The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I was there 2 years ago and weighed around 250-260 and wearing size 22-24 pants. I'm largest on the bottom. On the Forbidden Journey the 2 outside seats have been refigured for larger folks and you just need to tell the attendant that you want an outside seat. They were really nice about it. I didn't ride any of the roller coasters at either park, but rode everything else and didn't have a problem. Some rides were snug, but I squeezed my thighs in them!

I just Googled the SW thing and there it is, on their site. Smart!! They must have caught a LOT of flack for what they did. Good. THANKS for the tip. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to do it because I'm worried about not being seated w/ my special needs son, but I'll let my extended family know of their change in policy.

This is AWESOME!! I fly Southwest several times a year and didn't know of this new policy. I always just did a window seat toward the back of the plane and prayed that no one sat next to me. :lmao: I would say I "sort of" fit in one seat, but it's much more comfortable if I can raise the armrest. I can put it down, but I know my hip squishes out underneath it a bit. I do need a seatbelt extension though, as most of my weight is in my stomach. I bring my own and I've only had it not be compatible with the plane once. I'll totally book 2 seats now though.

As far as Universal goes, I worked there back in college and was about 100lbs lighter than I am now. (That's hard to type!) I was probably around 220 then and had a tough time fitting on Hulk, what was then Dueling Dragons, The Mummy, etc. It's a bummer because I'd really like to go see the HP stuff but refuse to spend the money until I can fit on all the rides again.

I am leaving for Disney on Wednesday woo-hoo! Our first trip ever! I am pooh sized and nervous about the rides. So someone please tell me if there are any I should avoid. I am about 5 foot 6 230 pounds. I wear a size 20 pants and 22-24 tops. So most of my weight is around the belly area. I am interested in the little kid rides too like the tea cups, dumbo, flying carpets etc I have two small children that will want me to go on stuff with them. As well as the grown up rides and anything in the middle lol. Thank you so much :-)

I am leaving for Disney on Wednesday woo-hoo! Our first trip ever! I am pooh sized and nervous about the rides. So someone please tell me if there are any I should avoid. I am about 5 foot 6 230 pounds. I wear a size 20 pants and 22-24 tops. So most of my weight is around the belly area. I am interested in the little kid rides too like the tea cups, dumbo, flying carpets etc I have two small children that will want me to go on stuff with them. As well as the grown up rides and anything in the middle lol. Thank you so much :-)

You will be fine. Enjoy your trip. I wear a 26/28 and I fit on everything at Disney. :)

Sounds like we are about the same. I went on everything with no problem. Try not to worry about it and just have a fabulous time! First trip, SO EXCITING!!! :banana:

I haven't been on Kali in close to 10 years. I'm a 26/28, mostly butt/hips/thighs but some belly too. Will I have issues fitting? Also, my BF will be with me and wears a 38 pants, will we be able to ride together?

TIA!

I haven't been on Kali in close to 10 years. I'm a 26/28, mostly butt/hips/thighs but some belly too. Will I have issues fitting? Also, my BF will be with me and wears a 38 pants, will we be able to ride together?

TIA!

You may have to ride it by yourself. Its really according to your companion. Hubby wears a 2X...they separate us into different seats.

I rode with my sister who is more of a XL and we rode together in the same pair of seats.

Edit: I'm also a 26/28 and it is all somewhere in my torso and hips. I have the skinniest legs.

I just came back from my trip last week and I am 5'3 and wear a 26/28, no problems whatsoever on any of the rides! Have fun and don't even begin to worry about that, dear! You will definitely fit into anything you choose to ride.

So is there anything I should avoid? I'm betting Space Mountain is a no-go since I don't have strong legs and I've heard you need to get out pretty quickly. We're doing all 4 parks.

It's funny, I normally just go and ride a few things. This year we are going with another couple (no kids woohoo!) and know that I will be riding stuff I haven't been on in 10 years so I'm not sure how I fit!

So is there anything I should avoid? I'm betting Space Mountain is a no-go since I don't have strong legs and I've heard you need to get out pretty quickly. We're doing all 4 parks.

It's funny, I normally just go and ride a few things. This year we are going with another couple (no kids woohoo!) and know that I will be riding stuff I haven't been on in 10 years so I'm not sure how I fit!

I rode Space Mountain and fit quite easily. However, since I'm fuller in the hips and "bottom" I sit a little higher and felt like I could flying out and every little jerk in the ride! Haha while this might be exciting for some, it left me a little wobbly when I got off :/ as far as getting out quickly, I didn't notice having to jump out or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome back from your recent trip, KristenRB!

We'll be doing WL & MNSSHP in September, too, but a little before your trip :yay:

Would you mind listing the rides you went on? I'm probably not alone in having some specific ride questions for someone who has just been there.

Like some others, I've been wondering if the new-ish lap bars on Splash Mountain pull down and need to lock in place. I'm also wondering about the seat belts on Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Are they one strap per person, or one long strap per Dumbo/row in carpet?

Thanks for any info you can offer!

We'll be doing WL & MNSSHP in September, too, but a little before your trip :yay:

Would you mind listing the rides you went on? I'm probably not alone in having some specific ride questions for someone who has just been there.

Like some others, I've been wondering if the new-ish lap bars on Splash Mountain pull down and need to lock in place. I'm also wondering about the seat belts on Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Are they one strap per person, or one long strap per Dumbo/row in carpet?

I know im not the person you were responding to, but thought i'd add my info in case it might help you. I am a size 26/28 all hips, belly. my daughter and I rode splash mtn together, she is around a size 18/20 and the lap bar did lock a little but we still had room to pull it in ( if that makes sense) when she saw the drop off the bar suddenly got tighter and rammed in my gut lol. but otherwise no issues there. We also rode the magic carpet and it was one belt for 2 riders and we had no issue getting it to click. here are the rides we rode in each park:

Epcot: Test track - I was a little cramped in this one, mainly because im 5'10 and long legged!

animal kingdom-kali river rapids -no issues

magic kingdom- splash mtn ( see above)
magic carpets (see above)
haunted mansion- no problems
little mermaid- no issues

Hollywood studios- star tours -no issues

New to the boards and just found this thread. So glad I did. I'm Pooh sized and was a little worried about whether I would be able to fit on some of the rides. It was great to be able to get all this cool information. :thumbsup2

Thank you for this thread! I can now plan to ride with my kids like I want without fear if embarrassment. Thank you, thank you!!!!

I know im not the person you were responding to, but thought i'd add my info in case it might help you. I am a size 26/28 all hips, belly. my daughter and I rode splash mtn together, she is around a size 18/20 and the lap bar did lock a little but we still had room to pull it in ( if that makes sense) when she saw the drop off the bar suddenly got tighter and rammed in my gut lol. but otherwise no issues there. We also rode the magic carpet and it was one belt for 2 riders and we had no issue getting it to click. here are the rides we rode in each park:

Epcot: Test track - I was a little cramped in this one, mainly because im 5'10 and long legged!

animal kingdom-kali river rapids -no issues

magic kingdom- splash mtn ( see above)
magic carpets (see above)
haunted mansion- no problems
little mermaid- no issues

Hollywood studios- star tours -no issues

Hey! Sorry for just now posting back.

I went on everything :) without a problem, except for one. lol

DHS
Rockin Rollercoster
Tower Of Terror
Star Tours (this was a little difficult for me.the seats are small and the seatbelt is a little harder to get to to fasten. Embarrassing, but still managed to fit)

MK
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Carribbean

Epcot
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Maelstrom

I'm only 5'3 and wear a 26/28. So if I can fit, anyone can. I had so much fun and I hope this helps anyone that will be worried.

Hey! Sorry for just now posting back.

I went on everything without a problem, except for one. lol

DHS
Rockin Rollercoster
Tower Of Terror
Star Tours (this was a little difficult for me.the seats are small and the seatbelt is a little harder to get to to fasten. Embarrassing, but still managed to fit)

MK
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Carribbean

Epcot
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Maelstrom

I'm only 5'3 and wear a 26/28. So if I can fit, anyone can. I had so much fun and I hope this helps anyone that will be worried.

DH and I prefer to sit together, especially on roller coasters. Its hard to explain but we don't get tossed around. I had a CM offer to let us sit together on Dumbo. We said...umm...no. He said...really...it won't be a problem and explained that he often has larger people ride Dumbo together. I asked him how many people he could fit into a telephone booth.

I couldn't believe it until we tried it, but my DH and I, plus our 5 month old, were able to get into a dumbo car together just recently! I said we were going to try and if it didn't work then we would switch out and ride 2 times.
I am 5'1'' and wear a 24/26 (all ever, esp. stomach, hips and butt) and my DH is 5'10'' and wears a 46 (all belly). It was VERY tight, but still had fun and got to go on all together as a family.
I have gotten to the point that I just try it out now, instead of stressing too much. Believe me, it took years for me to get to that point. Most of the time, there have been no issues... except those stinkin old turnstiles! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter