The Drinker and Dessert Fiend are Back - Completed 6/26!

You just sealed the deal for me- definitely going in November- that snapper just looked AMAZING!!! :worship:

I really love all your reviews!!:goodvibes Thank-you!

What a great review of CG :goodvibes

The snapper and the cheesecake look like my idea of heaven :cloud9:

After reading your review I am sooo looking forward to eating at CG!! :thumbsup2

I was thinking of getting the Pan Seared Florida Red Snapper and will definitely be enjoying this main course on our visit. I will also remember to divulge in the Valrhona Molten Chocolate Cake! :cloud9:

love your reviews! Everything looks delicious!

Y&Y was my favorite meal last trip. I also had the steak and shrimp and it was delicious!

I am so glad we decided to give it a go again in a few weeks! That snapper looked incredible!!!

Your review of CG is seriously making me rethink our ADRs, I have been hesitant to try it but you literally have my mouth watering that I think we might have to try it on our adult only trip in July.

Out of the five times I've been, four were amazing and one visit was just ok. So I think on the whole, CG is def worth the time!

California Grill! ... :cloud9: ... don't get me started! :laughing:

Your meal looks soooooooooo good! We had the same flatbread too and it was delish! I wasn't sure about the flavour combination at first, but it really works well together.

Your snapper looks right up Tom's street! :thumbsup2 ...... and I would not mind it either! ;)

As for dessert - that cheesecake looks amazing. The presentation is wonderful and your description of it makes me want some right now. And don't even remind me of the sinful Valhrona cake! :love: Can you believe I picked something else last trip? ............ and I even liked it just as much! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the review, Abby! They always take me back to my happy place! :hug:

Thanks for reading Karin!

You just sealed the deal for me- definitely going in November- that snapper just looked AMAZING!!! :worship:

I really love all your reviews!!:goodvibes Thank-you!

Thanks for joining in! The Snapper really was quite superb. I've always really enjoyed the fish dishes I've eaten at CG.

What a great review of CG :goodvibes

The snapper and the cheesecake look like my idea of heaven :cloud9:

They were. :thumbsup2

After reading your review I am sooo looking forward to eating at CG!! :thumbsup2

I was thinking of getting the Pan Seared Florida Red Snapper and will definitely be enjoying this main course on our visit. I will also remember to divulge in the Valrhona Molten Chocolate Cake! :cloud9:

The cake is their one of their signature items, it's not to be missed!

love your reviews! Everything looks delicious!

Y&Y was my favorite meal last trip. I also had the steak and shrimp and it was delicious!

Thanks for reading!

I am so glad we decided to give it a go again in a few weeks! That snapper looked incredible!!!

Hope you have something just as good when you go Kathy!

Can't wait till Cali Grill in July! Everything looks so yummy!! :love:

Enjoy the meal and the view!!

After a day in the MK, we had an early dinner reservation at bluezoo, which is in the Dolphin. I had never been there before and heard good things about it here on the DIS (thanks guys!) so we decided to give it a whirl!

Entrance:
DSCN2232Medium.jpg

Our reservation was for 5:45, and while I realize this was early, the place was deserted save for a few people at the bar. Ahhh, restaurants that don't take the DDP. :thumbsup2

We were seated upon arrival in a nice semi-circle booth.

The view to one side:
DSCN2233Medium.jpg

And the view to the other:
DSCN2234Medium.jpg

Anyone there.....????

Our server for the evening was Matt, and he was very attentive and took care of our needs well.

I started with a Burnt Orange cocktail:
DSCN2235Medium.jpg

Yes folks, the orange on top of the drink is on fire. I can't find a copy of bluezoo's cocktail menu, so the only things I really recall about the drink was that it tasted like watered-down OJ and tequila. Nothing exciting and nothing I would order again, especially at $13.00 a pop!

Mark asked for a glass of of their dryest red wine. I'm not sure what it was, the receipt says "Baby Blue" - I think it was a Napa Cabernet Sauvignon.

It didn't take long for either one of us to decide what to order. I think we both had an idea before the trip started since we like to study the menus. popcorn::

We placed our orders and then Matt brought us the bread basket:
DSCN2237Medium.jpg

It had a Lavosh and Onion Foccacia, served with Fennel Butter. I wasn't a fan of the fennel butter, but both the breads were very good. I had to hold myself back from eating too much of them because I had order the Chef's Tasting Menu! Five courses specially crafted each day....what were they going to be? It was a total surprise until each dish arrived! I was a little nervous about it, but I was feeling adventerous and figured if I didn't like once dish, there should be 1-2 out of the 5 I would like!

The first course was a Hamachi Sashimi with Pickled Daikon, Cilantro Oil, Black Garlic Puree, and White Soy Foam:
DSCN2240Medium.jpg

My first thought when this was brought out was "Oh dear. What have I gotten myself in to? I don't really like sushi!"
But I put my big girl pants on and took a bite. Then I tried another. And you know what? It was AMAZING! The fish was so silky, fresh, and tasted of the ocean in the best way possible. It wasn't 'fishy' or bitter. I really loved it, especially with the black garlic puree. :love: This is what fresh fish should be like! It was just perfect.

My second course was King Salmon with Parsnip Puree, Heirloom Beets, and Ice Spinach:
DSCN2242Medium.jpg

This was very good - perfectly cooked salmon with a crispy seared top, over really yummy parsnip puree. And I love roasted beets...this was a very earthy flavor dish and the meaty salmon went perfectly.

While I was taking a break before the third course, I got up to look at a crazy contraption:
DSCN2245Medium.jpg

I have never seen anything like it before, but I think this is what they mean on the menu when they list "This Evening's Dancing Fish". The spikes rotated themselves, while going around the heating element.

For the third course, I was served a Serrano Ham-Wrapped Monkfish with Stone Ground Grits, Idiazabal Cheese, and Charred Mizuna:
DSCN2249Medium.jpg

Yet another delicious creation! Moist monkfish wrapped in sweet, salty serrano ham, over the best cheesy grits I've ever eaten. I had no idea what Mizuna was, but it seems to be a leafy green and it tasted quite good with the dish.

Mark was served his entree at the same time my third course came out, the Two Pound Maine 'Cantonese' Lobster:
DSCN2246Medium.jpg

They toss the lobster in a soy sticky glaze and serve it with some stir-fried veggies and bok choy.
I'm not a huge lobster fan, but I tasted this and it was pretty good. Mark loved it and was quite a happy camper.

I still had more food coming....on to the fourth course!
Sous Vide Duck Breast, House Duck Sausage, Red Thumb Potatoes and Duck Jus:
DSCN2251Medium.jpg

In the past, I have not enjoyed any duck dishes I've tried, nor have I even had anything cooked sous-vide (they put the dish in a vacuum pack under warm water). But again, I took a bite and really liked the duck breast. It wasn't greasy, chewy or gamey like I remember duck being. It was moist, soft, tender, and tasty. I didn't really care for the sausage though.

And last but not least, comes dessert!
A Trio a Desserts Created by Two Time World Pastry Champion Laurent Branlard:
DSCN2255Medium.jpg

They give you a souvenir menu after the meal when ordering the tasting menu, but it didn't describe the desserts so I'll try to tell you what I remember about them!
On the left is some sort of chocolate cake with ice cream.
In the middle is a chocolate mousse and raspberry cream surround by puff pastry.
On the right is what I would called an apple fritter - The outside shell was like a doughnut, and the inside had caramel and a piece of apple. This one was definitely my favorite.
The desserts were certainly good, but they failed to knock my socks off like the other four courses had. It was a bit of a let down after the rest of the meal.

The first course, the Hamachi Sashimi, was surprisingly the clear winner for me!

Mark and I were at bluezoo a good two hours. In that whole time, only two other tables were seated in the whole restaurant! I hear bluezoo gets more crowded when there is a convention at the Swan/Dolphin, so I'm guessing this was not one of those time. If you want a fabulous, low-key, adult meal in a place that's easy to get an ADR (and probably a walk-up!) to, I would HIGHLY recommend bluezoo!

I'm going back in three weeks and already trying to decide if I want to get the tasting menu again. :yay:

Grade: A- (For the good but not stellar desserts)

Wow at the price of that burnt orange cocktail! :scared1:

You sure were being adventurous - I would have been a bit apprehensive of that sushi.

Love the description of the salmon - sounds like something I would enjoy eating.

Ok I have never seen anything like them dancing fishes...strange? :confused:

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal here.

We ate at Bluezoo on our most recent trip - in fact at the table directly behind Mark in your first picture. There was a convention AND it was a later reservation so it was more crowded. We loved it too!

And for anyone that is interested, you can see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations through the windows to the left of that first picture.

The tasting menu sounds so fun. I may have to try it next time!

I had the burnt orange drink as well and agree that it was not super.

I had to avert my eyes when walking by the "dancing fish." :scared1:

Loving your reviews!! popcorn::

Wonderful review Abby :goodvibes

Thanks!

Wow at the price of that burnt orange cocktail! :scared1:

You sure were being adventurous - I would have been a bit apprehensive of that sushi.

Love the description of the salmon - sounds like something I would enjoy eating.

Ok I have never seen anything like them dancing fishes...strange? :confused:

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal here.

I know, that cocktail was an expensive gamble that didn't pay off!

We ate at Bluezoo on our most recent trip - in fact at the table directly behind Mark in your first picture. There was a convention AND it was a later reservation so it was more crowded. We loved it too!

And for anyone that is interested, you can see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations through the windows to the left of that first picture.

The tasting menu sounds so fun. I may have to try it next time!

I had the burnt orange drink as well and agree that it was not super.

I had to avert my eyes when walking by the "dancing fish." :scared1:

Loving your reviews!! popcorn::

Glad to hear bluezoo was busier when you went. It was quite good and the tasting menu was a fun evening of suprised!

Glad I'm not the only one who was underwhelmed by the Burnt Orange!

Wow! That is A LOT of food!!!

It was...The only dish I finished was the first course!

Love your bluezoo review - the hamachi sashimi looks delicious! I have to try that place soon.

Thanks for reading - you should def try bluezoo!

On the last full day of our trip, Mark and I had planned to get to DHS for RD, but we were getting tired and decided to sleep in. We ended up just spending the day hanging around AKL - so what better place to have lunch than Sanaa?

I had been once before and loved it, so I was glad when we had the opportunity to go.

Some shots of the restaurant:
DSCN2270Medium.jpg

DSCN2271Medium.jpg

We tried a walk up around noon and were seated almost immediately. Even luckier than our immediate walk up seating was our table location - right by the window!

Our view:
DSCN2267Medium.jpg

Our server Kim was quick to appear and kept up the trend of prompt service throughout the meal.

We started with the Indian Style Bread Service, which comes with your choice of three breads and three dips.
From left to right: Papadum, Paratha, and Naan
DSCN2259Medium.jpg

For our accompaniments, starting on the top left, we chose Mango Chutney, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, Red Chile Sambal, and Tamarind Chutney:
DSCN2260Medium.jpg

The hummus was an extra treat from Kim!

The Naan was super soft and fluffy, it was really good. I loved the crispy Papadum with it's slightly spiced flavor, but didn't care for the Paratha - it was extremely greasy and I didn't like the spongy texture.

My favor dip was the Tamarind Chutney, followed by the Red Chile Sambal, Mango Chutney, and Hummus. They were all good, I just really love Tamarind!

For an entree, Mark ordered the Grilled Angus Chuck Burger - wrapped in Naan Bread with Minted Greens, Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber-Yogurt Raita
DSCN2263Medium.jpg

He opted to get the sauces on the side as he wasn't sure he would like them. Mark said it was a really good burger and enjoy having it on the Naan. He didn't care for the sauces though.

I choose the Tandoori Chicken - wrapped in Naan Bread with Minted Greens, Tomato, Onion, and Cucumber-Yogurt Raita.
DSCN2264Medium.jpg

This was just like Mark's dish except for the meat. And it was very, very good. I loved the chicken - it was flavorful, well spiced, hot, and a bit charred on the outside. It was messy to eat (I tried to eat it like a wrap) but totally delicious and worth the awkwardness. It's also a huge portion, I only ate about half. A good dish if you want to share and they also have a shrimp version!

As we were eating more critters came by. This is a mama and baby...Kim told us their names but I can't remember:
DSCN2279Medium.jpg

DSCN2275Medium.jpg

We also saw this guy, CJ the Eland:
DSCN2272Medium.jpg

I decided to have a cup of Tea as it was a cold day. This is the Golden Assam, an Indian variety:
DSCN2274Medium.jpg

It was nice medium-bodied tea and really hit the spot.

I had to have dessert, so I went for the Sampler, which normally has Chocolate Cake, Chai Creme, and Passion Fruit Kulfi. But I didn't care for the cake on the last visit so I subbed an extra Kulfi!
DSCN2273Medium.jpg

These two desserts are amazing! The Kulfi is an Indian frozen dairy treat. The texture is unlike any other ice cream, fro-yo, or gelato I've ever eaten. It starts off feeling like a sorbet, but then gets really creamy as it melts. The Passion fruit flavor is sweet and floral, and it's served with a strawberry sauce.

The Chai Creme is also delicious. If you enjoy Chai, do not miss this dessert! It's got all the wonderful spiciness of Chai in a creamy cross between the texture and feel of pudding and creme brulee.

Sanaa was a wonderful experience and it's my favorite non-signature meal on property. Service is good, food is wonderful, views are amazing, and the restaurant has a really relaxed and exotic ambiance about it.

I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Grade: A

Mmmm I LOVE Sanaa!!! :cloud9:

That dessert sampler is the BEST! The chai cream is my fave. But I love the kulfi as well! :thumbsup2

What an awesome view! Don't ya just love it!

Thanks for sharing your BlueZoo dinner, that lobster looks really yummy (and next time we go to Disney, we must try it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter