The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

For sleeping 5, is the daybed really just a pullout sofa? Is the sofa like the DVC sofa's?

Also, if it is a pullout, does it sleep just one or is it a double?

Do all the guest rooms have a standard pull-out sofa? We have a 2 queen room for 4 people, but our girls are wild sleepers and it is best to have them separate.

Just returned home from a 3-night trip at the DLH. We were in the Fantasy tower on the 8th floor with a premium view (which was of the pool....and the roof of the building that Goofy's Kitchen is in).

This was our first time staying on-site and we were impressed - for the most part. Loved looking for hidden Mickey's throughout the room, the beds were very comfortable, and there was a lot of room (we are just two adults - DH and I - and we were in a 2-queen room). We also LOVED having early entry during our stay because we were staying on-site.

BUT....

I would never (ever ever) pay full price to stay at DLH. We were there with friends who cashed in DVC points for the two adjoining rooms. Much easier on our pocketbook not having to pay the normal rate.

When we arrive at noon, our room was ready, but our friends adjoining room wasn't ready for them to check in until late that evening (I think they finally were contacted around 7:00pm...??). The next morning as we were leaving our room to head to the parks, we heard a housekeeper in the room across the hall say, "Man, I HATE my job! This is the first room I am doing today and I already want to go home!" :scared1: Now, I can understand venting about your job if no one can hear you......but the door to the room she was cleaning was WIDE OPEN and I heard every word as we walked to the elevator. Definitely not very magical, if you ask me.

There were also dishes left outside that same room (across the hall) all day, all night, and they were still there the next morning. ???

All in all, it was a great trip, but these few issues made me sad since I was expecting pure Disney magic while we were there.

Do all the guest rooms have a standard pull-out sofa? We have a 2 queen room for 4 people, but our girls are wild sleepers and it is best to have them separate.

No, they don't all have them. We have stayed at DLH twice and both times didn't get a couch in the room, because we are a family of 3. I imagine they first go to families that don't simply fit in the two beds; I'd probably see if you could request one of those rooms.

bumbershoot said:
No, they don't all have them. We have stayed at DLH twice and both times didn't get a couch in the room, because we are a family of 3. I imagine they first go to families that don't simply fit in the two beds; I'd probably see if you could request one of those rooms.

We had a room in July with two queen beds and no pull-out. But...there were only two of us, so that could have mattered. We were in the Fantasy building with a pool view (bonus-didn't pay for that :) )

Dumb question here...

On the Disney site to reserve a room at the DLH, what is the difference between Resort View and Upper Level Resort View?
Is it the obvious that you are one or more floors higher?

Is the Upper level a larger room? Does one have a balcony and the other does not?

Thanks.

Dumb question here...

On the Disney site to reserve a room at the DLH, what is the difference between Resort View and Upper Level Resort View?
Is it the obvious that you are one or more floors higher?

Is the Upper level a larger room? Does one have a balcony and the other does not?

Thanks.

Just higher up. I think upper level resort view is above the 7th floor, and resort view is below. The rooms are not larger or anything.

Just higher up. I think upper level resort view is above the 7th floor, and resort view is below.

You are correct, upper level begins on the 7th floor.
Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know how the Expedia room description lines up with the Disney room description?

Would the premium view (Expedia) be the same as the upper level view (Disney)? Premium view on Expedia states it has a balcony. I can't find anything on the Disney site that says if the upper level view has a balcony or not.

Both sites have standard and concierge rooms so i'm guessing that premium and upper level view are the same??

You are correct, upper level begins on the 7th floor.
Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know how the Expedia room description lines up with the Disney room description?

Would the premium view (Expedia) be the same as the upper level view (Disney)? Premium view on Expedia states it has a balcony. I can't find anything on the Disney site that says if the upper level view has a balcony or not.

Both sites have standard and concierge rooms so i'm guessing that premium and upper level view are the same??

Just left the Resort. Had a premium upper level room. It was in the Adventure tower on the 8th floor looking East over the resort. It was the last room on the south end. No balcony, but an incredible view!

We are staying at DLH right now and got upgraded to a suite. 14th floor in the Frontier tower. It is a corner room do balconies facing the Fantasy tower and the Parks. ( we can see all 4 mountains, the Grizzly peak, Cadillac Range, etc).
The funny thing is that the height of the balconies is kinda freaky to me. Lol. I get nervous out there. :/

isisisme said:
We are staying at DLH right now and got upgraded to a suite. 14th floor in the Frontier tower. It is a corner room do balconies facing the Fantasy tower and the Parks. ( we can see all 4 mountains, the Grizzly peak, Cadillac Range, etc).
The funny thing is that the height of the balconies is kinda freaky to me. Lol. I get nervous out there. :/

How did you get upgraded?

I'm also in the Frontier Tower, 6 floors lower than you, with a balcony facing the same way. I think that even the height from HERE is a little bit disturbing!

Oh also - my room was extremely hot ... thank you to whoever posted that bypass!

We won our trip and it was booked thru Disney Promotions. I'm just trying to figure out if we'll have a mini-fridge and a coffee maker in our room. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard room. TIA!

We won our trip and it was booked thru Disney Promotions. I'm just trying to figure out if we'll have a mini-fridge and a coffee maker in our room. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard room. TIA!

Congratulations! Standard rooms have both a coffee maker and a mini-fridge.

We're staying at the BWPPI in December. I'm wondering if someone has suggestions for room requests? I'd like to not be on the far side of the hotel. We have a mini-suite, if that matters.

Also, has anyone had the hotel hold their luggage when they arrive. Our plane arrives around 9am, so we're expecting to be at the hotel by 11am. We just want to make sure we have a place to put all our luggage, as we won't have a car to store it in until our room is ready.

Thanks!

We're staying at the BWPPI in December. I'm wondering if someone has suggestions for room requests? I'd like to not be on the far side of the hotel. We have a mini-suite, if that matters.

Also, has anyone had the hotel hold their luggage when they arrive. Our plane arrives around 9am, so we're expecting to be at the hotel by 11am. We just want to make sure we have a place to put all our luggage, as we won't have a car to store it in until our room is ready.

Thanks!

This thread is just for the Disneyland Hotel, so you'll have better luck creating a new thread with your question. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter