The Dis Teleporter Network

Astryd said:
Bezoar is on now, he is in central plaza if you have not found him yet.

I have this strange feeling that I"m being watched, that someone's following me...

I'm visiting relatives now and may not be able to get on as much for the next few days. There are going to be ~39 friends / family over tomorrow to see the new kids in the family, mine and my sister's, and I think it would not be appreciated if I spent my time upstairs on VMK. (Hmmm, on the other hand, with ~39 people, it's very likely that no one would notice if I were missing, eh?)

CoKoBOY said:
On topic: since my room is called Tea house lobby, that may sound wierd in a network that already has a lobby. So I been thinking I will make my own network, and then link it up with the DIS network, good idea?
Many people who connect into the Dis network have also connected their multiple rooms by teleporter. They are *your* rooms, so name them and connect them any way you please!

However, the connection to the Dis network will be the usual coffin to one of our current 4 lobbies, and not to the Dis Central Lobby.

oh, thanks for letting me know that!
Is it true that you buy a cofin teleporter, it comes in pairs(2)? for 500credits?

CoKoBOY said:
oh, thanks for letting me know that!
Is it true that you buy a cofin teleporter, it comes in pairs(2)? for 500credits?
Correct, a linked pair of coffin teleporters for 500 credits.

JeanJoe said:
A little bit of cool news: there is someone at the VMK Fan Site boards who is interested in starting up a teleporter network for their boards. I shared some tips with them, and suggested that someday, we might even link our networks together.

Hey hey! It is true, the VMK Fan Site Central Port is finished (well mostly) and includes a teleport to your main hub (via the coffin).

We will have mappng soon and I would be more than happy to post the VMKFanSite map here so you can use it as a guide should you wish (I am mapping the VMKFS one anyhow so not a big deal) :)

Great idea JeanJoe had!

SpinMarty said:
Hey hey! It is true, the VMK Fan Site Central Port is finished (well mostly) and includes a teleport to your main hub (via the coffin).

We will have mappng soon and I would be more than happy to post the VMKFanSite map here so you can use it as a guide should you wish (I am mapping the VMKFS one anyhow so not a big deal) :)

Great idea JeanJoe had!
Welcome to the Dis boards, SpinMarty! For a moment I thought I had ended up in an alternate board universe ;)

As SpinMarty said, the VMK teleporter networks are becoming a network of networks! TinkerBlue (from VMK fan site) and I thought that rather than just connecting our two hubs, we would leave room for expansion with other major networks.

So, the VMK fan site Master Hub and the Dis boards Central Lobby are now linked to a room called the "Place between the Worlds." If other major teleporter networks show an interest, I would like to add portals into their networks as well.

Intercot has a large and very complex network (modeled more like a neural network and less like a hub and spoke system; check out their incredibly cool mouse-over interconnection map). I'd love to have them connected to.

If anyone knows of any other large teleporter networks (say >20 rooms), could you let them know about this and let me know if they're interested?

Hey Joe!

If you need extra rooms, I'm not using either of my maleficient rooms. I'd be happy to 'donate' to the cause :flower:

A big thank you to Alex for placing my first teleporter in the new lobby. (It is the one right next to the teacup) You can all now easily get to my Lame Haunted Room. Plenty of chairs if you move to the dead center of the room. ;)

Tishke said:
A big thank you to Alex for placing my first teleporter in the new lobby. (It is the one right next to the teacup) You can all now easily get to my Lame Haunted Room. Plenty of chairs if you move to the dead center of the room. ;)

:rotfl:

WOW the Intercot map is WAAAY cool!!

* note to self . . . figure out how they did it without giving up too much VMK time!

And thanks JeanJoe for the welcome. It is a bit like crossing universes, isn't it? LOL

SpinMarty said:
WOW the Intercot map is WAAAY cool!!

* note to self . . . figure out how they did it without giving up too much VMK time!

And thanks JeanJoe for the welcome. It is a bit like crossing universes, isn't it? LOL
Agreed!

Still, with the hub / periphery setup of VMK Fan Site + Dis, it's less necessary than with Intercot's non-hierarchical loop / neural network. I think for us, what might be cool would be screen shots of each of the lobby rooms, and then mouse-over's the teleporters would pop-up the owner names. That would not be doable here (no HTML or Java), but it would be neat.

Incidentally, my suggestion to link networks with Intercot has 1 rather unenthusiastic response thus far. That's ok, I was just trying to be neighborly :)

JeanJoe said:
Agreed!

Still, with the hub / periphery setup of VMK Fan Site + Dis, it's less necessary than with Intercot's non-hierarchical loop / neural network. I think for us, what might be cool would be screen shots of each of the lobby rooms, and then mouse-over's the teleporters would pop-up the owner names. That would not be doable here (no HTML or Java), but it would be neat.

Incidentally, my suggestion to link networks with Intercot has 1 rather unenthusiastic response thus far. That's ok, I was just trying to be neighborly :)

I saw in one of Intercots room descritions, that if were not intercot, then don't bother coming in. :rolleyes: nice. I use to post there, but have not in a while. I was thinking about going over and saying hi again, but maybe not.

Astryd said:
I saw in one of Intercots room descritions, that if were not intercot, then don't bother coming in.

Ouch!

JeanJoe said:
DisAlex (VMK) = WebmasterAlex (Dis) now owns the Captain Blackheart Dis Lobby and can place coffin teleporters for you!

DisAlex just placed my teleporter - thank you :)

A big thanks to chimera, mickeysmagic, and all the others who have offered to donate rooms to the Dis teleporter network. We're all set for "lobbies" now -- we have 4 of them, and each can hold probably ~30 coffin teleporters for a total of 120 linked rooms. We're at ~50 linked rooms right now, so there's plenty of room.

Coffin donation? There haven't been too many new requests to place more links, but one problem might be that newer people are having a hard time coming up with the 500 credits to purchase a coffin teleporter. So, if anyone here has credits burning a hole in their pocket, and you notice someone who would like to link in but can't afford it, that might be nice. :) If there's interest, perhaps people who would like a coffin could post in this thread.

Another way to help out would be to donate extra pieces of furniture. If you think a particular extra piece of furniture would look nice in a lobby, feel free to donate.

If we end up using additional rows of teleporters, it would be especially nice to have LOTS of crates. I spent 1,350 credits on 27 crates the other day :guilty: to try out elevating the teleporters against the back row in case we needed to put a second row in front of them.

Thanks to all again for your offers, and to everyone who is participating!

By the way, Yeti lobby (the 2nd tea cup from Central) was getting full and the new Blackheart lobby was lonely (the 4th tea cup from Central), so we did a transfer to even things out -- sorry if you got confused with the rearranging.

Shortly, Astryd will be taking over Yeti lobby (once I transfer the current room contents to her), so

If you'd like a teleporter placed, the lobby owners are: (from left to right, by tea cup from Dis Central Lobby)

Maleficent Lobby: JeanJoe=Bezoar
Yeti Lobby: Astryd=Astryd
Shrunken Ned Lobby: pumpkinfish=MissBelle
Blackheart Lobby: WebmasterAlex=disalex

I know how you feel. I've only gotten in once and I don't which of the rooms it was that I got into. I've tried every one of them since then, and none of them come up on search.:) Oh well....
Kim

teleporting for dummies!
I have a teleporter , do I need 2? I put my 1 in my room, I can only get into the dis central room thingy when someone is there, if noone is there how can you open the room? Can someone help the poor woman stuck in VMK?
Tomandtammy-DIS
Distam-VMK

Bezoar, JeanJoe, whatever you are going by these days :rotfl:

I have a TON of credits, mostly from my many failed attempts at fireworks magic :rolleyes: , so if you need furniture catch me in the game and I'll buy whatever you need and trade it to you. Wow, if only someone would say that to me in real life! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter