The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

First I apologize if this has my asked before. This isn't exactly related to Disney but I am hoping y'all can still help me. I am flying to Washington D.C. in July and I have not been on a plane since I was 13. I am having major anxiety about fitting in an airplane seat. I am going with a group of teachers for an education class for the week and they are paying for the plane ticket and I keep having nightmares where I don't fit and I have to buy an extra seat and everyone is laughing at me. So anyways, I am a size 20. I have no problem fitting into anything at Disney and have no trouble fitting into anything but I just keep hearing horror stories.

Thank you in advance!
You will be fine! I was a size 24 the last time I flew. I am smaller now :)

My sister and I are both Pooh-sized, a 20 and a 22. Will we fit together on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, do you think, or will we have to sit separately? As a matter of fact, I don't even know if the cars on that ride are designed for two people to sit together at all.

I've been reading on Dis for years now, but never stumbled across this thread. I'm so excited to have found it and find people with the same worries as me.

My size panic always comes when flying. I do need a seatbelt extender and was always so embarrassed to have to ask. We almost always fly SWA, so last year I bought my own extender on eBay for about $20. I put it in my pocket after we went through security and discretely used it.

My sister and I are both Pooh-sized, a 20 and a 22. Will we fit together on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, do you think, or will we have to sit separately? As a matter of fact, I don't even know if the cars on that ride are designed for two people to sit together at all.
I imagine you'll be okay. I'm a size 28 and sit next to an "average" size adult just fine. The two of you might be a bit "cozy" in one car together, but as long as you're okay with that, go for it! :thumbsup2

I am a size 20 and I have ridden with other pooh size people. You and your sister will be fine. I even had enough room to put my bag under the bar. In fact you should be able to rock the car like you mean it!!!!:earboy2:

First I apologize if this has my asked before. This isn't exactly related to Disney but I am hoping y'all can still help me. I am flying to Washington D.C. in July and I have not been on a plane since I was 13. I am having major anxiety about fitting in an airplane seat. I am going with a group of teachers for an education class for the week and they are paying for the plane ticket and I keep having nightmares where I don't fit and I have to buy an extra seat and everyone is laughing at me. So anyways, I am a size 20. I have no problem fitting into anything at Disney and have no trouble fitting into anything but I just keep hearing horror stories.

Thank you in advance!

I am a big guy, 6'2" and over 300lbs. I have flown all over the world both domestic and international flights, I have probably covered most carriers and am yet to find one that I didnt fit. I have been on a few that were uncomfortable and I would certainly not want to sit in the middle seat, but generally speaking you should be fine.

If necessary you can get an extension belt, ask quietly as you get on rather than risk being embarrassed when you find out you need one. If you have the opportunity to pay for extra legroom, do so (You can always tell your colleagues that you had points or received a free upgrade for some reason). Make sure you dont take too much hand luggage, ideally, just the one bag that you can put in the overhead. You dont want to be sharing your limited room with luggage. My only other advice would be to refuse the meal, I can fit in the seat, but there is no way that the little tray is going to work.......I figure, 1 missed plane meal is not going to hurt :)

You will be fine! I was a size 24 the last time I flew. I am smaller now :)

I am a big guy, 6'2" and over 300lbs. I have flown all over the world both domestic and international flights, I have probably covered most carriers and am yet to find one that I didnt fit. I have been on a few that were uncomfortable and I would certainly not want to sit in the middle seat, but generally speaking you should be fine.

If necessary you can get an extension belt, ask quietly as you get on rather than risk being embarrassed when you find out you need one. If you have the opportunity to pay for extra legroom, do so (You can always tell your colleagues that you had points or received a free upgrade for some reason). Make sure you dont take too much hand luggage, ideally, just the one bag that you can put in the overhead. You dont want to be sharing your limited room with luggage. My only other advice would be to refuse the meal, I can fit in the seat, but there is no way that the little tray is going to work.......I figure, 1 missed plane meal is not going to hurt :)

Thank y'all so much! I feel a million times better now!

How about a good swimsuit with a lot of coverage? That would be good for the water parks? Not thrilled about going to them but my kids really want to. Our trip is in July - I already fry like a tomato & im a size 18 - any ideas would be appreciated either in clothes or swim stuff
I love my swimsuit from Torrid. We have one local, so I was able to try them on before buying, which was wonderful. I am a pants size 18 as well. I tired on a 1x, way too tight for my comfort. I fell somewhere between a 2x and 3x. I went with the 3, since it was in my fav print they had, but hindsight i wish i went with the 2x. But I do love my suit, great quality, and with the cross strap design for the back, i felt it held the "girls" up well. This is obviously the model, but here's the suit i bought last year. I loved the ruffle down the front to hide all pooh belly, lol. The link is the only google image i could find of it since it's last years fashion, i think this is Indian ebay.
http://geb.ebay.com/ImportHubViewIt...pe-Front-One-Piece-SWIMSUIT-Size-0-NWT-12W-0X

I read that CL rooms supply two "adult sized" robes. How big are these robes? Are there bigger robes available upon request? Does anyone have any experience with them? Going back and forth to the pool with my son is always a scene as I try to be discrete, but not being able to close a robe may cause more of a scene than throwing on any other cover-up. Thanks!

Need some ideas. I am planning on attending the MNSSHP, and would like to dress up. However, I am having difficulty finding plus size costumes. Anyone have ideas of where I can look? I am 22/24 and 3x normally (although I know costumes normally run small).

Need some ideas. I am planning on attending the MNSSHP, and would like to dress up. However, I am having difficulty finding plus size costumes. Anyone have ideas of where I can look? I am 22/24 and 3x normally (although I know costumes normally run small).

I made mine for mnsshp in 2013, i went as Minnie. I made a red tulle skirt like what people wear for the run Disney things (real easy, you just sew a piece of elastic then tie on the tulle to the elastic), then I hot glued on little white Pom poms. I wore a black tshirt & black stretch shorts underneath. Then I bought a cute Minnie ears head band. It was not a hot costume to wear & very easy to make.

Hiiiii guys! I made my own forum thread about this when I first joined, a few months ago...but I'd like to ask it here as well, just in case anyone has had any personal experience with it!

I desperately want to do the kimono fitting experience in the Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan at EPCOT. In previous years I have been a size 24 and I knew that it was probably out of my reach....this year, I've lost 100 lbs and am in a 16 (and still shrinking). I am a very anxious and sensitive person and it would probably devastate me to try and get fitted for a kimono only to have them tell me there are none large enough for me :sad1: so, that being said, does anyone have any experience or input about the kimono sizing? I just wanted to be reassured, as it is something I have wanted to do for many years now!

Thanks!!! :teeth:

I have read many other places that say 7DWT is too small for large people. We have a Fast Pass for it on our trip in June, and am wondering if I should switch. I don't care if I am uncomfortable, I just want to be able to get on and ride with my daughter. I'm 5'4", 280 and a size 28. What do those of you that have been on it think?

My DS and I rode together. He's 4'11 and 200+ pounds. I'm 5'8" and 200+ - We rode it together with no issues. DH is around 280 and rode with big guy and was fine. I think you'll be okay.

Halloweencostumes.com has a good selection of plus sizes for costumes.

I have read many other places that say 7DWT is too small for large people. We have a Fast Pass for it on our trip in June, and am wondering if I should switch. I don't care if I am uncomfortable, I just want to be able to get on and ride with my daughter. I'm 5'4", 280 and a size 28. What do those of you that have been on it think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter