The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

We're going in June too and I'm worried about mine train and Kali river Rapids! I'm a size 24, about 275. EEEEEK!

Congrats on your weight loss! I am going to see an internist soon, so hopefully I will be able to lose some myself!!! The one I want to go to has a great recipe for weight loss for thyroid patients. I am excited. That is hilarious that you pawned it off on SIS!!!! Maybe I should make my hubby do it for me! Haha!

I haven't had any issues anywhere I've eaten. Let me list where we've gone so you can have an idea of which ones should be fine:

50's Prime Time HS
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater HS
Akershus EPCOT
Teppan Edo EPCOT
Boma Animal Kingdom Resort
Tusker House AK
Coral Reef EPCOT
Cinderella's Royal Table MK
Crystal Palace MK
O'Hana Polynesian Resort
Boatright's Port Orleans Riverside
Hollywood and Vine HS
T-REX DTD

Good luck!

Howdy Folks,

I never got around to letting you all know how my trip went back in June. I'm a really big guy (6'4, 405, 54 inch waistband) and was pretty anxious about what I could do at Disney. This thread was a HUGE help to me getting prepared.

In short, I would say stop worrying! Disney is incredibly friendly for us pooh sized folks. It was really an awesome experience.

At Magic Kingdom, I had no trouble on anything except -
- Splash Mountain was tight but that had more to do with my height than my weight. If you've got significant knee issues then this one may be a problem.

- On one ride on the Tommorrow Land Speedway, I got a car with a belt that was pretty tight. Another time, it was no trouble.

- The Barnstormer was very cramped. Again, this was really as much to do with my height as my weight. I was pretty jammed into that one! But, I did it! My daughter and I who were in the car together joked that we might need the jaws of life to get us out! :rotfl2:

Otherwise, we did pretty much everything else at the park with absolutely no trouble. Just a note that I didn't try to do the AstroOrbiter or Space Mountain.

We also went to EPCOT and did Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space, The Sea w/ Nemo and Friends, The Circle of Life, and Spaceship Earth with absolutely no issues regarding my size.

My advice is to bring plenty of gold bond powder, diaper rash ointment, and to take mid-day breaks.

Let me know if you have any questions.

We're going in June too and I'm worried about mine train and Kali river Rapids! I'm a size 24, about 275. EEEEEK!

We've always had larger folks in our family, and I can tell you from experience, you will have no problem with Kali River Rapids. I think you'll actually be fine on Mine Train as well, depending on how much you don't mind being a little uncomfortable. It'll probably be a tight fit, but you'll manage. There are CMs around to make your life easier. If for some reason you get on a ride, and decide you don't want to or can't ride, there won't be any reason to be embarrassed. Just let someone know if need be, or just walk right off. No one will see you, or know the wiser. Good Luck! :)

I'm a size 28 and about 345. I've never had any trouble on Kali at all. I also do 7DMT just fine. It's tight and a little uncomfortable when I first get settled in, but as soon as we start moving, I forget all about it. You'll be fine. :hug:

Thank y'all so much! I feel a million times better now!
In my experience I have found the flight attendants to be very accommodating and discrete when it comes to supplying an extender. But my wife wound up "saving" one after a flight and brings it with her when she flies. She doesn't always need it, depends on the plane. But you should know that you should not sit in the exit row if you think you need an extender, since the airline rules usually don't allow the use of an extender in the exit row.

But you should know that you should not sit in the exit row if you think you need an extender, since the airline rules usually don't allow the use of an extender in the exit row.

As far as my traveling husband knows, they *never* allow the use of an extender in the exit row. Definitely don't take an upgrade or pay for that seat if you might need the extender.

We're going in July for the first time (normally cooler weather trips) any advice on moisture wicking clothing? Im a size 16/18 but the ladies cut tees don't fit. I don't really do sleeveless stuff so I was thinking yoga capris & tshirts? Just need to find the coolest ones??

That's awesome. I wonder why so many people say to steer clear of mine train! Did u ride Kali since they changed from one seatbelt for two to individual belts?

In my experience I have found the flight attendants to be very accommodating and discrete when it comes to supplying an extender. But my wife wound up "saving" one after a flight and brings it with her when she flies. She doesn't always need it, depends on the plane. But you should know that you should not sit in the exit row if you think you need an extender, since the airline rules usually don't allow the use of an extender in the exit row.

I heard personal extenders weren't allowed anymore. She doesn't have trouble getting thru security with it in her carry on? Or with the flight attendants if she uses it?

I've been reading on Dis for years now, but never stumbled across this thread. I'm so excited to have found it and find people with the same worries as me.

My size panic always comes when flying. I do need a seatbelt extender and was always so embarrassed to have to ask. We almost always fly SWA, so last year I bought my own extender on eBay for about $20. I put it in my pocket after we went through security and discretely used it.

I heard personal extenders weren't allowed anymore. She doesn't have trouble getting thru security with it in her carry on? Or with the flight attendants if she uses it?
No trouble at security and no one has ever questioned her on the plane. Before she "forgot to give that one back" she would just quietly ask the flight attendant at the front of the plane for an extender and they would either reach into storage and hand her one right away and walk by a little later with it (and do a fairly discrete hand-off). She doesn't always need one, but its always easier to ask for it right away and not need it. On another note, she is usually more comfortable in her belts than I am in my regular belt (I carry my weight high in the stomach area and usually just fit) because the buckle is hitting me right front and center and she sits with the two buckles where they are most comfortable!

I've gotta say, I didn't even know buying a personal extender was an option. I've only needed to use one once but it was a pretty bad experience and I'd love not to repeat it. Basically the woman next to me, with the best of intentions, tried to make me feel better by offering me weight loss advice throughout the entire flight. Ugh.

So then I tried to avoid this by asking a flight attendant for an extender right away on my return flight. He never brought it but thankfully I didn't need it for that flight.

After those two experiences I think $20 is a pretty good investment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter