The Empty Nesters Magical Mystery Tour *1/28* Link to New Girl's TR p141

Even though we were early I suggested to Denny that we go in and grab my favorite seat upstairs. I texted Kathy that we had arrived. Because it was still early the line was vacant. My hunger won out and I decided to order even though I really wanted to wait for Kathy and Mark.

I ordered the Anchor’s Away sandwich. I just LOVE this sandwich. Of course, I thought I was just going to be able to stare at it and not eat it until Kathy and Mark arrived. Yeah, right, fat chance. Once bite and I was hooked. So hooked that I didn’t even get a picture.

But I did get a picture of the fabulous view from my favorite table.

I could even see the Tangled area to my right

Kathy and Mark eventually found us and, of course, this little piggy had already finished eating. My bad. I’m sorry. Extreme hunger won out.

Here’s our group shot

Sadly, after our lunch visit with Kathy and Mark Denny and I had to head out to get back to the BC and then the airport.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Couldn’t resist the balloons on the way out

It’s always so hard to leave the magic of the MK.

Love these guys, but we didn’t have time to wait and see them preform.

I’m going to estimate that we had a 4:30 flight.

Why do the skies turn blue when its time to leave? WHY?????

I guess we decided to take the bus back thinking it would be faster.

This was the first time I had ever seen the new super stretch buses - obviously parked at the Pop Century stop.

When we got back to the beach club we had a few minutes before we needed to leave for the airport so we headed in to the lobby to hang out for a few and take a bio break.

Continued In the Next Post...

I love this room

And while we were sitting in the lobby I got the text message that said our flight was delayed by an hour.

An hour you say?

Well, there’s only one thing to do when you are at the Beach Club and your flight is delayed.

You go back into Epcot!

Clearly the crowds had picked up since this morning.

Kind of a tease knowing we only had an extra 45 minutes to explore.

Denny decided he was going to get a beer. I probably got a snack at one of the kiosks while he set off to find the perfect beer.

The view from my table

where I waited and waited and took a picture of my passport that I barely got to use

and waited

and waited

and waited some more

Continued In the Next Post...

At first the waiting was quite relaxing, but then I realized Denny had been gone for a half hour and was not answering his phone or text messages.

Great!

I was actually starting to get PO’d, because, seriously, who wonders off like that?

Oh yeah - Denny!

I tried to keep busy taking the same pictures over and over. I was afraid to move for fear that he wouldn’t know where to find me.

Then finally, FINALLY he showed up.

The excuse? He couldn’t find the beer he wanted and the line was long.

:faint:

Seriously?

By now we needed to leave for the airport so out we went.

And that’s it guys.

I have no more pictures.

The camera went into the bag and we went back to the airport.

Sort of weird that I didn’t take any other pictures.

If I had any phone pictures they are MIA.

I’m not going to do a final thought update.

Here they are:

All Star Sports is super cute, but the room seems way too small.

I love the Beach Club

Late February/Early March is a great time to visit. The weather is nice and the crowds are low.

F&G is awesome! But you already knew that.

I recommend building in some “leave the bubble time” to your next Disney trip. Kayaking with manatees was priceless!

Traveling to the gulf coast is fun, but the traffic is yucky. It’s too much like traffic at home. There is a lot to do, but I think I like the east coast better.

Seeing baby eaglets is the coolest thing EVER.

And did I mention that I love the Beach Club?

Up Next - The May Girl’s Trip. Wait for the link and the bat signal!

Thanks for reading and all the fabulous comments! Peace out! :wave2:

So sad it's over. An extra hour in Epcot is not too bad though. Can't wait for the link to the next one!

As much as I love Disney DISmeets, there is truly something special about a non Disney Dismeet. To make that extra effort sure does prove how special the DIS community really is. Plus a Glennbo sighting... that's pretty spectacular on its own.

And I have to do it Mary Ellen...

ONE JUDY!
judy.jpg

Splash just looks so pathetic and sad in refurb. At least most of the other rides can be hidden with tarps. Heartbreaking.

Hahahaha, Chip does look like he is stalking that lady.

Ohhhh Yeahhhhh. I love the upstairs tables at CHH. Just wonderful views and so often not crowded at all.

So fabulous that you met up with Kathy and Mark despite already finishing eating.

I so agree Mary Ellen. Leaving MK for the final time is the hardest. :(

Haha, ordinarily a delayed flight is cause for annoyance. Not so much when it affords a little more Disney time. It does make not taking DME a good choice because I imagine you'd have to leave on time anyway and just waste that hour at the airport.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trip Mary Ellen. It was a joy to follow along and get to know you and Denny and share in your wonderful and unique photos. Now on to the next one!!!! :goodvibes

That meet in Delaware looked FABULOUS!!! I wish I had been there- what a great bunch of DISpeeps around that table! :lovestruc But what about our DISmeet in October?

:rotfl:

What are your August dates? We are there 5th -8th pre-cruise....spending a night at VGF, looking forward to that (the rest is at AKV CL, unless I can switch to the poly....still not sure I want to though, kind of like doing a load of laundry before I leave WDW for a cruise, and there will be none of that at the Poly (really not good with the communal laundry, I can't be a slave to it). That really stinks about not being able to get VGF at 11 months out. I would not be happy with that either- but I guess the points are too high then and everyone wants a studio. :mad:

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do here, but wanted to say hi after your last update! :goodvibes

Say it isn't so ...... it isn't over yet? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Okay, first off, I just love all the detail you take pics of. AWESOME!

Your DISmeets look like so much fun and who can resist an Anchor's Away sandwich, when it is sitting right in front of you.

Yeah for an extra hour at Epcot, even though delayed flights are NO fun at all.

How sad you did not get your reservation at VGF. Have you waitlisted it? We waitlisted BCV in April (Eastersunday) and it went through in three weeks.

Can't wait for the next TR - looking forward to the link.

Thanks again for sharing, I just love coming along on your trips. popcorn::

I can't believe its over!

It was so much fun meeting all of you! I'm glad everyone could get together with such late notice.

Send me a bat signal for the next report.

Jill in CO

Great last day....and that is great you got your text before you left for the airport....we got ours after we were already at our gate. :headache:

Great ending Mary Ellen !! I am pretyy sure Carol and I are going to Disney in June ,the dates in the P&P book say June 11th thru 16th. I would have liked to go in Maybut my DD Judy is going away in May and I am needed to be with Kyle and the dogs !! So if anyone will be in Disney in June let me know and we can meet up.

So sad it's over. An extra hour in Epcot is not too bad though. Can't wait for the link to the next one!

An extra hour when you haven't already left the bubble is pretty darn cool. I was thrilled to walk into Epcot again, even though Denny left me standing at a table for 30 minutes. :faint:

As much as I love Disney DISmeets, there is truly something special about a non Disney Dismeet. To make that extra effort sure does prove how special the DIS community really is. Plus a Glennbo sighting... that's pretty spectacular on its own.

I agree. It's always fun to meet DISers on your own turf. Even though I live close to Mark and Glenn, I never would have met either if it wasn't for the DIS boards. This was actually my second real like meet with Mark and Glen. We met a few years ago at the Cheesecake Factory. I think Glen planned that one. :thumbsup2

And I have to do it Mary Ellen...

ONE JUDY!
judy.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Well, OF COURSE, you had to. I just can't believe Pat to Marv didn't beat you to it.

Splash just looks so pathetic and sad in refurb. At least most of the other rides can be hidden with tarps. Heartbreaking.

Good point. It's pretty hard to hide Splash under a tarp. It must be so much work to keep that ride refurbed because they have to do it every year.

Hahahaha, Chip does look like he is stalking that lady.

That is just one weird picture, isn't it? What the heck was I thinking when I took that?

Ohhhh Yeahhhhh. I love the upstairs tables at CHH. Just wonderful views and so often not crowded at all.

One of my favorite places to eat in all of the world. I just love it up there. The views are wonderful! :goodvibes

So fabulous that you met up with Kathy and Mark despite already finishing eating.

I'm a bad DISer , aren't I? :blush: Can't even wait to eat my meal. Shame on me! :faint:

I so agree Mary Ellen. Leaving MK for the final time is the hardest. :(

SOOOOOOO hard. I also have a terrible time leaving Epcot. Those two parks get me every time. :sad:

Haha, ordinarily a delayed flight is cause for annoyance. Not so much when it affords a little more Disney time. It does make not taking DME a good choice because I imagine you'd have to leave on time anyway and just waste that hour at the airport.

Exactly. And I have had to do that before. One trip I had a 3 hour flight delay. Yup - that was fun! NOT!

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trip Mary Ellen. It was a joy to follow along and get to know you and Denny and share in your wonderful and unique photos. Now on to the next one!!!! :goodvibes

You're welcome! So glad you joined in and followed along. :thumbsup2

That meet in Delaware looked FABULOUS!!! I wish I had been there- what a great bunch of DISpeeps around that table! :lovestruc But what about our DISmeet in October?

:rotfl:

It was such a fun, impromptu meet. I'm glad Jill contacted Mark so he could set it up. Definitely a winner!

Our meet up at HS was so fun! And you really hooked us up with the rides. That was so much fun riding together. I will never be able to ride ToT again without putting my hands in the air! :cheer2:

What are your August dates? We are there 5th -8th pre-cruise....spending a night at VGF, looking forward to that (the rest is at AKV CL, unless I can switch to the poly....still not sure I want to though, kind of like doing a load of laundry before I leave WDW for a cruise, and there will be none of that at the Poly (really not good with the communal laundry, I can't be a slave to it). That really stinks about not being able to get VGF at 11 months out. I would not be happy with that either- but I guess the points are too high then and everyone wants a studio. :mad:

We arrive on the 15th. I'm sorry we are going to be missing you. Have you stayed at VGF yet? It is AWESOME! I love it there.

It would be super cool to stay at the Poly. Those rooms look fabulous, but not having a 1BR option is definitely a deterrent for many people.

Honestly, everything was booked - studios and 1 BR. 2BRs were open but that's not an option for just two of us and our points.

Well, I have a lot of catching up to do here, but wanted to say hi after your last update! :goodvibes

I'm so glad you stopped by! :wave2:

Say it isn't so ...... it isn't over yet? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:rotfl2: I think it is finally time to bring this TR to a close. I feel like its been going on FOREVER!

Okay, first off, I just love all the detail you take pics of. AWESOME!

Thank you! I enjoyed going back and looking at my pics. I took them so long that I forgot about quite a few of them! :rotfl:

Your DISmeets look like so much fun and who can resist an Anchor's Away sandwich, when it is sitting right in front of you.

Obviously not ME! :rotfl2: And Yay for DIS meets. They are the best! :thumbsup2

Yeah for an extra hour at Epcot, even though delayed flights are NO fun at all.

I am normally NOT a big fan of delayed flights, but for once it worked out perfectly, even though I spent much of my bonus time at a table waiting for Denny! :faint:

How sad you did not get your reservation at VGF. Have you waitlisted it? We waitlisted BCV in April (Eastersunday) and it went through in three weeks.

The reason I didn't wait list was that I had to borrow points from my VWL account for that reservation. I didn't feel like dealing with those borrowed points since I knew they couldn't go back. I'm sure I could have switched them into my August reservation, but I kept getting the feeling that we were meant to stay at VWL for Christmas. Now I am just going to bank my VGF and have a longer trip in 2016.

Can't wait for the next TR - looking forward to the link.

I hope we can get something going by this weekend. Cynthia and I will have to put our heads together for a TR title.

Thanks again for sharing, I just love coming along on your trips. popcorn::

Thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2

I can't believe its over!

Finally, right? :rotfl: The never ending TR! :faint:

It was so much fun meeting all of you! I'm glad everyone could get together with such late notice.

I'm so glad you let Mark know you were coming. It was awesome to be able to get a chance to meet you. You need to let us all know when you come back again. Better yet, it would be fun to meet up in the World. Maybe our paths will cross there.

Send me a bat signal for the next report.

Jill in CO

I sure will!

Great last day....and that is great you got your text before you left for the airport....we got ours after we were already at our gate. :headache:

It was a really fun last day!

I seriously don't know how I got that lucky with the text. Normally I am already at the airport when I get the delay message. This worked out great!

Great ending Mary Ellen !! I am pretyy sure Carol and I are going to Disney in June ,the dates in the P&P book say June 11th thru 16th. I would have liked to go in Maybut my DD Judy is going away in May and I am needed to be with Kyle and the dogs !! So if anyone will be in Disney in June let me know and we can meet up.

Yay for another Rosie and Carol trip! I am sure you guys will have a great time in June. I was originally going the first week of June, but had to change it to accommodate Brian's schedule. Oh well. kids. What can you do? :confused3

Super final updates, and some wonderful pictures around MK and Epcot! :thumbsup2 Great that you had the DISmeet with Kathy and Mark before heading home, and :cool1: for the Delaware DISmeet with Jedi Jill. I enjoyed being a part of it.......... :rotfl2:

I totally love it. That is one of the many reasons I love staying at the Epcot resorts. Leaving a crowded world showcase AFTER Illuminations is one of the other reasons. :roll eyes:

A main reason I bought BCV. That 5 min walk is amazing.

DVC is really changing. First of all - the price is exorbitant. Secondly - no 1 BR's. Lastly - 2BR's that no one can afford. I am very glad I got in with DVC when I did. I would never buy in now. I am a little disenchanted, especially since I couldn't get my own home resort at VGF at 11 months. Boo!

I was ready to plunk down for Poly early on, really I was. But the Price plus the already high MF just didn't make sense. Doing the math I can get SSR point or even AKL points for half.....

The ability to book is getting a bit ridiculous. I have been pretty lucky but I have AKL waitlisted for May since I can't get anything except SSR and I wil once again have to borrow points so I certainly don't want to borrow more than I may need since AKL is cheaper than SSR.

Great last updates, MEK.

I LOVE your DIS meet in Delaware. How nice that Glenn and Judy came and became honorary Delawarians for the day.

Wonderful pictures around Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I remember us texting back and forth. And no worries about eating before we got there...I would have done the same if I was starving.

It was so good seeing you and Denny again and Mark thoroughly enjoyed meeting you guys. And thanks again for the gifts.

I'm sorry your plane was delayed an hour, but :cool1: you got a bit more time at Epcot. Denny being gone for a half hour and not answering his phone. Sounds just like my husband.

Can't wait for the girls May TR.

Cool Delaware DIS meet!

Wow, that is a really nice view from your table at CHH! :thumbsup2 And I remember that sandwich being tasty too - can't blame you for digging in. :goodvibes

Sweet, a bonus hour in Epcot?! Too bad you had to spend most of it panicking over Denny's whereabouts. :sad2: But still better than sitting in the airport. ::yes::

Looking forward to the next report!

So sorry your Trip is over but glad you have more to come, can't wait to read those.

Love the pics of the F and G Fest. The little passport book is cute! (I love Purple) We had fun going to all the F & W Booths with the passport for F&W.

Awesome you had that unexpected DIS meet near home, and then your Meet with Kathy and Mark.

What an awsome trip, thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!

Boo on Denny wandering off for half an hour when you need to leave for the airport! That would have been stress city for me :headache:

Bummer on not being able to get VGF at 11 months. What's that about? Will you put in a waitlist?

I'll just be missing you in August, I'll be there 4-11 with mom.

I must must must do that kayak adventure. That looked so amazing :cloud9: We'll be at Vero post cruise in May and I was thinking of doing something like that, I looked up the people you went with and they didn't have anything while we're there. I'm going to keep looking.

Thanks again for sharing the adventure :)

ETA: I forgot to mention, yes, I was there in December. 4th annual pre-Christmas trip with mom. We stayed at AKV CL, it was fabulous. 5 days, which is usually a nice time frame, but this time it was too short for me. It was a lovely trip though, but unfortunately very cold. We will most likely miss December 2015 because we're doing one of the Southern Caribbean cruises in January. We're both stoked about that! I'll get back to TRs for my upcoming May trip. That will be a 5 night Bahama cruise, followed by 5 nights at Vero.

It took me 2 days, but I read the whole thing! Thank you for sharing your trip so that I could live through your fun times while I wait to find out when I can go back again! While Disney is obviously the reason we are all here, I loved your side trips! I have been dying to get to St. Augustine with my kids (I was 5 when I first went, back before electricity was discovered), and your photos reaffirmed that it will be a fun trip. My parents have a winter place in Spring Hill, FL on the Gulf Coast, so we are quite familiar with Tarpon Springs. A little kitschy, but fun to explore. We have even eaten at Mama's!
Looking forward to your next trip report while I dream of my next visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter