The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Pooh sized Grammy trying to lose 20-30 pounds before our trip 11/29-12/7....any encouragement greatly appreciated. Have bad knee and back so exercise is not possible at this point.

Good luck GrammyJudy. I am working on losing at least 42 more pounds before we go next may (already down 28). Of course I will still be pooh sized, but down around 70 lbs in a year would be wonderful.

There are some good stories/ideas on the DIS about weight loss. Some ideas that have struck me include:
* Make yourself an inspiration wall somewhere you will see daily. Include a photo of the Castle to remember your reward at the end.
* Remember to reward yourself along the way in non-food ways. A Mani-pedi is a great reward IMHO
* Find a good support person/group. Personally I joined Weight Watchers and realized that I need the weekly meetings. I also have many friends who ask me regularly how it is going. For me it helps if I feel accountable to someone, even when I really am not.
* I know you mentioned exercise being out, but find some way to move your body. Even if you are just stretching. Remember you are in conditioning for WDW, and even a piglet side person can walk way sore and tired. Find what works for you. Something low stress on your knees.
* Get good sleep. Studies show that people who don't get enough quality sleep tend to weigh more and make poorer food choices. So basically we eat more and move less when we are tired.

I hope you have great success and a great trip.

Hello eveyone -

this thread caught my eye and I thought I would share something with all of you starting about just a little more than 1/2 way down page 5

** (POSTING #68 forward) **

and continues onto page 6 on my below listed Pre-Trip Report titled:
(you will see it listed in my signature)

"My Adventures n San Fran, Rose Bowl......."

Me posting here I hope will help all of us here -
(especially what I have put on page 6)

and yes, I would love someone here to offer me some words of encourgament (I am wanting to lose A LOT of weight & KEEP IT OFF) on over on my pre-trip report as this is all new territory for me.:goodvibes

LOVE THE THEAD!!:thumbsup2

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

Hi was wondering what type of shorts all of you pooh sized women wear while at the parks. I don't normally wear shorts but if I do they are longer length denim. Would love nylon athletic shorts but can't find any wide enough for my hips that are long enough for me. I typically wear a size 18-20 and would like the length to be longer

Hi was wondering what type of shorts all of you pooh sized women wear while at the parks. I don't normally wear shorts but if I do they are longer length denim. Would love nylon athletic shorts but can't find any wide enough for my hips that are long enough for me. I typically wear a size 18-20 and would like the length to be longer

I bought a couple of pairs of cotton shorts at Walmart but I also bought some mens basketball type shorts. They run longer than womens. :love:

I know some people say that they are 'pooh sized' well, I am more like 'Ursula sized'. lol. 5'2.. 275 lbs.. Size 26.. 56 inch waste, 58 around the biggest part (stomach/hips/butt). Im 25 and get around great with working out daily, just having a hard time loosing weight. Anyways, I have a tiny 5 year old and a tiny 2.5 year old. My husband is normal sized, lol... But he can't ride the teacups, or anything else that spins around really fast. All my 5 year old has been talking about is riding the teacups. I have really bad anxiety and this is all I'm thinking about. :/ I don't want my size to ruin our trip. Reading allearsnet.net most of the rides I feel okay about, but most of the bigger people on there said they didn't try the teacups. I'm just wondering if me & my 2 daughters will fit and if I will be able to turn it. I'm super nervous about it. If anyone could give me an idea On what to expect, or any other rides to avoid, we'll only be riding the kid type rides. We leave in 7 days, and I'm so excited. :) Thanks.

I wear men's shorts, because they are longer and I feel more comfortable in them.

Thanks I finally found some men's shorts at target that had inseam measurements!! So I bought 2 different lengths to try, so far so goo!!

Dear AMT826, Just try it ... I too am "Ursula "-sized...5x bottom,4x top...5'6''---went with my two tiny DDs age 4 and managed ok . There was enough room to spin with no problem and my kids tried to kill me , I swear ! There is a bit of an edge to climb over , like a tub , but I managed with no problem... Have a great trip !!!
Astro Orbiter was plenty roomy , BTMRR was snug but that was perfect because then we didn't slam around in the car , and I can't remember any problems r/t my size (VERY PEARY !).We went on everything that we wanted !

Dear AMT826, Just try it ... I too am "Ursula "-sized...5x bottom,4x top...5'6''---went with my two tiny DDs age 4 and managed ok . There was enough room to spin with no problem and my kids tried to kill me , I swear ! There is a bit of an edge to climb over , like a tub , but I managed with no problem... Have a great trip !!!
Astro Orbiter was plenty roomy , BTMRR was snug but that was perfect because then we didn't slam around in the car , and I can't remember any problems r/t my size (VERY PEARY !).We went on everything that we wanted !

Thank you!! That makes me feel better about it. :)

I just found some cotton elastic waist shorts that are not tight in the thighs and come down to right at my knees (perfect length) at Walmart in an 18/20. They actually are very nice and SO comfy. I don't normally wear a lot of shorts either but we leave for our trip Friday and I know this one is going to be a hot one. I went late last Nov and never wore shorts, I did yoga pants every day but I won't be able to do that this trip. Sigh. I also never wear sleeveless shirts but I'm at the point where I don't care while I'm at WDW, in the parks it's about comfort, I won't see these folks again. I may be tank topping it for the first time, avert your eyes. ;)

I agree with everyone. When we went last year I was at my heaviest, 5x top, 28 bottom, 5'5" and 360. I too stressed and worried. I can honestly say I fit on everything, astro orbiter was the only snug ride ( and me and DH being idiots thinking we could both go on Barnstormer, it made it the worst ride ever because we were not really strapped in and DH was mad like it was my fault, we laugh about it now). Just go and have a magical time, wear what's comfortable, no one cares, I for the first time went into public with a tank top. I was comfy and that's all that mattered. Turnstiles were challenging but I went sideways and had to issues.
We are going back in 46 days and I have lost 35 pounds, I hope to have another 20 off by then. My goal is to not have to ask for a seat belt extension on the flight. We live near Cedar Point and have Platinum passes this year, I can't fit on anything! They need to take page from Disney. So this is my motivation to lose more weight this winter, besides it being healthier for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know some people say that they are 'pooh sized' well, I am more like 'Ursula sized'. lol. 5'2.. 275 lbs.. Size 26.. 56 inch waste, 58 around the biggest part (stomach/hips/butt). Im 25 and get around great with working out daily, just having a hard time loosing weight. Anyways, I have a tiny 5 year old and a tiny 2.5 year old. My husband is normal sized, lol... But he can't ride the teacups, or anything else that spins around really fast. All my 5 year old has been talking about is riding the teacups. I have really bad anxiety and this is all I'm thinking about. :/ I don't want my size to ruin our trip. Reading allearsnet.net most of the rides I feel okay about, but most of the bigger people on there said they didn't try the teacups. I'm just wondering if me & my 2 daughters will fit and if I will be able to turn it. I'm super nervous about it. If anyone could give me an idea On what to expect, or any other rides to avoid, we'll only be riding the kid type rides. We leave in 7 days, and I'm so excited. :) Thanks.

Hi! From your description, I would say we are about the same size (give or take).... At Disney, I have never had a problem riding any ride.... granted, I am with your husband on the tea cups... so can't help you there. You should be just fine, may have a bit of trouble with the doors on the honeypots for the pooh ride because they are a bit narrow... just suck in your gut and tip toe... should be able to squeeze in and out without even being noticeable. Most of your rides for younger children will be open seated or harness... you shouldn't have any trouble.... relax and enjoy, that is what is so wonderful about Disney, they don't discriminate on who can ride rides based on how much they have around the middle!

Ok, I just got back from WDW, I am a size 24-26...starting with the flight..almost needed a belt extension on the smaller plane, but the regular planes were fine. As for Disneyworld, all rides were fine, except getting in and out of The Great Movie Ride in Disney Studios was a little tight because of the small door..it's an old ride and if you are bigger than me, don't worry if you miss it, not that great anyway? The rest was fine...as for dining, no problems there either except the booths at the ScFi Dine In are a little tight, but ok. Go and have a great time!

I used to be Ursula + ( 315, 5'1", 56 waist 62 hip). Back then I could still get on the teacups with another adult and kid. The tea cup center spinner is kinda high so belly and all fit under it. A little close but made it workaday had a great time. And we spun it like crazy :) The entrance into the cup is very small, but many rides are. Just like the entrance onto pooh and the ttc. Just take your time and you should be fine. I totally understand the anxiety before going there and fitting into the rides! I have been there and still am (still 250 now!)

...and we had a great time!

We did do more rides this time than in the recent past and it went well. I was a Lane Bryant size 26 this trip, 5' 2", carry most of my weight in my belly and behind. Here's some info that may help others.

I went on Splash Mountain and finally learned firsthand about the new-ish lap bars. The bars weren't too bad, you pull them down yourself, and then they seem to stop and "lock" at whatever position you can pull it to. The drawback is the top of the bar doesn't go straight across, it sort of curves down at the top (picture the top of a heart, the bar comes down a bit in the center). So if you are riding with another person, you both need to get your legs in your "section" under the bar. If you are riding with a child or another smaller person, this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My boyfriend and I rode together, he is really tall (6'4") and often takes up some of my leg room, too. So with one pooh sized person (me) and a really tall person and it wasn't super comfortable, but doable.

We also rode Big Thunder Mountain together, no issues.

We rode separately for Dumbo, I had no problem with the seatbelt/strap, plenty of room leftover. Same thing for the Magic Carpets in Frontierland, rode separately, no problem.

I was able to ride Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear this time, no issue with the doombuggies/omnimover vehicles as when I was a Old Navy size 30.

We did get on the Disney railroad at the Splash Mountain/Frontierland stop and I did not notice another entrance besides the old, narrow version of the turnstiles. I did manage to force my way through, but it was very tight. So if they have an alternate gate entrance here, it was not right next to the turnstile and there was no cast member at the turnstile to ask.

At Country Bear Jamboree I also did not notice an alternate gate right next to the narrow version turnstiles. They had a separate wheelchair entrance through another door to the left of the turnstiles. I was about to ask the cast member how I could go through the wheelchair entrance then meet back up with the rest of my party going through the turnstiles, but they announced that the show was canceled due to technical difficulties. So maybe I'll find out next time :)

The Pirates of the Carribean boats are different, they were changed this summer. And while I had no problems fitting, I did notice the boat sat lower in the water than in the past (I think someone posted the boats are lighter). I have been reading some theme park threads on the new boats, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else was worried about it like I was. I think it would be smart not to have too many pooh size people in a row. We sat in the back row and I got soaked after the small drop, water splashed over the side because the boat sits lower in the water. Even the boats full of regular size riders seem to have water in the bottom, so be ready to get wet.

I think that's all for "new" experiences this trip. Any rides I rode at my larger size I did not comment on here (except for Pirates), so you can see my past posts if you want more ride info. Or ask, I'm happy to answer questions :goodvibes

As for seatbelt extenders, I needed one going but not one coming home :confused3 We flew JetBlue.

Happy trip planning, everyone!

Hi all!! I just stumbled across this thread and I am very greatful I did. We are heading to Disney in June and have been worried about the rides. We took our kids is Disney Land in 2009 and I weighed 260lbs and fit just fine on the little kid rides. Another baby later and I weigh about 265lbs and am worried I won't be able to enjoy all of my favorite "thrill" ride with my kids now that they can ride them like Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain. My kids are all small for their age and my husband is a training instructor in the military and nice and fit. I am always trying to work on being healthier, but this thread has given me a piece of mind that I won't have to sit out on all of the fun for our much anticipated vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter