The "Double Double-Dip" 17 Day Florida Vacation - 1,233 Pictures Report

Great TR, and awesome pictures...Bubba is beautiful...He doesn't look like a Bubba :goodvibes

Anyhoo, why the "special" pic for Tricia? Just being nosey:)

And last question, how do you add your pics to the TR like that? Very cool :cool2:

Tricia has a "thing" about toliets and how far they are from the door.... (insider joke) ;)

If you quote my post, you can see how the pictures are set up...you have to change the
SIZE]

Okay...so i forgot yet another thing.....
2.gif

I added this in the first post:

We had to stop at Electronic Ticketing outside the Studios to pick up Mom's AP. I swiped the credit card I used to purchase it online and viola! there it was in my hand. We were ready to head to the entrance! A note: If you are doing Electronic PickUp, there are 3 windows at each kiosk. If there is a line, find another window or kiosk.

rock on! a trip report so close to when I am going really juices me up!

and the narritive helps me keep up with what is going on. nice job.

Hey Brab! Checking in. Great start! You always have great photos! Can't wait for more!!!

Enjoying the report...can't wait for the next installation!

Loving the report!!!! It is getting me so excited for my trip next month! Thank you!!!:thumbsup2

:rotfl:

I can't believe you got a shot of the public bathroom just for me. I'm so touched. :hug: Was there anyone else in there? Did they call security? :lmao:

Whoever asked, I'm Tricia. I have a pet peeve about bathrooms where the door comes so close to the toilet that you have to hug the potty before you can close the door. I always include a toilet report when I stay somewhere, so it has become a running joke for others to do the same for me.

:rotfl:

I can't believe you got a shot of the public bathroom just for me. I'm so touched. :hug: Was there anyone else in there? Did they call security? :lmao:

Whoever asked, I'm Tricia. I have a pet peeve about bathrooms where the door comes so close to the toilet that you have to hug the potty before you can close the door. I always include a toilet report when I stay somewhere, so it has become a running joke for others to do the same for me.

Too funny...I hate it and always end up thinking I am too fat or something--like the stall was designed for supermodels.

goodie, goodie another barb trippie report:banana:

keep it coming:goodvibes

glad the B line wasn't awful for you!

as usual, im full of it...questions, that is;)

#1 how'd u get 2 welcome gifts missy? (congrats btw) im seeing nuts, beer & cookies & milk

#2 so the west wing is good location to ask for as to grabbing the boat? PB looked very spread out, hoping to snag a shorter walk lol

#3 re the walk, when u say u cut thru the HRH parking lot as shortcut, did u have to cross the main street (is there a traffic light? i cannot remember)...just hate to cross busy road...im slow

goodie, goodie another barb trippie report:banana:

keep it coming:goodvibes

glad the B line wasn't awful for you!

as usual, im full of it...questions, that is;)

#1 how'd u get 2 welcome gifts missy? (congrats btw) im seeing nuts, beer & cookies & milk

#2 so the west wing is good location to ask for as to grabbing the boat? PB looked very spread out, hoping to snag a shorter walk lol

#3 re the walk, when u say u cut thru the HRH parking lot as shortcut, did u have to cross the main street (is there a traffic light? i cannot remember)...just hate to cross busy road...im slow

#1: have NO idea how we got 3 welcome gifts?? :confused3 (got fruit too)...that is beyond me. (only got 1 when we returned in July tho ;) )

#2: yes, request west wing...boat dock is practically right there. mof, we could see when a boat was there from our room :teeth:

#3: crossed Universal Blvd at traffic light...oddly enuf, not a busy road, but you can push the button to get the "go ahead and walk" sign...even counts down how much time you have (35 seconds)

new day......new installment?? :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

::yes::

Day 2 - Friday, June 27, 2008

Morning DH.After sleeping in a little, and a "healthy" breakfast, we decided to wear 'wet' clothes and do IOA today.

As usual, Mom wanted to wait for the boat, and Bubba decided to wait with her. Oookkaayyyy....DH & I walked. This was our opportunity to walk the shortcut in the daylight.

As we crossed the street to the HRH, I stopped in the middle of the road (yeah, yeah...I had 35 seconds to cross the street...plenty of time!) and turned around to take this picture. On our walk, we walked right in front of the old Hard Rock Cafe on the access road that we were probably not supposed to be on! :rolleyes1

We timed our walk from the PBH to City Walk. It was exactly 11 minutes...with finding our way, waiting to cross the road and stopping to take pictures. Once we found the shortcut through HRH parking lot and the path, it was a few minutes less of a walk...I would say the walk is just a tad longer than the walk from RPR to CityWalk. (altho, thru the parking lot, it's not as nice scenery as the RPR walk.)

As we got closer to the parks, I finally saw where you can catch the bus. If you leave the Studios and continue to walk past the entrance to the walking path back to the HRH, the busses are just ahead of you. I always read about the busses but never knew where you picked them up. Now I know and can pass it along. (Altho, the busses seem further than the walk to the boat dock, so you may as well boat it....altho, the busses never seemed busy.... :scratchin )

We waited on the bridge for Bubba and Mom...noticing a LOT of 'groups' heading into the Studios! Glad we weren't going there today ...heading for IOA. :thumbsup2

As yesterday, we had a problem with our APs and the TMs had to hand punch in our number. This got old real fast!

We finally made it into IOA and headed straight for the Hulk. We arrive to find a line to get into the line. What the heck is goin' on?? So, we decided to come back later and do it. We headed to Spiderman. ...only to find the Spiderman express line was backed up to the door. Now...c'mon...what gives?? :confused3 Well, we are spoiled and refused to wait in that line too :snooty: ...so, we went to Popeye!

And proceeded to ride Popeye 4 times in a row. The first time we rode, there was nobody in line ahead of us and we walked right up to the loading area. Score. Here are some pix from Popeye... (from all 4 rides!)

Pic 1 , Pic 2 , Pic 3 , Pic 4 , Pic 5 , Pic 6 , Pic 7 , Pic 8 , Pic 9 , Pic 10 , Pic 11 , Pic 12 and Pic 13.

The group decided four times in a row was enough (as the was ride intermitently stopping) and we were ready for some drying out...because, as you know, "You WILL get wet, you MAY get soaked" on Popeye! And people....do NOT bother with ponchos...they will NOT help and I will tell you, that you are being mocked by the others.

We found ourselves in Suess Landing...up first, the Car-o-Suess-El.

We took a spin on that and then headed to High in the Sky Trolley Ride (i love this ride!) I love the view from this ride and it reminded me to find the Sneetch Beach and take pictures.

Pic 1 , Pic 2 , Pic 3 , Pic 4 and Pic 5.

View 1 and view 2 and view 3 and view 4 and view 5 and view 6.

Ya gotta love the view of Mythos from above. :goodvibes

About this time, we got a call from DH's brother. They had checked into the HRH and were at
Confisco's
having lunch. DH told him we were just discussing lunch and we'd be right over. Bubba wanted his picture taken on the way there. Too bad this place sits empty....such a shame to waste it....

While they waited for us, they grabbed another table for 4 and added it to their table of 8. The really ironic thing, is last year when we were there, we ended up at Confisco's because a nasty thunderstorm rolled in. The thunder & lightening finally let up enough that we could leave the park. So, it was the last place we saw each other (at the parks) last year, and the first place we saw each other this year..... Bubba & cousin.

Everyone had full bellies and BILs crew wanted to ride Popeye....so, we headed back to Popeye. Where I believe we rode 2 or 3 times....but not everyone rode each time. While at Popeye, I saw this girl and just HAD to take her picture....I thought she was interesting.

DH & BIL , SIL & DNiece , again , my (other) DNiece & I , SIL & DNiece , Swee Pea's drop.

Then, 4 of us decided to ride Dudley...and Mom sat that one out. Another pic here. The EP line was long, but not as long as the 2 hour wait for the regular line! I didn't give my DH or BIL or SIL a choice, and I took the front seat....because I wanted a picture of what it looks like just before the BIG DROP!!

And, I should have remembered, my nephew and son were at the water cannons waiting for us to come around....and, yes, they got us. :headache:

From Toon Lagoon, we ventured in the direction of Jurassic Park. I believe 8 out of the 12 of us rode this one. A rather calm, uneventful ride... that is...until the big drop. My BIL lost his daughter's hat on that drop! ...and the best part? They snapped the picture just in time to see his hat flying off his head and his hand reaching up to grab it....just a second too late! Random ride pic.

After Jurassic Park, the vote was to ride Flying Unicorn. Now, I'm not fond of this coaster, so I opted out of this one. But, I did take the opportunity to take pictures of what I could of the impending Harry Potter land. (Luckily they rode this coaster today, because when we come back in a couple weeks, it was closed off :( )

We had a Priority Seating for Margaritaville for 8pm...so we thought it was a good time to head back to the hotels and get in some dry duds cleaned up for dinner.

Us here and DH & I.

We all managed to shower and make it to Margaritaville at 8pm (altho, we cut it close) and she handed me a beeper and told me about 10-15 minutes. I went to the stairs at City Walk to wait for Mom who was coming by boat (again) while we waited. Finally, after what seemed forever, she arrived and we walked to Margaritaville. The family was getting drinks while waiting and the pager went off! It wasn't even a 10 minute wait....so quick, they said all their drinks weren't ready yet! So, my SIL watched and went back for the rest who were waiting on drinks.

Remember my nephew who got us with the water cannon at Dudleys? He was volunteered by our table for the Shaker of Salt part of the song ...and a fine job he did too!

The table ordered the nachos and calamari appetizers to share.

While waiting, the stiltwalkers made the kids balloons...swords seemed to be the request of the evening.

My crazy kid.

...and, it didn't take long to finish the appetizers. Have you ever seen an empty plate of those famous nachos?

DH had a beer while waiting for our food...which, didn't take very long to come. I'm pretty sure my nephew's eyes were bigger than his stomach when he ordered the barbecue ribs. I always order the chicken quesadillas appetizer for my meal (and that is plenty for me lemme tell ya!), a few someones ordered the Cheeseburger in Paradise, I believe Mom had the crabcake sandwich, I think DH had jambalaya , my BIL had the bayou shrimp pasta(but substituted the shrimp for chicken due to his wife's seafood allergy) and someone else had the California chicken sandwich. All delicious...as usual.

Just as we were digging into dinner...it was volcano time. We were seated right near the bar and had a great view of it. Matter of fact, we were at the same table tonight as we were the very first time we ate there.
Took a couple of pictures because of our close proximity.

Dinner done and volcano blown, we ordered dessert. Now, everyone was pretty full, so we ordered 2 desserts and 12 spoons :teeth: We ordered the Key Lime Pie and the Chocolate Hurricane. I think they made it around the table twice each before they were gone....and the Chocolate Hurricane was delish!

We wrapped up dessert and headed out to City Walk.

We puttered around in some stores and just took in the atmosphere at City Walk before heading back "home"
to the Portofino for bed.

You have a beautiful family, Brab!! How do you keep your camera from getting wet on the water rides?

At first I though you were just saying she stuffs her bra...:rotfl:

Question--what, exactly, are "wet" clothes? Scuba suits?

mac...do you see me wearing a bra? I'm wearing a swimsuit. ;)

"wet duds" is what our family refers to as 'clothes we don't mind getting wet'...as in the boys swim trunks w/ a shirt and my swim suit w/ boards shorts....and flipflops :teeth: (takes no time at all to dry vs regular street clothes :teeth: )

as for my camera, (it was actually Bubba's camera), i have an aquapac for it...a waterproof bag they make to use cameras and electronic equipment and keep it safe and dry. We used it in the ocean at Castaway Cay too :thumbsup2

At first I though you were just saying she stuffs her bra...:rotfl:

Question--what, exactly, are "wet" clothes? Scuba suits?

wet clothes = bathing suits

although for popeye, you might need scuba suits and a snorkle mask:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter