The Epic continues.....The Party's Over (***COMPLETED 3/19***)

Wow great day, Andrew was so cute about his hat! A private meet with Cinderella you're so lucky, was it just right place at the right time luck? Glad you enjoyed CM as we're going there on our trip and now I can't wait!

It was a great day! I don't know if the Cindy thing was part of the YOMD or what. I think the guy who made the appointment for us wore one of those infamous light blue shirts, but I don't remember for sure. He was just standing to the right of the crowd right past the railroad tunnel holding a clipboard. We just really started talking to him and he asked me if we were interested. So I guess it was being at the right place, but I was definitely the one who instigated the conversation.

Great installment! I love hearing how Andrew told Mickey all about his hat. My girls also fought at least once on our trip. Sisters....go figure! LOL!!

Thanks! You have to appreciate that "sisterly love"! They do get along most of the time, but when they go at it, they go at it!

Ellester, I'm shocked. I had no idea you were doing a trip report. Somehow I missed it until now - probably cause I wasn't online much around the time you started it. I can't tell you how impressed I am. It's an absolutely brilliant report. :thumbsup2 Your photos from the early days just blew me away - what fantastic treasures those photos are for you and for your children in future years. :goodvibes (I can't get over that old MK passport ticket!!). As for the present-time and the photos of your recent trip, they're just wonderful! Your 3 children are gorgeous. Doesn't Andrew look like Anabelle did when she was younger in that beautiful photo with Cindy?? :goodvibes

I could feel the excitement while I read about (and looked at the photos of) Christmas morning. I just adore the boxes within boxes idea! You put so much love and care into all that planning - that's the stuff that memories are made of in later life when the children are all grown up.

I'm not fully up to date yet. I just *had* to post and say how much I'm loving this. Can't wait to read more. :)

Hi Deb! I'm so glad you popped over! Andrew is a little clone of Anabelle. Yesterday an older lady told me he should have been a girl with that hair! Of course, Rebecca was standing right there looking all put out. You have to wonder why people don't think before they speak sometimes! I have been having a great time digging through my old stuff. So many of the best of my childhood memories have Disney in them, I'm hoping that my children will be able to say the same!

Another installment will be up soon, I hope! Thanks for sticking with me everyone!:love:

We awoke to a very foggy morning. Again, we got a slightly late start and people were already entering the turnstiles when we arrived at AK. We followed the masses to Everest. It was still quite foggy and you couldn’t see the top of the mountain. It was very cool, you could almost believe you were in Asia and not in Central Florida!

Everest in the fog:

P1160083.jpg

P1160081.jpg

We secured our FastPasses and babyswap pass and headed for the loading platform. John took one for the team and volunteered to hang out with Andrew while the rest of us rode. My mom wanted to try it. She’s not a big thrill ride fan, but she’ll try almost anything once. By the time we wound our way through the empty queue, we were able to board the next train. The girls and I loved it, although Anabelle confessed that she never saw the Yeti as her eyes were closed. Rebecca has since been infatuated with Yeti’s. The other day she said, “I wish I could discover a Yeti so I’d know they were real, even though it scares me”. Maybe she’ll have a Yeti show on the Discovery Channel someday. I told the girls not to say a word to their father about the ride so he could experience it fresh. “Can I at least tell him about the dark?” “No”. Well, we managed to silence most of the commentary and John took the girls back on with the babyswap pass. We watched for them and soon they were back so we headed to Dinoland.

Watching and waiting:
P1160084.jpg

I had not been able to ride Primeval Whirl the last time we were at AK, since I was pregnant with Andrew. I thought about trying it, but the curves on Everest were just about at my limit and I thought I might be very sorry if I attempted it. So John took Anabelle (Rebecca was too short, much to her chagrin) and my mom and I took Andrew and Rebecca on the Triceratops Spin. There was no wait, which is always very nice. The kids enjoyed it, Andrew was bopping to the music for much of the ride. John and Anabelle had not reappeared, so Andrew and Rebecca danced with a dinosaur for a few minutes. I don’t know if it had a name or not, it couldn’t sign the autograph books.

Anonymous dino:
P1160088.jpg

After John and Anabelle rejoined us we headed to Dinosaur, another one I wasn’t able to ride the last time. Andrew had to be measured and the CM had him stand in one particular spot on a small rise so he easily made it. We walked right into the preshow and were soon on our way to the past. Anabelle was sitting with my mom right in front of me and had her head in her lap the whole time. My mom was able to coax her to look at one “friendly” dinosaur before she retreated to her lap for the rest of the trip. Andrew had his hands up most of the time, but seemed OK with it.

This is actually from Living with the Land, but it's the only picture I have of Andrew with his "safety hands" up. I'm not really sure why he was scared in the greenhouse. Irrational fear of Micky cukes, perhaps?
P1140041.jpg

Rebecca liked it, after several assurances that the dinos were not real. Dinosaur down, we decided to see if it was Tough to Be a Bug. We just missed the show, so we had a little wait but the kids enjoyed playing with their “bug eyes”.

Rebecca bug:
P1160089.jpg

Anabelle bug:
P1160090.jpg

Andrew almost bug:
P1160093.jpg

None of us had seen it before and we all enjoyed it. Andrew sat on John’s lap, so I think that helped avoid the “toddler freakout” that has been reported on these boards! Rebecca had been asking (ie. whining) for a snack so we stopped off for a popcorn break. Properly refreshed, I picked up FastPasses for the Safari. The kids visited with Baloo and King Louie and we decided to grab some lunch at Tusker House.

It's the bear neccessities of life:
P1160097.jpg

It was OK, I had the salad which wasn’t that exciting. The kids enjoyed their drumsticks though. For the second day in the row, they had the sugar free gel dessert with their meals. Big surprise, but they really wanted to share our cheese and carrot cakes instead. We, of course, shared and John was exceptionally brave and ate the gel. He was not in the least bit impressed. I know there has been thread after thread on the kid’s CS choices, but honestly who thought SF gelatin (not even really Jello) at every place would be acceptable? Oh well, it wasn’t really that big of a deal and it did make for a fun running joke for the week. “Would you like some of this chocolate mousse?” “Oh, no thanks I’d much prefer the Kozy Shack Sugar Free Strawberry Flavored Gel-type Dessert. Yum, yum, yum!”

We did the Safari after lunch and got great views of the baby giraffe and baby elephant.

Really cute baby elephant:
P1160112.jpg

All the kids really liked the ride, although Rebecca was a little freaked by the sloping bridge. We started on the Paganini Trail and got a good view and education about the okapi’s. Then Rebecca decided that she did indeed NOW need to go to the bathroom so we hotfooted it out of there and found the restrooms. It was getting later in the day and the park closed at 5 so we decided to forgo returning to the trail and headed back to Everest to use our FastPasses from the morning. Mom sat this one out, but we still got the babyswap pass (shame on us!). I decided riding twice in a row would not be in my best interest, so I sat with mom and Andrew while John took the girls on one more time. I wanted to make sure we saw the Festival of the Lion King so we headed over to Camp Mickey Minnie (is that right? I never remember!) and got right into the next show. That is such an awesome show, the kids were clapping and singing along the whole time. Sometimes Anabelle makes like she is too grown up for some things so it was a real joy to look over at her smiling and belting out Hakuna Matata! Andrew zonked out in my lap right at the finale, he must have been exhausted! We settled on a bench on the path out of Camp MM and the nonsleepers had an ice cream break. We decided to try to catch the next Nemo show over in Dinoland so we hoofed it over there. They had already closed the doors so we missed it. The CM’s manning the queue suggested getting there 45 minutes before the next show. I really didn’t care to wait that long with three fidgety children, so we put Nemo on our list for next trip. The kids were excited about trying the boneyard, so we set up camp there for a while.

My kids, especially Rebecca, are very imaginative and like most kids I think, like to just play. I think it was at MK the day before when Rebecca looked at me and complained, “we’ve been going on so many rides, I haven’t had any time to play!” Not really a comment I expected to hear, but it was her vacation too so some playtime was in order. (Anabelle’s comment after hearing Rebecca’s was, “We’ve gone on so many rides I haven’t even had time to get bored!”) We gave the kids the run of the boneyard for a half hour or so. Rebecca said the jeep was her house and invited us all for the tour. She really is something else!

Rebecca's new home:
P1160122.jpg

Next up, finally we see a parade and dinner at Boma!

SUCH a great point about the kiddos needing some down time to just play! I always forget that, thinking we're having so much fun doing Disney stuff, who wants to climb around on a jungle gym? But the days I make the time for DS4 to spend 15-20 minutes in free play are always our best WDW days.

Sounds like a terrific AK day!

I'm all caught up now! :love: I'm in love with your kids! They are soooo cute!

Even though it wasn't that exciting, I think it's great that Anabelle and Rebecca got to wake up Tinker Bell! :tinker: My girls got to do that several years ago, and they still talk about it when we go into Tink's Treasures!

Wow! Getting to see Cinderella was cool, too! princess:

Great pictures of EE in the fog! I bet it was neat riding it that morning! I can't wait to hear how you liked your dinner at Boma!

-Michelle

Great installment! Love the pics of your kids, so cute!

And so glad you ran Rebecca to the bathroom and didn't just let her go on the Panganini Trail like the lady did when we were there!:eek:

Allyson :)

What a wonderful trip report! Thank you for sharing your memories and photos - you have 3 beautiful children!!
I look forward to reading more!!! :tink:

Ellester, you've given me a much needed Dis-fix! One thing I love about these trip reports is that I can live vicariously through them and pretend I'm at the World in between trips. Okay, I've been once so far, but I'm already planning my next trip! Okay, it's a whole year away, but what's your point?!!

You have beautiful children, and it looks like you all have loads of fun on this trip. We went with my Mom on our last trip too, and fully intend to take her along again!

Thanks for letting me tag along on this trip report! :thumbsup2

What a great trip report! Your children are darling!

I really like the other CoP song too! Loved seeing the words in print ~ sang right along :) Years ago you could ask for the sheet music to the song ~

A sort of sad aside ~ the song we like is not the original ~ the one they have now is the original, though for the life of me I don't know why they changed back. The one we like is so catchy and cheerful!

Thanks for letting us tag along on your fun WDW trip :)

I finally caught up with the last couple of installments! I love this trip report! Your kids are so cute and you seemed to really enjoy your trip! i cant wait to hear more about it! :goodvibes

Personally, I would go for Akershus. It is significantly cheaper and other than Cinderella, the princess rotation is generally the same. But, then again, there is something special about eating in "the" castle. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra samolians to you. I'm sure your daughter would enjoy either one.

We were at Boma at 5:30. We probably passed you as we were leaving! Did you see the CM's dancing and playing drums in the lobby? That was really cool.

Yes, we saw the dancers and drummers when we arrived! Darn, probably walked right by you! I finally caught up on this review, I love it! You know I have never seen the sword in the stone thing, how have I missed that!? Haven't seen you on the peeps board lately? Where ya been?

Another lovely episode, thank you. The bug pictures are adorable. I love times like that with my kids!

Thanks, T&T! I have always loved Disney, but it is so much cooler being able to share it with your kids!

SUCH a great point about the kiddos needing some down time to just play! I always forget that, thinking we're having so much fun doing Disney stuff, who wants to climb around on a jungle gym? But the days I make the time for DS4 to spend 15-20 minutes in free play are always our best WDW days.

Sounds like a terrific AK day!

Right there with you V! I always look at the playgrounds as big time sinks and a waste of admission. But, I have to say that this trip drove home that kids just need to run and be free sometimes even if it means not riding Space Mountain that one last time!

I'm all caught up now! :love: I'm in love with your kids! They are soooo cute!

Even though it wasn't that exciting, I think it's great that Anabelle and Rebecca got to wake up Tinker Bell! :tinker: My girls got to do that several years ago, and they still talk about it when we go into Tink's Treasures!

Wow! Getting to see Cinderella was cool, too! princess:

Great pictures of EE in the fog! I bet it was neat riding it that morning! I can't wait to hear how you liked your dinner at Boma!

-Michelle

Thanks Michelle! I am loving your trippie too! Your kids seem to still be so full of joy and happy to spend time with their parents. That is a real blessing!

The fog at EE was really cool. The day ended up cloudless, but that morning it really was eerie. The Boma installment is coming up, hopefully today!

Great installment! Love the pics of your kids, so cute!

And so glad you ran Rebecca to the bathroom and didn't just let her go on the Panganini Trail like the lady did when we were there!:eek:

Allyson :)

Ah yes! I remember that from your trippie! I hoped she could hold it, so off we raced. She does have that bad habit of putting it off when there is excitement going on and then we have to make a mad dash!

What a wonderful trip report! Thank you for sharing your memories and photos - you have 3 beautiful children!!
I look forward to reading more!!! :tink:

Thanks Renee! I hope to get more posted today. My mom was here for the weekend, so visiting with her curtailed my DIS time! ;)

Ellester, you've given me a much needed Dis-fix! One thing I love about these trip reports is that I can live vicariously through them and pretend I'm at the World in between trips. Okay, I've been once so far, but I'm already planning my next trip! Okay, it's a whole year away, but what's your point?!!

You have beautiful children, and it looks like you all have loads of fun on this trip. We went with my Mom on our last trip too, and fully intend to take her along again!

Thanks for letting me tag along on this trip report! :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard Bunnysmum! I'm living vicariously through your report as well! Especially the MGM parts, as you'll see coming up we didn't have the best luck there! Moms are a big help when you travel with little ones, that's for sure. With her along we had a 1-1 ratio of kids to grownups so no one had to ride alone.

What a great trip report! Your children are darling!

I really like the other CoP song too! Loved seeing the words in print ~ sang right along :) Years ago you could ask for the sheet music to the song ~

A sort of sad aside ~ the song we like is not the original ~ the one they have now is the original, though for the life of me I don't know why they changed back. The one we like is so catchy and cheerful!

Thanks for letting us tag along on your fun WDW trip :)

Thanks! I think I knew the old song wasn't the original, but it's the first one I remember! I can sing "If you had wings" next if you like.....

I finally caught up with the last couple of installments! I love this trip report! Your kids are so cute and you seemed to really enjoy your trip! i cant wait to hear more about it! :goodvibes

Blayne! You leave tomorrow! Get off the boards and get packing girl! Have a wonderful time (I know you will!) and take lots of notes. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your first trip!

Yes, we saw the dancers and drummers when we arrived! Darn, probably walked right by you! I finally caught up on this review, I love it! You know I have never seen the sword in the stone thing, how have I missed that!? Haven't seen you on the peeps board lately? Where ya been?

How cool is that! If you saw a little blonde boy having a fit on the stairs, that would be us! They sometimes have a sword in the stone show, but I have never seen it. The girls have been reading some Artherian (sp?) type stories lately and were all into it. I know I've been MIA from the peeps. I've been so bad lately I've been embarassed to show my too big self over there! I'll get back over there soon, I promise!

Thanks for hanging around everyone! I have one installment almost ready to go and a bit of time this afternoon. If I can stay away from all the other great trippies that are up right now, I might get some more done on mine! :thumbsup2

Tuesday continues....

My kids hadn’t been real excited about seeing any parades but I really wanted to see the Jungle Jammin’ parade so at about 3:30 we made our way over to Harambe and found a nice little spot on the curb outside the Tusker House. My mom brought over a chair from the Dawa bar and we settled in for a brief wait. We all enjoyed the parade although Rebecca wanted to know why “those families are in the parade and we aren’t?” I’m guessing they were YOMD winners and told her they must have won a contest. She was not pleased that we didn’t win anything. She spent most of the parade scouring the area behind us for good sticks and flowers for her “kitchen” back at the condo and them giving them to me to hold for her. We eventually got her a little bag from one of the shops and made her carry her own flora.

Anabelle waiting for the parade:
P1160124.jpg

Andrew waving:
P1160131.jpg

I love the look on Anabelle's face. She was so happy to have Timon shake her hand!
P1160135.jpg

Pluto!
P1160137.jpg

After the parade, we decided to try the safari again. We walked right on, it was less of a wait than we had earlier in the day with our FP’s! We saw the baby giraffe again and had a great view of the lions and the cheetahs this time.

Lion on Pride rock:
P1160145.jpg

It was approaching 5pm at this time and we had 5:20pm ADR’s at Boma so we made our way to the front of the park. John was stopped by a survey taker and agreed to the survey. It was pretty in depth and probably took about 5 minutes. It was funny when he asked the ages of everyone in our party. John dutifully gave his age, my age and the ages of the kids. The CM (who was an older gentleman) asked my mom’s age and without hesitating, John said “39”. The CM put that in and said “hey, what you tell me I put down.” My mom thought it was pretty funny and saw no need to correct the answer. The bean counters should have fun with that.

The bus for Animal Kingdom Lodge was right there so in no time we were checking in for dinner at Boma. It was quite crowded in the lobby area, but we were seated very quickly. We all enjoyed this meal. John says it was his favorite of the trip. The flavors were excellent. I loved all the soups. I could eat coconut curry everyday and their curry seafood soup was out of this world. Even my picky Anabelle tried and loved the jungle juice (orange, guava, and passion fruit maybe?). As we were leaving, three of the women CM’s from Africa were playing the drums, chanting, and dancing in the restaurant lobby area. It was quite a show and we enjoyed watching for a few minutes. One CM was showing some kids how to do the dance. My kids were more interested in heading to the marketplace, so we didn’t stay to watch the whole thing.

It seems that the Animal Kingdom Lodge has so many activities going on. We explored the Lodge a few years ago on a non-park trip (yes, I know, perish the thought!) and the kids were able to learn about African instruments and get a bead for a necklace. They apparently have activities every day where kid’s can earn a bead and then have a necklace at the end of their visit. With that and the animals, it seems like it would be a great place to stay. Maybe after the Animal Kingdom Villas open we’ll stay there. Always got to be thinking of those next trips, right?

After browsing through the store, we jumped on a bus to Downtown Disney. This was probably the most convenient thing about staying at Saratoga. We got off the bus at the Marketplace stop, which is the first one, and then just walked the few minutes back to our villa. Much simpler than changing busses and much less waiting too.

My mom and I headed over to the Artist’s Palette to renew our milk supply. Anabelle was very interested in watching Flubber, she had never seen it. It is part of the themeing in the queue for Journey into Imagination, so Cassie had told her all about it while we were in the queue at Epcot on Sunday. One of the perks of DVC membership is free movie rentals at DVC resorts so on my mom’s suggestion we checked it out. Back at the villa, John had overseen baths so the kids watched some of Flubber and we hit the sack to be ready for MGM in the morning!

Yet another lovely day, Anabelle's face is so lovely in the photo of her shaking Timon's hand! I really want to check out AKL this year although I don't think my family would like the food!

Sounds like a great day Ellester! :thumbsup2 We had Animal Kingdom Lodge on our 'list' but never got around to it - yet another thing to save for next time! It sounds terrific though. Great point about being able to get the bus from the resort to Downtown Disney and walk from there. Wow!! That really is a handy feature of staying at SSR!!!!

Looking forward to more!! :)

Yet another lovely day, Anabelle's face is so lovely in the photo of her shaking Timon's hand! I really want to check out AKL this year although I don't think my family would like the food!

Thanks, Disney Jo! You might be surprised with the food. There is enough "normal" meat and potato type things that they might do alright. They could always fill up on Zebradomes!

Sounds like a great day Ellester! :thumbsup2 We had Animal Kingdom Lodge on our 'list' but never got around to it - yet another thing to save for next time! It sounds terrific though. Great point about being able to get the bus from the resort to Downtown Disney and walk from there. Wow!! That really is a handy feature of staying at SSR!!!!

Looking forward to more!! :)

Hi, Deb! It is a really neat place, so unique! The ability to walk to SSR from DTD was great, it saved us bunches of time. I was very pleased with our first stay at SSR. I had originally thought we'd try to stay at a different DVC each time, but now I'm not so sure since we liked SSR so well!

Thanks for holding on everyone! We've been fighting the crud all week, :sick: but hopefully we're all on the mend! Next installment coming soon.......

Wednesday January 17th

Sometime during the night, Andrew had fallen off the bed and was sleeping on the floor. It didn’t seem to bother him any and we didn’t know until we woke up. He seemed to be comfortable, so we let him sleep for a few more minutes in the morning. As hard as it was for me to believe, it was already our vacation’s “hump day”. This was our fourth day in the parks and we had three more to go. It’s amazing how quickly a vacation flies by. Months and months of planning and it’s over in a blink. OK, enough of waxing philosophical.

As we were getting ready to head out I hear my mom calling me from her room. Andrew was throwing up in her bathroom. OK, great. He did the normal two year old freak out thing for a few minutes but we got him cleaned up and tried to assess the situation. He seemed to be feeling OK, so we decided to head over to MGM and see how the day went. Despite our extra time in the villa, we were still at the turnstiles before they opened. Andrew started crying and I knew what was next. He was sick again. My mom and I sent John and the girls in to the park now that the turnstiles were opening while we considered our next move.

This is one of the hardest things for me. What to do, what to do… We are on vacation, we have spent lots of money on tickets and the dining plan, but my little guy is not feeling well. I also didn’t want anyone else to get sick, either in our family or someone Andrew inadvertently infects. We sat for a few minutes and walked towards the bus stop. Andrew didn’t want to go back to the “condomini” and seemed much more chipper. So, I made the executive decision to enter the park and rent a stroller. Andrew was very happy to sit in it and seemed to be feeling much better. We headed to Tower of Terror, since I knew that was where John and the girls were headed. Rockin’ Rollercoaster was down for rehab while we were there, so I knew they weren’t there! My mom found a bench and I hopped in the queue hoping to catch up with them since we had still gotten in the park during the preopening show. But they were nowhere to be found, so I rode solo. I love, love, love this ride. I have no motion issues with this ride, since it doesn’t turn at all. This was the first time I had been on it since the drop sequence has been randomized. What a wonderful improvement!

I met up with everyone outside the exit shop. John and the girls were very happy to see us. The girls absolutely loved the ride and begged to go on again. We had gotten FastPasses, so we told them we would later. We decided to get Andrew a soft pretzel and see how he did with it. My mom tore off a HUGE piece for him and he chomped it right down. John was a little put out with my mom, he thought we should only give him a tiny bit at a time. I agreed with John, but I shrugged it off as I was not into dealing with family squabbles right then. John and my mom have been getting along quite nicely as of late, but that has not always been the case. This is not the board for those issues, suffice it to say I was on guard for any flare ups from that point on.

Rebecca's famous!
P1170148.jpg

I had casually mentioned to Anabelle that we might be able to see the Power Rangers and she was all over it. I didn’t realize she liked them that much! I wanted to try to see them early in the day, so we headed over to Streets of America to see them at 10:00am. We were first in line for the Pink Ranger, much to Anabelle’s delight. We were talking to one of the handler CM’s while we were waiting and he said that it was good we came when we did. He said that later in the day the lines get crazy and most kids don’t get to see all the rangers in the 25 minutes they are out. Soon the music started and here come the rangers! The kids ended up seeing them all. Andrew was so cute, he hugged Pink’s leg and said “I wuv you power ranger”. He sure seemed to be feeling better! (insert foreshadowing music here)

P1170155.jpg

We did the backlot tour next, although we missed part of the preshow with bathroom visits. First Rebecca had to go, then Andrew. My mom took Anabelle ahead and we met up with them to get on the tram. John, Andrew, Rebecca and I were in the very last row and my mom and Anabelle were two rows in front of us. The ride was fine. Anabelle enjoyed seeing the cages from Pirates 2. At the canyon, my mom and Anabelle got soaked while those of us in the back didn’t get a drop! By now we were considering our lunch options, but headed down Mickey Avenue to see who was out and about. Andrew and Rebecca saw Jojo and Goliath (Anabelle wouldn’t go near them on a dare!) and Rebecca saw the Little Einsteins.

Jojo & Goliath:
P1170166.jpg

Andrew wanted to be held, so he missed Leo and Annie.

Only Rebecca would see Leo & Annie:
P1170170.jpg

Rebecca and Anabelle wanted to see Sorcerer Mickey, so we got in line. While in line, Andrew started “the cry” so John and I took him outside and put him in the stroller to run down to the bathroom. John thought I had a bag at the ready, which I didn’t, so long story short Andrew and the stroller were a big mess. Maybe John was right, he really shouldn't have eaten so much pretzle. :rolleyes1 We got everything cleaned up as best we could (amazing what a bunch of baby wipes can do in a pinch) and put Andrew in the stroller to wait for my mom and the girls to let them know what was going on. Andrew promptly fell asleep, so I decided to stay in the park for lunch since it would really be my only chance to eat. While I was getting myself cleaned up, the girls were able to see one of their heroes, Kim Possible (and Ron Stoppable). They were disappointed that Rufus wasn’t there too.

We decided to go to the ABC Commissary for lunch. It was fine, although we were there after 12 so it was much more crowded than our lunch selections earlier in the week when we ate by 11:30-11:45. Word to the wise, eat lunch early! It makes a world of difference. Andrew woke up towards the end of our lunch (we had rolled the stroller right into the restaurant). He was definitely not feeling good, it was quite pathetic. He just sat there looking dazed. As much as I hated to do it, Andrew and I parted ways with the rest of the crew. John and I saw no sense in making the girls return to the room. My mom offered to go, but a sick boy needs his mommy. I though my mom would have more fun with John and the girls than with me and a barfy boy. On the way out, I stopped in Starring Rolls to pick up an apple juice for when Andrew was feeling better. I told the cashier my woes (the place was empty) and she asked if it was OK to give Andrew a cookie. I said sure, but I didn’t think he’d eat it. She gave me a cute Mickey Mouse cookie for him and I broke off a little piece and gave it to him. He just clutched it in his little hand; he had no interest in eating it. The cashier looked at him very sympathetically and said that yes, he did not seem to be feeling good. She advised me to stop by the first aid station on the way out, just to see if there was anything they could do. I returned the stroller and told them what had happened and they said they had a hose in the back and they’d give it a good scrubbing. They offered to hose it down with Andrew in it, but I declined their kind offer. A security guard gave Andrew a few “Junior Security” stickers, which I thought was very sweet.

We stopped at the first aid station, and just as I figured the RN said there was nothing they could do since he was way past just nauseous. She did give me some of these really cool 3M single use thermometers. You put them in the armpit and dots on it turn green to show you the temperature. She said the astronauts use them on the space shuttle. Thermostrips in hand, we headed to the bus stop. It was a sad lonely bus ride back. Thankfully, I had picked up some small shopping bags from one of the stores (CM’s were very nice when I asked for bags) because Andrew was sick on the bus. :sick:

We made it back to the villa and I set Andrew up with his Wiggles DVDs. The boy loves the Wiggles. He had brought three of his favorites, Wiggly Bay, Yule Be Wiggling (Christmas theme), and Live Hot Potatoes. He had been sleeping with and playing with the cases all week. So we watched the Wiggles and he fell back asleep.

Andrew's afternoon:
P1170171.jpg

I did the laundry, straightened up, sat on the porch, worked on a Bible study lesson, dug through the snacks, took some pictures, wondered what the rest of the crew was busy doing at MGM and then decided I was bored.

Pictures from our deck, this one shows the path to the bus stop. I'm guessing Disney will pave it before long:
P1170172.jpg

Looking towards the Carriage House:
P1170174.jpg

I scanned the channels and ended up watching an old Muhammad Ali fight on ESPN Classic. It was apparently Ali’s 65th birthday and they were showing classic fights all day. Andrew was sick several more times, it is so hard watching your little ones not feel good. He was a trooper though and very accurate with the bowl, it you catch my drift. I missed the rest of the gang and hoped they were having more fun than we were.:sad1:

I'm so sorry Andrew was sick, hope it only lasted one day and no one else caught it! It's bad enough being sick at home let alone on holiday.

Oh no! The poor little guy - that's awful for him and for all of you. It's so hard to know whether it's a one-off thing are a fully-fledged illness. I hope he felt better soon after. :hug: The photos are gorgeous - I love Rebecca's shy little smile! :goodvibes

OH, I'm so sorry Andrew was sick! Poor baby! We just went through this at our house and my dd missed three days of school.

I hope he's up and at 'em soon on this trip!!!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter