The Epic continues.....The Party's Over (***COMPLETED 3/19***)

What a fun installment! I loved the pics of the kidlets!
I can't believe your DS2 is >40 inches! Wow... whatcha feeding him? ;)
My DS is pushing 36 inches... hoping for a growth spurt before our next trip.

So, would you recommend Akershaus for breakfast or CRT for lunch? I want to take DD to at least 1 princess meal, since 1900 Park Fare is under renovation. TIA!:goodvibes

Can't wait for the next installment.

You have such cute children! Ya know, my son had the same height issues. Some rides he was cleared, others he wasn't. He was right at the same 40" mark. It was odd, huh?

Ellester, I think every Peep is writing a report! I am trying to catch all of them and I just found yours! You are making me look bad, I have not even started yet, but the dining review is almost done!

Do you know that we were at Boma on the SAME night!!!? We were there at 7:00! Darnit, we might have been sitting right by each other!

Great report! I am loving the pics!

So, would you recommend Akershaus for breakfast or CRT for lunch? I want to take DD to at least 1 princess meal, since 1900 Park Fare is under renovation. TIA!:goodvibes

Personally, I would go for Akershus. It is significantly cheaper and other than Cinderella, the princess rotation is generally the same. But, then again, there is something special about eating in "the" castle. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra samolians to you. I'm sure your daughter would enjoy either one.

You have such cute children! Ya know, my son had the same height issues. Some rides he was cleared, others he wasn't. He was right at the same 40" mark. It was odd, huh?

Thanks! We like them. It is weird how the measurements go. The CM at Dinosaur had him stand in a particular spot under the bar to make sure he cleared it. There must be a slight bump under the one part. He made it on that one though!

Ellester, I think every Peep is writing a report! I am trying to catch all of them and I just found yours! You are making me look bad, I have not even started yet, but the dining review is almost done!

Do you know that we were at Boma on the SAME night!!!? We were there at 7:00! Darnit, we might have been sitting right by each other!

Great report! I am loving the pics!

I need to catch up on your dining report. I caught the first installment, we've never been to Ohana. I keep wavering back and forth on it, I'm sure we'll try it one of these days!

We were at Boma at 5:30. We probably passed you as we were leaving! Did you see the CM's dancing and playing drums in the lobby? That was really cool.

John and the girls finally emerged from Test Track and we tore Andrew away from the Escalade he was driving and headed over to Mission: Space. First we caught the Jamminators. Andrew really enjoyed the show, he is a musical/percussion loving little guy.

I don't have a picture of Mission: Space, but I found one of the previous incarnation, Horizons, being built in 1983. I always liked that pavilion.
BuildingHorizons1984.jpg

Laura was having some sinus issues, so she volunteered to take Andrew to the exit area and wait for us. My mom and Marcus went on the green side, the rest of us on the orange. John took Rebecca with him and I took Cassie and Anabelle. Cassie didn’t look real sure, and I asked her about 10 times if she wanted me to take her to her mom. But, she insisted she wanted to try it. Of course, as we were buckled in and starting, she decided she really wanted out. Sorry, kid, too late now. She suffered through and we managed to land on Mars. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I will ride it again. As I have gotten older, I’ve found my tolerance for centrifugal forces has radically decreased. Mission Space was right at my limit and if it was any longer, I think my breakfast would have reappeared. It makes me sad, as I love the thrill rides and used to be able to ride anything, anytime. But, as it was, I tottered off and can say that I did it. Cassie was tearful, but overall alright. John and my girls LOVED it. We met up with the rest of the crew in the play area at the exit and decided a snack was in order.

We settled on a delicious combo of hot pretzels and Fruit-by-the-Foot (conveniently stored in my Baggallini!) and decided to hit the classic Spaceship Earth. This is usually now a walk on, and today was no exception. I waxed nostalgic, remembering when it was an hour+ wait and the queue wound around both sides of the entrance. Oh how times have changed! I always enjoy this ride. Anabelle sat with me, much to her chagrin. The whole day was an ongoing argument about who got to sit with Cassie. Cassie and Anabelle typically gang up on poor little Rebecca and exclude her more often than not. It makes me crazy and sometimes I just have to intervene on behalf of my sweet little five year old. So, I decreed that Rebecca and Cassie were to ride together this time. Anabelle liked the ride until the end when Cassie and Rebecca declared it to be borrrr-ing. Then Anabelle declared she only liked it “a little”. Gotta love that preteen peer pressure. Not.

Anabelle had been asking to visit the Imagination Pavilion all day, so that was our next stop. I have always had a soft spot for Figment. I know lots of people aren’t crazy about him, but he reminds me of my trips to Epcot soon after it opened. I don’t think any of the “original” Disney characters appeared in Epcot back then, so Figment was it! There was a longer line for Journey Into Imagination than I had expected, but we toughed it out and were on in 20 minutes or so. Andrew really seemed to like this one, the girls liked it except for the skunk. We spent a good amount of time in the area after the ride. The girls sent their grandparents their picture creations and got their fill of the other activities.

I was worried that since it was later in the day, the wait at Living Seas would be too long. It was longer than I would have liked, but since the kids had their cousins to play with they even liked the queues. The Nemo ride was OK. John wasn’t overly impressed, he thought it was like riding by a bunch of giant screen TV’s. Yeah, but there are real fish in there too! I wouldn’t want to wait for it again, but I’m glad we did it once. We were able to get into the next Turtle Talk show and it was hilarious! The kids sat up front but didn’t want to be called on, so that was fine. The majority of our show involved a running gag about a bra, so maybe not the most kid appropriate. But we grown-ups were all cracking up. After the requisite pictures with Bruce, we were getting pretty hungry.

Yum, yum, yum:
P1140018.jpg

Andrew was too scared to get in the shark, so he settled for a knothole. Still cute:
P1140019.jpg

I wanted to eat in Morocco, which was fine with everyone. Laura requested a stop in Mexico for a Margarita, so we took the long way around the World Showcase. My mom took the kids into Mexico to browse at the market (Rio del Tiempo was down for refurbishment) and we met them inside with yummy Fiesta Margaritas in hand. Andrew was not pleased that I wouldn’t share my “icee” with him, but he got over it.

We finally made it over to Morocco and had dinner at the Tangerine Café. It was really good, better than I had expected and I had fairly high expectations. Laura commented that it was less than ½ the price of their breakfast at Akershus (they were paying cash). Rebecca had a little snit because she wanted a cheese only pizza, by which she meant no sauce. Well, I didn’t realize that since typically we have pizza with sauce so she was not happy when I brought her a pizza with cheese and sauce. She ended up sharing Anabelle’s chicken tenders so no one went away hungry.

Our energy levels were quickly dropping and the air was getting chillier as dusk set in. We walked down to Japan so the girls could look in the store (this in an ongoing theme for the week, they bought almost nothing but they love to browse). Marcus didn’t have a jacket and was wearing the shirt my mom had brought to use for a jacket so Laura wanted to get him something so my mom could have her shirt back. There was nothing in Japan for a reasonable price, so we ventured on. Since this was their only day at the parks, we let Cassie pick the last two countries she wanted to visit. (Don’t feel too sorry for them, they were last in the World in October and visited the other three parks. The child is not Disney deprived.) She picked France and England, so off we went. The girls were very disappointed with the stores in France, our stay there was brief. Laura was still looking for a sweatshirt for Marcus so we stopped in the store by the International Gateway. The did have sweatshirts, but $38 was the cheapest and Laura decided it would be a waste since we were almost done for the day. John and Andrew were way over the shopping experience by now, so they evacuated to outside. We soon followed and made one last World Showcase stop for a very quick run through the toy store in England and a quick visit with Alice. Andrew finally zonked out in John’s arms.

Quite the proper introductions:
P1140022.jpg

We still had our FastPasses from the morning for Soarin’ so we decided to use them before we headed out. John and I sat out with a sleeping Andrew while the rest rode and then we handed off Andrew to my mom and took our turn. Andrew woke back up soon after we had left and was running around like only a two year old can when we got back. We decided we were too wiped to stay for Illuminations, so we headed to the bus. After a short wait and ride, we were back at our villa. I still had the DDP credits to work out and Anabelle and Cassie were still asking for the ice cream I had promised them earlier in the day, they (and my mom) tagged along with me. It was a fairly easy fix at the front desk and she printed out a list of our remaining credits so I could see that it was really taken care of. I accepted their apologies and met my mom in the Artist’s Palette where the girls were browsing yet again. They settled on Chipwiches for their treat since the Mickey Bar bin was empty and we headed back home to collapse.

The rest of the kids were out by the time we returned and we were not far behind them. Maintenance did find my mom’s earring, so that was a nice surprise. Housekeeping also left two sharp’s containers for my mom (she’s diabetic). We didn’t actually request them, so I don’t know if they saw it noted from our last visit with her in 2001 (we requested a fridge for her insulin at the All-Star Sports) or if they saw her supplies while they were working on the sink. In any case, it was nice that they brought them. We all settled in for the night. Tomorrow is MK and a surprise reunion!

Great installment, Ellen! Sounds like a long day at Epcot.

Listen, I know all about the girl cousin thing and who's gonna sit by her and ride with her, etc. Feel your pain there. ;)

I love the CS at Morocco....fabulous. Sorry I didn't eat there last time. AND the shopping in Japan. My kids loved that store too. Did you go all the way to the back where the candy is? I didn't think it would ever end! :confused3

Sorry the Nemo ride is just so-so. I was hoping for spectacular. :sad2:

Glad they found your mom's earring! :)

What a great day! :thumbsup2

Great installment, Ellen! Sounds like a long day at Epcot.

Listen, I know all about the girl cousin thing and who's gonna sit by her and ride with her, etc. Feel your pain there. ;)

I love the CS at Morocco....fabulous. Sorry I didn't eat there last time. AND the shopping in Japan. My kids loved that store too. Did you go all the way to the back where the candy is? I didn't think it would ever end! :confused3

Sorry the Nemo ride is just so-so. I was hoping for spectacular. :sad2:

Glad they found your mom's earring! :)

What a great day! :thumbsup2

It was a long day, our longest of the trip. But since my step-sister and her kids only had a one-day ticket we wanted them to get their money's worth! I had suggested going back so the kids could swim, but Cassie has hair extensions and apparently they can't get wet. The night before she had gotten them damp so another night at the pool was totally out of the question! When she has the extensions they can't even wash her hair!

I was too exhausted by the time we got to Japan to do much more than stare blankly at the Hello Kitty PJ's. :)

great installment! I cant get over how cute your kids are!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I know you are getting excited, your trip is almost here! You and your sweeties (puppy and Todd) are both adorable! I'll have to catch up on your pre-trippie soon!

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading!
I know how it feels to just not be able to go on another minute!

Your little man is just the cutest lil' guy in his knot hole!

The detail about the sauce on the pizza is the kind of expensive detail
that frustrates me when I'm overtired and blistered. Even when it's not my precious angel being picky!

I love all your old photos! I'm more familiar with DisneyLand since I grew up in the area and went a gazillion times. But WDW is my favorite now and LOVE it's history. Seeing it in pictures is just awsome! Thank you for that nice touch!

I am really having a good time reading your report!! The mix of old and new has me waxing nostalgic and looking forward to my next trip at the same time! Great combo!

I love the way your wrapped up the trip! What a great idea. I think I may have to "borrow" that. We are going on a Disney trip this Nov/Dec that is a surprise trip. I am thinking I might get my little kiddos an early Christmas gift and let them have at it! What a neat idea!!

Your three little beauties are so photogenic! Keep up the great work!

HELLO PEEPS!! :yay:

I love the trip down memory lane... wonderful trip report- looking forward to more!:yay:

Ellen, you've been busy! I'm all caught up now - so many good stories and so little time to comment! It sounds like ana amazing trip already, and the kids are all so gorgeous. Great pics!
Looking forward to more popcorn::

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading!
I know how it feels to just not be able to go on another minute!

Your little man is just the cutest lil' guy in his knot hole!

The detail about the sauce on the pizza is the kind of expensive detail
that frustrates me when I'm overtired and blistered. Even when it's not my precious angel being picky!

I love all your old photos! I'm more familiar with DisneyLand since I grew up in the area and went a gazillion times. But WDW is my favorite now and LOVE it's history. Seeing it in pictures is just awsome! Thank you for that nice touch!

Thanks UM! We do love our little guy, although as you well know 2 year olds have their issues! I really want to get to DL one day. The only opportunity I've ever had was when I was out there on business, but DH had some health issues so I didn't get to go. One day I'll ride the Matterhorn and DL's Pirates!

I would have caught the pizza thing if I wasn't so overstimulated by that time. It worked out OK, the pizza really didn't look that appetizing. I should have changed the order when I saw them take it out of the oven, but live and learn!

I am really having a good time reading your report!! The mix of old and new has me waxing nostalgic and looking forward to my next trip at the same time! Great combo!

I love the way your wrapped up the trip! What a great idea. I think I may have to "borrow" that. We are going on a Disney trip this Nov/Dec that is a surprise trip. I am thinking I might get my little kiddos an early Christmas gift and let them have at it! What a neat idea!!

Your three little beauties are so photogenic! Keep up the great work!

HELLO PEEPS!! :yay:

Hey Jacyns! The boxes worked out great. Feel free to borrow and all ideas! I love Disney at Christmas. Maybe December 2008 for us. Us homeschoolers so love those off seasons, don't we? ;)

I love the trip down memory lane... wonderful trip report- looking forward to more!:yay:

Thanks, Krismom. I hope to get a few installments up this weekend.

Ellen, you've been busy! I'm all caught up now - so many good stories and so little time to comment! It sounds like ana amazing trip already, and the kids are all so gorgeous. Great pics!
Looking forward to more popcorn::

Hi V! There are so many great trip reports going right now, I have trouble stopping reading and buckling down to do mine! It was a great trip, despite some major bump that will be reported later. By the way, I love your new siggie pic. Your little guy is so sweet!

We're off to homeschool tennis and park day, but hopefully I'll get some time tonight or tomorrow to post more. The girls are having friends over for a sleepover, so I may get some free time while they are otherwise occupied!

Hey Jacyns! The boxes worked out great. Feel free to borrow and all ideas! I love Disney at Christmas. Maybe December 2008 for us. Us homeschoolers so love those off seasons, don't we? ;)

Why thanks! Don't mind if I do (borrow your awesome idea)!! You just made a cameo appearance in my pre trip report! ;)

THANKS FOR AN AMAZING IDEA!! Love it!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Monday, January 15th

I think we all slept like rocks, until about 2 am. Anabelle woke me up with those words every mother fears hearing on vacation, “Mommy, I think I’m going to throw up”. Great. Well, I wasn’t overly surprised. Anabelle has a somewhat sensitive stomach and the past two days she had been eating more junk than normal and I don’t think a fruit or vegetable crossed her lips. She didn’t actually get sick and she decided she wanted to go back to sleep. So I dug through the kitchen supplies and tucked her back in with a nice mixing bowl by her side. I may have given her an AlkaSeltzer as well. Half of one tablet usually takes care of her tummy woes. Back to bed and all was well…for two hours. Now it was Marcus’ turn with a tummy ache. Laura gave him a bath at about 4am, that usually settles him down and he went back to sleep. But at 6am he started crying and was not able to hold it down as well as Anabelle did. Laura cleaned up the carpet and after a visit to the bathroom, got Marcus back to sleep.

Laura and her kids were heading back home today, they had school and work on Tuesday. We got everyone up and ready, I called housekeeping about the carpet and they said they would send up a crew with a shampooer. I think we were starting to be the problem guests! First a plumber and now carpet cleaners. We were less trouble for the rest of the trip!

We helped Laura and the kids get loaded up and watched them pull away as we headed to the bus stop. I’m so glad we got to spend a little time with them, but I think all the adults were glad we didn’t have to deal with all the intra-cousin dynamics for the rest of the week. Traveling with three kids is tiring enough, with five it is exhausting! Between moderating who sat by who, who needed a bathroom, drink, snack, etc. we all needed a margarita (or three) by dinner time! Marcus ended up having a 12 hour bug, good thing they only had a two hour drive. We were sorry that Marcus was sick, but we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom!

I was eager to see the kids’ reactions to the castle. Rebecca was only 2 ½ the last time we were there and while she remembers snippets, this will be her first trip that “sticks” I think. Andrew had only ever seen the castle on TV. Soon we caught sight of it off the driver’s side of the bus.

Rebecca's reaction:
P1150026.jpg

And Andrew's:
P1150027.jpg

Getting Laura on the road got us to the bus stop a little late, so people were already entering the turnstiles when we arrived. We got through in quick order and headed under the train station. As soon as we saw Main Street, Rebecca turned to me and said (quite indignantly, she’s really good at that), “I thought you said there were RIDES HERE!”. Being her mother, I replied “there are no rides here. Go ask that man, he’ll tell you that they don’t have rides here.” A CM was standing right there and looked at me a little puzzled. “Umm, Ma’am we do have rides here.” I explained that I was, in fact, aware there were rides here, but I was just teasing my daughter. I’m not sure he got it, but he asked us if we would be in the park all day. When I said yes, he set us up for a private meeting with Cinderella that afternoon. Alright! Score one for the pixie dust! Everyone else in our party was halfway up Main Street at this point, so I caught up and didn’t tell anyone about our meeting (I did eventually tell the adults, they tend to like to know where they are going).

They had the route through the castle blocked off due to the Cinderella show so we veered left and entered Fantasyland that way. Since we were walking right by Tink’s Treasures, I thought why not pop in and see if Tink was awake. I had not planned on trying this as I’ve seen lots of posts on how competitive it can be and how you have to be the absolute first one in the store. Kind of like getting that CRT ADR I guess. Anyway, there were already a mom and young girl in the store talking to a CM so I figured, Oh well. But the CM walked back to the register so I asked if Tink was awake yet. Well, after some consultation with another CM, it was determined that she was still sleeping and that Anabelle and Rebecca could wake her up. To be honest, it wasn’t as cool as I would have thought. They gave Anabelle a wand and had her tap a chest three times saying loudly, “Wake up, Tinkerbell!” each time.

Wake up, Tinkerbell!
P1150029.jpg

After the third tap, the lights around the store flickered and the “Tink” music began. I really didn’t think Anabelle was that impressed, but she has since told all her friends that she “got to wake up Tinkerbelle”, so I guess it was a bigger hit than I thought. Rebecca just stood by and watched, but that didn’t seem to bother her at all. The CM’s had the girls peak in the keyhole to see Tink flying by, they both thought that was pretty cool. The girls got a YOMD certificate for waking Tink and we were on our way.

Sidenote, when Anabelle was a toddler we were in a playgroup. One of the little boys had an older sister (probably about 4 at the time) who could not remember Anabelle’s name. She always called her Tinkerbell.

The adventures in Tink’s Treasures took longer that I thought, but the line for Dumbo was still pretty short so we hopped in. Here is where I first noticed the many “earning my ears” ribbons around the World. Apparently the College Program had just gotten a new batch and there were trainees just about everywhere. One of the the trainees at Dumbo had to be 70, if he was a day, so he may not have been a part of the College Program. But, all the rest of the “red ribbon” group we saw that week were fresh faced Co-eds. I had a friend who Co-op’ed in the Imagineering department when we were in college. That was the dream job of the program. I would have loved to have done that, but I guess my time as an engineering co-op at a HVAC Manufacturer’s Representative firm was just as fun. Well, not really, but I did get to look at a lot of interesting blueprints. Flashback over, where were we? Oh, right. Dumbo was, well Dumbo. Andrew seemed to like it, his very first MK ride! We hopped over to Peter Pan and rode with basically no wait. I’ve always loved this ride, but I really don’t understand why it is popular enough to be a FastPass. Whatever, we enjoyed it as usual, happy we didn’t have to wait in a long line.

Next stop, Pooh, again with no wait. The kids loved it, I really miss Mr. Toad. Mr. Toad was always one of my favorites and I was very sad to see it go. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pooh. He’s always been one of my favorites. My kids are now using the 100 Acre Wood towels I had when I was little, faded as though they are. But, I still miss Toad et al.

By now the grown-ups were jonesing for some caffine, so I headed over to get some coffee by way of the Space Mountain FastPass machines. I met up with the rest of the gang in the Pooh play area and we had a nice little break. I ended up drinking most of my mom’s iced cappuccino since it was sweetened. We had assumed it would be an iced cappuccino, not a over sweetened iced cappuccino. Since my mom is diabetic, half of it was about all she thought she could safely drink. John’s hot cappuccino was not sweetened, go figure. Andrew and Rebecca really loved the play area, they would have stayed in that tree all day.

In Pooh's tree:
P1150037.jpg

Anabelle played some, but she is obviously outgrowing some things. Sad but exciting all at the same time.

Anabelle and Grammy:
P1150038.jpg

Break over, back to touring people! Anabelle had been asking to do Snow White since we arrived but I told her to hold off until we got some of the more popular rides under our belts (I’m such a good TGMer!). Now was a good time so we hopped on with again, no wait. Gotta love getting there at opening! The girls played with the sword in the stone for a few minutes and then we hit the carousel.

It wouldn't budge:
P1150040.jpg

I had told Anabelle about Cinderella’s horse and she was psyched to find it. She did and we all enjoyed a whirl around Fantasyland.

On Cindy's horse (notice the gold ribbon on its tail):
P1150042.jpg

There was still no wait for Philharmagic, so that was next. We had seen it last trip and it was just as fun as I remembered. Andrew loves Donald so it was a hit for him. I love watching the kids try to grab things. By now it was approaching 11:15 and lunch time. I gave Anabelle the choice of what she wanted to eat and she decided on chicken fingers so we headed towards Columbia Harbor House. We checked out the line at the Haunted Mansion first and it looked empty. Oh, that’s because it was broken down. OK, back to the original plan and lunch. We ate in the peaceful upstairs area and thought about what our next step would be. Splash Mountain was down for rehab the whole time we were there, so that did affect our plans. We decided to do the Haunted Mansion next, provided it was running. It was and I enjoyed what is one of my all time favorites. I remember loving it the first time I rode it in 1974. Neither of the girls remembered riding this before and it was fun to see their reactions. Anabelle was a little creeped out by the hitchhiking ghosts, I remember being disappointed that they weren’t real when I was little!

Next up adventure land and the reunion....

Anabelle was psyched up to ride Pirates, so I grabbed some Jungle Cruise FastPasses and we hopped in the Pirates queue. Wow, the movie has really given this ride a boost! Both sides were open and still the line was outside the building. The queue moved quickly, though I wonder if they’ll make it a FastPass one of these days. I do like the changes, although I miss the old ending too. Guess I’m just old fashioned sometimes. Can’t have it both ways though. We still had a few minutes before our Jungle Cruise FastPasses were good, so we did the old standby, the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. Rebecca asked me if we could buy it. I told her it wasn’t for sale and she asked if we could buy it IF they ever put it up for sale for $1. I told her I thought maybe we would, if they ever put it up for sale for $1. I think it was a safe answer.

Now our Jungle Cruise FastPasses were good, but our meeting with Cindy was rapidly approaching and I didn’t want to be late. So we headed towards Main Street where the girls got to browse in the stores, much to their delight. Rebecca picked up her first souvenier of the trip. A lovely purple hair/ponytail holder thing. It is almost impossible to get it in her hair without it hopelessly tangling up. But, she doesn’t seem to miss the $10 she dropped on it (hope the treehouse doesn’t come on the market too soon!).

Lovely, isn't it?
P1150047.jpg

We bought Andrew a cute red Mickey hat. He really wanted the blue one, but it was a bigger size and too big. So he settled for the red one and appeared quite pleased with his selection. Anabelle decided not to part with any of her money yet.

We arrived at the Photopass place at the end of Main Street (just to the right after you come under the train station from the gate) and were next in line. I still hadn’t told the kids what we were doing there. There was a mom and young girl (probably 10 or so) that both had 1st Visit buttons on in front of us. They were both so excited! It is always fun to see that first time excitement on people’s faces, no matter what their age! They didn’t spill the beans as to why we were there and it was soon our turn. We entered the room and there she was, Cinderella! All three kids were excited, even Anabelle who is sometimes too old for this kind of thing. It was so nice to see the unabashed joy on her face! Andrew started talking up a blue streak. “Your castle big. Dere it is, behind you. Right dere!” He was pointing to the pictures of the castle on the wall. Cinderella took them over and they looked at each one.

Cinderella pointing out the castle:
P1150049.jpg

She was really wonderful with the kids. In the first part of this report, I mentioned how Cinderella had danced with Anabelle when she was two. I reminded Cinderella that she had met Anabelle before and she was right on it. “Oh, you’ve grown so much since then!” etc. She even signed her book, “to my old friend”. It was so sweet, tears came to my eyes. I was also impressed when Cindy asked if the girls were good in school and they said “we don’t go to school, we’re homeschooled”. She replied, without skipping a beat, “well that’s school too, isn’t it?” Cinderella is pro-homeschooling! Who knew? The time for our reunion was up, so we headed out with our new Photopass card in hand!

It was about 3pm by this time and at this time each day, swarms of what I think were immature love bugs came out. We never had a problem other than from about 2:30 to 3pm each day. During those times they were everywhere, like clouds of gnats. Just a nuisance, but we made sure to keep our mouths closed while walking thru the swarms. We decided to head to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain FastPasses. Since we were right under the station, we decided to hop on the train. We all enjoyed the break and Andrew loved riding on a real train again. We hopped off at Mickey’s Toontown Faire and sent my mom and Andrew on the Peoplemover (TTA). The girls were nervous since they couldn’t sit next to us on Space Mountain, but they really wanted to ride so they sucked it up. They loved it, as I knew they would. I liked it too, but again I am aging out of these rides I think. Once this trip was enough. We called mom on her cellphone and she and a now sleeping Andrew were on their third trip around on the TTA. We got on for a ride and met up with them at the end. Andrew was still groggy, so my mom and I took him into Carousel of Progress while John took the girls on the AstroOrbiters. CoP is another sentimental favorite of mine, although I do like the old song better (no surprise there). “Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize, live every minute, open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterday’s memories are sparkling and new, tomorrow is still but a dream. Right here and now you’ve got it made, the world’s full of laughter and you’re in the parade. Now is the time…..” But, the new song is OK too. Andrew promptly fell back asleep in my lap and we rotated through the century. The 40’s scene ended and the song began, and we stayed right there. OK, what now. We’ll the scene played over again and thankfully we moved on to today, complete with a round of applause from the audience.

We had 5:20pm ADR’s at Chef Mickey’s and it was approaching 5 so we decided we should head on out. We jumped on the train from Toontown Faire to Main Street and took the monorail over to the Contemporary. We made good time and had a chance to browse around on the Concourse.

My Goofy children:
P1150056.jpg

P1150057.jpg

We checked in, got our picture taken, and waited about 5 minutes to be seated. The characters were close to our table, so we decided to wait and see them before we headed to the buffet. The character interaction was wonderful all night. We were not planning on returning to a park that evening, so we didn’t feel rushed at all. It was a nice feeling. Pluto came by first and Andrew was enthralled!

P1150058.jpg

Minnie stopped by next and Andrew spent some time showing her his new Mickey hat. She was suitably impressed.

P1150060.jpg

Donald, however was not impressed, and threw Andrew’s hat onto the bench. Andrew was tottering on getting upset, but Donald got the hat and put it back on Andrew’s head and gave him a hug. I explained to Andrew that Donald wanted Andrew to wear a Donald hat and that seemed to smooth everything over.

Andrew wanted that hat back:
P1150064.jpg

Friends again:
P1150063.jpg

Goofy was next followed by the main cheese. Andrew spent a good amount of time explaining to Mickey that he had wanted the blue hat, but it was too big, so he got the red hat, and it fits, and it has Mickey on it, See-there’s Mickey on it, see the ears, it goes on my head…… Mickey was a good sport and seemed very pleased that Andrew was not wearing a Donald hat.

P1150069.jpg

Pluto stopped by again and Anabelle scratched him behind the ears. His leg started shaking and that sent the girls into gales of laughter.

P1150076.jpg

Somewhere in there we waved our napkins. We saw all rest of the characters again for a quick hello. It really was a lot of fun. The food was pretty good too. Buffets really do work best with our kids, I can at least get a few bites of fruits and veggies in them that way. Anabelle made fairly healthy selections, she didn’t want a repeat of last night.

Properly stuffed we headed back to the monorail and caught the bus at MK for SSR. On the bus, some sort of sisterly disagreement arose and my sweet little Rebecca slapped her sister full across the face. This of course, sent Anabelle into hysterics. Rebecca had just gotten herself grounded from swimming that night. I hate to punish my kids on vacation, but obviously I couldn’t let her get away with it. I comforted poor Anabelle, I know it hurt. I saw it and it made me flinch!

John stayed in the villa while my mom and I took Anabelle and Andrew to the pool for an hour or so. Back to the room for baths and jammies and the kids watched a little TV before we did the mean parent thing and made them go to sleep. Tomorrow we were to be up bright and early for Animal Kingdom and Expedition Everest!

Wow great day, Andrew was so cute about his hat! A private meet with Cinderella you're so lucky, was it just right place at the right time luck? Glad you enjoyed CM as we're going there on our trip and now I can't wait!

Great installment! I love hearing how Andrew told Mickey all about his hat. My girls also fought at least once on our trip. Sisters....go figure! LOL!!

Ellester, I'm shocked. I had no idea you were doing a trip report. Somehow I missed it until now - probably cause I wasn't online much around the time you started it. I can't tell you how impressed I am. It's an absolutely brilliant report. :thumbsup2 Your photos from the early days just blew me away - what fantastic treasures those photos are for you and for your children in future years. :goodvibes (I can't get over that old MK passport ticket!!). As for the present-time and the photos of your recent trip, they're just wonderful! Your 3 children are gorgeous. Doesn't Andrew look like Anabelle did when she was younger in that beautiful photo with Cindy?? :goodvibes

I could feel the excitement while I read about (and looked at the photos of) Christmas morning. I just adore the boxes within boxes idea! You put so much love and care into all that planning - that's the stuff that memories are made of in later life when the children are all grown up.

I'm not fully up to date yet. I just *had* to post and say how much I'm loving this. Can't wait to read more. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter