The Dry Heat Expedition (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Disneyland)--UPDATE 6/12 (KSC and DTD)

Yes, yes, I think you should! Liesa and I could use a good laugh. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Heck to the YES!! Then we can use it at our 2016 Meet and you could visit WDW in true "style"! And the whole world can see it up close and personal. Oh, and the stories and TR fodder it would be! Oh yes, please, he really needs to.

@that's nice,

Yes, I was referring to the actually taking; you KNEW it would make and appearance at some point, right?? I mean how could it not? Over, and over, and over....

Last edited:
Hey, Andy, we need to talk... I think we can work out a deal.
The whole drug deal thing was just a guess. And don't you have more access to stuff like that as it is? :rolleyes1

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES! That one. (I feel so ridiculously immature when that pops up because I giggle ike a little girl every stinking time.)
It makes me giggle like a little girl too.

Oh... wait... nevermind.

I don't think there is a TR that this picture doesn't make an appearance.
Isn't this like the third time in the past couple of weeks?

Your last chapter just had me laughing out loud. At first I was saying to myself how on earth can you get in the car and drive such a long, boring drive after that burger without napping and then I scrolled down. I was not surprised that you had to nap. What really got me was the airport scene and the keys. Totally something my hubby would do. Glad you all made it home safely. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures this summer.

We pretty much made a mess of that last day, didn't we? I think we were just going so hard for so long that it finally just caught up to us. Luckily we somehow survived my idiocy.

Wow You guys really go out with a bang!!!! Sorry about the video camera.

:sad2: I hope I never, ever make that mistake again.

Good job knowing when to hand the driving over to Julie.

That drive was just about the end of me! There's just nothing between the mountains and Vegas.

Oh the keys in the carry on -- that may have actually happened before... it stinks but don't feel bad, just hate when the real world after vacation just slaps you in the face. :sad2:

I would have appreciated a longer, smoother transition back to the real world.

Looking forward to hearing about this summers adventure.

:thumbsup2

Sorry about the video camera. This past Christmas I realized on Christmas Eve that mine crapped out. Oh well, I'll take some video on my cell phone, I'll use the software that I used at HHI to record the bike trip to the beach house. It was a great Christmas, James was in disbelief that he got a new saxophone; Marlene cried when she found a note in her present from Lauren asking her to be her maid-of-honor. Then dad cried, when he tried to save the video and the software crashed. Poof.

NOOOO!!! Man, that stinks. Hopefully at least the memories will last.

I can't believe that your last dinner of the trip was hamburgers. Huh!

I know, right? Go figure!

Admit it, you would have been tempted by a 50/50 burger too.

Did you tip the shuttle driver?

I told him to look both ways before crossing the street.

After the Dis makeover, I stopped getting email notifications and I fell behind. Then, I started gettin' them again but I was still behind. I stopped getting them again and I fell further behind. Still not gettin' them but I am all caught up and your trip has ended. DANG IT! You guys sure went out with a bang! I'm glad that your list of things to see and do was almost complete by the end of the vacation. Now, I'm looking forward to hearing about your next trip.

We tried to max out our time all the way up to the end! Then we crashed.

I haven't figured out a way to insert Disney time into the next trip. Win some, lose some, I guess.

Hunger knows not of tired.

He didn't need the night feeding by then. He was just being a jerk.

See, now with that “thunk” sound the vehicle is just mocking you here.

‘Cause it’s fairly obvious, that had you actually “thunk” about what you were doing…

you wouldn’t have kept slamming the hatch at this point

Thinking is what usually gets me into trouble in the first place.

Remember folks, you head it here first.

I think we've all reached the same conclusion by this point.

That counts as a valid save.

Not quite a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card, but there was some redemption here.

A new video camera made for a nice Christmas present, too.:thumbsup2

Show of hands…

Who here dose not suffer from this malady?

Ummmm… I'm pretty much counting a great big goose egg on that one.

It's an epidemic around here!

Not a cure, but an excellent way to mask the symptoms at least.

I don't know of a cure. Treating the symptoms is all we can do.

Mmmmmmmmm…

Beignets = yummmmmm…

(less powdered sugar is better than the kilo that y’all ended up with, but that’s just my preference)

I'm not too picky when it comes to fried dough and sugar.

And no good will come of that.

Except for these photos.

Good plan.

Resort hopping also helps to mask the symptoms of DDP-syndrome fairly consistently.

But then again, it also just give's you a glimpse of other fabulous places and drives the desire to return and spend more money. So in the long run, this particular curative may not be in any of our best interests (but that won't stop me none).

I don't think any Disney trips are ever in our best financial interest. They sure are fun, though.

Another good plan.

Let me know if you actually figure out how to pull off one or both of those things.

There are plenty of folks that will pay big bucks to know the secret behind either one of them.

:confused3

And since families are generally military dictatorships ruled by a two person junta…

You have a decent shot at enforcing that edict (just watch out for the potential coup d'état).

I can just give Scotty a bank statement when he starts wondering why we can't afford college. It'll be there in black and white.

I like it…

Sign me up.

There are much worse ways to go.

Well, if Scotty’s not going, then I don’t see much of a problem here either.

I think we'll just have to pick our favorite kid as the one to receive higher education.

I would say that’s pretty cool, but it seems to me that whenever you buy any type of sporting related garment or paraphernalia, the person or entity depicted tends to either get traded or sold off. I’d rather not hear that all of Disney was sold off and shut down because Mark bought one of their ball caps.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm not doing this on purpose!

Finally got the shot!

“Good shootin’ there Tex…”

Better late than never!

Trust your research. I’ve relearned that one a couple times as well.

::yes:: It's tough to have to keep re-learning that one.

It’s amazing what counts for hysterical when one is “punchy”.

Some of our family’s best inside jokes come from similar conditions while traveling.

Try to tell someone else about it and you get blank stares.

Recount it at the dinner table though…

We still shout "Rancho Cucamonga!" just for fun.

Mmmmmmmmm, bacon…

::yes::

Nope…

Haven’t the foggiest.

Well, you see, there was bacon.

I think there’s a Manlaw buried in there somewhere.
If not, it ought to be.

Sounds good to me.

Not bad at all.

I’d have done something very similar (give or take maybe an item or two) if given the opportunity

I might have gone with bbq sauce. I didn't really taste any bacon in the bacon ketchup. You could also have added this:

IMG_6800.jpg

I live in SC… between the Chanticleers and Gamecocks, I get the distinction.

But then again, our household now roots for Catamounts

As I understand it, being a fan of the Hokies would be worse. :scared:

Although that's almost where I ended up going to school.

One of my favorites as mascots go.

The story I’ve heard is that the students actually voted for that one as a protest against all the other mascots form all the other schools that they were never gonn’a beat at any sport but who could never compete with their prowess in either cutting edge research or surfing acumen.

Can’t prove it… like the story…

It's too good of a story to bother fact-checking.

First the vehicle mocks you…

Now it’s nature herself.

Happens all the time.

Now that there is what we call: tuckered.

I'm surprised I lasted that long, to be honest.

Nope, haven’t heard of the establishment, but the specialty does sound intriguing.

Mmmm...deep-fried mashed potatoes.

Has anyone ever truly had enough?

Not around these parts.

“My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay.

It was his true medium. A master.”

Between the error itself and the actions of the bus driver, had I been in your place here...
I don’t see that I’d have been able to keep those thoughts unuttered.

"Oh....ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuudge."

I've had a lot of practice at public workshops over the years.

Yep… “fessing up“ would have been the worst part of it.

:sad2:

Awwwwwwwww!

Hey, I was disappointed too.

Now even your youngest is mocking you.

Oh wait…

I believe he’s been doing that pretty much the whole trip.

He'll have to get in line.

And what a fabulous expedition it was.

Thanks for letting us travel along.

Thanks for re-living it with me!

Actually reminds me of another fine moment in Doofus History.... :stir::lmao:::yes::

There are so many!

I don't know what you are referencing.

If you are talking about me, I have so many of those moments. Please remind me which particular moment you are thinking of. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

See?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bacon and am actually having it for dinner tonight with the Mickey Waffles Mark is making me.

Whew. Thank goodness. I was really getting worried that all that Starbucks had destroyed your taste buds forever.

Dare I say, I miss these days.:duck: Only on Disney vacations though. My own personal alarm and i'm A-OK with that!:thumbsup2

You can borrow Drew if you want. Then Julie and I can sleep in.

OH NO!!!:sad::scared::scared: That really, really stinks. Not the best way to begin your morning.

And I only had myself to blame!

Phew, I thought we were the only family to suffer from DDP.

I think it's a pretty common affliction.

Excellent treatment option :thumbsup2

We have a lot of experience dealing with this.

These look divine! Haven't tried them from this exact spot, but have tried them in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. Wonder if they're the same?

I would imagine they're similar. It's not like the ingredients have a lot of variables.

Love seeing the evidence all over the ground and table tops!

If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face :thumbsup2

Ooh, I like that. Totally stealing it.:rotfl:

College is totally overrated nowadays.

It sure doesn't seem to give you as much value for what you spend.

Yay glad you were able to get this picture with annoying people in the way!

:cool1:

Oh dear. This sounds phenomenal. :faint:

Please stop. :faint:

Never! We must spread the word of bacon!

This is why i'm soooo not looking forward to driving to Vegas. There are no direct flights being offered out of our local airport so it's either driving to LAX and take a direct or drive and save $200 but have about a 12 hour roundtrip. And I hear the drive is BO-RING!

It's a boring drive, but I would be way too cheap for the airfare for that short of a trip.:rotfl2:

I've done this a few times for DH. And i'm sure i'll have to do this if we do have to drive to Vegas.

Generally I don't mind driving at all, and Julie likes to just nap in the front seat. And I can't fall asleep in a car or plane...unless I'm really, really tired.

They have the best heath bar cookies!

I had too many potatocakes to try the dessert!

:eek: Oh my gosh. What a freakin' day.

:faint: We got a nice, cold dose of reality.

Leshaface said:
How did you know we did this?!

It's pretty obvious, just from the stinkeye.

Leshaface said:
What a fantastic trip you guys had! Maybe minus the last day incidents you had personally, but overall, a successful trip! Can't wait to hear your recap.

I think the trip worked out much better than we'd hoped, especially traveling with a 6-month-old!

So so tempting.......

Uh oh.

She couldn't be possibly be talking about the whip picture...... :rolleyes:

This train is gaining momentum...

Of course, this one certainly qualifies as well as a close 2nd. ;)

Not sure we're gonna be able to stop this now!

This one?

And there it is. Thanks for classing up this TR a bit.:rotfl:

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES! That one. (I feel so ridiculously immature when that pops up because I giggle ike a little girl every stinking time.)

I'm going to be in so much trouble, but I'm literally :rotfl2:as well

I think we all are :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I don't get how that is a doofus moment?

I guess actually posting the picture on the DIS was the doofus moment, since someone always like to bring it back up.

Looks like you answered your own question.

Annnnnnnnd there it is....

I don't think there is a TR that this picture doesn't make an appearance.

Not by my count!

Hey, you sent the whip. The least I could do was use it. :smokin:

Right. Least you could do.

Glad you are getting a laugh out of this... Maybe I should go get the whip and take a 'Whip Picture 2015'

I don't think I could take anything more after the towel photo. :crazy2:
Yes, yes, I think you should! Liesa and I could use a good laugh. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Be careful what you ask for!

ck to the YES!! Then we can use it at our 2016 Meet and you could visit WDW in true "style"! And the whole world can see it up close and personal. Oh, and the stories and TR fodder it would be! Oh yes, please, he really needs to.

I don't think you and Kathy know what you're asking for!

@that's nice,

Yes, I was referring to the actually taking; you KNEW it would make and appearance at some point, right?? I mean how could it not? Over, and over, and over....

She makes an excellent point.

@afwdwfan

Hey, Andy, we need to talk... I think we can work out a deal.

The whole drug deal thing was just a guess. And don't you have more access to stuff like that as it is? :rolleyes1

I know nothing about this, officer! It was like that when I got here.

It makes me giggle like a little girl too.

Oh... wait... nevermind.

:rolleyes1

Isn't this like the third time in the past couple of weeks?

I think you'll agree with me that the towel photo is much worse.

That's exactly why I wanted it. I don't even remember what UCSB's mascot was

I'm too lazy to look it up.

Actually to start the game all of the sousaphones march while playing Yo Ho, Yo Ho. And then at the end of the 3rd quarter we play the scene from the final battle with "Hoist the Colors" and the change the ECU flag to the No Quarter flag, and I'm a history nerd with an affinity for pirates so I think it's the coolest thing ever.

In full disclosure, I love everything we do at games and frequently tell people that at ECU it's more of a spectacle than a game, and the preshow alone is worth it.

Sounds pretty cool. I have to admit, I tend to ignore the halftime shows, etc. at football games. :duck:

Very true. When DBF and I went in December, I remember leaving Port Orleans and it was 83 degrees, and when we pulled in the driveway at home it was 38. Watching the thermometer in the car drop was painful the whole ride back. I tried to convince him to turn around and we'd tell everyone we got lost. Because, you know, I-95...it can be confusing :rolleyes1

Absolutely! I can't believe he didn't listen to you.

If they're dead set on going, I generally try to prepare them a little more. Unfortunately there's a fine line I have to tread between giving them realistic expectations and not scaring them off.

That's understandable. I guess I was figuring if you expect crowds, you're never disappointed.

I'm pretty fly for an old guy! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Just keepin' it real. :cool2:

The same reason I include the baby poop photos. :thumbsup2

To be completely honest I really love everything skinking thing about the Southwest. It is starkly beautiful in its own way, and I'd live there again given the chance. But when you're on the road, and have somewhere to go, yeah, a slow detour can be super annoying.

The Southwest is pretty amazing. I love the red rock country, and it just feels so exotic compared to what I'm used to. Then again, your average Publix is fairly exotic compared to Delaware.

Who am I to argue? :lmao:But to be sensitive and not such a smart donkey, I do hope you can replace it soon with the job you love to go to every day. VV

Ok, I love this, just because I use the phrase "smart donkey" quite a bit myself!

Yeah, that job.

My next interview for a promotion is coming up on Monday! Maybe the 17th time will be the charm.

And totally relate to traveling. I love it. A lot.

I wish I could do more! The sense of discovery and exploration is so addictive.

PHew!! :jumping1: That's certainly something to celebrate!!

That took forever! Now we just have a bad night once in a while when he's teething.

I almost missed this! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

:faint: It's about time, isn't it? I almost feel human again. Of course, now I'm too old to sleep through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom anyway.:rotfl:

Someday, I know, this kid will sleep through the night. It just feels like he never will.
I don't miss those days a bit. I'm glad to hear he's finally figured out the sleeping through the night thing. Izzy didn't figure it out until about 19 months (ironically, she started sleeping through the night when we were in the city that never sleeps).

So remember, kids, if you want to put an expensive piece of electronics out of commission, don’t just give it a good whack. You want to really smack the crap out of it several times to do the job.
:headache: Oh no! I'm so sorry, especially since you don't have a smartphone to take video on.

9:31 a.m.—The aftermath is fairly grim. It looks like a crime scene.
Ha, brings back memories of eating beignets at POFQ - such a mess, especially outside with the breeze blowing. :rotfl:

12:27 p.m.—I-605 to I-10 to I-15. Yep, I’m good. Hey, shut up about blindly following the GPS.
Hey, wait, don't they call all of them THE 10, etc. :confused3 Speaking of blindly following GPS, did you see that news story awhile back about the semi truck that followed his GPS onto a pedestrian bridge in a park? :eek: Crazy.

Behold the “Blue Hen Bacon Burger”: 50/50 patty, bacon-pretzel roll, cheddar cheese, grilled pineapple, beer-battered onion rings, more thick-cut bacon, and bacon ketchup.
That sounds really, really delicious! :thumbsup2 Good choices.

I cannot believe a) you've seen that picture and b) have that picture saved somewhere. :eek: :eek:

You don't know me as well as you think you do. ;)

Did I miss a different, and far more embarrasing picture? Do tell....

Oh there is a picture.

No, no picture. Who said anything about another picture? :rolleyes:

This is a family site...no telling fibs Tim.

I'm not sure that "miss" is the word you're looking for there...

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yes... A million times, yes!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I knew you'd agree!

Oh yes it most certainly is AND Tim best be on his best behavior. ;)

Wait, you saw that photo? I thought it was only on the DIS Dads page.

Awww... it wasn't that bad.

Um...I beg to differ. :crazy2:

I cannot believe a) you've seen that picture and b) have that picture saved somewhere. :eek: :eek:

Yeah, that's got me stumped too.:confused3

Did I miss a different, and far more embarrasing picture? Do tell....

No, no picture. Who said anything about another picture? :rolleyes:

Not that I'm in a hurry to see it again.

I'm not sure that "miss" is the word you're looking for there...

a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

You don't know me as well as you think you do. ;)

:scared1:

Oh there is a picture.

This is a family site...no telling fibs Tim.

Uh oh...Tim's in trouble...

I *knew* this was a thread I belonged on. Do NOT disappoint me, Kathy...

I'm already covering my eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter