The Disney Grump & Family Take on the World-Our '09 Christmas w/ the Mouse, COMPLETE

What brilliant parenting! Haha, the arcade suggestion was great! That's how I gauge how sick I really am too. I ask myself if I'd be willing to eat sushi or fries (haha, not together) or I see if I can handle some searching or reading on DIS. If it's a no, I know I'm sick because I too can work myself into feeling sick. I've learned to be pretty good with dealing with nausea because I spent years nauseous (undiagnosed acid reflux, slow stomach, messed up gallbladder), but sometimes it can get the better of me if I let it. So glad Justin and Jared felt better though! How terrible it must feel to have to throw up on vacation!

You will not believe this...my daughter just came home after throwing up at a restaurant that my DH took her to :scared1: What are the odds?! I had just replied to your post when they walked in. She rarely gets sick like this. I hope she gets over it as quickly as yours did! :sad2:

Oh no, that could have been a total disaster! I am glad everything worked out all right in the end. The Wishes cruise sounds amazing, that may be something I will have to consider for future trips. I have enjoyed your TR a lot and I hate that it's ending soon. You aren't doing a PTR for your May trip? At least we don't have too much longer to wait. It's right around the corner! :banana:

OOHH---the Wishes cruise sounds fabulous! I loved being able to see the train station all lit up in front with the fireworks back behind the castle. :goodvibes

UGH---sorry about the tummy troubles---It is definitely not fun when your kids get sick, but especially when you're on vacation
!

Great update!! So glad the boys felt better and the cruise was a success!!

Thanks for the advice too!

You're welcome!

I can't tell you how upset I was at the idea that we were going to have to forgo the cruise, I had so been looking forward to it. Thankfully it all worked out!

Awsome update! The wishes cruise looks like fun, plus you avoid the trouble of finding a place to watch in the MK. I'm sorry the meal wasn't good, I have alway heard great things about the Wave. Sorry the boys got sick!

The Wishes cruise was great and you're right - it kept us from having to fight the crowds that week on Main Street!

I had read really good things about The Wave too and thought I was making us ressies for a great meal that night. Maybe it was an off night, or maybe we ordered the wrong things, and of course the kids getting sick didn't help!

OK, that was bad but not as bad as I expected! Sorry the kids were sick, but glad they recovered and you were able to enjoy your plans!

Yeah, I kinda let on like it was a bit worse than it was ;) - of course, the repercussions from that dinner aren't over yet.......

UGH! I HATE tummy problems :sad2:

My poor family has to deal with me asking if they feel ok and stopping them from eating too fast or too much when we are on vacation. There is NOTHING worse than that to destroy good plans. I am so glad that everyone recovered!! And so funny that you tried the arcade trick to see if your son was ok :thumbsup2

Your Wishes cruise sound awesome!!! That is something I want to try when my kids get older.

And last...sooo sweet that your DH told you that you did good. Nothing better than that! :goodvibes

I wish I had paid closer attention to Justin, if I had noticed how fast he was drinking that milkshake the situation might have been avoided. :sad2:

On the arcade - well, sometimes you gotta get creative with my boys to really figure out what's going on. They tend to be a bit dramatic, especially Jared.....

The Wishes cruise was great. Don enjoyed it so much more than I had hoped. Our captain was a retired engineer, so Don really enjoyed talking to him. He also had so much Disney knowledge! A lot of it I already knew because of books that I have read, but Don had never heard most of it and he actually enjoyed hearing about it. I was thrilled that he had such a good time.

What brilliant parenting! Haha, the arcade suggestion was great! That's how I gauge how sick I really am too. I ask myself if I'd be willing to eat sushi or fries (haha, not together) or I see if I can handle some searching or reading on DIS. If it's a no, I know I'm sick because I too can work myself into feeling sick. I've learned to be pretty good with dealing with nausea because I spent years nauseous (undiagnosed acid reflux, slow stomach, messed up gallbladder), but sometimes it can get the better of me if I let it. So glad Justin and Jared felt better though! How terrible it must feel to have to throw up on vacation!

It's funny how much more sick you can feel when you give into it, isn't it? I was just so thankful that I figured out a way to test him and see if he was truely sick or just making himself sick.

You will not believe this...my daughter just came home after throwing up at a restaurant that my DH took her to :scared1: What are the odds?! I had just replied to your post when they walked in. She rarely gets sick like this. I hope she gets over it as quickly as yours did! :sad2:

Oh no! Poor little thing, that is just the worst, getting sick at a restaurant. I hope it was just something that didn't agree with her and that she isn't really sick!

Oh no, that could have been a total disaster! I am glad everything worked out all right in the end. The Wishes cruise sounds amazing, that may be something I will have to consider for future trips. I have enjoyed your TR a lot and I hate that it's ending soon. You aren't doing a PTR for your May trip? At least we don't have too much longer to wait. It's right around the corner! :banana:

The Wishes cruise was great fun - it would be even better on a warmer night, it was a bit chilly - we made good use of the blankets provided that night!

I've never done a PTR before, I'm just not sure I would have enough to share to keep it interesting, ya know? And you're right - it won't be long now, we're almost at 2 months!!

OOHH---the Wishes cruise sounds fabulous! I loved being able to see the train station all lit up in front with the fireworks back behind the castle. :goodvibes

UGH---sorry about the tummy troubles---It is definitely not fun when your kids get sick, but especially when you're on vacation
!

It was great to see Wishes in a whole new way! Having the train station instead of the castle as the main backdrop was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, the tummy troubles aren't over.......

What an up and down evening you had! I felt so sorry for the boys getting sick but it is funny how mother's intuition kicks in and how well you know your kids. I'm glad they did not get sick on the Wishes cruise - the view is defintely different but defintely awesome as well!

ooh, I was really scared there for you for a bit! Glad the sickness didn't last too long and you were able to enjoy the cruise.

We had 2 rounds of a stomach bug go through our group of 15 (about 9 of us got it) in 2008. Luckily, we had only planned to be in the parks every other day so we shifted days around and still got to do each park together.

I followed you over from Jay's TR, I hope you don't mind! I really would like to see the Christmas decorations but don't know if I could bring myself to go when they are so busy. We always travel in the off-season (we took the kids out of school this fall and went in September).

I'm going back to catch up reading the whole thing. Your report is great and I'm looking forward to reading the rest! :)

What an up and down evening you had! I felt so sorry for the boys getting sick but it is funny how mother's intuition kicks in and how well you know your kids. I'm glad they did not get sick on the Wishes cruise - the view is defintely different but defintely awesome as well!

It was different, but a fun treat as well!

Ugggg, the boys getting sick was awful - if my mother's intuition had really been working, I wouldn't have let Justin get that milkshake in the first place :laughing: I was so glad that it all worked out in the end though!

ooh, I was really scared there for you for a bit! Glad the sickness didn't last too long and you were able to enjoy the cruise.

We had 2 rounds of a stomach bug go through our group of 15 (about 9 of us got it) in 2008. Luckily, we had only planned to be in the parks every other day so we shifted days around and still got to do each park together.

I was scared for me too! The thought of wasting that much money on top of not being able to experience it almost had me ill as well! :laughing:

Doesn't that stink getting sick on vacation? I think on top of all the germs you are exposed to in and around the parks, you are eating differently too - throws the tummy for a loop!

I followed you over from Jay's TR, I hope you don't mind! I really would like to see the Christmas decorations but don't know if I could bring myself to go when they are so busy. We always travel in the off-season (we took the kids out of school this fall and went in September).

I'm going back to catch up reading the whole thing. Your report is great and I'm looking forward to reading the rest! :)

I don't mind at all! Glad to have you!

Aren't Jay's TRs the best? She really inspired me to try and throw in a few surprises and also to slow down and really take things in this trip!

If you don't mind taking the kids out of school, you could always try and go early in December. I've heard the crowds aren't bad the first couple of weeks of the month. The Christmas decorations are so pretty!

Wow... crisis averted! The cruise was saved!!

Loved the little trick you used with the game cards! :rotfl:

You said the tummy troubles weren't over... I hope they didn't ruin your last day!

Kathy

I love the monorail tree and the small world tree! Too cute!

What a shame that the boys felt so sick :(. Glad you were still able to take your cruise and see those gorgeous fireworks!!!

Whew! Although it's awful the boys were sick, I am glad that it didn't ruin your Wishes cruise!! Those look like they are so much fun!:goodvibes

Getting caught up on your TR after coming back from a month in Florida. Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles, been there done that at WDW. Not fun!

When we went in Sept of 02 & 06 we had those sort of wait times in every park. It was wonderful! ;)

I'm sorry that the boys got sick and that your food was not so great. However, I love your $10 arcade trick! :thumbsup2 You are super mom!! What an awesome way to end the evening, the cruise sounds wonderful. :goodvibes

Beautiful Wishes pictures!! I definitely want to explore the cruise for our next big trip-- it seems like a splurge that's worth it!

I'm so sorry the boys were feeling so bad at dinner! I'm glad they were able to enjoy the Wishes cruise. It sounds like it was the perfect thing to do on your last evening!

Wow... crisis averted! The cruise was saved!!

Loved the little trick you used with the game cards! :rotfl:

You said the tummy troubles weren't over... I hope they didn't ruin your last day!

Kathy

Sometimes ya gotta get a little tricky with my boys! Thankfully my gut instinct that he wasn't really sick was correct!

No, the tummy troubles weren't over, let's just say the last day wasn't a whole lot of fun for one of us......

I love the monorail tree and the small world tree! Too cute!

What a shame that the boys felt so sick :(. Glad you were still able to take your cruise and see those gorgeous fireworks!!!

Isn't that monorail tree cool?! I really liked that one too.

I was very relieved to still get to go on the cruise, especially since we had skipped Wishes all week because I knew we would be seeing it on our last night! I would have been pretty bummed if we didn't see the fireworks at all for the whole trip.

Whew! Although it's awful the boys were sick, I am glad that it didn't ruin your Wishes cruise!! Those look like they are so much fun!:goodvibes

The cruise was great fun! Would have been better if it hadn't been such a chilly night, but we enjoyed it despite the cold.

Getting caught up on your TR after coming back from a month in Florida. Sorry to hear about the tummy troubles, been there done that at WDW. Not fun!

When we went in Sept of 02 & 06 we had those sort of wait times in every park. It was wonderful! ;)

Wow! A whole month in Florida?! I'm jealous!

I'd love to try a September trip at some point, but I hate to pull the boys out of school right after it starts. Guess I'll have to wait until they are done with school!

I'm sorry that the boys got sick and that your food was not so great. However, I love your $10 arcade trick! :thumbsup2 You are super mom!! What an awesome way to end the evening, the cruise sounds wonderful. :goodvibes

After our bad meal, sickness included, I was so upset that our final nights plans were not going to work out. Thankfully we did still get to go on the cruise, it was one of our trip highlights for sure!

Beautiful Wishes pictures!! I definitely want to explore the cruise for our next big trip-- it seems like a splurge that's worth it!

The cruise is quite a splurge, but it wouldn't be so bad if you had others to split the cost with. :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry the boys were feeling so bad at dinner! I'm glad they were able to enjoy the Wishes cruise. It sounds like it was the perfect thing to do on your last evening!

The Wishes cruise was a great way to say 'goodbye' to WDW!

Sorry everyone that it is taking me so long to get my next installment posted. It's our departure day and I'm dragging my feet in finishing my TR - then it really does feel like the trip is over, kwim? I promise it won't be much longer. Probably not today, but at least by tomorrow or the next day.

Sorry everyone that it is taking me so long to get my next installment posted. It's our departure day and I'm dragging my feet in finishing my TR - then it really does feel like the trip is over, kwim? I promise it won't be much longer. Probably not today, but at least by tomorrow or the next day.

Yes, I know what you mean.....But then you could start a PTR for your mother/daughter trip........:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter