The disney survival bag swap... on hold

Well I gotta do something with my time.
And too many times I see that some one forgot something, didn't bring enough, and always too much of another thing. And with some of those toys at disney... kids love them when they're only at Disney.

macrosswife L Green Aug 3-9 Hilton DTD
ddleffers Green Aug 8-15 Bay Lake
mtomlin66 Red August 16-28 POP
Parker's Moma Blue sept 15-24 POP
MinnieVanMom Purple Sept 22- Oct 1 Coronado Beach Club

MinnieVanMom and I are already setting up the swap between us. I really won't need it on the 23rd and 24th, so I'll pack it up early, add a few more things we have an abundance of and deliver it to her (if I can use Disney Buses). If not, would it be ok to have it shipped to her resort as long as I get a claim ticket from POP and call her with the number?

I thought you were the expert on this sort of thing...

Thanks for setting up your own pass along. I wouldn't see it as a problem. I'd suggest hoping on the Blizzard Beach bus, and then you could take a little walk across the street (if it's as close as I'm thinking).
Look how much people drag home from the parks on a daily basis. You could probably sit it on top of the wheelchair hooks between the seats. I like standing there if the bus if smooshed together. Of course if you go after the morning rush, it shouldn't be very crowded at all since most every one wants to get to AK FIRST thing in the morning.

Ok, it's not as close as i thought... but there is a sidewalk if you love to walk.

Studios or Blizzard would be a good go between spot for Pop and Coronado Springs.

Just added

macrosswife L Green Aug 3-9 Hilton DTD
ddleffers Green Aug 8-15 Bay Lake
mtomlin66 Red August 16-28 POP
iluvjus yellow Aug 25-31 POP
Parker's Moma Blue sept 15-24 POP
MinnieVanMom Purple Sept 22- Oct 1 Coronado Beach Club

mtomlin: you mind hooking up with iluvjus before the end of your trip. You're both at POP.

I would love to join this too. We will be staying offsite, and plan on making some meals at the condo, so I will have extra snacks, Laundry detergent, fabric softener, dish soap, etc...
I will be there from 07.18 to 07.25
I have: about 15 little bottles of Dove body wash and mini soaps.
A package of 24 individually wrapped hand sanitizer wipes.
2 regular sized bottles of hand sanitizer (use it to refill small bottles)
2 Mini mister fans (palm size with a clip)
I am sure I will find more stuff as time gets closer. I have little piles of "stuff I must not forget to pack" all around the house...
Just let me know what to do next!!
Thanks
RoseAnne

Laura & more Mickey, you're both added to the list.

Where will you be staying?? For delivery purposes...

Mickey:
So far you're the first on the list. So those will be some great items to add to the pack.

I've also bought two swords and two light up extendable mickey flashlights (the ones they sell on the glow carts). A pack of blank index card (4x6) and a pack of ID holders for room keys.

Does any one have a mini clip board?? Wal-mart only had like 2 or 3 of the big ones.

Unfortantly the pack will probably not have much food to start off with. But there's plenty of handy things that every one wants to add. And handy kid toys to keep the kiddos happy without having to lug it back home.

Does any one have a mini clip board?? Wal-mart only had like 2 or 3 of the big ones.

I think I saw some at the Dollar store! I have to go there today anyways, so I'll check. How many do we need? (And what do you envision them being used for?)

I know you posted earlier that you need Neosporin...I have some individual packages of the "Neo to Go" that I can send you.

I also plan to send some of the "Magnet Men". They're heavy duty clips attached to a strong magnet. Good for putting on your door so that you can post your schedule or "Things Not to Forget" list! :thumbsup2

~Kimber

What are the dates for the swap as of now? I'll be at POP 8/21-30 and I'd love to join in!

Here's the list as of now.

more mickey for me orange July 18-25
macrosswife L Green Aug 3-9
ddleffers Green Aug 8-15
mtomlin66 Red August 16-28
iluvjus yellow Aug 25-31
lauralana9 teal Sept 5-13
Parker's Moma Blue sept 15-24
MinnieVanMom Purple Sept 22- Oct 1

Sorry lapdog, august filled up first. But if you do have anything left over, you could always give me a call and I could pick it up.

The idea for the clip boards would be for kids to use for coloring while sitting in strollers and for characters to sign the index cards. I know not every parent wants to wait in line every where for characters, but occasionally they see a character or two and want thier autograph. And a buck for a pack of index cards is better than spending 5$ or more for a book, if you don't plan on using it. And you might help the kid behind you who doesn't have a book, but thinks that they have to have an autograph just because every one else does. Sometimes kids like to draw pictures to give to characters or write notes. I saw this alot when I was a photographer, and would keep a stack of index cards in my pocket.

Hello! I would love to join the swap. I'll be at BLT on Nov 14 - 18th.

Since I have a newborn, I have lots of extra samples of lotion, diaper rash creme, wipes and can add some of those small packages of travel tissues, small travel anti-bacterial no-water soap, etc.

We'll also donate any of our left over food and drinks (water, Coke, unopened Pop-Tarts, etc).

I'll also think of other things I can add. I try to get my DD3 some small Disney stuff from AC Moore/Michaels and Target prior to the trip but we won't need to bring them back home (Disney pens, notebooks, ball, etc).

Great idea!

This "grab bag o' fun" will be an enjoyable surprise for all!:thumbsup2

I can help you with the POkemon toys! My DS-9 has been in full addiction with Pokemon since about age 3-4. I actually had some of those Pokemon toys from BK, 1999. Pregnant with said son, left Orlando to move to be with DH and I would eat the kiddie meals when I was out shopping/killing time. This is even crazier since we are total McD's people. Anyway, got out the toys when he was 4 and he carried the little Pikachu everywhere-have a picture of "them" at his sisters Baptism, not his sister but Pikachu. When next dd was born, he forgot to put her in the family picture but there is Pikachu. The most ironic part is he left him in a BK when he was washing his hands and he is still mourning the loss.

I would ove to join in we will be there from Aug 31st to the 5th is that avail??? I am sure that i will have tons of stuff left over to add..

Julie

I would be interested in joining if theres still room in october. Our dates are october 18-23rd.

Looks like our dates aren't available (September 27-Oct 2), but we may have some leftovers. I know I am always repacking glow bracelets and Tinkerbell toys that the kids didn't get (I am definitely an overbuyer!). MinnieVanMom, if, by chance, you want to get rid of it early, let me know! ;) It's our first stay at a DVC resort, and although I bring the kitchen sink (but don't have to since it's provided :woohoo:), I'll probably forget something. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter