The Disney Grump & Family Take on the World-Our '09 Christmas w/ the Mouse, COMPLETE

Ew, tummy troubles on the last day...no fun. I've enjoyed your TR! After your final thoughts are you going to share some more plans for your upcoming trip? Would love to hear them! :goodvibes

Thanks Kayce! I'm thinking about starting a PTR, I'll post a link here if I do.

thanks so much for sharing your family with us.
great trip report...:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for reading, it's been fun!

This has been a fun ride! I know how your poor husband felt, I fell victim on our last day in 06. Was not a good thing as I did not have all day to recover & was worried about my flight back to Ohio. It turned out ok, but I can tell you it was touch & go for awhile.

Glad that all made it home safely & am looking forward to your parting thoughts.

You're right, at least he had the day to recover, that would have been awful if we had had to head right to the airport. Being sick on a plane would be terrible!

I am SO sad that your DH got sick :sick: Nothing worse than being sick at WDW!! However, I am glad that you and the boys got a good day in Epcot together! How funny are you tricking them into the Beverly! :rotfl:

Glad your travels went well and WOW---you got LOTS of snow at home!

I sooo enjoyed your TR :goodvibes I will have to ask you many questions when I start to really plan my December trip! FANTASTIC job :lovestruc

Oh I wish you would have texted me! We were right there!!!
It would have been fun wandering around together!
I think the boys would have had fun hanging out and I know we all would have too!

All in all, it does look like you had fun though....
The Beverly pictures are too funny. I'll have to show those to Baylor!!
Too funny about Chelsea. She is at that age.....;) Plus she is such a doll!!

Just read your TR from beginning to end in one sitting! Your pics were absolutely wonderful. I especially enjoyed all the Christmas decor and the close-up shots of the Nemo show @ AK (I can never seem to take good pics of that show with my own camera). Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed TR and sharing your family's memories with us...it was a GREAT read!!!

Awwww, this is sad that your TR is over! :sad2: It was fun to follow along. I am joining the others that loved the Beverly pictures! They are great! The boy's reactions are so worth it, right? I have one that is very similar of my DH.... you should try it when you go back over, it's not too terrible, just try a sip. ;)
The Boardwalk clown... that thing is very unnerving, especially when you see your child shooting out of its mouth! :scared1: I'm not sure who thought that clown would be a good idea but I think a little redecorating would be good! :rotfl:
I'm sorry Don had a bad last day... not fun to be that sick.
Keep us posted of a PTR if you do one.

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm sorry that the ending didn't go quite as planned but at least you and the boys were able to still have a little fun. Thanks for sharing.

I'm sorry Don was not feeling well. But what a nice day you spent with your boys! :) I think it's neat that you walked all the way, checking things out. Can't wait for your final thoughts! :thumbsup2

I'm trying to get caught back up! But I wanted to comment on your wonderful night of wishes cruise!

I'm sorry the kids were sick- I'm glad everything turned out. Getting sick at disney is like being sick on Christmas.. I'm glad they were ok and able to enjoy the cruise.

I loved the firework pictures.. especially the mickey head. :goodvibes

I loved your trip report! It's one of the best I've read. :goodvibes I am also a lurker for PTRs and TRs.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes

I am SO sad that your DH got sick :sick: Nothing worse than being sick at WDW!! However, I am glad that you and the boys got a good day in Epcot together! How funny are you tricking them into the Beverly! :rotfl:

Glad your travels went well and WOW---you got LOTS of snow at home!

I sooo enjoyed your TR :goodvibes I will have to ask you many questions when I start to really plan my December trip! FANTASTIC job :lovestruc

I know, it was awful that Don got sick, but at least he got better before we had to get on the plane.

The boys and I did have a pretty good day, I must admit, my favorite part of the day was tricking them with the Beverly :laughing:

We had a ridiculous amount of snow at home - we aren't used to getting that volume of snow around here!

Feel free to ask me any questions that you might come up with - I'll do my best to answer them. You guys are going to have a great time in December!

Oh I wish you would have texted me! We were right there!!!
It would have been fun wandering around together!
I think the boys would have had fun hanging out and I know we all would have too!

All in all, it does look like you had fun though....
The Beverly pictures are too funny. I'll have to show those to Baylor!!
Too funny about Chelsea. She is at that age.....;) Plus she is such a doll!!

I know, I'm just sick that I didn't send you another text - I didn't want you to think I was crazy :laughing: The boys would have be thrilled to hang out with someone besides me at that point too!

You'll have to let me know what Baylor thinks of the pictures - I bet he'll appreciate them!

Chelsea is a doll, I agree, I bet Justin would too!

Just read your TR from beginning to end in one sitting! Your pics were absolutely wonderful. I especially enjoyed all the Christmas decor and the close-up shots of the Nemo show @ AK (I can never seem to take good pics of that show with my own camera). Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed TR and sharing your family's memories with us...it was a GREAT read!!!

Wow - that's a lot of reading in one sitting! :worship: Thank you!!

Awwww, this is sad that your TR is over! :sad2: It was fun to follow along. I am joining the others that loved the Beverly pictures! They are great! The boy's reactions are so worth it, right? I have one that is very similar of my DH.... you should try it when you go back over, it's not too terrible, just try a sip. ;)
The Boardwalk clown... that thing is very unnerving, especially when you see your child shooting out of its mouth! :scared1: I'm not sure who thought that clown would be a good idea but I think a little redecorating would be good! :rotfl:
I'm sorry Don had a bad last day... not fun to be that sick.
Keep us posted of a PTR if you do one.

I loved tricking the boys into trying the Beverly, but I don't think I'll be making the same mistake...... :rolleyes:

I agree - the clown on the Boardwalk slide needs to go! I'm not sure how long I could even sit out there and watch my kids swim with it's big evil eyes staring at me :eek:

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm sorry that the ending didn't go quite as planned but at least you and the boys were able to still have a little fun. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for reading! The last day did not go as planned, no, but it's rare that a whole week happens just the way we plan it right? It all worked out in the end, we just had to roll with it :thumbsup2

I'm sorry Don was not feeling well. But what a nice day you spent with your boys! :) I think it's neat that you walked all the way, checking things out. Can't wait for your final thoughts! :thumbsup2

We enjoyed just walking around, seeing all the decorations. The walk from the Boardwalk to DHS wasn't bad at all either, maybe even faster than waiting on a boat.

I'm trying to get caught back up! But I wanted to comment on your wonderful night of wishes cruise!

I'm sorry the kids were sick- I'm glad everything turned out. Getting sick at disney is like being sick on Christmas.. I'm glad they were ok and able to enjoy the cruise.

I loved the firework pictures.. especially the mickey head. :goodvibes

The Wishes cruise was great, one of the highlights of the trip for sure! Thankfully the boys tummy issues were brief!

Gosh, I wonder if the Boardwalk Villas have a quiet pool to sit by, I'm not sure I want to sit and look at the crazy clown in 9 days...

Gosh, I wonder if the Boardwalk Villas have a quiet pool to sit by, I'm not sure I want to sit and look at the crazy clown in 9 days...

Have enough Grey Goose Slushies and maybe it won't matter :thumbsup2

I don't remember seeing a quiet pool when we've walked around the resort, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one.......

Whew! Finally caught up after going AWOL on you.:lmao: You did an amazing job of capturing all the details :worship:and, of course, now I want to go back even more. Wahhhhhh.......:sad1:

I can't believe it spread through your whole family- I wonder if that was the food or the flu? I can't imagine having fish come back up.. ewwyy. I'm glad that you guys arrived home safe and sound and you liked the snow! hehe I would be saddd.

I like your doggy!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us- it was a great trip and I'm sad that its over. Even though I was slacking on posting on time! hehe

What a great TR!! Really loved reading all of it. You gave me some great advice/ideas for next Dec! Sorry about the sickies. We have a meal planned at the Wave-no fishy fish for me :) Kids faces after Beverly were pricelss. WIll never stay at the Boardwalk cause of that slide :scared1: Cut doggy. Hope you do a PTR!!

Just finished reading your TR and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love all of the details you included and the images and it totally makes me want to go there at Christmas time.

OKAY! I am finally here again, all caught up!

You just take such awesome photos!!!

I am sorry that the guys were having some bad luck there with whatever they had eaten, etc., WHAT a drag :( But I am also really startled that you all had bad luck at The Wave!!! We actually really enjoyed that restaurant last summer and this past fall... and for breakfast! But you never know.

Regardless, it does seem that you made the most of your day! I CAN'T believe that we were at three or four of the same parks on the same day over the course of the SAME week and never knew it or that we could have should have met!!!!! WHAT a drag ... ah well, maybe next time!!

You do have very handsome kids! And your photos are top notch!!!

I also really enjoyed all the great addons that you gave this trip, we really loved the sleigh ride and though we didn't do the wishes cruise, I think it sounds like a great idea for this summer... regardless, I really enjoyed reading all about your trip and I can't wait to hear your final observations, etc. I ALSO think you should do a PTR!!! I want to hear what your plans are for the F & G show with your mom!!!! I am soooooo wanting to go to that dang flower show!!! That and Star Wars Weekends... These are my wish trips for next year and beyond!

Anyhow, thanks for taking us along with your family. I really enjoyed it! :goodvibes

I've really enjoyed your TR; we've all had the stomach flu around here and I just am now catching up on my reading.

Love, love, love the pictures of your boys drinking that soda! We've never gone into Club Cool before (4 trips and we haven't even scratched the surface on all there is to do at WDW!), but I am totally pulling that trick on my own children. I love to tease them!

The pictures of all the gingerbread creations and Christmas decorations were so lovely. I tell you, I need more time down there to do everything I want to do!

Looking forward to your PTR coming up!

Whew! Finally caught up after going AWOL on you.:lmao: You did an amazing job of capturing all the details :worship:and, of course, now I want to go back even more. Wahhhhhh.......:sad1:

Thanks for reading Marna! Reading TRs does fuel the need to go back doesn't it?

I can't believe it spread through your whole family- I wonder if that was the food or the flu? I can't imagine having fish come back up.. ewwyy. I'm glad that you guys arrived home safe and sound and you liked the snow! hehe I would be saddd.

I like your doggy!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us- it was a great trip and I'm sad that its over. Even though I was slacking on posting on time! hehe

The tummy troubles were no fun that's for sure! I think Justin's was due to the fact that he drank that milkshake waaaaaaay too fast, Jared made himself sick :rolleyes: Don's is the only one that I think we can blame on the food - I don't think that fish was good :sad2:

Thanks so much for reading along!

What a great TR!! Really loved reading all of it. You gave me some great advice/ideas for next Dec! Sorry about the sickies. We have a meal planned at the Wave-no fishy fish for me :) Kids faces after Beverly were pricelss. WIll never stay at the Boardwalk cause of that slide :scared1: Cut doggy. Hope you do a PTR!!

Thanks Mary! I'm sure you guys will have a blast in your new 'home' come December! I've read tons of good reviews of the Wave, I really think we just hit it on a bad night, but I don't think we'll head back anytime soon......

Weren't those Beverly pics fun?! I enjoyed tricking them a little too much, I think :laughing:

Just finished reading your TR and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love all of the details you included and the images and it totally makes me want to go there at Christmas time.

Thank you so much for reading! I always love reading TRs with lots of detail and lots of pictures, so I tried to incorporate both into mine :thumbsup2

OKAY! I am finally here again, all caught up!

You just take such awesome photos!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I am sorry that the guys were having some bad luck there with whatever they had eaten, etc., WHAT a drag :( But I am also really startled that you all had bad luck at The Wave!!! We actually really enjoyed that restaurant last summer and this past fall... and for breakfast! But you never know.

I really think it was just a fluke with the Wave, I know I read lots of really good reviews of it before our trip - I specifically picked it for that night thinking it would be a great 'last night' meal. Maybe I'll give it try again in the future, but I'm afraid it will be awhile!

Regardless, it does seem that you made the most of your day! I CAN'T believe that we were at three or four of the same parks on the same day over the course of the SAME week and never knew it or that we could have should have met!!!!! WHAT a drag ... ah well, maybe next time!!

I know it's crazy isn't it?! Did you say you followed TGM's advise for that week? I did as well, which is probably why we were at the same park so often!

You do have very handsome kids! And your photos are top notch!!!

Thanks - that is very nice of you to say :lovestruc

I also really enjoyed all the great addons that you gave this trip, we really loved the sleigh ride and though we didn't do the wishes cruise, I think it sounds like a great idea for this summer... regardless, I really enjoyed reading all about your trip and I can't wait to hear your final observations, etc. I ALSO think you should do a PTR!!! I want to hear what your plans are for the F & G show with your mom!!!! I am soooooo wanting to go to that dang flower show!!! That and Star Wars Weekends... These are my wish trips for next year and beyond!

I think all the extras really helped make the trip special :thumbsup2 The Wishes cruise was great fun - I think it would be even better in the summer when the weather is warmer - we were a bit cold!

I can't wait for the F&G festival! I think Star Wars Weekends would be tons of fun as well. Some day we'll get to them all!!

I've really enjoyed your TR; we've all had the stomach flu around here and I just am now catching up on my reading.

Love, love, love the pictures of your boys drinking that soda! We've never gone into Club Cool before (4 trips and we haven't even scratched the surface on all there is to do at WDW!), but I am totally pulling that trick on my own children. I love to tease them!

The pictures of all the gingerbread creations and Christmas decorations were so lovely. I tell you, I need more time down there to do everything I want to do!

Looking forward to your PTR coming up!

Oh man, sorry you've had the sickies at your house - the stomach flu is the worst!

I know what you mean about having multiple trips under your belt and still finding new things to do. We had lots of firsts on this trip, and I have even more planned for May - that's part of what keeps us going back right? Many trips, but they are all different!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter