The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

KMcCP said:
It's so funny because I was just going to post about this. I'm hoping to find a hoodie while I'm down there. The Disney store online has some plus sized tees. I usually wear a 1-2x in Ts. Based on reviews and how slim the little girl shirts run- I order a 4x, expecting it to be very big and that way I can put it in the dryer and not worrying about it shrinking etc. Well it's a little loose but not by much! And I am no where near a 4x.

I agree, I wear a 14/16 and find the 4x just about right in the chest. I do not dry them as I fear they will become to fitted in that area. My DD is a size 0 petite in adults, weighs 86 lbs and can barely get a ladies xs over her head (found out when I brought her back a Halloween tee last year) so I think they just run small. Weird thing is that DH wears an XL in real life but takes a L in mens at Disney.

I agree, I wear a 14/16 and find the 4x just about right in the chest. I do not dry them as I fear they will become to fitted in that area. My DD is a size 0 petite in adults, weighs 86 lbs and can barely get a ladies xs over her head (found out when I brought her back a Halloween tee last year) so I think they just run small. Weird thing is that DH wears an XL in real life but takes a L in mens at Disney.

It's so weird how there is really no standard for sizing. I wear a 20 usually. I bought a 2X hoodie in women's and it fits perfectly. I bought a Mens XL and it is super tight. I bought a 2x women's t-shirt and it's loose. It's the same for the kids stuff too. I bought DS3 a size 4t and it was really tight. His grandmother bought him a 2-3 and it fit perfect. :confused3:confused3

OZMom said:
It's so weird how there is really no standard for sizing. I wear a 20 usually. I bought a 2X hoodie in women's and it fits perfectly. I bought a Mens XL and it is super tight. I bought a 2x women's t-shirt and it's loose. It's the same for the kids stuff too. I bought DS3 a size 4t and it was really tight. His grandmother bought him a 2-3 and it fit perfect. :confused3:confused3

Now that you mention it, i have a hoodie in XL and it fits fine. I wish they would standardize their sizing.

Hey guys - just a quick post. I just got back from a whirlwind 5 day visit to WDW and wanted to mention I tried the 7DMR.

I definitely say 'tried' because that was a no way no how. I know I'm a big gal, with thick thighs, but that is one TIGHT bar. It was easily several inches tighter than EE (which I rode, snug and a little bruised, but what I considered comfortable enough to ride).

My husband said he's not sure if he'd be capable of having kids if he rode it again "if you catch my drift". And he's not overly heavy, just very muscle bound in the legs at 6'1". He's got nothing left to squeeze at that point. XD

That said - the CM's were very kind, and I knew from this thread (thank you!) that it was probably going to be a no go, so I tried shifting a few times and then climbed out without any shame. You can't win/ride em all, but I rode a lot!

Hey guys - just a quick post. I just got back from a whirlwind 5 day visit to WDW and wanted to mention I tried the 7DMR.

I definitely say 'tried' because that was a no way no how. I know I'm a big gal, with thick thighs, but that is one TIGHT bar. It was easily several inches tighter than EE (which I rode, snug and a little bruised, but what I considered comfortable enough to ride).

My husband said he's not sure if he'd be capable of having kids if he rode it again "if you catch my drift". And he's not overly heavy, just very muscle bound in the legs at 6'1". He's got nothing left to squeeze at that point. XD

That said - the CM's were very kind, and I knew from this thread (thank you!) that it was probably going to be a no go, so I tried shifting a few times and then climbed out without any shame. You can't win/ride em all, but I rode a lot!
I'm sorry to hear that. We have a trip this spring and I am going to try but it seems like it could be hit or miss. At least I know DD will get to enjoy it with her dad:)

I'm going to try the Mine Train just in case on my next trip. Never hurts to try.

I just did a silly little experiment here at home.

It just so happens that the width of the space between the legs of my dining room chair is almost exactly 13.2 inches, which is the width of the inside of the 7DMT lap bar.

I am able to bring the chair legs down over my knees and can just squeeze inside. It's very tight and quite uncomfortable, but it works.

I am 5'4, 288 lbs. and size 24 pants. I am a pear shape, carrying a lot of weight in my thighs.

I was very nervous to even try it before, but now I have the confidence to give it a go. For those that are worried, check the width of the chairs and tables around your home and see if you can fit your legs in just behind the knees. :scratchin

I'm going to try the Mine Train just in case on my next trip. Never hurts to try.

I rode the 7DMT in June when we were there - I'm 5'7" tall and weigh a fluffy 235#. Granted my tummy is very very fluffy, but I do have big hips and thighs as well (you can say I'm apple shaped). Since I was solo (mom doesn't ride), the CM sat me with a very nice tiny woman. I too was afraid of the bar - but with a bit of sucking in and shifting towards the side - I fit!! Now, my knees were jammed into the back of the front seat - but I was able to fit!! And enjoyed myself immensely!!

So - before you decide not to try it -- go for it!! You're only uncomfortable for a few minutes... but it is soooo worth it! :banana:

Good luck!

Michelle

I'm super glad I checked this thread! It honestly never occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to ride a new ride at WDW because they're so size friendly, even with some of the older stuff. Not complaining, just glad I checked so now I know- I knew going to Universal there might be issues and it just rolled off my back because was able to prepare myself for the possibility. I'm soooo glad this thread exists. :thumbsup2

Hello lovely people,

I am a 5"5 360lb woman who is absolutely terrified I'm not going to fit on rides at Disney World. I'm so excited to go but so fearful of making a scene or any sort of fuss about it. Do you guys honestly think I'll fit on rides or should I avoid them entirely? I really want to go on the Peter Pan ride... I think that's the one I'd be most disappointed if I couldn't do.

I wear a size 26/28 Australian sizing.

Thank you in advance.

Hello lovely people,

I am a 5"5 360lb woman who is absolutely terrified I'm not going to fit on rides at Disney World. I'm so excited to go but so fearful of making a scene or any sort of fuss about it. Do you guys honestly think I'll fit on rides or should I avoid them entirely? I really want to go on the Peter Pan ride... I think that's the one I'd be most disappointed if I couldn't do.

Thank you in advance.

I can't speak for WDW as I haven't been yet, but I have been to DL many many times! At one point, I was about your size and I could ride just about everything, even Peter Pan!!! Some rides might have been a tight squeeze but I always managed, with the exception of a few things, but like I said at DL.

I wouldn't worry too much! Disney is really size friendly!!! There will be lots and lots you can go on!!

Hopefully someone can give you more info on the rides at WDW!

I can't speak for WDW as I haven't been yet, but I have been to DL many many times! At one point, I was about your size and I could ride just about everything, even Peter Pan!!! Some rides might have been a tight squeeze but I always managed, with the exception of a few things, but like I said at DL.

I wouldn't worry too much! Disney is really size friendly!!! There will be lots and lots you can go on!!

Hopefully someone can give you more info on the rides at WDW!

Thank you so much for this. You've helped ease my mind a little. My girlfriend really wants to go on the Kali River rapids as well so hopefully someone might be able to advise me on that and WDW in more detail.

Thanks again, your response means a lot. Have a great day xx

Hello lovely people,

Thank you in advance.

You will have no problem on Peter Pan, its a bench seat.
Most if not all of the rides you will be able to fit in. I worried about that too. Maybe some of the thrill ride are going to be tight.
Here is a site to see what all the ride cars look like to give you and idea.

http://allears.net/tp/gal_ride.htm

You will have no problem on Peter Pan, its a bench seat. Most if not all of the rides you will be able to fit in. I worried about that too. Maybe some of the thrill ride are going to be tight. Here is a site to see what all the ride cars look like to give you and idea.

Thank you so much for this, really appreciate it.

Hi all. I know I'm not the first or last person to ask these questions by far, but I'm planning a trip to WDW in February with my partner for the first time, possibly the only time (though I certainly hope not) and I just like having as much information as I can have going into things like this. I've already gathered a lot of information from several places on the web, and they have all been a tremendous help in planning. However there is still some information I'm missing so I'm just going to come out and ask.

We're both roughly the same size. I'm 5'11, 58" waist 56" hips, he's 5'10 with the same measurement. We've already decided on most of the rides we're going to be going on while we're there and I feel pretty good about us having no problems with them. Though on some, like Big Thunder and Splash mountain it looks like we have to ride separate rows, which is fine, it's just hard to tell from the pictures I've seen if that will be the case or not. But even if it is, no big deal.

In any case, though, there are four rides I have my concerns about. Space Mountain, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Test Track. As you can tell I picked three with seat belts and one with only 1-wide seating so you can see why I might be concerned. So I wanted to see if I could get some input and advice on those rides specifically. With Space Mountain it's mainly the width of the seat that concerns me. As for the other three, well of course, my concern is how long the seat belt is and how crushed we would be sitting next to each other.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all. I know I'm not the first or last person to ask these questions by far, but I'm planning a trip to WDW in February with my partner for the first time, possibly the only time (though I certainly hope not) and I just like having as much information as I can have going into things like this. I've already gathered a lot of information from several places on the web, and they have all been a tremendous help in planning. However there is still some information I'm missing so I'm just going to come out and ask.

We're both roughly the same size. I'm 5'11, 58" waist 56" hips, he's 5'10 with the same measurement. We've already decided on most of the rides we're going to be going on while we're there and I feel pretty good about us having no problems with them. Though on some, like Big Thunder and Splash mountain it looks like we have to ride separate rows, which is fine, it's just hard to tell from the pictures I've seen if that will be the case or not. But even if it is, no big deal.

In any case, though, there are four rides I have my concerns about. Space Mountain, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and Test Track. As you can tell I picked three with seat belts and one with only 1-wide seating so you can see why I might be concerned. So I wanted to see if I could get some input and advice on those rides specifically. With Space Mountain it's mainly the width of the seat that concerns me. As for the other three, well of course, my concern is how long the seat belt is and how crushed we would be sitting next to each other.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

My girlfriend and I were actually roughly the same size as you when we went for the first time. I was about 60" waist at the time (I've lost 80lbs since then ;) ) and though she is smaller, we're both really tall for women and have broad shoulders. Let's talk about those rides.

Space Mountain: It's a bit like sitting in a rowboat and trying to stand up. The ride itself is fine and the restraints are no problem! But you need to be able to lever yourself up and out of those seats, then out of the cars. As long as you have some upper body strength and no knee problems, you will be perfectly fine. It's just an awkward one to get up and out of!

Star Tours: The seats were a little tight at the time, but still easily gotten into. Think of it as a movie theater seat. I would personally avoid the back row. The best advice I have for this is to pull your seatbelts out first, sit, then buckle up - it's dark in there even with the lights on and it can be hard to find the seatbelt input if you're carrying some weight.

Tower of Terror: No problems here at all. There are seatbelts for each individual and the seats are a good size. Enjoy!

Test Track: Ask for the front row if you have longish legs, and for a row to yourselves. We sat (me 5'11, close to 400lbs at the time - my girlfriend 5'9, 320lbs - and my 5'7, 175lb mother) all in the same row and the only issue was foot space. Not enough for 3 tall people! Another suggestion here is to pull the seatbelt out and sit again. It's like a car belt, but can be tricky to wiggle around to grab if you're bumping into another person trying to do the same.

Splash and Big Thunder: As long as you and your partner don't mind getting cozy, you may be able to ride this together. My girlfriend and I did Big Thunder and sure we were smooshed, but we don't mind ;) I rode Splash with my mother, but honestly she is average sized so it might be a bit much for you guys, hard to tell. If you feel uncertain - ask the Castmember! They see it all and there was never any judgment when I asked if they thought we'd fit.

kerplop said:
Space Mountain: It's a bit like sitting in a rowboat and trying to stand up. The ride itself is fine and the restraints are no problem! But you need to be able to lever yourself up and out of those seats, then out of the cars. As long as you have some upper body strength and no knee problems, you will be perfectly fine. It's just an awkward one to get up and out of!
Just wanted to add that if you two don't mind riding in separate vehicles (but on the same train), the front row of each three-row car has significantly more leg room. I'm 6'0" with a big belly, and I find that sitting in that first seat made a huge difference in both my comfort level as well as maneuverability in exiting the ride vehicle!

It wasn't on the OP's list, but I just want to add that Soarin' has seatbelts also. But using the method described above (re: Star Tours) works just fine here also. :)

I have seen the picture of the lap bars on 7dmt being 13.5 inches. Does anyone know how wide the individual seat is? I may have missed it on an earlier post. I have wide hips (even when not pooh sized) and just wondered if I would fit the seat itself. Are the seats smaller than airline seats? If I can't ride I would rather know in advance and not waste my fast pass. Any place I can find dimensions of the seats?

Hello lovely people,

Thank you in advance.

Dear Quietly,

Please don't be terrified. The Happiest Place on Earth is also one of the friendliest places on Earth and the Cast Members will assist you all they can. Even if you do find there are rides you can't do, the shows and decorations are NOT TO BE MISSED! I hope you will take a trip to WDW--you'll enjoy it immensely!

I have seen the picture of the lap bars on 7dmt being 13.5 inches. Does anyone know how wide the individual seat is? I may have missed it on an earlier post. I have wide hips (even when not pooh sized) and just wondered if I would fit the seat itself. Are the seats smaller than airline seats? If I can't ride I would rather know in advance and not waste my fast pass. Any place I can find dimensions of the seats?
I don't know about the actual dimension, but I can tell you I was able to ride without any trouble. I'm a size 26/28. The seat itself, you can feel where it curves up a bit on either side, but it's not restrictive. When I sat, I could feel where my hips overlapped the edges of the seat parameters by a little, but I still wasn't smooshed up against my average-sized ride partner and neither of us were uncomfortable. :thumbsup2

Hello lovely people,

Thank you in advance.
Hi! I'm not sure how Australian sizing differs from American sizing, but I am a 26/28 also. I was also the same weight as you on my last trip (down 12 pounds since, woo!), but taller (6'0"). I can tell you that there is NOTHING at Disney I can't ride! It's actually one of many reasons why I prefer it to all other theme parks. Some of the rides are a snug fit for me, but nothing that made me worry.

Regarding Peter Pan's Flight specifically, I found this information for you at AllEars.net ...

Peter Pan's Flight

Like many of you have stated, I had tremendous anxiety before my trip because of my size (5'10", 350). : On Peter Pan's Flight and The Haunted Mansion, the lap bars on the seats didn't open and close on their own. (this was especially scary on the Haunted Mansion, as it happened first and I thought I wouldn't be able to ride) I just want others to know that if this happens, don't panic. The CM just manually raised/lowered the bar and there were no problems riding.

This ride is a suspended pirate ship, rather than a car with all wheels on the ground. Pretty tight seating for more than one supersized butt and with the usual lap bar problem for us stomach enhanced people. It is a very gentle ride with no worries about falling out if the lapbar isn't tight.

I hope this helps ease some of your worries! Go and have a MAGICAL time!!! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter