The Dream is over, but I don't want to wake up...Sailing into a New Year

Helllllooooooo.... Anybody out there?:confused3

Sorry that I didn't reply, but have been following! Soooo sorry about your after dinner battle. :(

Can't wait to hear more. BRW, showed your mystery to my DH & we are stumped!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am here too, enjoying your adventures. Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have been a "bit" busy lately. ;)

Sorry that I didn't reply, but have been following! Soooo sorry about your after dinner battle. :(

Can't wait to hear more. BRW, showed your mystery to my DH & we are stumped!

Don't give up...I'm spreading it out slowly so that there is enough mystery for the whole TR. There are hidden and subtle clues beyond the obvious ones.

Oh.. And can't believe poor Donald has met his demise!

Lol... Poor Donald always gets bumped off in my mystery games and usually in the same way

I am here too, enjoying your adventures. Sorry for the lack of posts, but I have been a "bit" busy lately. ;)

I know what u mean about busy... Today was day 1 of an 11 day in a row work schedule for me

Several of the staff sang Happy Birthday and Harry did this thing by clapping his hands that sounded just like fireworks. If you go on the DREAM and meet him make sure to ask him to do it.
We were on the Dream cruise right before yours (Dec 26-29) and Harry was our Head Server. He and my daughter traded fireworks claps one night.

Just when you thought we were on vacation...we show up! We actually don't leave until thursday, so you still have time to finish this report!! Sorry to hear your birthday wasn't all you wanted. It happens! Now back to the report:thumbsup2

Just when you thought we were on vacation...we show up! We actually don't leave until thursday, so you still have time to finish this report!! Sorry to hear your birthday wasn't all you wanted. It happens! Now back to the report:thumbsup2

And here I thought I was going to be able to sneak it all in while you were on vacation.
:rotfl2:

What is going on???:confused3 We are gone on our cruise for over a week and you still have not posted an update! Drew even managed to start his own trip report. What is this world coming to? Better get going or he will finish his before you finish yours. Come to think of it, I declare a competition between you two to see who can finish first. Maybe that will get both of you going!:goodvibes

New position = A lot more work and a lot less TR writing time. Literally 13 days in a row of 14 hour days... I would come home and collapse. Now I have a few days off so I will update soon.

I accept the challenge on one condition.... Loser buys the first Drinks of the day when we finally cruise together.

I am back but still busy so updates may still be slow, but now that I have to beat the Zell report :rotfl2: i will put more effort into it. Don't worry I won't skimp on the details....plus we still have a mystery to solve.

We woke up and watched the sunrise outside the beautiful large porthole directly next to our bed. To be honest when we first woke up I was still in a grouchy mood.:sad2: but I quickly decide to try to get over it...I never did completely....heck still haven't put it out of my mind months later...but I did start having a good time.

I quickly put on some shorts and a shirt while Kiyomi gets herself dressed. Now Kiyomi is very fashion aware and is constantly telling me not to wear a striped shirt with checked pants. I didn't, but as you may notice in photos of this day I made a much worse fashion mistake. :scared:

Anyway we went down to the atrium with a basic plan in mind for our day in Nassau. Our group from Japan meets us down there and we decided to try a sitdown breakfast instead of buffet style. I had read about this option in a few TRs here and it sounded great. We went into Royal Palace and were taken to a table. The waiters quickly came around with some pasterie choices. i chose a donut.

Now I made this choice based on the assumption that this donut would be one of those famous Krispy Kreme donuts....folks there is NO WAY you can convince me that it was a Krispy Kreme donut. I'm not saying it was bad, but I know Krispy Kreme. I grew up eating Krispy Kremes. Krispy Kreme in Japan is half the cause of my belly. Unless Krispy Kremes have changed drastically since my move to Japan 16 years ago and Japan has the original receipe now.....that donut was NOT Krispy Kreme. It was 1) too bready and 2) nowhere near sweet enough.
Did I eat it? Do you have any doubt about that? :rotfl2: But it was not what I expected.

There is the evidence of my fashion ability....Hawaiin shirt with checked pants. Wife still gives me a hard time about this.

Somebody....maybe me ordered this.

Tomo ordered this. What was really cool was that all the non english speakers wanted to try ordering on their own. What was not cool was the wait staff didn't have much patience and seemed in a rush.

Overall nothing special to report about breakfast. In fact after it was done the 3 guys and my wife looked at each other and we knew right away that we were still hungry. Maki and Hidemi wanted to see the characters and get some autographs while we waited for the ok to get off the ship. The rest of us as the Hobbitses say went to Cabanas for second breakfastses. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2Well I guess if DisneyZell can update his TR and him being half sick, then I can update mine also. Plus I really want that Drink of the Day on him of course.... :rotfl2:

One little piece of info I forgot until I was checking my notes this morning. Kiyomi complained all night and when we woke up about the room temperature. She was cold. For me it was ok....not hot and not cold, but because I wanted to make up with her, I left a note for Giovanny to see if we could get a couple of extra blankets for the rest of the cruise. Oh I might have mentioned how much my wife liked the bath products.....but more on this later.

Now up to Cabanas for second breakfast. It was a little crowded up there, but not crazy out of hand. We chose a table outside so that we could look off the back of the ship at Nassau. Now none of us were super hungry, but we wanted to get things that we didn't get at the sit down meal. For me that was fruit and bacon in syrup. Hopefully you remember that the wife was watching the bacon situation. So I had to develop a strategy. I went up and got a large bowl of fruit. Have I told you before how expensive fruit in Japan is? Well let me give you an example...1 watermelon about the size of a bowling ball can easily cost $50 or more....1 cantaloupe from Hokkaido can run even more than that. Therefore in theory....if I could eat enough fruit I could pay for the whole cruise. So with my bowl of fruit I went to the table. I then told Kiyomi I was going to get some juice to drink and followed Tomo while he was getting his tray of goodies. I got a plate of bacon with some syrup and added it to his tray. I gave him the International symbol for SSSShhhhhh it's a secret( place your pointer finger to your lips and go SSSshhhh) then I went and got my juice.
Back at the table I kept Kiyomi busy by pointing out that she should be videoing the seagulls, the scenery, the James Bond hotel ..etc....etc... While she was doing this I enjoyed my bacon and syrup. She still doesn't know yet. So I'm depending on you to keep the secret. SSSSSssshhhhhh!!

After breakfast we made our way to our meeting point to wait on Maki and Hidemi. Our meeting point throughout the cruise was the little corner near the drink station and the Aquaduck stairs.
Upon our arrival....no Maki and Hidemi. I wasn't surprised as they do love their characters. I'm ok with that, especially I personally was in no hurry to get off the ship for Nassau....I don't like nassau. To be fair though I haven't explored it beyond the shops thanks to my wife.

Well while sitting there I saw that there was NO line for the Aquaduck....or atleast a very short line. I decided I was going to ride it while we waited. Everyone thought I was crazy as I was not in my bathing suit. somehow I convinced them that they wouldn't get that wet. You ride in a boat afterall. Kiyomi couldn't go because she was in a dress, but all the guys took off the tshirts and got in line.
My first experience on the Aquaduck was a great one. I told Kiyomi after getting off how great it was and had to hold her back from not stripping down to her undergarments to ride it.She was jealous. I will say however that we were soaked. Of course that is when Maki and Hidemi appeared and they were ready to go. Rather than go back to the room and change we just wore our wet shorts to go into Nassau....That was ok though. It was a nice day and they dried fairly quickly.

This is after our Aquaduck adventure.

Now the walk from getting off the ship to actually getting into Nassau seemed to take forever. It seemed like we were stopping every two feet and taking more pictures. I don't want to sterotype anyone, but I do beleive the Japanes have a photo gene in their DNA somewhere.

Here are some shots to wrap up this update and getus into Nassau.

:thumbsup2Well I guess if DisneyZell can update his TR and him being half sick, then I can update mine also. Plus I really want that Drink of the Day on him of course.... :rotfl2:

One little piece of info I forgot until I was checking my notes this morning. Kiyomi complained all night and when we woke up about the room temperature. She was cold. For me it was ok....not hot and not cold, but because I wanted to make up with her, I left a note for Giovanny to see if we could get a couple of extra blankets for the rest of the cruise. Oh I might have mentioned how much my wife liked the bath products.....but more on this later.

Now up to Cabanas for second breakfast. It was a little crowded up there, but not crazy out of hand. We chose a table outside so that we could look off the back of the ship at Nassau. Now none of us were super hungry, but we wanted to get things that we didn't get at the sit down meal. For me that was fruit and bacon in syrup. Hopefully you remember that the wife was watching the bacon situation. So I had to develop a strategy. I went up and got a large bowl of fruit. Have I told you before how expensive fruit in Japan is? Well let me give you an example...1 watermelon about the size of a bowling ball can easily cost $50 or more....1 cantaloupe from Hokkaido can run even more than that. Therefore in theory....if I could eat enough fruit I could pay for the whole cruise. So with my bowl of fruit I went to the table. I then told Kiyomi I was going to get some juice to drink and followed Tomo while he was getting his tray of goodies. I got a plate of bacon with some syrup and added it to his tray. I gave him the International symbol for SSSShhhhhh it's a secret( place your pointer finger to your lips and go SSSshhhh) then I went and got my juice.
Back at the table I kept Kiyomi busy by pointing out that she should be videoing the seagulls, the scenery, the James Bond hotel ..etc....etc... While she was doing this I enjoyed my bacon and syrup. She still doesn't know yet. So I'm depending on you to keep the secret. SSSSSssshhhhhh!!

After breakfast we made our way to our meeting point to wait on Maki and Hidemi. Our meeting point throughout the cruise was the little corner near the drink station and the Aquaduck stairs.
Upon our arrival....no Maki and Hidemi. I wasn't surprised as they do love their characters. I'm ok with that, especially I personally was in no hurry to get off the ship for Nassau....I don't like nassau. To be fair though I haven't explored it beyond the shops thanks to my wife.

Well while sitting there I saw that there was NO line for the Aquaduck....or atleast a very short line. I decided I was going to ride it while we waited. Everyone thought I was crazy as I was not in my bathing suit. somehow I convinced them that they wouldn't get that wet. You ride in a boat afterall. Kiyomi couldn't go because she was in a dress, but all the guys took off the tshirts and got in line.
My first experience on the Aquaduck was a great one. I told Kiyomi after getting off how great it was and had to hold her back from not stripping down to her undergarments to ride it.She was jealous. I will say however that we were soaked. Of course that is when Maki and Hidemi appeared and they were ready to go. Rather than go back to the room and change we just wore our wet shorts to go into Nassau....That was ok though. It was a nice day and they dried fairly quickly.

This is after our Aquaduck adventure.

Now the walk from getting off the ship to actually getting into Nassau seemed to take forever. It seemed like we were stopping every two feet and taking more pictures. I don't want to sterotype anyone, but I do beleive the Japanes have a photo gene in their DNA somewhere.

Here are some shots to wrap up this update and getus into Nassau.

Thanks for the trip update! Missed hearing about your adventures! As usual, can't wait to hear more!:hyper:

These are the things that I included in each of the FE gifts that I gave.

1. Tokyo Disney Resort maps...either Disney SEA or Disneyland or both
2.The TDS attraction backstory set
3.Small toy for each kid
4.Japanese currency chocolate bar
5.Japanese kite mini replica.....our area has a famous Kite festival
6.mini puzzle of famous Japanese landmark
7.Japanese print origami paper
8.Japanese signboard....hand made by my wife's mother...left side has our family name and stamp...Middle has a Happy New Year message in Japanese and personalized for each family and right side has each familys name written in Japanese

I also included an Origami How to paper and a letter explaining everything.
I think maybe the group liked it...though I'm not 100% sure as I've only heard back from about 5 families.

Net Up a wonderful discovery while delivering FE gifts and finally off to dinner.:yay:

I'm just catching up (well...it *is* easier to read this way since you take weeks to post updates. I can't imagine anyone doing that). That being said..as we got previews of what you gave out I think it is very cool. Some of the most fun FE gifts are the ones either made by hand or that represent the country you are from. it gives people a feel for what life is like elsewhere...and since you live in a place most Americans (read that as: Me) have never been...it's great stuff!

DZ

Ok this update will not have any pictures because well ...there aren't any but atleast it will get us through dinner. Before that let me go back a little to that wonderful discovery I mentioned.

During my walk around to deliver some FE gifts I discovered a cabin with a pin trading board hanging outside the door. Basically a corkboard that had 8 pins pinned to it with a sign inviting people to trade one of their pins for one of the pins on the board. I didn't have my pins with me at the time, but I got really excited as it had some great pins on it. Upo a closer look at the pins and the decorations on the door I realized that whoever these folks were that they must be Japanese. I didn't knock at that time because not only was there a GREAT rare Goofy in I wanted, but there were also soe Sully pins there. Sully is Shuichis favorite character like Goofy is mine. He had been looking for Sully ins to trade for with the pins that I had given him. I Ran down to Shuichi's room which was right around the corner and got Shuichi and told him to bring his pins. We traded for the Sullys and Shuichi let me borrow a pin to trade for the Goofy. Later before dinner My Japanese group would meet the couple in the room and indeed I was correct....they were Japanese. To be honest I was worried about someone stealing pins from their board, but no one ever did.

Ok back to dinner....after first dessert Harry brought out my surprise cake from DCL...I'm never too full for cake. Several of the staff sang Happy Birthday and Harry did this thing by clapping his hands that sounded just like fireworks. If you go on the DREAM and meet him make sure to ask him to do it. It was really cool. He then brought out this REALLY nice bag and said he had ran into Goofy outside the restaurant and that Goofy had given it to him.
The outside of the bag was signed by Goofy. At first I really thought it was from DCL, but then I looked at it closer. I recognized it as a Japan Disney Store bag. My friends had made me a GREAT gift bag full of goodies. There were several Goofy dolls, a birthday card, a smaller goofy bag that I now use for pins and a few other surprises. I was so happy to get this gift and thanked everyone. I felt really special and warm inside. This is a feeling that wouldn't last long as you will see in my next update with pictures...the night was about to turn ugly and sad.
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Next post...My birthday goes downhill fast.
I cringe to reply here...as I'm filled with concern...but that is so cool of your friends to do that for you! Very nice! Continuing on...popcorn::

Ok now that the Zells are officially on vacation I can relieve the suspense for everyone else.:rotfl2: I am just kidding...you guys hae a great tie and I am looking forward to your TR.

Now let me give some pre warning before you read any farther in this post. It will contain information that many may consider TMI, but I feel I have to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Also if I didn't include this part there would be a big gap in my story. Having said that I will write everything in a comic/non offensive way....or atleast I hope.

Before we go on though let me give you a little review of my thoughts on Animators Palette. I enjoyed the restaurant. The food was good, though not great. I loved the figures placed around the room. Crush was good and entertaining.He did talk with our table and asked us questions. Having said all that though I still prefer the Animators Palette restaurant and experience on the Wonder back in 2007. It was much more colorful and I enjoyed when the staff's costumes changed.

Back to the story....We were the very last group to leave the restaurant. The staff was already hard at work cleaning and changing over for the next day. I liked that we got a little peek behind the scenes of what goes on. So off we went, when we saw Goofy in the main Atrium area. I was going to get in line,but they had cut off the line and wouldn't let anyone else in. I was ok with that and understood.. My friends were telling the CM it was my birthday, but still no go. I was still happy. It was themn I realzed that I had left my glasses back in the restaurant. I ran back to get them and found them under the table....still no problem, but remember that point for later in the TR.
So we met back up and talked about what everyone wanted to do. Stef and her mom were going back to their room. Everyone else in our group wanted to go get a beer and sit out on the top deck. I on the other hand had different plans.
Afterall this was my 45th birthday night....a night I had dreamed about,fantasized about and been planning down to the very last detail for over two years. So Kiyomi and I said our goodnights, set a meeting time for the morning and started for the room.

BRIEF INTERRUPTION HERE: Before taking the cruise I had heard about the Match your mate game on the ship. I had even found it on you tube. Originally I had planned on going to that event. I had even hoped to play. Kiyomi and I had played along with the video on Youtube for practice once and we had scored 9 out of 10. The only one we missed was the last question....you know the one....if you don't Google it on Youtube.;) Now I have to admit in our practice round that her answer for "THE" question was correct and I was wrong. I had said at Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay back in 2007, but she was correct with in the Haunted Mansion at TDL. :rotfl2: Ok now...don't judge me.:rolleyes1 Well to make a long story short...Match Your Mate was on this night and I had just wanted a romantic evening wit my better half in the privacy of my own room. So we skipped Match Your Mate...as you will see I wish I would have just gone.

So here we are ...back at our room. I emptied our FE for the night...I'll show you a picture of that soon.I saw some nice birthday messages on our whiteboard. We opened the door and :love: I was so happy with what I saw. Giovanny had made everything PERFECT.

I saw the setting and that he had also put our bottle of Moet on fresh ice for us. I was on :cloud9:
We took a picture of the FE gifts...

I had recieved a really nice birthday card.
After a few minutes I unwrapped the bathrobes and was going to take a shower then pop te bubbly, but thenI heard Kiyomi say..."I don't feel good." I asked her if she was seasick.....nope..just a cough. My brain went :faint::scared1::confused::worried::(....NO!!!! this can't happen not tonight.

Now a good/perfect husband would say...

"Are you ok honey? Can I call and get you some soup from room service? Get under the blanket and get some rest."

...but even if your husband is perfect I guarantee he is thinking...

"What do you mean you are coughing. You have been fine all day. Hey it's my birthday. I brought my birthday suit now get into yours."

Now usually I am the good husband, but not this time. My mout opened and I found myself saying what I was thinking instead of what I should have said.

well the night went out the window after that. Kiyomi was like... :furious: and I stirred the pot even more... :stir: :headache: we ended up fighting and yelling at each other. To the people in the adjoining room I am truly sorry.

I ended up sitting in the big porthole window in the living room...really upset. She went to bed. Eventually an hour later I went to bed.
So a magical day had just been flushed down the toilet. :duck:

Now I will say that she made up for this night the other three nights of the cruise, but it wasn't quite the same if it had been this night. If that makes any sense....it was a night that we will never get back. I also apologized the next morning. It was all ok, but I still get sad thinking about it.

Next Up Nassau and a fashion disaster.
uh...er...um....not going to go there. Sorry it turned out that way. that really sucks. :(

Wow. I almost filled up a whole page with my replies. Good to know we are in a competition. Did I agree to the Drink of The Day contest? If I did...are you sure I wasn't drunk when I agreed to that? I don't know if I can handle the pressure. Quiltteddy becomes mean when I get snippy in my TR's...so you know I have to avoid that.

I thought I had figured out who the criminal was. Now I'm not sure anymore...and when Donald got cooked I was like :crazy2: who would eat Donald?????

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

DZ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter