The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

This thread was very helpful in putting my mind at ease when I was getting ready for my trip. I was at WDW last week & I was able to ride everything with no problem. The one thing I noticed is that 2 large adults on some rides was a tight squeeze. I rode Aladdin, dumbo & splash with my dad (I'm 5'5"/250 lbs, he's 6'0"/200 lbs)... It was very tight. All other rides I rode with DD 7 & it was just fine. For shoes I went with Keen Mary Jane's... They were ok. My bag was lesportsac deluxe everyday convertible shoulder bag. This was a great bag, I was able to fit lots of stuff in it, but it wasn't bulky, the strap was long enough to wear cross body, but no shoulder or back pain. It was also made of a water resistant material & had lots of pockets. Ladies, I'd recommend Bali brand for undergarments. All of these items were purchased from Amazon because I love being able to read customer reviews. For chafing/sweating I used summers eve deodorant spray, basically everywhere & clinical strength deodorant for underarms.

I would highly recommend starting a walking program a few months before your trip. Start small & work up to at least 5 miles. I use a jaw bone (pedometer device) I was walking up to 10 miles a day at WDW. I think being in a little better shape helps with getting in & out of rides. I didn't have any trouble in this area & no problems with turnstiles either. I didn't have trouble with any of the theatre seating either.

I'll just list all of the rides I went on, shows I went too, etc... any questions , please ask. MK: Thunder, splash, space mountains, 7DMT, JC, POTC, HM, tea party, small world, Peter Pan, buzz, speedway, goofy barnstormer, dumbo, magic Carpets, little mermaid, HofP, riverboat, Philharmagic. HS: TOT, toy story, star tours, great movie ride, muppets, little mermaid, disney junior, RNR. AK: Kali, primeval whirl, Nemo, Everest, Rafiki, kilmanjaro Safari. Epcot: test track, space ship earth, soarin, the boat ride at the land, Nemo.

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Hi all,

I'm looking for shoe recommendations. I know in WDW there will be way more walking than I ever do in DL. I've read threads on the boards about shoes and have some ideas, but would like to hear from some Pooh sized gals!!

I've heard the following are good...Sketcher Go Walks, Teva Tirra, and Keens.

My thing is, I cannot stand blisters. I don't really care if my feet ache a bit, but I don't want blisters!!!

Thanks for your help and ideas!!!

Might be a late response, but as far as shoes go...have you ever been to Sole 2 Soul? They will put you on a treadmill and monitor how you walk and give you shoe recommendations based off that. I always have had issues with finding comfortable tennis shoes until then. I just bought my 2nd pair in preparation for our trip to WDW in 2 weeks. My first pair was the Ravenna 5 by Brooks and the second pair is Ghost 7 by Ravenna! For height and weight wise, I am 5'10 and 235 lbs.

Hope you find something to suite your needs! :)

Also a little pooh size (though hoping to lose weight before my next trip....6 lbs down so far!) I never had any problem fitting into any rides on my last trip (I was about 210) however I remember being so uncomfortable with space mountain at 17 and 175 lbs that I never rode it again.
My sandals are Naots. I survived my last trip without a single blister and still have them (almost 3 years now) and will be wearing them on my next trip. Well worth the extra price tag.
I am one of those crazy people in Disney in a dress....I hate pants....I just feel like they draw more attention to my post pregnancy tummy and often find the rise uncomfortably short. I usually wear some sort of leggings (I guess shorts in hot weather) under them. All my dresses come from Eshakti and are custom. (I pick up one or two on sale every time I can get one....the poplin dresses are comfy and durable)

52 days till disney , I have bladder surgery tomorrow!! I have purchased what they call a big seat on Spirit airlines.

When I was a much larger me (I've lost over 115 lbs) the only ride that I found to be very tight was Space Mountain. I managed, but being 5'11" and almost 270 lbs, it was not very comfortable. It was so weird last December going back to WDW being the smaller me for the first time; even though I have lost the weight and have kept it off for almost three years now, I often still think as though I am heavier and certainly understand the challenges and concerns of those who are "Pooh Shaped." With all that said though, with my trip this past June being a man weighing 152 lbs, I felt very cramped on the 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride. :goodvibes

Don't know if this is mentioned, but we're leaving for home tomorrow after doing WDW and a DCL cruise. First notable mention, I'm about a size 28 and while I could fit snugly in the seats in the Buena Vista Theater on the Disney Dream, I couldn't in any way, sit in the Walt Disney Theater seats and left humiliated after I tried and people stared at me. Couldn't do any of the seats in Animator's Palette that had the arm rests. The rest of the places like booths, were fine albeit tight.

Hubby is a 44 waist and pretty sturdy, muscular legs. We don't even try SM anymore. Even when we were lighter, we had issues. TSDMR was super tight, but seats weren't the issue, the lap bars kill your legs! My husband refused to go on it again because it was excruciating with every bump and turn for him. It was uncomfortable for me, but not painful.

EE was still fine, theater seats in the shows were all VERY tight and you were better off leaving a seat in between you and your neighbor if they were pooh sized as well. I can't think of anything else notable right now. I've nearly stopped doing rides these days. It's just not worth the anxiety anymore.

Don't know if this is mentioned, but we're leaving for home tomorrow after doing WDW and a DCL cruise. First notable mention, I'm about a size 28 and while I could fit snugly in the seats in the Buena Vista Theater on the Disney Dream, I couldn't in any way, sit in the Walt Disney Theater seats and left humiliated after I tried and people stared at me. Couldn't do any of the seats in Animator's Palette that had the arm rests. The rest of the places like booths, were fine albeit tight.

Hubby is a 44 waist and pretty sturdy, muscular legs. We don't even try SM anymore. Even when we were lighter, we had issues. TSDMR was super tight, but seats weren't the issue, the lap bars kill your legs! My husband refused to go on it again because it was excruciating with every bump and turn for him. It was uncomfortable for me, but not painful.

EE was still fine, theater seats in the shows were all VERY tight and you were better off leaving a seat in between you and your neighbor if they were pooh sized as well. I can't think of anything else notable right now. I've nearly stopped doing rides these days. It's just not worth the anxiety anymore.
I'm so sorry to hear this! :hug:

I think a lot of it has to do with how you're built and how your weight is distributed on your body. I too am a 28, plus I'm 6'0", and yet there's hardly anything at WDW that gives me pause. Some of it's tight, sure, but nothing that I can't ride at all, or that is even uncomfortable to the point of not wanting to. For me, the one exception is the Teacups... It's just too tight a squeeze for my belly. (Which is FINE by me, I hate things that spin!)

But my weight is more front-to-back, if that makes sense. It's almost all in my torso... belly, breasts, and back. My butt and hips are actually somewhat disproportionately smaller, which means I'm not all that wide comparatively. So fitting into seats is never a problem for me... However, lapbars and over-the-shoulder/chest restraints are the bane of my pooh-sized existence! I can ride everything that uses them at WDW, but barely. If I get bigger, I know that will change.

But this is ONLY the case at WDW. Other parks? Universal, Six Flags, etc? Forget about it! I don't even come anywhere CLOSE to being able to lock their restraints. :( WDW is the only place where I'm comfortable even attempting to get on a ride.

I'm currently fretting about flying at my current size! Eek! I was last on a plane about 125 lbs ago - currently 5'8" and 350. Luckily I paid extra for larger seats on Spirit Airline and my kiddo is sitting next to me. I booked the tix in July, when January seemed to far away. LOL. We generally drive to Orlando, but decided to try flying this go around.

I'm currently fretting about flying at my current size! Eek! I was last on a plane about 125 lbs ago - currently 5'8" and 350. Luckily I paid extra for larger seats on Spirit Airline and my kiddo is sitting next to me. I booked the tix in July, when January seemed to far away. LOL. We generally drive to Orlando, but decided to try flying this go around.

If you purchased an extra seat, and have a child sitting beside you, I do not think you will have any issues. I always ask for a seatbelt extension, as I board any airliner. The flight attendants are discreet and won't embarrass you. The arm rests can be lifted, and you can sit on the window side, or the aisle, depending on where you are most comfortable. I usually take the aisle for hang-over space. The only time it is a problem is when they serve drinks or food, and then I just suck it in for a few minutes. Just enjoy your trip.:hippie:

Where are some shops on Disney property that have plus size shirts? I'm leaving for the 'world' next week so it's too late to buy anything online.

Where are some shops on Disney property that have plus size shirts? I'm leaving for the 'world' next week so it's too late to buy anything online.
I had the best luck with this at MouseGear in Epcot. A lot of the shirts & jackets went up to a ladies size 3X. I found that the sizes run small, though. Be prepared to potentially have to buy a size up from what you normally wear. :thumbsup2

While not every shop has plus sizes, I have always been able to locate some really nice plus sized choices. The hardest thing I had to find was a sweatshirt, well a hoodie actually, but I did near Tower of Terror in HS. Good luck finding the perfect wardrobe addition.

I've read through about 50 pages and havent seen anything about rockin roller coaster. Has anyone had any issues with it? Usually I have problems with harnesses like that

I've read through about 50 pages and havent seen anything about rockin roller coaster. Has anyone had any issues with it? Usually I have problems with harnesses like that

The seats on RNRC are wide and deep, and the restraint does not have to "click" down very far in order to lock. It's one of the most big-person-friendly roller coasters with over the shoulder restraints I've ever been on. It can be hard to step in and out of the vehicle if you've got bad knees or a bad back, or if you're just awkward like me, but it's doable.

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and finally registered just so I could say thank you for this post and all of the information in it. I've lived in FL my whole 29 years and have never been to Disney. My family didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up, and the one time they did take me to Disney when I was 9, I got food poisoning and spent the entire vacation in the hotel throwing up. Needless to say that ruined my childhood for life LOL!
Now I'm grown and married and have 3 kids of my own. My son is 9, daughter 6, and babygirl will be 2 in March. I've decided that it's time I popped my Disney cherry and I'm glad I'm going to get to do that with my children. I wanted to wait till the baby was old enough to enjoy it. She's almost 2, walks/eats/drinks on her own now, and is completely obsessed with Minnie Mouse and Disney JR, so I'm confident there will be plenty to keep her entertained. My 6 year old is obsessed with Princesses, especially Anna and Elsa this year. My son, though he'd rather go to Universal for Transformers and other "boy" things, I've got him convinced that WDW will be fun for him for the Pirates of the Caribbean things and the Dinosaur things. He's acting like it's no big deal, but I'm pretty sure he will light up when we get there.

Anyway, back to this thread and why I'm posting. I've always put off going to Disney in my adult years because I thought I wouldn't be able to ride anything. I'm 5'3, 300lbs, and while I work on my feet every day as a nurse, the weight just won't come off! But after reading all 100+ pages of this thread, I'm no longer scared, and am actually looking forward to standing in line and riding the rides. My husband is normal/skinny and I didn't want us to get on something and him be locked and ready to go and me have to get off because I couldn't fit. I also want to ride things with my kids and take advantage of the photo packages.
SO, we decided that this year we are spending our income tax return on going to Disney! Luckily we live only 3 hours away, so we save on travel. I want the entire experience, so we're going to stay at a resort. My travel agent found a 5 nights/4 days package for the Contemporary WITH A CASTLE VIEW! Entire package, including dining plan only 3100! I have 3500 allotted as a budget, and with our meals already covered, I'm thinking 400 bucks will be more than enough to get some souvenirs or whatever extra goodies we might have to have. Only problem is I can't pay for the trip till my income tax deposits. I filed on the 5th and Tax Act told me that while the IRS wasn't officially opening till the 20th, they were accepting early fillers as early as the 12th, and we could have our direct deposits by the end of this month! The days the Travel Agent found for the cheap Contemporary is Feb 20 through the 25th. I just have to make sure I get my money and pay the travel agent before someone else scoops up the room. She said that she is "holding" it for me, but as it gets closer, Disney could raise the price. If that happens, I think I want to stay at either Pop Century or the All Stars Movie hotels, for the photo ops mainly. But I REALLY would like my kids to have a chance to see the fireworks from a balcony in our room if it's possible. This thread has put me in such a positive place, instead of waiting for the worst to happen, I'm actually confident that our trip will go as I plan it.

Sorry for this long essay. I'm going to snoop around the forums some more and try to absorb as much info as I can. Thank you guys again for this thread. I'm almost in tears I'm so happy and excited about our trip. We have such a tight budget I'm not sure when we will ever have a chance to go again. Unless we make it an income tax present to ourselves every year. Luckily this year we don't need a new vehicle or any major home repairs like in the past. Knock on wood, we're in the clear and ready for WDW!

I have ridden Rockin' Roller Coaster, and I found it quite manageable. I was 270 lbs and 5'9". The only thing that I would say is that it jostles you around a good deal, and it is on the loud side. If those don't bother you, go for it, and enjoy!

Hello lovely people, I am a 5"5 360lb woman who is absolutely terrified I'm not going to fit on rides at Disney World. I'm so excited to go but so fearful of making a scene or any sort of fuss about it. Do you guys honestly think I'll fit on rides or should I avoid them entirely? I really want to go on the Peter Pan ride... I think that's the one I'd be most disappointed if I couldn't do. I wear a size 26/28 Australian sizing. Thank you in advance.

Are you still going? I'm 5'3 and 340 lbs. I ride Peter Pan with my daughter no problem. I also ride Pooh, Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, small World, Carousel of Progress, and have ridden Big Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn. The only problems I've ever had were turnstiles at the train station on main st(just get on in another area!), and Haunted Mansion seems to lock in an uncomfortable position on my huge belly- I still ride though. Go around turnstiles at Carousel of Progress- it's old and small. No staff member or anyone else will try to stop you! Buzz lightyear ride is fine.

At Epcot if you get on Soarin pull your seat belt out all the way before sitting down, plenty of girth, remember I'm short and all stomach. You're fine on the ride in Mexico. Never been on test track. The Michael Jackson experience is big enough. Nemo ride is fine.

Can ride jungle safari and bugs life at AK. I've read Everest is spacious but I hate coasters. Never rode Kali river rapids or dinosaur due to reports from other large people.

At Hollywood the great movie ride is huge, and all shows are accommodating. I don't ride rockin roller coaster or tower of terror sorry.

I hear space Mtn is small and to avoid.

Feel free to ask any other questions

Hey all! I just finished my week long vacation at Disney world and I wanted to report back! I'm roughly 5'4'', and size 26 pants. I carry most of my weight in my belly, thighs, and behind.
I went on seven dwarves mine train. I fit, but I was in pain the whole time. The only reason I went on was because I had a FP+ for it, otherwise I wouldn't have attempted it. I had to force my legs together, and pull the bar down. There's no problem with the bar in relation to my belly, its just my thunderous thighs. When they say that its tight, they mean it! I was in the verge of tears the entire time! I couldn't enjoy the ride at all and was very thankful when it was over! I found that when the ride started I was able to stand a bit, and then tuck my left leg/foot under my right one and it was a little more tolerable.

That being said, I NEVER have issues on any of the other rides I like to ride. Did space mountain, thunder mountain, and haunted mansion and enjoyed them all. I don't have any issues on rockin roller coaster, tower of terror, dinosaur or expedition everest...and that's why I love Disney so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter