The disney survival bag swap... on hold

The idea for the clip boards would be for kids to use for coloring while sitting in strollers and for characters to sign the index cards. I know not every parent wants to wait in line every where for characters, but occasionally they see a character or two and want thier autograph. And a buck for a pack of index cards is better than spending 5$ or more for a book, if you don't plan on using it. And you might help the kid behind you who doesn't have a book, but thinks that they have to have an autograph just because every one else does. Sometimes kids like to draw pictures to give to characters or write notes. I saw this alot when I was a photographer, and would keep a stack of index cards in my pocket.

I have the clipboards!!
I will Disney-fy them and send them to you! :woohoo:

~Kimber

more mickey for me July 18-25 Off site
macrosswife Aug 3-9 Hilton DTD - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
ddleffers Aug 8-15 Bay Lake - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
mtomlin66 August 16-28 POP - can you talk to the next person about switching off? (this one will be easy, you're both at pop)
iluvjus Aug 25-31 POP - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
Momof3princess Aug 31-Sept 5 Port Orleans Riverside - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
lauralana9 Sept 5-13 All Star Music - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
Parker's Moma sept 15-24 POP - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
MinnieVanMom Sept 22- Oct 1 Coronado Beach Club - can you talk to the next person about switching off?
Princess April Sept 28-Oct 3 Wilderness
lilmissie oct 18-23 Where will you be staying??
Marshay Nov 14-18 Bay Lake

I'll be there to step in with delivery if it's not possible. But almost every one's dates overlaps. So if you're flight leaves later in the day, or the person arriving comes in early enough to take a trip over to the other resort to pick it up.

I would not see any problems taking it on a disney bus. And I've heard of people talking about disney luggage services transfering bags. But I kinda want to avoid it. I don't see a problem with leaving the bag with them for say a day till the next person arrives to pick it up. And if you do leave it for the next person, make sure you have thier name so they can retrive it.

Ohhh I just thought of a couple more really handy things to have, a birnbaum guide and the hidden mickey guide. So many people love fiinding hidden mickeys, and it's a great time passer for kids of reading age.

::goes to search ebay now::... i've found them before for like a buck or two a piece.

I'd love to join in! We will be there from Nov 29 th -Dec 5th staying at Ft Wilderness - can we join the swap?

I can mail you some of the flavored packs for water bottles - we have LOTS of them that I scored from a clearance sale - I'll PM you to see what else I can add in! :thumbsup2

Yep. I'm gonna try to find a couple flashlights, and I have a ton of extension cords (thanks to Christmas lights). I never seem to bring enough cords even though I have a ton of them here at home.

BTW, I'll just be jealous of you staying at the Fort. We haven't gotten to do it this year, and I don't think it will be in the budget at all. Unless Kari's parents decide to make a trip to get away from her brother who's living at home again with his g/f and two dogs.

Cool add me to the list!!! I'm always leaving tons of stuff there in the room because I don't want to bring it home

November 28th to December 13th

Two weeks at POP??? Wow.

The only time I could afford two weeks was at Ft for 20$ a night. Ummmm... hmmm. There's two people that are right in between. from the 29th-12th....

Maybe we can work something out between the three of you. And you're more than welcome to leave anything for the bag. Like you can have it at the begining of your stay if you need anything, swap some snacks around, and then add to it at the end of your trip.

You'll be right there with SarahandPaul at AKL... that's an easy trade off. (well they leave on the 12th, but they can leave it at bag check for you to pick up the next day). Although I'll have to see what goes on with 1st-timers.

okay what dates are taken. I just took a fast look at the list of people and I don't see anyone so far unless you haven't updates it. Let me know as for dates.

sorry i know.... i try to do it every few families. but the other person PM'd me, that's why you don't see that date taken.

more mickey for me July 18-25 Off site
macrosswife Aug 3-9 Hilton DTD
ddleffers Aug 8-15 Bay Lake
mtomlin66 August 16-28 POP
iluvjus Aug 25-31 POP
Momof3princess Aug 31-Sept 5 Port Orleans R
lauralana9 Sept 5-13 All Star Music
Parker's Moma sept 15-24 POP
MinnieVanMom Sept 22- Oct 1 Coronado
Princess April Sept 28-Oct 3 Wilderness
lilmissie oct 18-23
Marshay Nov 14-18 Bay Lake
spare+a_pair Nov 29- Dec 5 Ft Wilderness
SarahandPaul Dec 5-12 Animal Lodge

jillianjewels Dec 13-22 Animal Lodge

spare a pair asked earlier in the day. But you and sarah&paul asked right around the same time.

You're more than welcome to PM sarah and ask about what you two would like to do. I don't want any hard feelings.

The end of my trip I am at BCV. Parkersmom was great and PM'd me already about the transfer. I need to contact princessapril and see how she wants the transfer.

Did I read that you don't want bell services to transfer? We have them move our luggage when we change to the villas and they do a good job. However I will do what you would like. This is really a great idea. Thanks for organizing this.

Well I know they do a great job when guests are transferring resorts like you are. But I don't want to fully rely on them, And I don't want any complaints over leaving tips for the luggage guys or other things.

Long time lurker, newer poster.

First of all I want to say that this is a fantastic idea and if the bag is still being passed next May, I am TOTALLY IN!

FI and I are doing a 2 week honeymoon next May. Figured it's never too early to get onboard, especially since WDW will be the 2nd of our 2 weeks (first week on a cruise) and we'll definitely have leftovers in some areas and be lacking in other essentials.

Date: 05/23-05/30 2010
Resort: On-Site TBD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter