The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Love the video Christy! I've watched some episodes of The Nerdist on BBC America...very entertaining!

I think I need to start watching Doctor Who, I think I would like it.

Jason
Jason,

Jack actually showed me the light with Dr Who. I enjoyed the old episodes but the new ones are soooo much better.
Cathie

In other news: New Doctor Who coming very, very soon now! :dance3:

Heard the Tokyo Disney's version of the Splash Mt. song and almost died laughing. Going to Tokyo has become even more of a priority because EVERYONE should experience that! :dance3:

It has been confirmed that my friend is having a girl and is naming her Obsidion, but the girl will go by Sadie. I sat my southern aside and told her how I felt about the name and she heard me out in good grace. At least I got it off my chest. But I did just buy and ship a pair of baby mouse ears with SADIE on the back and plan to forget that I ever knew about the other name.

It's under the 20 day mark for my sister's baby, Charlotte, to make her arrival! :cheer2: :angel: princess:

" has found out the the pool of 28 applicants for the job he wants has been cut down to six and he's still in. Fingers and toes crossed folks! :"

Thanks from the Venice pages. They are wonderful, of course. I still really miss Venice.

Good for you on talking to your friend. I wish I had done the same when my fiend named her son Chas ( instead of Charles).

Id love to see a picture of Charlotte when she arrives

Congrats to Jeri! Best luck to him. :banana:

VSightseeingLEFT.jpg

VSightseeingRIGHT.jpg

:moped:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mmqtt

Hey all! More Doctor Who info...

Check out Pond Life on the BBC website. It is a five part web series leading up to the season premeire. The whole series is about 5 or 6 minutes in total. Great way to get more excited about seeing the show tomorrow night.

:surfweb: Well, that was interesting to say the least - it took me a while to realize that "Pond" is a last name :lmao:

The website was quite interesting though and it'll help me get a grip on the show.

I did notice that BBC America is running a lot of episodes today and tomorrow leading up to the new show. I've got my DVR recording some of them & hope to watch at least a few before tomorrow evening :thumbsup2

LOVE Pond Life. I have no idea why but Ood on the loo had me cracking up! :rotfl2: And we're bringing Marilee into the collective! Jason can't be too far behind! :thumbsup2

Our early morning walk through Venice was one of my favorite moments. I loved watching the city unfurl and come to life. I loved the gondola parking lot!

This was the most magical trip!!! Can not wait to go back! Oh how I must go back!

This layout gave me fits. I put a ton of things on and then pulled them off and then moved them around. I still don't love it, but hopefully it will grow on me. :goodvibes Sadly that bring us to the end of our Venice adventure and it's back to Rome. I have a couple of layouts left to do of Rome that simply would not come together, so it's time for them to behave themselves!

VStMarksAtNightLEFT.jpg

VStMarksAtNightRIGHT.jpg

Enjoy! And Happy New Who Day!

I love the cover. The passport in the background is great

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

And the front cover and spine of the book!
1CoverWEBONLYDELETE.jpg
Lauren

Those are great. Where did you find the Mickey world? I love it. The pages are really great. Do you send it off and have it bound? Jack did that for our fifth anniversary. It was such a nice present and a total surprise. He worked on it at night after I had gone to bed.

Cathie

Smokey'sMom said:
I made Jack wait five minutes to start because I was at the grocery and couldn't get back on time.

We came close to having marital issues . . . ;)

Jack

We came close to having marital issues . . . ;)

Jack

So glad you guys worked through that! I always let the Tivo run about 30 minutes out anyway cause I HATE commercials!

So lets take this moment to talk about what not to do as a parent, or any thinking person anyway. Yes, we've reached another update on the Life of Lauren!

So my dad calls this morning at 6:30 IN THE MORNING! and he says Hey, give me a call. That's it. At 6:30 A freaking M in the morning. Now, my middle sister is 12 days away from giving birth, my youngest sister has been running a 102 fever for the past two days, my brother just got out of the hospital last week after 23 hour observation for concussion and my stepmother got hold of a peanut that sent her to the emergency room two weeks ago. And because it's 6:30 in the morning and nobody with any sense wants to talk to me until after 10:00 a.m. or until after they have made sure I've had breakfast I immedatly assume ......what? SOMEBODY IS DEAD!

So I call back, who what, where! And Dad says our air conditioner is broken and I was trying to catch Jeri before he went to work. :mad: So I say something really respectful like next time leave that in the f-ing message. But I didn't say f-ing. I said the whole word. And then I took the Lord's name in vain. Except I really wasn't swearing, I was asking for some much needed HELP! But Dad let it slide this time. Know why? Because it's 6:30 IN THE MORNING! :sad2: And I also said you gotta get up earlier in the morning than this to catch Jeri before work in late August, you know. Which leads me to later today......

Now it's lunchtime and Mom has walked over and we're going to lunch and to run a few errands. And she comes in and says I didn't see your car, and I say, well, it's out there. She never sees my car. It's weird. And then I'll point it out to her and she'll say I don't know how I didn't see it. It's a little game we like to play. Well, she seems to. It just annoys me.

Anyway, I got my purse, my library books and we're off. Except guess what? My car is actually not there. We go down the block and around the block and check all of the places I like to park. Except I remember parking it yesterday clearly in front of the house because it was a tight spot and I was proud of my mad parking skills. Now I am covered in sweat and starving and I go call Jeri before I call the police to find out if he saw the car when he left that morning.

But he's not picking up because he's important and stuff so I text him 911 and keep calling him until finally he picks up and we go back and forth about where the car is. Turns out he did take it out last night to run an errand when I was in the shower and he put it back in front of John's house. Well, it's not in front of John's house. At the stop sign? Yeah, in the first spot. You don't see it? NO I DON'T SEE IT! And I'm HOT and SWEATY and HUNGRY I got woken up at 6:30 in the morning by crazy people and now my car is gone! This is my day????? REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

As it happens the car is across the street from John's house around the corner at a different stop sign. With a $15 parking ticket on it. At least it's not stolen though, right? :sad2: This is the kind of dingbat stuff he starts doing at the end of summer though.

Which is why we got him a handsome, new navy pinstripe suit and blue shirt and tie with pretty new shoes to drive five hours up to Atlanta in our not stolen car for his job interview tomorrow at 1:30. Where he's going to get a great job training people for Trane and though the summer will still be really busy hope to Heaven it's not going to be insane anymore 'cause I'm telling ya somebody in this house is going to wind up hurt. And I don't mean me! :littleangel:

So. . .that's what I've been up to! And WHEN he does get this job at Trane, and there's a week in between stopping his old job and starting his new one, guess where we're going for a MUCH NEEDED break before I have some kind of nervous breakdown? I'll give ya a hint! It starts with a W and ends with a W! :laughing: :grouphug:

Oh, Lauren! Sorry you had such a stressful day but glad everyone made it through. Good luck to Jeri! Positive thoughts headed his way for the interview. I thought of you today...I was driving through the square in town and guess what was filming!! You got it...TVD. I thought I saw Ian but it must have been his stand in. From a distance, I could have sworn it was him but as I got closer I realized it wasn't. Must have been wishful thinking!

Lauren,

Jack cant wait a second to watch Dr Who. He thinks it was a big sacrifice on his part :)

What a crazy day! I hope everyone gets healthy soon. Thats way too much for one family.

Best of luck to Jeri --- not that he needs it.

My aunt called me at 6:00 am during the first gulf war, in which my cousin was fighting. I had much the same reaction, minus the language. She's my Dad's much older sister nd probably old have keeled over if I said a "bad" word. I thought for sure something had happened to him. She was just calling to chat.... Odd thing is that s the only time she has EVER called me.

I say you deserve to sleep in tomorrow.
Cathie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter