New year's Day for our anniversary!! I cannot wait!

We will be in the Queen's Room on 12/13. This is our first time trying the Queen Victoria's Room...have done the Chef's Table and the dining room multiple times. All have been fabulous experiences! Hope there are truffle options in December...we love white and black truffles. In October 2012 we were at the white truffle festival in Alba Italy and had some of the most divine meals...including a to-die-for truffle/egg dish. Hope all your experiences are great!:goodvibes

Hi Folks,

A couple of questions. We are DVC members but have never purchased the TABLES IN WONDERLAND card. IF we do, does that discount apply towards the entire bill,or just one person? Also, is there sharing of the wine pairing? I love wine, but am not a huge wine drinker. I can do about 2 glasses and that's it for me.

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup2

I don't know about TiW, but you can split a wine flight, sort of. You can't split a pour - they won't give each of you half a glass. What you can do is split the six glasses between you - one chooses three glasses, and the other chooses the other three. If you only want two glasses, and your dining companion can handle more, then you can choose two and your partner can choose four. When my husband and I ate at V&A, we each chose three glasses, but we shared them.

You are also not limited to choosing one glass per course. If you prefer you can skip one course and have two glasses with another. That's what we did; we each had a glass with our main course, and skipped the wine that went with the soup.

Ohhhh, SO good to know!! We both love wine but we'd be SAUCED if we each had 6 glasses!! My wife tried to talk me into doing V&A last trip but I just didn't want to spend the extra $$. This trip, my sister & her hubby will (hopefully) be joining us and this would be a chance of a lifetime to experience this dinner with my loves.
Thanks ;)

Hi Folks, A couple of questions. We are DVC members but have never purchased the TABLES IN WONDERLAND card. IF we do, does that discount apply towards the entire bill,or just one person? Also, is there sharing of the wine pairing? I love wine, but am not a huge wine drinker. I can do about 2 glasses and that's it for me. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup2

I don't know when you are planning to go, but V&A will no longer take TIW as of 8/1/2014.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...bles-in-wonderland-dining-discounts-for-2014/

Well doesn't THAT bite :( We'll be there the following Oct. Thanks for the heads up.

We will be dining at Victoria and Alberts for the first time in a few weeks and I have a quick question. I can't have beef/red meat and was wondering how to let them know since I made the reservation online and if other arrangements could be made instead of beef.

We will be dining at Victoria and Alberts for the first time in a few weeks and I have a quick question. I can't have beef/red meat and was wondering how to let them know since I made the reservation online and if other arrangements could be made instead of beef.

Contact them promptly by phone and explain the situation. It should not be a problem to clarify your request.

We have never made online reservations with V&A and your experience reinforces our decision, especially since we both share the same dietary concern.

Enjoy yourself at V&A's! We'll be back there next month.

All the best. :thumbsup2

They will generally contact you 6-8 days before your reservation to ask about special occasions and dietary restrictions. You can always call them at your convenience if you are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter